Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2011, 23:29   #1351
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
I guess I should follow your resilience and wait it out.

Other option would be to buy the 1.3 and get the race chip to get up its power up to 88BHP. That should work too, right??

Cheers
Request to mods: Please move the below reply to appropriate thread if it is found going here

Well if you have that patience to wait, then nothing like it. Yes you can go for the 1.3 MJD coupled with a tuning box, but it won't enhance the power & toque ratings that much. When I came across this article (link below), I simply fell in love with the 1.6 MJD & its capabilities. This engine under the hood of a Linea can do wonders. Just imagine all that 290Nm of torque available @ just 1500 revs, would make this car a breeze to drive in the city & on the highways, do I need to add anything more?

Fiat Bravo: All the strengths of the new 1.6 Multijet 16v engine
Old 18th September 2011, 23:40   #1352
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Request to mods: Please move the below reply to appropriate thread if it is found going here

Well if you have that patience to wait, then nothing like it. Yes you can go for the 1.3 MJD coupled with a tuning box, but it won't enhance the power & toque ratings that much. When I came across this article (link below), I simply fell in love with the 1.6 MJD & its capabilities. This engine under the hood of a Linea can do wonders. Just imagine all that 290Nm of torque available @ just 1500 revs, would make this car a breeze to drive in the city & on the highways, do I need to add anything more?

Fiat Bravo: All the strengths of the new 1.6 Multijet 16v engine
Yes I do remember reading this article a couple of years back and getting it all awed by it.

Thanks for getting it all back again.

Man I sure hope Fiat does something and gets this in Diwali by hook or by crook

Cheers
Old 19th September 2011, 10:34   #1353
Senior - BHPian

Exactly what both Fiat and MUL need to counter the Germans. Imagine the SX4 mated to the brilliant 1.6 Diesel and the 6 speed Gear Box, that will rival the Baleno petrol which we have been missing. The Linea sales will also zoom with this combo.
Old 19th September 2011, 10:38   #1354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
which dealer did you book at? also did you get floor mats with the car or have to pay for that too? it was posted on another thread that one member manager to get floor mats. i thought it was supposed to come with the car.
booked it at dakshin honda in bangalore, and floor mats do come with the car, saw it myself in the display car and the sales guy confirmed the same too. will be getting the delivery of the car in november with a 3 month waiting period.
Old 19th September 2011, 10:59   #1355
BHPian

I booked the Jazz Select last week. Got corporate discount of 5K plus floor mats and UV treatment with it. Booking amount was 25K with waiting period of 4 months. No other freebies inspite of haggling hard for 2 weeks. Not even the car cover. I checked with the dealer on UV treatment. He mentioned that its some treatement for color protection but nothing to do with the 3M kind of standard coating. He was not sure about the exact process. Request senior members to throw light on this UV protection thing. Is it something real or some marketing gimmick ?
Old 19th September 2011, 11:38   #1356
BHPian

I took delivery of my Jazz select R.Red yesterday at Dakshi Honda.
NO FREEBIES..tried hard bargaining for sun film and Extended warranty..a complete NO NO from the dealer.

floor mats came with the car, no cover (im told the Jazz X comes with it)
My vehicle came fitted with Michelins and the spare wheel doesnt come with alloys

thanks
Keyan
Attached Thumbnails
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-jazz-select.jpg  

Old 19th September 2011, 11:50   #1357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyank View Post
I took delivery of my Jazz select R.Red yesterday at Dakshi Honda.
NO FREEBIES..tried hard bargaining for sun film and Extended warranty..a complete NO NO from the dealer.

floor mats came with the car, no cover (im told the Jazz X comes with it)
My vehicle came fitted with Michelins and the spare wheel doesnt come with alloys

thanks
Keyan
Congrats keyan! i too tried hard for freebies but the dealer wasnt ready to budge. i assume after november when supply is regular and there is no waiting, maybe some freebies can be had.

Most cars these days dont come with five alloys. this is the manufacturer's way of saving cost. Even the remote locking is available on only one key.

These floor mats are the standard black/grey ones right? there is another set of transparent plastic mats which the dealer wanted me to take for ease of cleaning.
Old 19th September 2011, 13:40   #1358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrtz125 View Post
I booked the Jazz Select last week. Got corporate discount of 5K plus floor mats and UV treatment with it. Booking amount was 25K with waiting period of 4 months. No other freebies inspite of haggling hard for 2 weeks. Not even the car cover. I checked with the dealer on UV treatment. He mentioned that its some treatement for color protection but nothing to do with the 3M kind of standard coating. He was not sure about the exact process. Request senior members to throw light on this UV protection thing. Is it something real or some marketing gimmick ?
Thats a good deal and by far the highest corporate discount i have read of on the jazz. Never heard of the UV treatment earlier though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyank View Post

floor mats came with the car
i am quiet confused by this floor mats being offered. A couple of memebers have posted earlier that they have been offered floor mats as part of freebies.

Yet, others have confirmed that this comes default with the car. Can someone shed some light on this? are the dealers taking us for a ride by offering standard stuff as 'freebies'
Old 19th September 2011, 14:05   #1359
BHPian

Funkyp the mats were already in the car (it was washed and parked inside the showroom when i landed there to take delivery) it was not there when i saw it couple of days back in their stock yard.
yes it is a black/grey with Jazz embroidery on the the driver side one.

my dealer said corporate discount was on offer(max 5k), however the listing didnt include either mine or my wife's co. i saw the printed list myself there were 3 categories (platinum, gold & silver)
Old 19th September 2011, 14:06   #1360
BHPian

In honda car India website, there is a banner for 'Great Honda Fest' flashed.
Do we have any updates on the offers?
Old 19th September 2011, 14:22   #1361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojmis View Post
In honda car India website, there is a banner for 'Great Honda Fest' flashed.
Do we have any updates on the offers?
There was an ad in the paper for this.

Honda is offering Audio Video Navigation system on the Civic and Accord. There is no mention of any other offer on any other variants. City already has a host of discount on it.
funkyp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2011, 16:10   #1362
Senior - BHPian

Looks like BMW is now offering something on X1

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-ad0320506.png
Old 19th September 2011, 16:45   #1363
BHPian

Booked Fabia 1.2 HTP Elegance (pre-refresh). Following is the offer:

45k cash discount

Ex-showroom : 5,87,429
Insurance : 19,296
Road tax & handling : 1,01,287 (handling is 10k duh!)
Extended warranty : 10,423
Drive Assure (0% dep) : 4491

Total : 722926

Disc (-45,000)
Final price : 6,77,926

Freebies : rear parking sensors (black) OR sunfilms + mud flaps, mats

I am told that refreshed Fabia will be available only after 4-6 weeks and only corporate discounts will be available. So going on for pre-refresh Fabia.

Question on freebies
1) Should I take rear parking sensors (beeping type) or should I go for sunfilm - sides & rear? The rear parking sensors are not in body colour and the sales guy says that there will be a very small traingular device kept in the dashboard corner for beeping - do not know how it will look. Sunfilm is from Llumar Silver series which he says will cost Rs. 2,500 for the car.

Am tempted for sensors as any external install will void warranty and later getting it done from Skoda is going to be costly but did not like the sound of triangular "dabba" on the dashboard.

2) Dealer says that the body cover is not free - will cost Rs. 1500

Has anybody managed anything better on Fabia recently. Planning to pay balance tomorrow and take delivery in next 2-3 days.

~maniac
Old 19th September 2011, 17:53   #1364
Team-BHP Support

Why a Fabia refresh when there was one very recently? Any idea what are the changes per the refresh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by serious_maniac View Post
1) Should I take rear parking sensors (beeping type) or should I go for sunfilm - sides & rear? The rear parking sensors are not in body colour and the sales guy says that there will be a very small traingular device kept in the dashboard corner for beeping - do not know how it will look. Sunfilm is from Llumar Silver series which he says will cost Rs. 2,500 for the car.

Am tempted for sensors as any external install will void warranty and later getting it done from Skoda is going to be costly but did not like the sound of triangular "dabba" on the dashboard.
Personally, I'm not a very big fan of reverse sensors as I don't find them very confidence-inspiring. In my opinion, reverse sensors for a hatch don't make much sense; they are more of a luxury than a necessity. Generally, there is an extra mirror that is fitted on top of the OEM that shows the reverse sensor readings. If there's going to be a device on the dash, the whole arrangement seems to be cheap.

The other thing on offer, sun-films will be much cheaper than the sensors.

I'd suggest you ask for a cash discount instead of these accessories.

Although I wouldn't recommend sensors at all, getting them fitted outside the dealer should not void the warranty.
Old 19th September 2011, 18:37   #1365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Why a Fabia refresh when there was one very recently? Any idea what are the changes per the refresh?

Personally, I'm not a very big fan of reverse sensors as I don't find them very confidence-inspiring. In my opinion, reverse sensors for a hatch don't make much sense; they are more of a luxury than a necessity. Generally, there is an extra mirror that is fitted on top of the OEM that shows the reverse sensor readings. If there's going to be a device on the dash, the whole arrangement seems to be cheap.

The other thing on offer, sun-films will be much cheaper than the sensors.

I'd suggest you ask for a cash discount instead of these accessories.

Although I wouldn't recommend sensors at all, getting them fitted outside the dealer should not void the warranty.

Fabia refresh - details here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...a-refresh.html

Well I guess cannot get more cash discounts than what I have got - am trying though.

The sensors are more the "beep - beep" kinds it is just that the beeping device (a small triangular device as per sales person) is on one corner of the dash. Is this how the basic sensors work?

~maniac

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks