Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2010, 07:54   #151
BHPian

Anyone bought a Safari GX recently? What deal did you get?
Old 15th March 2010, 20:15   #152
Senior - BHPian

chevrolet has discontinued the aveo 1.6 petrol LT.
models now available are 1.4 LS, 1.4 LT and 1.4 LT Abs.
Old 19th March 2010, 15:27   #153
BHPian

Ritz ZXI::Delhi::Advice on deal offered

Hi all,

Have recently booked a Ritz ZXI with following deal:
Ex showroom : 489262/-
Insurance : 14147 /-
MCD Parking : 4000/-
Handling Charges : 3500 /-
Registration + Road Tax + Smart Card + Plates : 20340 /-

Ritz petrol is coming with a cash discount of 10,000/- and they are providing first year insurance free of cost (so another 14147 /- off) and third year warranty is also being provided by company (another 2395 /- off). Newspapers were advertising savings up to 35,000/-, and on checking with the dealer, they mentioned that apart from 10K cash, insurance and third year extended warranty the remaining is towards exchange bonus.

As freebies I am getting the following: mud flaps, floor mats, steering wheel cover, car cover, car perfume and idol. There is no corporate discount available .

Other dealers in the area were not willing to offer anything as a freebie so this seemed like the best available option.

The dealer has agreed to provide door beadings and front / rear bumper guards for 1650/- against MRP of 2350/-

Total car is costing me 507102 /-.

Expected delivery date is Sunday 21st March.

Please advice if the above sounds like a good deal (not that much can be done since I have already booked it) or could there be some more room for negotiation during final payment (discounts / freebies). Anyone has got a better deal on Ritz ZXI in March, please share, I could use that as a bargaining chip during final payment.

Also, let me take this opportunity to thank everyone on the forum, especially folks in the hatchback section, who helped me take a final decision on Ritz. This community rocks
Old 22nd March 2010, 21:27   #154
BHPian

Honda Jazz Select in Bangalore

Checked with Dakshin Honda, Magnum Honda, Whitefield Honda.
None of them have the Honda Jazz select available.

Honda Jazz Select is the limited edition.
Jazz + alloy wheels, rear parcel tray + mud flaps.

So based on the pricing, Dakshin Honda, Magnum Honda are ready to give alloy wheels, mudflaps, parcel tray (Dakshin Honda doesn't have this yet).

The package I've negotiated with Dakshin Honda:
Jazz + alloys, Michelin Energy XM1 tyres (175/65), front fog lamps, side step garnish, steering wheel leather cover for Rs. 8,60,000.
Let me know if this is package/price is ok.

For the loan,
Advance: Rs. 3145 per lak, per month EMI for three years.
Arrears: Rs. 3165 per lak, per month EMI for three years.

I need to decide tomorrow.

Last edited by iridium : 22nd March 2010 at 21:43.
Old 22nd March 2010, 22:36   #155
BHPian

Iridium,
The interest rate looks ok. Although, I got slightly lower - 3135 per lakh. You have mentioned two different interest rates. Didn't understand that part.

860 seems to be the rack rate for Honda Jazz Active on the road(821 + 36 for active). And the accessories for Select are another 10K. Thats the price in Mumbai. I am sure Bangalore must be cheaper.

You not getting any discounts? You should try to bargain hard. At a minimum, you should get Insurance free (thats about 21K). And if you go for 2009 model, than you should get further discounts.
Old 23rd March 2010, 07:40   #156
BHPian

Hi,

I am getting a 2010 model.

Loan has two schemes:
Advance - wherein one EMI is taken at the time of loan disbursal. So if its a 36 EMI loan, one EMI is taken during loan disbursal and the rest is repaid in 35 EMIs.
So the interest rate is slightly lower.
Second is the Arrears scheme, wherein depending on when the loan gets disbursed, either its first half of the month or second half, the first EMI will kick in either in the immediate next month or a month later and continuing with the above example, there will be 36 EMIs.

Excerpt from you post:
"860 seems to be the rack rate for Honda Jazz Active on the road(821 + 36 for active) in Mumbai."

821 would be with the insurance free offer right ?. In Bangalore with insurance free offer, it is 8.38. This is after the Excise duty hike from 8 - 10% in the Union Budget.
For me, on road price is 8.60 laks. I've been told that this includes the insurance offer of 21k.

So are you saying that on top of 8.60 laks, I should ask for discount ?.

Last edited by iridium : 23rd March 2010 at 07:41.
Old 23rd March 2010, 08:45   #157
Team-BHP Support

Yes you should be getting a discount on the 8.6L. But negotiate fast before road tax goes up on April 1st.
Old 23rd March 2010, 10:16   #158
BHPian

iridium, you are right. between my purchase and now, the prices have gone up. So what I was quoting was actually pre-budget prices. Still I am surprised. Since I just checked the Honda site and in Bangalore the current ex-showroom price for basic is 792340. Are they charging you 70K for registration alone? Maybe you can push for even further discounts.

This Jazz is getting really expensive now. Glad I booked it before the budget
Old 23rd March 2010, 10:59   #159
BHPian

IMHO, the advance EMI thing is simply a devious method of making you think you are getting financed at a lesser rate of interest (owing to the lower EMI), when you actually aren't.

Let us take your case - for a loan amount of 1,00,000,

EMI in Arrears: For a 3 year (36-month) term, if the EMI is Rs.3165, the interest rate comes to 8.68% p.a.

EMI in Advance:
The 1st advance EMI is effectively money that goes from your pocket upfront and hence the bank is only financing (1,00,000 - 3145) = 96,855. Also, the loan tenure (no. of EMIs) is 35 months and not 36.

Thus, for the 35-month term, if the EMI is Rs.3145, the interest rate comes to 8.74% p.a.

I'd advise you to analyze and choose what you are comfortable with, instead of going by the loan exec's word.

The finance gurus here should be able to shed more light on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iridium View Post
Loan has two schemes:
Advance - wherein one EMI is taken at the time of loan disbursal. So if its a 36 EMI loan, one EMI is taken during loan disbursal and the rest is repaid in 35 EMIs.
So the interest rate is slightly lower.
Second is the Arrears scheme, wherein depending on when the loan gets disbursed, either its first half of the month or second half, the first EMI will kick in either in the immediate next month or a month later and continuing with the above example, there will be 36 EMIs.
Old 23rd March 2010, 11:47   #160
BHPian

spindoc, your calculation is right. It is just that in 36 months, your down payment is lower (by one EMI).

One interesting thing I realised is based on your date of booking you can delay the first EMI by one month. Banks have a cut-off date. If the disbursal happens after the cut-off date, you have the pay the EMI after 1 month. e.g. if the bank's cut-off date is 20th of every month and lets say your disbursal happens on 18th April, your first EMI is in May (1st week mostly). If your disbursal happens on 21st April, your first EMI is in June (again 1st week).

So this also could help in planning your cash flow. I did it and really helped. Since that extra EMI of April, i paid as down-payment which helped me further lower the loan amount and hence the EMI. I just had to take the delivery 2 days late.
Old 14th April 2010, 16:24   #161
BHPian

Civic discounts?

Hello team bhpians
What are the discounts currently being offered on the Civic V AT/MT?
Any information would be helpful as I am definitely bad in bargaining.
I am informed about 20K discount + may be basic accessories. I am aware that there is some discount for corporates. Question is how much is it?
Old 18th April 2010, 17:09   #162
BHPian

Tata Safari GX 4x4 (Pearl White) Decided - Now need to close the deal

Hi folks!

Need some help/support/advice to finalize the deal for my Safari. Here are the details:

Part I Background:

The brief was to get a car with the following features:
  1. A mile muncher, comfortable for looooong highway drives.
  2. Go any where capability, gives the opportunity to go out and explore a little more while you are on the road.
  3. Lots of space.
  4. Stylish, with a personality.
  5. Priced in the range of 12-13 lakh rupees.
The three options that i landed with were the Scorpio or Innova or Safari.

A quick look at the priorities and the Toyota was out and i was stuck with the grand old dilemma of choosing between the Mahindra or the Tata. Not getting into a comparison between the two cars here, but post my extensive research, (a lot of it on t-BHP) online, anecdotal, TDs, magazines decided on the Tata Safari GX 4x4 in pearl white. There were several factors in choosing the car, and i believe that the safari fits the bill better for me.

Now then, decision taken on the car and the variant GX (ABS and EBD being important for us) it was important to decide on the color and the version 4x4 or 4x2. And this was not easy at all.

Color - I was more keen on the black (single tone), but wife liked pearl white (pw), thankfully GX has quarts black only in two tone and thats where the decision got taken. I also wrote to the TML helpline as mentioned on the safari website and got some prompt and clear response from the guys.

4X4 - The utility was never in question, even if i am not a serious off roader, thee feature will help me sometime or the other, and if i buy a 4x4 i get the option of becoming a serious off roader. The only hindrance was the added lakh or so. Finally convinced myself with the logic that 'it would only add a little bit to the EMI and that is something i can live with..'

Part II Shopping Around, Dealer Visits, Finance,Valuation for current car.

Have taken the shopping around advice on the forum a little too seriously I guess, so far have been to three dealers in Mumbai(and one in B'lore too while on a short visit), and here is the lowdown on what has happened so far:
  1. Fortune Cars Powai- Called them for a TD in Jan, they were the closest to my house in Andheri E then, it was on a Sat afternoon and on a whim. They were glad to send the car, which duly arrived in about an hour's time. It was an EX 4x2 in q-black. Drove around for a good 35-40 mins, on the WEH and internal Andheri roads. After the TD they followed up with me for a couple of weeks, and checked with me on when would i be booking the car. My plan was to buy only end of April, so i did not commit and they stopped calling. I went to them on Wed and told them that i will buy the car end of April, what is the deal that they can offer me, and they said no discounts available, only accessories (mud flaps, mats, perfumes etc). Loan (if i take from them, will be through Axis at 9% reducing, for 85%. They have been rigid with the fact that they will not give me any discounts and that their service is the best, and have not called me back so far. Valuation for my Accent 95k
  2. Bharati, WEH Jogeshwari - This is a new TATA-Fiat showroom which opened in end of Jan, and is less than 2 kms away from my house, and its a Sales, Service, Spares facility. I went to them in mid March, and saw a pw EX in the showroom, the guy followed up with me on and off. I went to them on Wed (after Fortune) and told them that i will buy the car around end April and so whats the deal that they can give me. After much ado the sales guy said 5 + 5 k dealer and corp discount, and free accessories. No other offer or discount. And immediately after this started nagging me with when am i booking the car (quite upsetting). The vibes i get from the guy are weird, also when i went to Bharati for the first time i saw few GM cars around (accidental, for service, resale) i was surprised then realized that Bharati is also a GM dealer. Its only when i read about them and the Captiva case on tbhp did i get the full pic. So i am quite skeptical about them, the only benefit is that they are a stones throw away from my place, and servicing will be very easy. Also he the sales guy says that i should get my own finance from SBI*,which will be better than what he has to offer through ICICI & HDFC @ 11%. Valuation for my Accent 100K
  3. Concorde Prabhadevi - I went to them last Sunday, and they have by far the biggest showroom and facilities of all the dealers (there is a second Concorde in Malad too). The sales guy said that they have no discounts as well, and he will give me the usual, Mats+ mudflaps. I told him that i will buy the car from fortune in that case, he then said that if i can tell him whatever discount any other dealer is offering he will match that. The Tata Motor finance deal also looks good, with 9% reducing and 85-90% finance option. Moreover they look and sound the most reliable. I called him once over the week to mail me the details which he did. He hasn't followed up even once. Have attached the quotation. Valuation for my Accent 90K.
Part III Summary

Fortune - No discount, so-so feeling, valuation of accent 95K, Axis finance
Bharati- Closest, 10K discount, bad feeling, bad repute, valuation of accent 1L, SBI/self finance
Concorde- No discount, good feeling, valuation of accent 90k, TMF finance

Part IV Questions/ help /support:
  1. What should i do now, sit tight and wait for this week for them to call me, or should i call them and talk.
  2. Finance- I checked with SBI (i have a SBA with them), they will also give me a 85% finance at 8% for the first year and 10% for the subsequent years. Is this better than TMF (i like TMF better).
  3. I personally am in the favor of Concorde (I can also shift to the Malad Branch), how do i get some more disc from them.
  4. If anyone is getting better deal or is aware of any company deals on the car pls let me know.
Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-conc.jpg  

Old 18th April 2010, 19:29   #163
Senior - BHPian

Try WASAN MOTORS. They have a small showroom in Marinelines and one in Kandivli on the highway.
The Extended warranty used to be 5k. SInce when did it become 9k.!!

The insurance quote looks like a royal rip off. WIll send you a PM tomorrow... You should be able to get a much better rate.

Cheers,

Jay

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 18th April 2010 at 19:33.
Old 18th April 2010, 20:47   #164
BHPian

the rto charges look very very high to me... im expecting to pay 50% of that in delhi and half of that in gurgaon...

look for corporate discount though...
Old 18th April 2010, 21:25   #165
Senior - BHPian

As a thumb rule, on the road prices are 16% more than ex-showroom prices, so I think the prices are right, its life time tax and hence so high

Choice of vehicle is excellent (Disclaimer: I own a TCIC SAFARI). For 13 lakhs, no better choice. Also 4x4, its worth its weight in gold. I have a 4x4, and its a BORG-WARNER shift on the fly system, more advanced than the ENDEAVOR -old and the FORTUNER.

Just one thought, for 3,50,000 downpayment, you would get a 4x4 SAFARI of 2005 model. Imagine, same vehicle (almost) and no EMI. Atleast try and search, I'm sure it'll be worth it. I picked mine for 2,00,000 and its a 99 model 4x4, and your favourite colour Black!

Last edited by TheARUN : 18th April 2010 at 21:25. Reason: spelling mistake

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks