Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2011, 08:34   #616
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Thanks mdsaab, you have given me good suggestions in my other thread when I was looking to buy my car (used or new was undecided) .

So if i hear you correctly, you say that I can say 10K cash discounts (I think dealer would say 5K cash + 5K accessories) + 4K corporate + maybe tell them I will do the insurance on my own and say maybe 4-5K on that?

That would be a sweet deal
Old 24th June 2011, 08:40   #617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrahul_2778
Thanks mdsaab, you have given me good suggestions in my other thread when I was looking to buy my car (used or new was undecided) .

So if i hear you correctly, you say that I can say 10K cash discounts (I think dealer would say 5K cash + 5K accessories) + 4K corporate + maybe tell them I will do the insurance on my own and say maybe 4-5K on that?

That would be a sweet deal
See 7K cash is standard.
Then say another 3K is tough for cash, convert it to acessories.
Plus your corporate discount.
And yes get 0% depreciation insurance on your own
Old 24th June 2011, 09:16   #618
Team-BHP Support

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
But i thought our buddy cityvic was buying a civic.
Ahhhh! My mad, way too much confusion and collusion between ANHC and Civic buyers!

Yep, V MT/AT variants of Civic have parking sensors as standard equipment.

Btw, if you notice, there are hardly any diff. in the S and V variants of Civic; mainly the sunroof, leather steering, rear reading lights etc. That is, all the fancy stuff.

Really admire Honda to keep safety features the SAME in all variants; same is the case with ANHC. Give the frills on higher variants but keep all safety features on even the lowest variant! Appreciate it!
Old 24th June 2011, 09:54   #619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
July is usually a lean period for car dealers in terms of sales. I think you might manage to get a bit more than what you got now. Or even the talk of cancelling your booking might do the trick too.
Quote:
July is indeed a better month to get a sweeter deal. I say this from past experience.
Ah, I wish I'd known this last year.

I booked and took delivery of my car in July 2010 and as I've noted earlier in this thread, the offer was pretty run-of-the-mill and not for lack of effort.

I hate two-dealers only scenarios. Lots of scope for collusion.

Maruti is better in this regard. There'll be at least 5-6 dealers and at least 1-2 of them will be willing to renege on the dealer collusion bit easily.

Regards,
spadix
Old 24th June 2011, 12:04   #620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrahul_2778 View Post
Booked a ritz vdi at chennai, popular. The final on road is 5.91 with 5k dealer cash discount and 4k corporate discount. No accessories given free, not even car cover. Not fully happy, would the deals get better in July? I would cancel my booking in that case.
There will not be much discounts on Diesel.
Old 24th June 2011, 12:26   #621
BHPian

My friend is looking to buy a Petrol Fabia, ambinete or elegance next month. What can he expect as dealer discounts or offers?

The purchase will be made in Jaipur.
Old 24th June 2011, 13:49   #622
BHPian

I spoke to my salesperson, she said she will talk to the manager and get back to me. Hoping to find a favorable deal.

Last month I was not decided on the ritz, there was 10k + corporate discount then on diesel. Suddenly ritz D sales seems to have picked up and also strike at Maruti plant seems to have made the supply lean.
Old 24th June 2011, 14:37   #623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Last month ... Suddenly ritz D sales seems to have picked up
I'm not surprised. Just like at the timeline of petrol price hikes and you have your answer.

Regards,
spadix
Old 24th June 2011, 14:40   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Discounts for the ANHC is pretty much filtered in with the price slash. But you should aim for a total of 70K in benefits.
50K by the way of price slash cash discount.
and 20K worth of freebie accesories.

The A-Star
I had visited a Maruti Dealership recently. This is what i got.
33K flat cash discount.
exchange bonus of 17K
some small free accessories like body cover etc very possible.
Waiting period of the A star AT is approx 2 months though.
Thanks Mdsaab. Now that news items are filtering on a soon Honda City upgrade, I have dropped the idea of getting the City now. I guess I will go ahead and get the auto A* for wifey. I will wait for some time before I get one for myself.

Cheers
Old 24th June 2011, 16:10   #625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

My bad, didn't know that it's now standard on the V variant.
browse through the accessory list and see if anything catches your fancy.
But beware though, quite a few tempting things in there.
Hahaha.Yes.
Specially those Interior Lightings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Reverse parking sensors are NOT a part of the standard equipment of any variant of the ANHC.

:: Honda City ::
Quote:

But i thought our buddy cityvic was buying a civic.
Im getting a Civic not a ANHC.
Old 25th June 2011, 05:25   #626
BHPian

My Sales person is telling me that the 3rd year extended warranty can be given as cash discount. Not sure if i should go with the deal or wait for July considering that Ritz supply may be affected because of the situation at Maruti plant.
Old 25th June 2011, 08:26   #627
Senior - BHPian

First a Q from my side, is it really true that a newer honda city is due out soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Ahhhh! My mad, way too much confusion and collusion between ANHC and Civic buyers!

Yep, V MT/AT variants of Civic have parking sensors as standard equipment.

Btw, if you notice, there are hardly any diff. in the S and V variants of Civic; mainly the sunroof, leather steering, rear reading lights etc. That is, all the fancy stuff.

Really admire Honda to keep safety features the SAME in all variants; same is the case with ANHC. Give the frills on higher variants but keep all safety features on even the lowest variant! Appreciate it!
I agree with you, Kudos to Honda for giving priority to safety this time round. There was a time when Honda would not even give safety equipment on their top end variants. They have got it spot on now. Safety for all. Frills for those who opt for them.

BTW sunroof is not standard on the V variant, there is a V+ or something of the sort, that is the one you need to go for if you want the sunroof.

Quote:
My Sales person is telling me that the 3rd year extended warranty can be given as cash discount. Not sure if i should go with the deal or wait for July considering that Ritz supply may be affected because of the situation at Maruti plant.
Push for cash, they can easily do it. and am pretty sure they can offer you 10K cash. Be firm and don't be afraid to inform them that you are cancelling your booking. This will put immense pressure on them.

Just a scenario i wanted to point out. My parents had an Airtel broadband connection which they did not need anymore. So i called up to get the line terminated. The folks did not want to loose business, and i even got a call back offering me a mouthwatering deal. But since my parents did not need the connection at the time, i still terminated the connection. So it's pretty much the same scene out here, there is a lot of competition and dealers do not want to loose any bookings.
Go get them! They will definately give in to your demands.
Old 25th June 2011, 10:30   #628
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
First a Q from my side, is it really true that a newer honda city is due out soon?
Yes, mdsaab. They will be revamping and launching the new City soon (although I think they will see what the market reaction to the Brio is before doing this, so the timing might be end-2011 or early 2012).

From The Economic Times -

Quote:
Honda plans to revamp its City sedan within days of slashing its flagship car's price by up to 66,000 to revive it sagging fortunes in world's fastest growing auto market.

The refreshed car is likely to have top-notch optional features such as sunroof, new multimedia and infotainment additions like Bluetooth and iPod connectivity and a new colour combination, an industry executive said.

"The car would carry new colours and design cues like new tail lamps that could get an LED treatment and internal changes in form of some modifications with instrumental panel, new interior trim and a new CD player system," the person said, requesting anonymity.
More here - Honda to revamp 'City' sedan in a bid to revive its fortunes - The Economic Times
Old 25th June 2011, 12:06   #629
BHPian

Bad luck, the Sales people refused to give me any further discounts on Ritz and I went to extend of cancelling my order, and they asked me to collect the booking amount cheque :(.

Also, they said I cannot do my own insurance and have to take insurance from Maruti else I would have to get my own surveyor in case of accidents, etc etc.

My options -

1. I have cancelled my booking and negotiating with a couple of other Maruti dealers based on the offer I had with Popular. Let me see if any other is ready to give anything more.

2. Go for the Vista, my other choice in this segment. TATA has some good offers going on now - insurance @ Re 1 + corporate discount of 6L. The model with ABS coming around 5.8 L.

3. Wait for July offers, risking the fact that I need the car by Jul mid for sure.

Buying a new car is sure a big confusion ...Fellow members, help!!!

Last edited by rrahul_2778 : 25th June 2011 at 12:25.
Old 26th June 2011, 10:10   #630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bad luck, the Sales people refused to give me any further discounts on Ritz and I went to extend of cancelling my order, and they asked me to collect the booking amount cheque :(.

Also, they said I cannot do my own insurance and have to take insurance from Maruti else I would have to get my own surveyor in case of accidents, etc etc.

My options -

1. I have cancelled my booking and negotiating with a couple of other Maruti dealers based on the offer I had with Popular. Let me see if any other is ready to give anything more.

2. Go for the Vista, my other choice in this segment. TATA has some good offers going on now - insurance @ Re 1 + corporate discount of 6L. The model with ABS coming around 5.8 L.

3. Wait for July offers, risking the fact that I need the car by Jul mid for sure.

Buying a new car is sure a big confusion ...Fellow members, help!!!
Alright, now that does not happen often. What you need to do now is visit the other Maruti dealers and get their best rates.
First give them a call and speak to them on the phone.
Tell them BOSS i have already test driven the Ritz. and now it is just a matter of which dealer gives me the best deal. and to them goes my cheque. So try and get the best out of them on the phone itself. Do not use your real name here. maybe use your cousin's or a relative.
Now out of the couple of dealers you call, visit the one who offered you the best deal on the phone. This time round be yourself. Work your way up from a sales rep to a senior sales rep and then finally the sales manager.
Go for the cash discounts first and small accessories can always be included when you pull out that cheque book, but before signing ofcourse.

Don't worry too much, be confident and at no point show that you are desperate. I know you need the car mid july and that is always going to be on the back of your head but still, be firm.

Also do take a look at the Ford Figo like i had suggested on your thread, just in case you decide to go in for something other than a Maruti.
it's a fantastic car and you are sure to be pleased with owning one.

Good luck second time round. This time you have some fresh experience backing you. Go get em!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks