Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2011, 16:07   #1336
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
Well with the kind of traffic we have in Bombay believe me driving is really no fun during rush hour. Driving myself everyday or taking an AC bus to work would work equally for me. I am not able to put one decision over the other. I am moving my stance to start driving everyday but not totally decided.

TJET would have been a no-brainer choice for me if not for the increasing difference of diesel / petrol prices. Buying a diesel would keep my option alive to use that for daily commute.

Keeping my driving decision aside, I am still interested to know views on the quality of the diesel vis a vis TJET. General perception in GTOs review is that TJET is better laid out. Is that the case still or not.

Cheers
ac bus vs driving in traffic.Now thats a fair trade off.

I would say test drive both diesel and tjet.Also see if you find any difference in the quality.i think not because it wouldn make monetary sense for fiat to make cars in two different quality levels.

Meanwhile why dont you check out honda city.Huge discounts going around,also the vtec is brilliant.The resale value vs fiat should also be considered.

As per team bhp sales thread,linea sold 113 units in aug vs 2000 sx4,3000 vento and 6000 citys(aided by thew discounts)

Last edited by revintup : 17th September 2011 at 16:08. Reason: increase clarity
Old 17th September 2011, 21:51   #1337
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by revintup View Post
ac bus vs driving in traffic.Now thats a fair trade off.

I would say test drive both diesel and tjet.Also see if you find any difference in the quality.i think not because it wouldn make monetary sense for fiat to make cars in two different quality levels.

Meanwhile why dont you check out honda city.Huge discounts going around,also the vtec is brilliant.The resale value vs fiat should also be considered.

As per team bhp sales thread,linea sold 113 units in aug vs 2000 sx4,3000 vento and 6000 citys(aided by thew discounts)
Oh believe me I have spent almost two months trying to match the best deal that are available nationwide but for some reason not getting the same in Bombay. Also I really didn't enjoy driving the City. I guess after having a S10 don't like the way the city handles.
Resale value is not really a concern.
After lots of brainstorming and research came down to the linea as the best value for money. Now just to decide on the tjet or diesel.

Cheers
Old 18th September 2011, 11:03   #1338
Senior - BHPian

Go for Linea TJet if you think from the heart. However if your head rules your decision making and you think you'll be affected by petrol prices, diesel is better for you. TJet is purely for enthusiasts. Its great fun to drive. If you buy that car, do not bother yourself with resale value etc. But then your running should justify a diesel car. Don't buy it purely due to the price arbitrage at the moment. Last heard, diesel pricing for consumer cars is now going to be de-subsidised vis-a-vis commercial vehicles. So we might see the gap between diesel and petrol narrowing in future.
Old 18th September 2011, 13:01   #1339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Go for Linea TJet if you think from the heart. However if your head rules your decision making and you think you'll be affected by petrol prices, diesel is better for you. TJet is purely for enthusiasts. Its great fun to drive. If you buy that car, do not bother yourself with resale value etc. But then your running should justify a diesel car. Don't buy it purely due to the price arbitrage at the moment. Last heard, diesel pricing for consumer cars is now going to be de-subsidised vis-a-vis commercial vehicles. So we might see the gap between diesel and petrol narrowing in future.
Thanks for your inputs. I seriously do not see this stupid government rationalizing prices anytime soon.

Btw now there are rumors that a 1.6MJD diesel Linea is on the way by Diwali. Now if this can be confirmed soon, I definitely know that will be THE car to buy and end of all confusion.

Cheers
Old 18th September 2011, 13:57   #1340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
anyone knows of any offer/freebies on the Jazz? unlikely that there will be any, but some good bargainers can still manage small stuff

Also, has anyone got corporate discount on any variant of the Jazz. my dealer told me there is none and honda one to one doesnt know, they want me to ask the dealer!!
i booked the jazz x, got a corporate discount of 3k, no freebies!
Old 18th September 2011, 14:42   #1341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstream_nos View Post
i booked the jazz x, got a corporate discount of 3k, no freebies!
which dealer did you book at? also did you get floor mats with the car or have to pay for that too? it was posted on another thread that one member manager to get floor mats. i thought it was supposed to come with the car.
Old 18th September 2011, 16:10   #1342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
Thanks for your inputs. I seriously do not see this stupid government rationalizing prices anytime soon.

Btw now there are rumors that a 1.6MJD diesel Linea is on the way by Diwali. Now if this can be confirmed soon, I definitely know that will be THE car to buy and end of all confusion.

Cheers
Wow, the 1.6 MJD Linea would give stiff competition to Fluidic Verna. Also, Honda is launching it's diesel engines in City, Civic and CRV on Diwali. So the Diesel sedan segment is heating up surely.

Any idea on the Linea 1.6 expected pricing? I expect atleast 11 lacs on road Mumbai.

EDIT - Just came across this post. Looks like no Linea 1.6 MJD
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2318119

Last edited by nishantgandhi : 18th September 2011 at 16:15.
Old 18th September 2011, 16:21   #1343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi

Also, Honda is launching it's diesel engines in City, Civic and CRV on Diwali.
Where did you get this piece of news? As per general knowledge honda diesels are alteast away until 2013
Old 18th September 2011, 16:32   #1344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
Where did you get this piece of news? As per general knowledge honda diesels are alteast away until 2013
Saw it on one of the car TV shows recently
Old 18th September 2011, 16:51   #1345
BHPian

Quote:
Saw it on one of the car TV shows recently
wow this is definitely big. can you recall which show? if this is indeed true (i have my BIG doubts), i would want to hold on my jazz bokking until then and might just extend my budget and plonk for the diesel city.

read this earlier:

"As per an official statement from Jnaneswar Sen, senior vice-president (sales & marketing) at Honda SIEL
We are developing a diesel engine in Japan to power City. It could take us more than two years. The rapid dieselization of the market has happened only in the last one year, as the price difference between diesel and petrol has gone up from Rs. 10 to Rs. 21. We had to prioritize our efforts to be a big brand with big volumes, which will come from Honda Brio."

Last edited by funkyp : 18th September 2011 at 16:58. Reason: more info added.
Old 18th September 2011, 20:00   #1346
BHPian

Any one has any idea of any discounts on SX4 AT and the waiting time for the same?
With Honda pricing I am wondering if Maruti is trying to match the discunts.
BTW is SX4 produced at troubled factory?

Rgds.
Old 18th September 2011, 20:20   #1347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The coming of Linea 1.6 MJD has been discussed since time immemorial. However Fiat itself has confirmed that this won't be coming until 2012. I believe next year when the Linea gets the mid-life makeover, Fiat will plonk the 1.6 MJD under its hood. That is one car I am keenly awaiting since 2 years now & ready to wait for another year if required.
Old 18th September 2011, 23:03   #1348
BHPian

Quote:
Wow, the 1.6 MJD Linea would give stiff competition to Fluidic Verna. Also, Honda is launching it's diesel engines in City, Civic and CRV on Diwali. So the Diesel sedan segment is heating up surely.

Any idea on the Linea 1.6 expected pricing? I expect atleast 11 lacs on road Mumbai.

The above post is a few months old. aks_karthik had updated in his thread that he got to know from reliable sources that 1.6MJD Linea is on its way by Diwali.

I guess I would rather wait up till Diwali than repent later. I am sure the current pricing would continue even after a couple of months.

Ya it should be around 11 lacs considering the current one is 9.6 on road.

As for the Honda, general news is that its gonna be 2012/13 before Honda gets us a diesel. A Honda Diesel in Diwali would be quite a shocker.

Cheers
Old 18th September 2011, 23:09   #1349
BHPian

Today, had been to quite a few showrooms searching for a couple of hatchbacks for cousins.

Micra seems the best deal currently with the kind of kit it has. Around 50k off the petrol Micras. Top end comes to 5.9 lakhs on road in Bombay.

Wagon-R is real value for money with just 4.3 on road for the VXi (without ABS).

i20 petrol has around 30K off but still way more expensive than the Micra.

i10 has around 15k off.

Vista is also a great deal at around 5.3 lakhs for the top - 1 version without airbags.

Cheers
Old 18th September 2011, 23:11   #1350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
The coming of Linea 1.6 MJD has been discussed since time immemorial. However Fiat itself has confirmed that this won't be coming until 2012. I believe next year when the Linea gets the mid-life makeover, Fiat will plonk the 1.6 MJD under its hood. That is one car I am keenly awaiting since 2 years now & ready to wait for another year if required.
I guess I should follow your resilience and wait it out.

Other option would be to buy the 1.3 and get the race chip to get up its power up to 88BHP. That should work too, right??

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks