Need some help/support/advice to finalize the deal for my Safari. Here are the details: Part I Background:
The brief was to get a car with the following features:
- A mile muncher, comfortable for looooong highway drives.
- Go any where capability, gives the opportunity to go out and explore a little more while you are on the road.
- Lots of space.
- Stylish, with a personality.
- Priced in the range of 12-13 lakh rupees.
The three options that i landed with were the Scorpio or Innova or Safari.
A quick look at the priorities and the Toyota was out and i was stuck with the grand old dilemma of choosing between the Mahindra or the Tata. Not getting into a comparison between the two cars here, but post my extensive research, (a lot of it on t-BHP) online, anecdotal, TDs, magazines decided on the Tata Safari GX 4x4 in pearl white. There were several factors in choosing the car, and i believe that the safari fits the bill better for me.
Now then, decision taken on the car and the variant GX
(ABS and EBD being important for us) it was important to decide on the color and the version 4x4 or 4x2. And this was not easy at all. Color
- I was more keen on the black (single tone), but wife liked pearl white (pw), thankfully GX has quarts black only in two tone and thats where the decision got taken. I also wrote to the TML helpline as mentioned on the safari website and got some prompt and clear response from the guys. 4X4
- The utility was never in question, even if i am not a serious off roader, thee feature will help me sometime or the other, and if i buy a 4x4 i get the option of becoming a serious off roader. The only hindrance was the added lakh or so. Finally convinced myself with the logic that 'it would only add a little bit to the EMI and that is something i can live with..' Part II Shopping Around, Dealer Visits, Finance,Valuation for current car.
Have taken the shopping around advice on the forum a little too seriously I guess, so far have been to three dealers in Mumbai(and one in B'lore too while on a short visit), and here is the lowdown on what has happened so far:
Part III Summary Fortune
- Fortune Cars Powai- Called them for a TD in Jan, they were the closest to my house in Andheri E then, it was on a Sat afternoon and on a whim. They were glad to send the car, which duly arrived in about an hour's time. It was an EX 4x2 in q-black. Drove around for a good 35-40 mins, on the WEH and internal Andheri roads. After the TD they followed up with me for a couple of weeks, and checked with me on when would i be booking the car. My plan was to buy only end of April, so i did not commit and they stopped calling. I went to them on Wed and told them that i will buy the car end of April, what is the deal that they can offer me, and they said no discounts available, only accessories (mud flaps, mats, perfumes etc). Loan (if i take from them, will be through Axis at 9% reducing, for 85%. They have been rigid with the fact that they will not give me any discounts and that their service is the best, and have not called me back so far. Valuation for my Accent 95k
- Bharati, WEH Jogeshwari - This is a new TATA-Fiat showroom which opened in end of Jan, and is less than 2 kms away from my house, and its a Sales, Service, Spares facility. I went to them in mid March, and saw a pw EX in the showroom, the guy followed up with me on and off. I went to them on Wed (after Fortune) and told them that i will buy the car around end April and so whats the deal that they can give me. After much ado the sales guy said 5 + 5 k dealer and corp discount, and free accessories. No other offer or discount. And immediately after this started nagging me with when am i booking the car (quite upsetting). The vibes i get from the guy are weird, also when i went to Bharati for the first time i saw few GM cars around (accidental, for service, resale) i was surprised then realized that Bharati is also a GM dealer. Its only when i read about them and the Captiva case on tbhp did i get the full pic. So i am quite skeptical about them, the only benefit is that they are a stones throw away from my place, and servicing will be very easy. Also he the sales guy says that i should get my own finance from SBI*,which will be better than what he has to offer through ICICI & HDFC @ 11%. Valuation for my Accent 100K
- Concorde Prabhadevi - I went to them last Sunday, and they have by far the biggest showroom and facilities of all the dealers (there is a second Concorde in Malad too). The sales guy said that they have no discounts as well, and he will give me the usual, Mats+ mudflaps. I told him that i will buy the car from fortune in that case, he then said that if i can tell him whatever discount any other dealer is offering he will match that. The Tata Motor finance deal also looks good, with 9% reducing and 85-90% finance option. Moreover they look and sound the most reliable. I called him once over the week to mail me the details which he did. He hasn't followed up even once. Have attached the quotation. Valuation for my Accent 90K.
- No discount, so-so feeling, valuation of accent 95K, Axis finance Bharati
- Closest, 10K discount, bad feeling, bad repute, valuation of accent 1L, SBI/self finance Concorde
- No discount, good feeling, valuation of accent 90k, TMF finance Part IV Questions/ help /support:
- What should i do now, sit tight and wait for this week for them to call me, or should i call them and talk.
- Finance- I checked with SBI (i have a SBA with them), they will also give me a 85% finance at 8% for the first year and 10% for the subsequent years. Is this better than TMF (i like TMF better).
- I personally am in the favor of Concorde (I can also shift to the Malad Branch), how do i get some more disc from them.
- If anyone is getting better deal or is aware of any company deals on the car pls let me know.