Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2011, 09:19   #601
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab
Or you can try and opt for reverse sensors. Though i don't like them and don't have then installed on my Civic either.
I actually find them very useful on our roads where you never know if there's a boulder or a pole or something hidden out of sight of the 3 RVMs, especially in the dark.

The simplest ones - beep only - are more than sufficient. Distance readout is a nice-to-have. The ones with camera integrated can be avoided. No great return on the extra investment other than some snob/geek value.

The V variant will anyway come with factory-fitted beep-type sensors. I don't know if they're standard on the S too after the rooflift.

Regards,
spadix
Old 23rd June 2011, 09:26   #602
Team-BHP Support

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Or you can try and opt for reverse sensors. Though i don't like them and don't have then installed on my Civic either.
I tend to agree.

I have them installed on my ANHC but somehow don't/can't "rely" on them. Guess it is just psychological but having turned around and strained my neck for 10 years, I think I'd rather do that rather look into the mirror hoping the lady will give me correct instructions!

Questions like "what if the data shown on the mirror (from the reverse sensors) is not real-time; what if there's a blind spot" etc etc. crop up.

Old habits die hard. Sigh!

The only time I think it will be useful is when it is raining and you can't look out of the window.

Reverse camera makes more sense.
Old 23rd June 2011, 14:22   #603
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Folks,

Could you all please guide me as to what discounts, offers can I expect while buying the following two cars -

1. A-Star Automatic.
Its current website ex-showroom Bombay price is 4.6 lakhs. How much reduction should I aim for?

2. Honda City Automatic
Its current ex-showroom Bombay price is 9.8 lakhs. How much reduction should I aim for?
I am planning to go the the dealership this weekend.

All haggling suggestions welcome.

Cheers
Old 23rd June 2011, 14:41   #604
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
Folks,

Could you all please guide me as to what discounts, offers can I expect while buying the following two cars -

2. Honda City Automatic
Its current ex-showroom Bombay price is 9.8 lakhs. How much reduction should I aim for?
Honda has recently reduced ANHC's prices by 44-66K. I don't think so that you will get any further discount (except for corporate discount). You can insist the dealer to throw in some freebies like body cover, floor mats etcetera. But you cannot expect much.

Last edited by bluevolt : 23rd June 2011 at 14:43.
Old 23rd June 2011, 14:47   #605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Honda has recently reduced ANHC's prices by 44-66K. I don't think so that you will get any further discount (except for corporate discount). You can insist the dealer to throw in some freebies like body cover, floor mats etcetera. But you cannot expect much.
@Bluevolt - With petrol cars out of favor and petrol automatics even more, I am hoping to get a better ANHC deal. I guess will know this weekend whether I do.

Here's what i plan to ask
- Another at least 50k off
- Free insurance
- Loan offer at a reduced rate
- Free extended warranty + free car breakdown service
- Plus what ever freebies I can get as suggested by you

Maybe a long shot but no harm trying

Cheers
Old 23rd June 2011, 14:48   #606
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
Which Michelins exactly? Primacy LCs or XM1s?

And are they coming factory-fitted or are you getting them in exchange for the stock tyres?

Apologies if you've covered this before.

Regards,
spadix
Michelin MXV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukderebail View Post
I got on offer freebies on A Star Sun control film, MGA car cover, Teflon coating and central remote locking, perfume was not given, it saved me i believe more than 10 k if i am not mistaken. Security plates were charged. Tubeless tyre of J K is already fitted as OEM in the car.
Naice.
Quote:
Rubber Mats as mentioned a very handy thing to have.
Rear Parking Sensors are a part of standard equipment list of the V/MT.
Old 23rd June 2011, 14:51   #607
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Bluevolt - With petrol cars out of favor and petrol automatics even more, I am hoping to get a better ANHC deal. I guess will know this weekend whether I do.

- Free insurance

Maybe a long shot but no harm trying

Cheers
There is no harm trying. But I guess it will be very hard to get all these offers. Honda has discontinued extended warranty and road side assistance with price reduction. But yes you can definitely ask some accessories as freebies which I am sure dealer will provide them.
Old 23rd June 2011, 15:21   #608
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
- Free insurance
There's absolutely no harm in trying. I think another 50k off is a *very* long shot but I have a point on that further below.

With some effort you should be able to get 50% insurance off. mdsaab managed that on the Civic and Accord negotiations with a dealer in Pune.

For loan at reduced rate, it's best if you can manage financing on your own. For instance, from a bank where you've held a salaried account for a few years. That's what I did and I beat Honda dealers' offers hollow. (They later matched that, to their credit.)

I would try negotiating for a basket of offers worth about 50k. This could include some needed accessories + cash discounts + stuff like extended warranty and roadside assistance. Don't try to target each thing one by one. That may not help.

Now for some non-obvious stuff -

If you're eligible for corporate discount, *ensure* that the dealer matches the amount given by Honda. They're actually supposed to, but not bound to. So many dealers look to pocket this change.

Another tip - Strictly forbid them from applying "free" Teflon and such-like. This is part of their "handling charges". Handle permanent registration on your own. Get some accessories in the bargain (or get a cash discount).

Since Mumbai has quite a few dealers chances of collusion will be very limited and you could pit them against each other.

Finally, once you've chosen your dealer, look carefully at the final invoice. If you see that all discounts have been adjusted against ex-showroom price, road tax and insurance should drop by proportionate amounts. For instance, if ex-showroom prices goes down by 50k, there'll be road-tax savings of 7.5k (@15%) and insurance savings of 2k (@4%). In your case there would be octroi too I guess. Ensure you get that bit of cash back. This is another area where dealers make a killing.

Regards,
spadix
Old 23rd June 2011, 15:38   #609
BHPian

Awesome Spadix !!! That's real good advice..

Will definitely get all your advice into play.

Now if somebody with recent Maruti buying experience, can advise on the A* automatic, then I am all set for spending some time at dealerships this weekend
Old 23rd June 2011, 21:06   #610
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
With some effort you should be able to get 50% insurance off. mdsaab managed that on the Civic and Accord negotiations with a dealer in Pune.
Small correction ~ the standard offer is 50% insurance free.
I managed to get full insurance free on both Civic and Accord.
ANHC too, but it's going to be tough now with the price slash.
Old 23rd June 2011, 21:22   #611
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I actually find them very useful on our roads where you never know if there's a boulder or a pole or something hidden out of sight of the 3 RVMs, especially in the dark.

The simplest ones - beep only - are more than sufficient. Distance readout is a nice-to-have. The ones with camera integrated can be avoided. No great return on the extra investment other than some snob/geek value.

The V variant will anyway come with factory-fitted beep-type sensors. I don't know if they're standard on the S too after the rooflift.

Regards,
spadix
My bad, though i have the V variant Civic. it's the pre-facelift model so it did not come with reverse sensors factory fitted.

Quote:
Folks,

1. A-Star Automatic.
Its current website ex-showroom Bombay price is 4.6 lakhs. How much reduction should I aim for?

2. Honda City Automatic

All haggling suggestions welcome.

Cheers
Discounts for the ANHC is pretty much filtered in with the price slash. But you should aim for a total of 70K in benefits.
50K by the way of price slash cash discount.
and 20K worth of freebie accesories.

The A-Star
I had visited a Maruti Dealership recently. This is what i got.
33K flat cash discount.
exchange bonus of 17K
some small free accessories like body cover etc very possible.
Waiting period of the A star AT is approx 2 months though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I tend to agree.

I have them installed on my ANHC but somehow don't/can't "rely" on them. Guess it is just psychological but having turned around and strained my neck for 10 years, I think I'd rather do that rather look into the mirror hoping the lady will give me correct instructions!

Questions like "what if the data shown on the mirror (from the reverse sensors) is not real-time; what if there's a blind spot" etc etc. crop up.

Old habits die hard. Sigh!

The only time I think it will be useful is when it is raining and you can't look out of the window.

Reverse camera makes more sense.
I agree with you, but still do not fancy these systems as yet. But hey if it comes factory fitted then you have no choice right!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
My bad, didn't know that it's now standard on the V variant.
browse through the accessory list and see if anything catches your fancy.
But beware though, quite a few tempting things in there.
Old 24th June 2011, 00:05   #612
BHPian

Booked a ritz vdi at chennai, popular. The final on road is 5.91 with 5k dealer cash discount and 4k corporate discount. No accessories given free, not even car cover. Not fully happy, would the deals get better in July? I would cancel my booking in that case.

Last edited by rrahul_2778 : 24th June 2011 at 00:11.
Old 24th June 2011, 00:13   #613
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Quote:
My bad, though i have the V variant Civic. it's the pre-facelift model so it did not come with reverse sensors factory fitted.

I agree with you, but still do not fancy these systems as yet. But hey if it comes factory fitted then you have no choice right!

My bad, didn't know that it's now standard on the V variant.
browse through the accessory list and see if anything catches your fancy.
Reverse parking sensors are NOT a part of the standard equipment of any variant of the ANHC.

:: Honda City ::
Old 24th June 2011, 07:50   #614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrahul_2778 View Post
Booked a ritz vdi at chennai, popular. The final on road is 5.91 with 5k dealer cash discount and 4k corporate discount. No accessories given free, not even car cover. Not fully happy, would the deals get better in July? I would cancel my booking in that case.
July is usually a lean period for car dealers in terms of sales. I think you might manage to get a bit more than what you got now. Or even the talk of cancelling your booking might do the trick too.
Old 24th June 2011, 08:26   #615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrahul_2778
July is indeed a better month to get a sweeter deal. I say this from past experience. Though this time round when bookin our ANHC i was lucky enough in June so went ahead with the booking.

The petrol version if the Ritz has a 25K discount going. While the standard dealer discount of the diesel ritz is at 7K. I feel this can easily be stretched to 10K. Then add your corporate discount. And if you are exchanging your old car with them then add another 12-15K by the way of exchange bonus.

Now what you do is this. Since you have paid the booking amount, you inform the dealership that a rival dealer is offering you a better deal and so you wish to cancel your booking. Now nobody wants to loose business right. So the guy is going to be curious as to what deal you are getting. Be realistic with what you quote them. And dont be surprised when they agree to match it.
Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987

Reverse parking sensors are NOT a part of the standard equipment of any variant of the ANHC.

:: Honda City ::
But i thought our buddy cityvic was buying a civic.
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks