Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2010, 14:30   #331
BHPian

Hi Guys, which is the best dealer for Maruti in Del/NCR ?

I am planning to buy an A-Star automatic but the dealers in gurgaon are refusing to budge one step from the manufacturer offer.

I expect a higher cash discount + loads of freebies on the A-Star , being a slow-selling car...but no luck till now.

The car WILL depreciate like stink so upfront discounts and freebies will do much to alleviate the pain.
Old 6th October 2010, 14:55   #332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post

I am planning to buy an A-Star automatic but the dealers in gurgaon are refusing to budge one step from the manufacturer offer.

I expect a higher cash discount + loads of freebies on the A-Star , being a slow-selling car...but no luck till now.

The car WILL depreciate like stink so upfront discounts and freebies will do much to alleviate the pain.
There are nearly twenty MUL showrooms in Delhi. Get the list from the MUL site and ring then all up. Some one will give you a good deal. One particular dealer in Okhla - DD Motors who had opened a new showroom in August, had all sorts of deals. Try him out.
Old 6th October 2010, 15:51   #333
BANNED

Incidental/Registration charges justified?

Hi Folks

I am trying to book a new Gypsy as posted here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-m...-expect-2.html

I had objected to 5000/- registration charges and this is what he came back with an explanation of - "Registration fee, PDI charges, number plate, Petrol at time of delivery". Is this justified? I am insisting that I will only pay on RTO receipt actual's (INR 425/-) in my reply to them.

I tried searching about PDI charges on the forum but found nothing conclusive. Going by many posts, most dealers appear to include it as a routine charge in the quotation but I could not locate a post where a dealer had indicated PDI and petrol charges specifically asa break-up of the Incidental/Registration charges.

The quote also mentions a penalty of 1000/- if booking is canceled. Is this fair?

Thanks
Old 6th October 2010, 17:46   #334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Hi Folks

I am trying to book a new Gypsy as posted here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-m...-expect-2.html

I had objected to 5000/- registration charges and this is what he came back with an explanation of - "Registration fee, PDI charges, number plate, Petrol at time of delivery". Is this justified? I am insisting that I will only pay on RTO receipt actual's (INR 425/-) in my reply to them.

I tried searching about PDI charges on the forum but found nothing conclusive. Going by many posts, most dealers appear to include it as a routine charge in the quotation but I could not locate a post where a dealer had indicated PDI and petrol charges specifically asa break-up of the Incidental/Registration charges.

The quote also mentions a penalty of 1000/- if booking is canceled. Is this fair?

Thanks
Ha Ha Ha,

If you investigate, you will find that you are billed for every "service". When I bought M800 in 1991, MUL was more honest and the bill had all items - transport to dealer, petrol, PDI, tool kit, even "free service" and so on. With the K10 they have just ex-showroom price, number plate, logistics, registration, road tax, parking tax, insurance. You can try, but I think you will have to pay up.

Keep in mind that Gypsy is sold to order, so you may be penalised if you cancel the booking. I know for certain that Porche, takes a hefty amount (about 25% to 100%) as advance, and you loose it if you cancel the booking.

Last edited by Aroy : 6th October 2010 at 17:49.
Old 6th October 2010, 18:26   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post

I was offered a cash discount of Rs. 30,000 flat on the A-star in september 1st week here in siliguri (we have 2 maruti dealers here in our town). Though i was looking at a manual. So i cannot say for sure what offer they would give for an automatic since it was only recently launched.
Old 6th October 2010, 21:48   #336
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Ha Ha Ha,

If you investigate, you will find that you are billed for every "service". When I bought M800 in 1991, MUL was more honest and the bill had all items - transport to dealer, petrol, PDI, tool kit, even "free service" and so on. With the K10 they have just ex-showroom price, number plate, logistics, registration, road tax, parking tax, insurance. You can try, but I think you will have to pay up.

Keep in mind that Gypsy is sold to order, so you may be penalised if you cancel the booking. I know for certain that Porche, takes a hefty amount (about 25% to 100%) as advance, and you loose it if you cancel the booking.
Thanks. do you recall if the PDI charges were part of the ex-showroom price earlier?

--RG
Old 6th October 2010, 22:31   #337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. do you recall if the PDI charges were part of the ex-showroom price earlier?

--RG
Those days MUL quoted a consolidated price, all inclusive. You paid up and waited till your turn came. As I had booked in Foreign Exchange, I got it in 15 days, normal was 3 to 6 months!

It was only when I went through the invoice that I got the details - there was the ex-factory price some thing like 50K and rest of 1.2L price was taxes and other items, two pages of them. If I find the papers, I will scan and post them here.
Old 8th October 2010, 16:59   #338

Dilema - Fiat Punto Emotion or E+ and others

Attention (Help) Requested
All Fiat Punto Owners
I have a confusion that I can't get my head around, so I thought I'd put up a query to the smart and helpful team of team bhp and take the burden off my shoulders a bit. (actually speaking get some genuine advice)

Firstly, I have followed most suggestions on this site and managed to get a decent deal on the loan for my car and I'm ready for the PDI etc etc. That's some super stuff out there. I know most of it is old..but I'm a newbie relatively.

The Car that I have finalised is the Fiat Punto 1.4 which I will "exchange" for my Fiat Palio (2002) 1.2 Sport.

Questions -
1) Should I go confirm on the 1.4 Emotion or E+ (there is a diff of 6 features totally) ? 3 are safety (air bags, tyre size, seat belts) and 3 comfort (Leather wrapped steering wheel and gear knob, Steering mounted controls, Blue & Me). I had a 6L max budget for a new car.

2) In case I confirm the Emotion - Should I go in for a tyre and wheel upgrade immediately ? R14 to R15 (the one they give on E+) ?

3) Have they discontinued to the electric blue colour ? I've checked in Pandit Auto Pune and have been told it's been discontinued it doesn't feature on the brochure and website ? Can anyone confirm this ?

4) My Palio is a GJ registration and I am based in Pune (it was sort of a hand me down from a relative) - the dealer has agreed to trade the car provided I can get the NOC (which is a work in progress and I should have it in a week) - Is this trade with the dealer more sensible in terms of valuation of the car or should I sell it outside fiat ? I would want to avoid the headache of the documentation / transfer from GJ to MH registration - Do you guys think dealers will under value the palio ? I'd give the car condition a 3.5 - 3.75 out 5. (5 being excellent)

The dealer is giving the insurance, service and warranty free, in addition a corporate discount of 10k and 30k exchange bonus + whatever they value the Palio.

Help Requested (Urgent) Good Deals round the corner - Diwali and Dushera Time

Mods - I apologize if this thread is misplaced, feel free to place wherever applicable.

Thanks All

Last edited by Jaggu : 8th October 2010 at 19:05. Reason: Please use Search before opening a new thread, Thanks
Old 9th October 2010, 09:32   #339
superveloce

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrish21 View Post
Attention (Help) Requested
All Fiat Punto Owners
I have a confusion that I can't get my head around, so I thought I'd put up a query to the smart and helpful team of team bhp and take the burden off my shoulders a bit. (actually speaking get some genuine advice)

Firstly, I have followed most suggestions on this site and managed to get a decent deal on the loan for my car and I'm ready for the PDI etc etc. That's some super stuff out there. I know most of it is old..but I'm a newbie relatively.

The Car that I have finalised is the Fiat Punto 1.4 which I will "exchange" for my Fiat Palio (2002) 1.2 Sport.

Questions -
1) Should I go confirm on the 1.4 Emotion or E+ (there is a diff of 6 features totally) ? 3 are safety (air bags, tyre size, seat belts) and 3 comfort (Leather wrapped steering wheel and gear knob, Steering mounted controls, Blue & Me). I had a 6L max budget for a new car.

2) In case I confirm the Emotion - Should I go in for a tyre and wheel upgrade immediately ? R14 to R15 (the one they give on E+) ?

3) Have they discontinued to the electric blue colour ? I've checked in Pandit Auto Pune and have been told it's been discontinued it doesn't feature on the brochure and website ? Can anyone confirm this ?

4) My Palio is a GJ registration and I am based in Pune (it was sort of a hand me down from a relative) - the dealer has agreed to trade the car provided I can get the NOC (which is a work in progress and I should have it in a week) - Is this trade with the dealer more sensible in terms of valuation of the car or should I sell it outside fiat ? I would want to avoid the headache of the documentation / transfer from GJ to MH registration - Do you guys think dealers will under value the palio ? I'd give the car condition a 3.5 - 3.75 out
5. (5 being excellent)

The dealer is giving the insurance, service and warranty free, in addition a corporate discount of 10k and 30k exchange bonus + whatever they value the Palio.

Help Requested (Urgent) Good Deals round the corner - Diwali and Dushera Time

Mods - I apologize if this thread is misplaced, feel free to place wherever applicable.

Thanks All
I would say go for the emotion pack, and also the upsize to R15 is not a good idea, because the emotion variant does come loaded with the "My Car" feature, which throws you the mileage and dte figures. But the instrument cluster comes configured for the tire size of emotion which is 175/x/R14, if you change to 195/60/R15 all your calculations will become absurd and the feature redundant.

Old 9th October 2010, 10:38   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrish21 View Post
Yes, it is discontinued quite some time back.
Old 9th October 2010, 14:20   #341
BHPian

Quote:

--RG
Why should we pay for PDI and Logistic charges?

Does any business establishment give goods without inspecting them?

As customers, we are entitled to get a product that is defect-free.

And Logistics, what do they mean by that?

The transport cost is included in the cost of the car.

And they charge you for temporary registration when the car is directly registered with the RTO, without the need for temp. Reg. when the vehicle is delivered after Permanent registration.

Unless you plan on getting the car registered yourself sometime after delivery, they cannot charge you.

And temporary Reg. charges are around Rs.850 (In Karnataka) for a car.
Around 1250-1500 would be the max that we might have to pay.

My advice to T-bhpians, do not pay for these things as the showroom people are trying to rip you off in the name of these so-called charges.

If you check the pricing in smaller cities, you will know that these charges are not present.

Ex-Showroom price is the only thing that they can charge you. All other charges are optional.

Last edited by KA18 : 9th October 2010 at 14:23.
Old 9th October 2010, 20:39   #342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA18 View Post
Why should we pay for PDI and Logistic charges?

Does any business establishment give goods without inspecting them?

As customers, we are entitled to get a product that is defect-free.

And Logistics, what do they mean by that?

The transport cost is included in the cost of the car.

And they charge you for temporary registration when the car is directly registered with the RTO, without the need for temp. Reg. when the vehicle is delivered after Permanent registration.

Unless you plan on getting the car registered yourself sometime after delivery, they cannot charge you.

And temporary Reg. charges are around Rs.850 (In Karnataka) for a car.
Around 1250-1500 would be the max that we might have to pay.

My advice to T-bhpians, do not pay for these things as the showroom people are trying to rip you off in the name of these so-called charges.

If you check the pricing in smaller cities, you will know that these charges are not present.

Ex-Showroom price is the only thing that they can charge you. All other charges are optional.
There is no free lunch in this world. You pay for every thing, including free holidays for the CEO! On a serious vein, I think that they bill the services separately to reduce the cascading taxes you may have to pay otherwise (Excise, Sales etc)
Old 10th October 2010, 22:31   #343
BHPian

M&M is updating the price again:(

Folks,
When I checked the M&M Scorpio site today, the price page is under updation. Looks like they are going to increase price again. Anyone aware of this?
Scorpio_Fan
Old 17th October 2010, 20:17   #344
BANNED

Car Offers -Diwali -year end offer

Planning to buy a car and I would like to know the offers from various companies before buying. If anyone has information on any discount schemes and is willing to share , that would be greatly appreciated .
Btwn. I am looking for offers in TN , but offers from other states might also be useful for others on the forum .
Old 17th October 2010, 20:26   #345
BHPian

@greatmana2000 - Count me in, i'm in the same boat too, but i am more onto the year end discounts as they are usually more than diwali discounts. Plus i am also looking forward to the rumoured launches from Ford, Maruti & Toyota.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks