Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2011, 15:02   #571
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I thought they did away with Loyalty bonus. And 40k off for the display car?! That is an innovative way of giving discounts. I never thought a dealer would be so honest to admit it is a display car and give a 40k discount on it!

What are door visors?

Hahaha Yes.

Well Door Visor are also called Rain Visors.You must have noticed the plastin Cladding on top of the side windows.These Visors help when we park the car and leave the windows open till the visor to keep it cool.It also helps during the rains when one wants to open the windows but not want the outside water to splash in.
Old 19th June 2011, 17:33   #572
Team-BHP Support

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Rs 40,000 Off if we buy the Display Car.
I am impressed. That’s a pretty honest dealer. And 40K off for a display car is pretty good IMO
Old 20th June 2011, 09:07   #573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow thats a huge list.
We are getting 50% off on insurance.
Rs 10,000 Loyalty Bonus.
Rs 20,000 Corporate Discount.
Rs 40,000 Off if we buy the Display Car.
Free Door Visors.
Free Paint Protection Aka Teflon.

Will Haggle for more accesories.
Oh yes, forgot to mention that corporate discount is applicable too, provided your company is listed with Honda.
And oops i forgot to mention the Paint protection too.
haggle for full free insurance as this will make the most difference.
Also in the 1-2 other free accessories you can opt for rear parking sensors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
WOAH!

Which sunfilm?

And also which body cover? Pride Honda cheated me by giving some cheap aftermarket body cover and not the original Honda-branded cover for the Civic. Please make sure to check the authenticity of the freebies you receive.

You could get the rubber mats - good for the oncoming monsoon season.

So this will be the third Honda you'll buy, right? The Civic you already have, the ANHC which you are close to booking and now another Civic as well.

Any further discounts for being loyal to Honda?

Regards,
spadix
I will get details of which cover and sunfilm when i meet the SR next.
Rubber mats is a good suggestion and a must.
This time it's not me who is buying. i saw a post by cityvic on the honda city slash price thread asking about Civic. and since i was heading to Honda to pick up Chicca's bootlid and bumper i found out about the Civic deal for cityvic. and posted it here for anyone who may need the info.

BTW Honda City booked, and glad i had done so before the price reduction announcement.

The Honda loyalty discount is actually 10K
but these dealers are able to stretch it to 20K
So HAGGLE HARD!

And now for the Accord best deal

Standard offer ~ 50% Insurance free.

@mdsaab Haggle offer ~ Full insurance free
Body Cover
Sunfilm
Corporate discount if listed with Honda
Paint protection coating
1-2 small accessories

Last edited by mdsaab : 20th June 2011 at 09:21.
Old 20th June 2011, 14:57   #574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
What exactly is this paint protection they are offering? I hope it's not the so-called Teflon. Clear coat would be better.

The OEM rear parking sensors for the Civic are pretty expensive (around 20k). I struggle to understand why, because all they do is beep and there's no integrated camera or distance read-out meter (not that those extras are very useful, as the beeping is more than sufficient).

That's a fairly large sum to be given away for free, unless the dealer fits some non-Honda/non-OEM brand-name sensor kit. They do have some of those too, ranging from 2k through 5/8/12 all the way up to 20k and beyond.

Quote:
BTW Honda City booked, and glad i had done so before the price reduction announcement.
Why is that? Did the landed price turn out to be cheaper? That's exactly what I pointed out in the "City prices slashed" thread complete with a spreadsheet .

Quote:
So HAGGLE HARD!

Body Cover
Some day I'll get some tips from you. I'll be visiting Pune sometime soon. Maybe then .

Regards,
spadix
Old 20th June 2011, 15:44   #575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh yes, forgot to mention that corporate discount is applicable too, provided your company is listed with Honda.

I will get details of which cover and sunfilm when i meet the SR next.
Rubber mats is a good suggestion and a must.
This time it's not me who is buying. i saw a post by cityvic on the honda city slash price thread asking about Civic. and since i was heading to Honda to pick up Chicca's bootlid and bumper i found out about the Civic deal for cityvic. and posted it here for anyone who may need the info.

So HAGGLE HARD!

And now for the Accord best deal

Body Cover
Sunfilm
Corporate discount if listed with Honda
Paint protection coating
1-2 small accessories
Thanks alot Mdsaab,I'll just call up the rep to get me insurance free.Any tips on haggling?They dont seem to bother because i'm 16.
Old 21st June 2011, 00:06   #576
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know if there are any discounts on the Manza Aura ABS (Petrol) in Kottayam? I've got a quote of 6,6L on road, and they have not offered anything.

I haven't gone there personally to bargain (parents, poor at bargaining), but would like to know in advance what figure I can ask for (discount). I can also get the insurance done from a known person, so that should save a couple of grand as well.

Thanks in advance for your replies!
Old 21st June 2011, 01:12   #577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Does anyone know if there are any discounts on the Manza Aura ABS (Petrol) in Kottayam? I've got a quote of 6,6L on road, and they have not offered anything.

I haven't gone there personally to bargain (parents, poor at bargaining), but would like to know in advance what figure I can ask for (discount). I can also get the insurance done from a known person, so that should save a couple of grand as well.

Thanks in advance for your replies!
Please go through this tread. It is likely to help you. Besides other things, it talks about the discounts offered to a potential Manza buyer and also how it was eventually not offered when the person went to buy the car.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...ra-verito.html
Poitive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2011, 09:36   #578
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What exactly is this paint protection they are offering? I hope it's not the so-called Teflon. Clear coat would be better.

Regards,
spadix
What is "clear coat'?? Clear Coat is the paint on top of the base coat, how can you get another clear coat on top!!!
As for "Teflon Coat" - its a complete hogwash and waste of money. Even if offered free all they do is put a glaze paste worth 100 rs or at best 3M Show car paste it wax. That said the process inflicts more damage than benefit as most likely they will inflict buffer swirls due to improper pad and technique. At best- completely avoided and not to be counted as worth anything
Old 21st June 2011, 12:53   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
Skoda Fabia special Edition is being offered at Rs 3.99 Ex showroom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by braveheart_77 View Post
Mr.Beat,can u give more insight on the deal like which model and what are the features they are offering in this particular special edition skoda fabia.
As far as I know, there does not exist any as such Special Edition in Fabia.
All I came across is their Celebration offer for completing 10 years in India. I personally inquired about the offer, initially they offered straight 32K discount (or equal amount of Petrol) ONLY for all Petrol variants but later discontinued suddenly! As of now they offer the same 32K discount only for Classic (entry) variant, and about 10K on Ambient & Elegance variants (Petrol).
Old 21st June 2011, 14:33   #580
Senior - BHPian

In bold

Quote:
Actually as mentioned earlier the paint protection is indeed more of a gimmicky freebie. It will be a Teflon type application if not Teflon coating itself.

The OEM rear parking sensors for the Civic are pretty expensive (around 20k). I struggle to understand why, because all they do is beep and there's no integrated camera or distance read-out meter (not that those extras are very useful, as the beeping is more than sufficient).

That's a fairly large sum to be given away for free, unless the dealer fits some non-Honda/non-OEM brand-name sensor kit. They do have some of those too, ranging from 2k through 5/8/12 all the way up to 20k and beyond.

The ones given for free are the Non Honda sensor kits. they cost around 4K and come with a small screen which reads out the distance as well as beeps. They even have the rear view camera ones which cost around 7-8K

Why is that? Did the landed price turn out to be cheaper? That's exactly what I pointed out in the "City prices slashed" thread complete with a spreadsheet .

You bet the pre-slash offer was indeed sweeter, by around 20K. Plus the added benefit of 4 year warranty vs 2. and 4 year Honda RSA vs. None. So am happy that i paid that booking amount before the price slash.

Some day I'll get some tips from you. I'll be visiting Pune sometime soon. Maybe then .

Sure, would love to catch up on your next visit to Pune.
Regards,
spadix
Quote:
Thanks alot Mdsaab,I'll just call up the rep to get me insurance free.Any tips on haggling?They dont seem to bother because i'm 16.
Age shouldn't be too much of a factor. What you need to do is pit the dealers against each other. What you do is mention to dealer A that dealer B is giving you a better offer and vice versa. Make them work hard for your business. And make it absolutely clear that you are fine with walking away.

You first start with the normal sales rep, and get the best possible deal.
Then you tell him to speak to his senior and get a better deal as you are serious and ready to make a booking. After the deal gets upgraded, you say that you are still not satisfied. So you ask to meet the senior personally. Now this senior chap is going to come down and meet you, explaining that he has already worked out the best deal for you. You act like you are still not happy, and then moments later whip out that cheque book. And then explain how serious you are and have even brought your cheque book to pay the booking amount. Now this really gets the manager going as he knows how serious you really are. so he adds a few things here and there making it the sweetest deal you have ever got.

Once you are satisfied, Fill up the cheque and sign it.

Tip: Ask for the bigger things first and then small accessories like body cover etc can come in at the end. This way you will be more successful in getting all the freebies you desire.
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2011, 16:35   #581
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
What is "clear coat'?? Clear Coat is the paint on top of the base coat, how can you get another clear coat on top!!!
My understanding is that you can get a second layer of clear coat on top of the existing one.

For instance, this FAQ briefly mentions a clear coat with UV restriction that can be applied on top of a pre-existing clear coat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
As for "Teflon Coat" - its a complete hogwash and waste of money. Even if offered free all they do is put a glaze paste worth 100 rs or at best 3M Show car paste it wax. That said the process inflicts more damage than benefit as most likely they will inflict buffer swirls due to improper pad and technique. At best- completely avoided and not to be counted as worth anything
Exactly. "True" Teflon like the ones on cooking pans can never be applied to cars from what I understand. It's just regular car wax/polish that's passed off as "Teflon".

I begged, pleaded, threatened Pride Honda not to put Teflon on my Civic. At one point I even offered them to pocket the full INR 8000 (handling charges) but just to leave the car alone. They were adamant and quoted "standard procedure" and mucked up the car with their so-called "Teflon" coat. On delivery day it just broke me to see so many swirl marks on an otherwise shiny new car. I couldn't do anything as the Form 20 etc. happens before they do their "handling" nonsense :(.

Quote:
What you need to do is pit the dealers against each other. What you do is mention to dealer A that dealer B is giving you a better offer and vice versa. Make them work hard for your business. And make it absolutely clear that you are fine with walking away.

Then you tell him to speak to his senior and get a better deal as you are serious and ready to make a booking. After the deal gets upgraded, you say that you are still not satisfied. So you ask to meet the senior personally. Now this senior chap is going to come down and meet you, explaining that he has already worked out the best deal for you. You act like you are still not happy, and then moments later whip out that cheque book. And then explain how serious you are and have even brought your cheque book to pay the booking amount. Now this really gets the manager going as he knows how serious you really are. so he adds a few things here and there making it the sweetest deal you have ever got.
I followed this process to the 'T' except for the bit in bold. As in, I should've made it clear that I was OK with ditching Honda and going in for a Cruze or something else. I didn't do that, and despite pitting the dealers against each other and delaying the purchase process by 3 months to get the best out of each, I ended up getting nothing more than the standard insurance + corporate discount (from both dealers) :(.

In fact, Pride cheated a bit. They said the corporate discount was 7.5k to Sundaram's 5k. So I went with Pride. Sundaram called me up and requested my permission to allow them to lodge an anti-competitive practices complaint on Pride to Honda SIEL. Before I could say "go ahead", Pride called me saying there was a mistake and that the discount was 5k only. This was after the cheque was given, loan was disbursed, car was booked and Form 20 done! I protested but I was shown an email from Honda HQ that talked about the reduced discount and this email was dated *after* my booking date. I still protested, asking them if they would've let me know if Honda had increased the discount instead. Of course they said "Yes Sir, we would've passed it on to you".

Just what can one do in such cases?

So to prospective car buyers, please ask your salesperson to double/triple/quadruple check the prices before making a quote. In any case, the quote will have legalese like "prices are subject to change between today and date of invoicing" so it's not like they are acting illegally and you can fight them in court, but there is this ethical bit of doing business which dealers tend to ignore.

Regards,
spadix
Old 21st June 2011, 18:13   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpoke View Post
As far as I know, there does not exist any as such Special Edition in Fabia.
All I came across is their Celebration offer for completing 10 years in India. I personally inquired about the offer, initially they offered straight 32K discount (or equal amount of Petrol) ONLY for all Petrol variants but later discontinued suddenly! As of now they offer the same 32K discount only for Classic (entry) variant, and about 10K on Ambient & Elegance variants (Petrol).
I has been to the Millenium Business Park (Navi Mumbai), they had kept a Fabia which they called as a special celebratory edition with a offer price of 3.99 Lakhs Ex showroom for the petrol variant
Old 21st June 2011, 23:29   #583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In bold

Age shouldn't be too much of a factor. What you need to do is pit the dealers against each other. What you do is mention to dealer A that dealer B is giving you a better offer and vice versa. Make them work hard for your business. And make it absolutely clear that you are fine with walking away.

Once you are satisfied, Fill up the cheque and sign it.

Tip: Ask for the bigger things first and then small accessories like body cover etc can come in at the end. This way you will be more successful in getting all the freebies you desire.
Had a talk with the salesman today.Now getting.

Free Insurance
Corporate Discount
Dealer Discount
Door Visors
Interior Chrome Panel
Body Cover
3M Car Detailing.
Old 22nd June 2011, 01:22   #584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Age shouldn't be too much of a factor. What you need to do is pit the dealers against each other.
Quote:
Had a talk with the salesman today.Now getting.

Free Insurance
Corporate Discount
Dealer Discount
Door Visors
Interior Chrome Panel
Body Cover
3M Car Detailing.
Congrats Citivic. You are learning fast at 16 It may be handy in life, whether you get into some business or in a job.

Now shall we have a Tbhp business school of Negotiations,with mdsaab as it's MD (Princi)?

OT : @mdsaab, you seem to have given up on the Optra, it seems. Would be good to hear your thought and decision process on the Optra/Spacious Diesel Sedan thread.

Last edited by Poitive : 22nd June 2011 at 01:23. Reason: Punctuation.
Poitive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2011, 08:21   #585
BHPian

One clarification or doubt is that when we buy a new car Rs 5000/- odd is being charged as incidental charges, does it mean that we have to bribe the RTO for getting a new car registered. Why is it manufacturers and consumers in general don t question this levy or bribe paid by the dealers. I had questioned my dealer on this and got some refund out of the amount charged pertaining to transfer of vehicle ( Rs 2500 ) I believe RTO in Goa has online registration of new vehicles, In Mumbai too the RTO inspector comes to the dealer showroom for registration whereas in Karnataka the vehicle needs to be taken to RTO or the chasis impression, we are not clear. Since Team Bhp stands for the right of vehicle users I feel something needs to be done to question this incidental charges on new vehicle, what do you feel guys ? I don t mind distributing sweets to RTO staff if at all that is a practise Lolz

Moderators In case you all feel a new thread has to be started or this issue is already dealt with please shift the post to appropriate thread. I feel very strongly against paying a bribe for a new car registration, does it mean that we car users are doing something illegal when we buy a new car and that too with hard earned or borrowed money, that we end up bribing for registering a new car and pay sales & lifetime tax too, which is mandatory. I was impressed by the stand of Team Bhp against Skoda protecting the consumers. Similarly this issue of paying incidental charges should be a common concern for all manufacturers and buyers in general

Last edited by ukderebail : 22nd June 2011 at 08:29. Reason: additional info

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks