Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2010, 13:50   #226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax View Post
Can you pls provide the price break-up ? LX is without the side cladding right ? Is there a warranty on the car ?
max check this linky here : ::::: MAHINDRA SCORPIO ::::: for pricing details. However here is what I saw

The LX BS-4 sells at 7,61,600/- in chennai and then add the rest of the bells and whistles(road tax/insurance/processing fees) to this amount.
Simply walk into a showroom and get the price breakup from the dealer.

Regarding the LX, yes you are right they are the bare one's without the side cladding's. The Scorp' comes with a standard warranty of 2 years methinks.
Old 28th July 2010, 23:42   #227
BHPian

hey guys, i need some help from you ppl to help my dad make a right decision.

He is looking to buy a diesel & currently using a palio & baleno (me & my dad exchange cars often). He is always chauffeur driven and does a LOT of kms in city itself. the following are the options he has to choose from
  • Ford Figo TDCI, test driven, but he didnt like the space & rear seat, he is close to 6 feet tall & regular built.
  • Logan & Manza made him grin happily, but out of budget for sure ! This diesel will be an alternate vehicle, we ll keep the baleno & sell the palio 1.2. So, we ll use the baleno when we need the boot & diesel daily for economy & practicality.
  • The recent offer of Palio made to order for 4.25lakhs on road, HYD, was good, but the dealer (Autofin) is not encouraging, telling us finding body spares & other minor components will be very very painful 3 yrs down the line. My dad hates to wait while the car is in service, so this option is more or less out
  • The dealer (Autofin) suggested a 2009 punto MJD, for 4.5L On Road Approx. This is NEW & not used, The color Dark Blue didnt sell in 2009 and the dealer has 5 such unsold vehicles left, which he is ready to give off at a discount.
  • other than the Punto, we have indica Vista QJet, coming for around 5.15L, new 2010 model.
So, which one do you suggest ? We didnt want to risk it with VW polo for availability & affordability of spares. Budget is around 5-5.5L, which is very tight for a diesel.

The 09 punto is a basic version and i guess it is BS3, with no stereo player as well. Not sure abt the player, but it is a basic 2009 version for 4.5L. I feel punto is more VFM than Vista. Resale might be better as well. Which one will you consider ?

any help is appreciated guys
Old 28th July 2010, 23:50   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kri$hna View Post
hey guys, i need some help from you ppl to help my dad make a right decision.

He is looking to buy a diesel & currently using a palio & baleno (me & my dad exchange cars often). He is always chauffeur driven and does a LOT of kms in city itself. the following are the options he has to choose from
  • Ford Figo TDCI, test driven, but he didnt like the space & rear seat, he is close to 6 feet tall & regular built.
  • Logan & Manza made him grin happily, but out of budget for sure ! This diesel will be an alternate vehicle, we ll keep the baleno & sell the palio 1.2. So, we ll use the baleno when we need the boot & diesel daily for economy & practicality.
  • The recent offer of Palio made to order for 4.25lakhs on road, HYD, was good, but the dealer (Autofin) is not encouraging, telling us finding body spares & other minor components will be very very painful 3 yrs down the line. My dad hates to wait while the car is in service, so this option is more or less out
  • The dealer (Autofin) suggested a 2009 punto MJD, for 4.5L On Road Approx. This is NEW & not used, The color Dark Blue didnt sell in 2009 and the dealer has 5 such unsold vehicles left, which he is ready to give off at a discount.
  • other than the Punto, we have indica Vista QJet, coming for around 5.15L, new 2010 model.
So, which one do you suggest ? We didnt want to risk it with VW polo for availability & affordability of spares. Budget is around 5-5.5L, which is very tight for a diesel.

The 09 punto is a basic version and i guess it is BS3, with no stereo player as well. Not sure abt the player, but it is a basic 2009 version for 4.5L. I feel punto is more VFM than Vista. Resale might be better as well. Which one will you consider ?

any help is appreciated guys
Rs 4.5L on-road is not such a bad deal. The Ex-Bangy price of the Active BS4 itself is Rs 5lakh +. We are planning to buy a car too. Do they have 1.4 petrol in old stock?
Back to the topic, the Ex-Bangy price of the Figo EXi is Rs4.8 lakh, and the price of Logan DLE is Rs 5.5L. Try and push for at least 20-30k discount on the Logan, and the difference between Figo and Logan will be just 40k!
(you might get exchange bonus) What do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Regarding the LX, yes you are right they are the bare one's without the side cladding's. The Scorp' comes with a standard warranty of 2 years methinks.
anjan_c2007 has an LX. He fitted side claddings for Rs 40k if I ain't wrong.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...corpio-lx.html

Last edited by Arkin evoisrevo : 28th July 2010 at 23:54.
Old 29th July 2010, 09:54   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
Rs 4.5L on-road is not such a bad deal. The Ex-Bangy price of the Active BS4 itself is Rs 5lakh +. We are planning to buy a car too. Do they have 1.4 petrol in old stock?
Back to the topic, the Ex-Bangy price of the Figo EXi is Rs4.8 lakh, and the price of Logan DLE is Rs 5.5L. Try and push for at least 20-30k discount on the Logan, and the difference between Figo and Logan will be just 40k!
(you might get exchange bonus) What do you think?
well, i dont know if it will be available in bangy, because its a dealer offer & not TATA, you might want to check with concorde if they have any such old stock left. Figo is out of our mind basically for space issue & legroom!

Logan DLE in my opinion is too much a bare bone car !! so it is kind of a put off, and mahindra isnt offering any discount on logans. a 7k discount is what they are offering. On the other hand, FIat has 4 yr warranty & insurance free for the first year.
Old 29th July 2010, 10:07   #230
BHPian

Yes. The punto seems like a good optiom, considering that there are no discounts on the logan. Btw, are you looking at the indigo e cs? Its as good an option as the punto if one ignores it's defects, which have been reduced with the e cs.
Old 29th July 2010, 10:50   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. The punto seems like a good optiom, considering that there are no discounts on the logan. Btw, are you looking at the indigo e cs? Its as good an option as the punto if one ignores it's defects, which have been reduced with the e cs.
Indigo eCS comes with a dicor engine i guess, not MJD for sure, and it has the same old bland interiors & not so responsive engine, might not be as reliable as a punto i believe ! My dad's monthly running will be any where around 3000 kms for sure, at which rate, the engine will age pretty fast.

Do you think Indigo eCS is a good option ?
Old 29th July 2010, 14:13   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Indigo eCS comes with a dicor engine i guess, not MJD for sure, and it has the same old bland interiors & not so responsive engine, might not be as reliable as a punto i believe ! My dad's monthly running will be any where around 3000 kms for sure, at which rate, the engine will age pretty fast.

Do you think Indigo eCS is a good option ?
Why of course! I was going to mention the pluses and minuses etc., but then we will be going. I suggest you create a separate topic/thread.
If not, I'll PM you my views.
Old 29th July 2010, 19:29   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Why of course! I was going to mention the pluses and minuses etc., but then we will be going. I suggest you create a separate topic/thread.
If not, I'll PM you my views.
I guess it is decided.. My dad has given up anything else, after sitting in the Manza rear seat!

He came out of the punto, called me and said "How come Manza feels bigger than its size & punto feels smaller than its size ?"

and luckily dealer had a 09 Manza with him, only 1 left, which my dad is getting cheaper than the Punto Dynamic 2010 version ! So he is gng for it
Old 29th July 2010, 19:47   #234
BHPian

Krishna, mind sharing the cost of 09 Manza? and which trim are you getting?
Old 29th July 2010, 19:48   #235
BHPian

Quote:
I guess it is decided.. My dad has given up anything else, after sitting in the Manza rear seat!

He came out of the punto, called me and said "How come Manza feels bigger than its size & punto feels smaller than its size ?"

and luckily dealer had a 09 Manza with him, only 1 left, which my dad is getting cheaper than the Punto Dynamic 2010 version ! So he is gng for it
That's great. Please mention details about - Trim Level, Price, Discounts, Offers & Deals.
Old 29th July 2010, 20:05   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Krishna, mind sharing the cost of 09 Manza? and which trim are you getting?
Quote:
That's great. Please mention details about - Trim Level, Price, Discounts, Offers & Deals.
Trim Level: Aura ABS version
Price: 6,65,000/- (on road, everything included)
Discounts: Depreciation deducted (1yr older model), insurance free + discount on exshowroom price .. Sorry, exact details not yet known (my dad didnt calculate all that yet)
Offers& Deals : Getting fully body Cover, Teflon Coat, Underbody treatment (doubtful), Floor Mats & perfume

The vehicle is kept in the top floor of Autofin, i guess it didnt run around much (need to confirm in the PDI). My dad is not much into cars, so he didnt check anything except the price & loan !!

For our 8 year old palio 1.2, the valuation done is at 75000 + 10k exchange bonus. We ll be taking delivery on Saturday, July 31st, and I m going to hyd tomorrow, just to take delivery
Old 29th July 2010, 20:30   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Trim Level: Aura ABS version
Price: 6,65,000/- (on road, everything included)
Discounts: Depreciation deducted (1yr older model), insurance free + discount on exshowroom price .. Sorry, exact details not yet known (my dad didnt calculate all that yet)
Offers& Deals : Getting fully body Cover, Teflon Coat, Underbody treatment (doubtful), Floor Mats & perfume

The vehicle is kept in the top floor of Autofin, i guess it didnt run around much (need to confirm in the PDI). My dad is not much into cars, so he didnt check anything except the price & loan !!

For our 8 year old palio 1.2, the valuation done is at 75000 + 10k exchange bonus. We ll be taking delivery on Saturday, July 31st, and I m going to hyd tomorrow, just to take delivery
Not such a bad deal. I heard from Auto Experts that underbody rust treatment is not necessary in new cars, nor modern cars like hthe Manza.
Just Rs 75000 for a 2002 palio? That's just too less. God damn Fiat's DHAMAKA offer. See that you / your dad does a good PDI.
Old 29th July 2010, 20:43   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Not such a bad deal. I heard from Auto Experts that underbody rust treatment is not necessary in new cars, nor modern cars like hthe Manza.
Just Rs 75000 for a 2002 palio? That's just too less. God damn Fiat's DHAMAKA offer. See that you / your dad does a good PDI.
yea, could have got better deal for our fiat, but Dad is not in a mood to wait and sell ! He needs a new vehicle quick & as quick as it can get.

Putting the palio deal apart, i feel the manza deal is ok, depreciation is not what we are bothered, because at my dad's running, within 3 years we are sure to do a lakh kms & at that rate, depreciation hardly matters !
Old 29th July 2010, 23:01   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Thank you all for responding. Now can someone clarify if the rear discs indeed do exist?
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicselva View Post
I have booked 1.4 CRDi Sportz and the dealer confirmed that it comes with disc on all wheels.
With your comments, i am worried

ONLY the 2010 models have discs of four wheels! that too the ABS ones !
Old 30th July 2010, 15:28   #240
BHPian

Not sure if this is the right place to put this up. I booked a Punto 1.4 Emotion pk. Discounts were 10 K cash discount, 6 K corporate discount, 21K insurance, 5K extended waranty, 3 K road side assitance. Plus mud flaps and mats. I have taken a 3 lac loan. I have made a booking amount payment of 1 lac. When is the right time to make the remaining down payment? The dealer called me up and provided the chasis number to me. I have insisted that i would make an inspection before registration. So once the vehicle arrives he will give me a call. Is there anything I should watch out for?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks