Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2011, 11:23   #421
Senior - BHPian

re: Chevrolet Spark: Discount increased

The publicized price, if with the 3 year maintenance package, would be a bargain to go in.
Service friendliness is good to my knowledge with Geeyem Motors.
Old 27th March 2011, 11:40   #422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shineshine View Post
With the current discounts, spark has become more value for money. The build quality is better than alto too
i'm really not sure about the build quality , atleast i dont feel when i drive mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
^^ not sure about the build quality. Have they improved it recently? Some time back when i checked it out at a showroom, its build quality reminded me of the santro LS that my dad used to have. Tinny is how i could describe it in one word.
+ 1 to that
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Without the 3Yr package the offer is not worthy and is cheapgimmick.
To liquidate stocks probably.
Phew!! ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by camchennai View Post
In the time when all manufacturers are increasing their car prices, GM is doing other way around. Good customer centric move.

@Anitoj - There is no big built quality issue in Spark as you have mentioned, End of the day you get what you pay for and Spark is worth the money spent.
Maintenance is a big issue.

I'm a highly fed up owner of a Spark and would NEVER advice it to anyone unless your usage is less than 500 kms a month
Old 27th March 2011, 11:57   #423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
I'm a highly fed up owner of a Spark and would NEVER advice it to anyone unless your usage is less than 500 kms a month
Could you explain in a bit more detail please? What are the problem causing areas?

Spike
Old 27th March 2011, 12:03   #424
Senior - BHPian

I quite like the spark. Its quite a spacious car i believe, and i think would have more usable space than the alto. And since the lt version will be better equipped than the alto vxi it makes more sense to spend the few extra thousand. Also cant you pay 14k and buy the 3 year service plan?
Old 27th March 2011, 12:41   #425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Could you explain in a bit more detail please? What are the problem causing areas?

Spike
Have been discussing this for a while now. Here are 2 threads around it

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchb...-spark-20.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...rs-report.html

The crux is the poor service/ Expensive spare parts/lack of durability.
Old 27th March 2011, 14:14   #426
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Spark: Discount increased

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
I quite like the spark. Its quite a spacious car i believe, and i think would have more usable space than the alto. And since the lt version will be better equipped than the alto vxi it makes more sense to spend the few extra thousand. Also cant you pay 14k and buy the 3 year service plan?
I beg to differ. Being 6'2", I found Alto to be better spacious than the Spark. Agreed that its zippy, fun to drive etc, for space, I prefer alto. And how about mileage? K10 should give a better mileage than spark and should be equally FTD, if not better! Add to it, cheap spares and numerous service centres, K10 should be a better deal!
Old 27th March 2011, 14:32   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I beg to differ. Being 6'2", I found Alto to be better spacious than the Spark. Agreed that its zippy, fun to drive etc, for space, I prefer alto. And how about mileage? K10 should give a better mileage than spark and should be equally FTD, if not better! Add to it, cheap spares and numerous service centres, K10 should be a better deal!
Surprisingly I too find once in the Alto is more comfortable, maybe becasue the front seats can be pushed back a little more, not sure, but yes, once in the Alto definitely feels more comfortable than the Spark.
Old 27th March 2011, 14:38   #428
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Really, cause i sat in a spark and alto recently. and i definately was more comfy in the spark.

Engine wise, yes the k10 is a fantastic engine, with good reliability and is quite rev happy too. Not to mention the outstanding mileage one could extract from it. And what to say about Maruti's legendary service, their loyalty to their customers is unquestioned. also to put it in one word "Terrific"

When we come to spare parts though, with the chevy 3 year package, i think it sorts of tilts in in favour of the spark. not exactly sure of the nitty gritty's of the package but if it covers all consumables too, then i think it's outstanding vfm.

Also i think the spark has that special something which appeals to Women, and since the OP was looking for a car for his wife. I think if he went with the spark it would be a sensible choice.
Old 27th March 2011, 15:52   #429
BHPian

discount for Fiat Linea Multijet

i have been offered 75k discount and free insurance, extended warranty and RSA on 2010 manufactured linea diesel active...................
Should i go for it.. Checked the car at dealers yard and seemed good.
Old 27th March 2011, 17:25   #430
Senior - BHPian

Re: discount for Fiat Linea Multijet

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant kar View Post
i have been offered 75k discount and free insurance, extended warranty and RSA on 2010 manufactured linea diesel active...................
Should i go for it.. Checked the car at dealers yard and seemed good.
I think its quite a good deal. Did they let you test drive the car in the stockyard? But this is the time. Tell them you are ready to seal the deal before the 31st of March. These last few magical days of the financial year are great for us car buyers. You might be able to squeeze some more out of them
Old 27th March 2011, 20:29   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
I Also cant you pay 14k and buy the 3 year service plan?

Does it make sense to pay 13K and then get the 3 Yrs service deal. My running on spark will be less than 500 Kms/ month. So the service will be as per the 6 month schedule.

which means I will have 6 oil change service in the first 3 Yrs. Does it make sense to pay 13K for these 6 services. SPark anyway is covered in the 3 Yrs warranty
Old 28th March 2011, 11:41   #432
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

If you look at it from only an oil change perspective then probably not.
But then there are things like fuel filters, air filters etc. Which need to be changed or serviced. But one thing is that i am not exactly sure what gm offers in their service package. If these as well as other problem parts will be serviced or replaced under the service package then i would say pay the 13k and smile. You would not have to worry about a single thing for 3 years. A small price to pay for some peace of mind.
Make sure you get full details of the service plan and all that is included before you opt for it.
Old 28th March 2011, 12:29   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvgeorge View Post
Does it make sense to pay 13K and then get the 3 Yrs service deal.
Chevrolet claims that the maximum maintenance cost for Spark for three years would be about 16K.

Chevrolet commitments & promises on different carlines
Old 28th March 2011, 23:49   #434
BHPian

Guys, dont want to be a stickler here, but perhaps the discussion on the Spark should be moved to the appropriate/new thread. This discussion is deviating far off from what this thread is intended for.
Old 1st April 2011, 19:59   #435
e46
BHPian

ok Bangy folks!
Its a fresh new FY. Anyone one aware about current offers/ discounts being offered by Maruti & Hyundai.

After a long time, its finally time for me to get a small car/ hatch within 4 lacs for primarily city driving. have zeroed onto Hyndai Santro Xing GL-PLlus & Alto K10/ Zen Estilo.

Responses would be appreciated.

Abhishek

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks