Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2011, 20:12   #1306
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
Sales Manager was in a different mood as he realized that they were the only ones providing me that offer. Deal finalized as follows:

Honda City SMT: 997,982
Cash Discount: 45,000

Final On-road price: 952,982

Free accessories:

- Stanley Classic 27,000 (have to pay 3k for door side panel)
- Fog lamps 18,000
- Extended Warranty 5,500 (no RSA)
- Side step garnish 4 10,000
- 3M Sunfilm 5,000
- Body Cover 1,500

I think a good neat deal at the end, Bharat. Congrats.

BTW for the people interested on Jazz you can get the sensors and/or sunfilms free in the era of high bookings as well. I have seen dealers offering it. So put fight and am sure you have a few freebies on every car.

For Fabia - what I am getting is 50k off on old Elegance petrol. Am negotiating for more- any pointers from people will be appreciated.

~maniac

Last edited by serious_maniac : 13th September 2011 at 20:15. Reason: grammatical
Old 14th September 2011, 12:17   #1307
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
- Fog lamps 18,000
I was quoted 8,000 for original honda fogs with 1 year guarranty.Anyway the deal you got is still mindblowing.

Enjoy the vtec,and rev it high!
Old 14th September 2011, 15:30   #1308
Senior - BHPian

The great Honda Fest has started. Book now and take delivery in Navratras.
Attached Thumbnails
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-ad0400710.png  

bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2011, 15:39   #1309
Senior - BHPian

Fiat Linea T Jet/T Jet+, 50k/75K discount, free first year insurance & 50 months Road Side Assistance. Without doubt, the best bang for your buck and you get a luxurious drivers car.
Old 14th September 2011, 17:49   #1310
BHPian

Got a quote for Skoda Fabia 1.6 Elegance,
Rs.6,30,660 Ex-Showroom Mumbai.
Rs.36,500 Skoda Shield
Rs.4,781 Drive assurance
Rs.6,000 Standard accessories
Rs.50,646 Individual registration
Rs.4,000 CRTM/Depot charges
Rs.6,600 Stamp duty and processing
Rs.20,000 discount

There is a finance option of 5 Yrs with EMI Rs.12,523.

Is this quote okay or we can ask for more discount?
Old 14th September 2011, 18:03   #1311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrani View Post
Got a quote for Skoda Fabia 1.6 Elegance,
Rs.6,30,660 Ex-Showroom Mumbai.
Rs.36,500 Skoda Shield
Rs.4,781 Drive assurance
Rs.6,000 Standard accessories
Rs.50,646 Individual registration
Rs.4,000 CRTM/Depot charges
Rs.6,600 Stamp duty and processing
Rs.20,000 discount

There is a finance option of 5 Yrs with EMI Rs.12,523.

Is this quote okay or we can ask for more discount?
Push for 40k+ discount on old stock. Go to dealer who has higher stock. Its a "clearance" sale on old stock.

There is a 40k+ discount in Bangalore

~maniac
Old 14th September 2011, 18:26   #1312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by serious_maniac View Post
Push for 40k+ discount on old stock. Go to dealer who has higher stock. Its a "clearance" sale on old stock.

There is a 40k+ discount in Bangalore

~maniac
Thanks for this information. The sales rep was trying hard to finish the deal today itself. I will now negotiate harder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Here is what to do
. Check the ex-showroom prices from the manufacturer's site. These should match with other sites. If they do not, take the manufacture's figure for that city. At times the other sites do not factor in the latest prices. For example if you check Pajero prices, most of the sites have the BS-III version price listed. The Bs-IV is more.
. Check the RTO charges. These should be same. If there is any difference, take the highest one. If you know the RTO rates, you can calculate yourself.
. Now the only difference that remains is the Insurance. Discount the highest quoted insurance by at least 20% to arrive at a reasonable onroad price, before discounts. The Insurance is calculated as follows :
- Third party. Fixed figure for small, medium and large cars. Any insurance agent can give you this figure for your target vehicle.
- AC and other levies - fixed. Any insurance agent can give you this figure for your target vehicle.
- About 3% (exact figure any agent can give you) of the IDV, which is generally 95% of the ex-showroom price. Most agents will give you a 15-30% discount on this component, but showrooms refuse unless you threaten to get it on your own.
- Where the Insurer has option for "Zero Depriciation", add 20-40% to the total.

I found an interesting thing. While researching the on road price of a Fortuner, I discovered that where ever the RTO was low, the ex-showroom price was higher, hence the insurance was more. In effect if you save 2L on RTO, the higher cost and insurance takes away 50K, but you still save 1.5K.
Wow, thats detailed. Thank you for pointing me in the correct direction. Will check up all aspects better now.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Technocrat : 16th September 2011 at 02:37. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 15th September 2011, 13:27   #1313
BHPian

Booked a Honda City SMT ten mins back.

Offers are:

OTR 8.4 lacs.
Free Rear sensor
Free Art leather Interior package includes seats,arm rests and door trims.
Old 15th September 2011, 14:38   #1314
BHPian

Congrats!

Can you also post the offer details, like cash discount offered, corporate discounts applied etc?
Old 15th September 2011, 16:09   #1315
BHPian

Quote:
I had been to the Dakshin Honda showroom looking for the Honda City SMT (ANHC) and I was offered the following deal:

On Road (SMT) 9,97,981
Cash Discount: 47,000
Actual On Road price: ~9,50,000

Plus the Following Free Accesories:
  • Extended Warranty 10K
  • Stanley Classic Leather 33K
  • 3M Sunfilm 5.6K
  • 4 Side Step Garnish 10K
  • Fog Lamps 20K
  • Car Cover 1.8K
Guys is this a good deal considering that people were offered 85K off? Should I ask for more cash discount?
Looks like a good deal.
How do you plan to install the fog light?
Does the dealer give you with the complete painted bumper of V model and install the fog lamps?
Take care of the specific details (such as brands, specifications, warranty card etc.,) of the accessories so that you get what you have asked for.
Make sure of the car's date of manufacture using the VIN and do a complete PDI BEFORE the car goes for registration and also BEFORE you take the delivery at the show room.
Take a friend with you who is knowledgeable and has an eye for details while doing the PDI.

HC
Old 15th September 2011, 17:12   #1316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero City View Post
Does the dealer give you with the complete painted bumper of V model and install the fog lamps?
  • Yeah it will be Honda Original fog lamps (made them mention same as VMT in the booking slip)
Quote:
Take care of the specific details (such as brands, specifications, warranty card etc.,) of the accessories so that you get what you have asked for.
  • Thanks for the pointer, I will do that
Quote:
Make sure of the car's date of manufacture using the VIN and do a complete PDI BEFORE the car goes for registration and also BEFORE you take the delivery at the show room.
  • Yeah I plan to go as per the Team-bhp rule book. Do you have to pay the entire amount before you get the VIN?

Last edited by bharatbs : 15th September 2011 at 17:17.
Old 15th September 2011, 17:31   #1317
BHPian

Was planning to buy Ford Figo, How much discounts are currently on ZXi or Titanium?
Old 15th September 2011, 18:29   #1318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedemon
Was planning to buy Ford Figo, How much discounts are currently on ZXi or Titanium?
Am also looking at ford figo titanium diesel. Got price of 6.6 lacs OTR Mumbai. What discounts normally available.

Maybe I am posting this queston in the wrong thread, but is the titanium diesel recommended over Fabia 1.6 Elegance, monthly use 1k kms, for 6ft 2" person
Old 15th September 2011, 18:39   #1319
BHPian

Anybody know of any discounts on the Scorpio ? Is there any discounts running now at all ?
Old 15th September 2011, 19:56   #1320
BHPian

Quote:
  • Yeah I plan to go as per the Team-bhp rule book. Do you have to pay the entire amount before you get the VIN?
The PDI list found in the thread may not be completely updated with other members experience, so I suggest to use the PDI list as the base but add more relevant points from other posts as well as your own thoughts.
There is always room for improvement based on practical experience.
Paying up the entire amount depends upon your confidence with the dealer.
In my case after I did the visual inspection, I paid in full, but may not be possible always.
Try to establish a good understanding with the dealer this will go a long way in the future.

HC

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks