Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2011, 08:39   #691
Team-BHP Support

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Right now I am in the process of finalising a car (most probably a hatch) and I have zeroed in on the Jazz, Polo or the Punto. No Hyundais, no Tata cars for me, I had decided.
Agree with Mdsaab. Out the 3 mentioned, Jazz should be the best option. It’s a great city car and space-wise, as good as a C-segment sedan (or even better).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
When I finally did manage to reach by 5:00pm one day (after appointment), they were only willing to give a 2 km TD! The Sales guy alongwith was scared of even asking his seniors about a longer drive. Was not given the number of the Manager. Even the reception would not give it. Said he is not on his seat and that they don't have the managers number!!!!! (what if the showroom had a theft or fire?- would they not get in touch with him?). We had halted the car 1km from the showroom.
Eventually at my extremely firm persuasion (and annoyance and making ample noise) three guys from the showroom turned up at our car (I think they feared that I'd take it for a longer TD even if they protested). The Team Leader came on the TD with us. And gosh! His attitude. Almost felt I was traveling with the MD of Hyundai. Constantly on calls. Could hardly care less about the 'customer'. Was totally putting me off, but I tried to focus on what I was there for - the TD.
I was expecting Hyundai to handle this better. If this kind of a behavior was from a VW dealer, it’s quite understandable because a year back they used to have occasional sales of a few Jettas and Passats, and maybe the surge in sales was too hot to handle. But Hyundai always have been a volume-seller, and they are expected to handle this in a much better way.
Old 2nd July 2011, 09:22   #692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMind
@Mdsaab I would like some advice from you about how to negotiate with these Concorde folks. They don't budge an inch..I mean they give some corp discount and the monthly special but no effort other than that..
I am set on getting manza aqua qdjet and I just got my loan approved as well.. So looking to finalize it in the next few days !
First of all thank you for your kind words.
I am travelling right now. Will be back by monday.
And shall find out the best deal for you. Only thing is diesel models dont offer great discounts. But stay tuned will let you know.
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2011, 16:30   #693
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
But Hyundai always have been a volume-seller, and they are expected to handle this in a much better way.
The sales chap was saying that they have some 25 odd TD a day! (gross exaggeration IMO). Being fair, one can imagine them being concerned about how to manage a lot of TD. But a simple solution from Hyundai could be to provide more TD vehicles. And the process of getting a longer TD seemed lengthier than the TD itself.

My bigger issue was with the attitude and sense of arrogance from the dealers (especially the Team Leader). The first one completely refusing a TD was very surprising too, as it would be highly unlikely that they would not be having a TD vehicle. My guess is that they would just not find it worth their time and attention, with the huge demand they are seeing.

- Sorry for this OT. Someone please guide me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post

Write up: - This one is more detailed.

Point wise:
I have been confused about how to link a page without it's title and other details showing up. Had tried options with the "automatically parse links" and "automatically retrieve titles from external links" check boxes. It would always show the title. Noticed that in the post quoted above, one title was shown, where as the other wasn't. Don't know if I am doing something wrong or if there is a bug.

How to NOT show the title in the link?

If someone could reply here or PM me, it would be a help.
Old 3rd July 2011, 20:45   #694
Senior - BHPian

Fiat Upgrade Offer Contest! Get petrol worth Rs 54k, Diesel worth 26k, etc!

Buy any Fiat car today and you could get lucky with a free upgrade to Fiat Multijet diesel technology - for the price of a petrol car.
  • Car Upgrages
  • Free Fuel Voucher
  • Savings On Car Insurance
  • Free Road Side Assistance

For more information : Fiat Upgrade Offer

Let FIAL FAIL to increase the monthly sales, so that we get many more drool-worthy offers.

PS :The contents shared above have been shamelessly copied from the above link! Support Team, feel free to merge this thread with the existing ones or delete this.

* Conditions apply.
Old 3rd July 2011, 21:15   #695
BHPian

I think I saw an A* TV ad today. Really amused.

Now Maruti where are the extra discounts

Cheers
Old 4th July 2011, 00:40   #696
BHPian

Re: Fiat Upgrade Offer Contest! Get petrol worth Rs 54k, Diesel worth 26k, etc!

Previously Fiat was offering;
-One year Insurance.
-Basic Accessories.
-2 years extended warranty.
-50 month free Roadside Assistance.
free by paying Rs.5600 extra with every Punto(petrol or Diesel).
IMHO, rather than banking on these offers Fiat seriously needs to address on their AfSS first.

Nissan is also offering Huge offer on the Petrol Micra in the form of free Petrol worth Rs.52,000 for the use of 8 months & 0% Rate of Interest on Financed cases.
Also written at that place was that this scheme is applicable for 'Micra MY10' only. Can anybody tell what the latter means?
Old 4th July 2011, 08:42   #697
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
Also written at that place was that this scheme is applicable for 'Micra MY10' only. Can anybody tell what the latter means?
MY10 = Manufacturing Year 2010 ??

May be they have a lot of old cars lying unsold.
Old 4th July 2011, 14:18   #698
BHPian

Finally after a lot of yes-no-yes yoyoing i have taken the plunge and paid the full money for ritz vdi. Did a pdi before paying up. My car goes for registration tomorrow. Thanks for all the suggestions so far
Old 4th July 2011, 15:50   #699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
MY10 = Manufacturing Year 2010 ??

May be they have a lot of old cars lying unsold.
Why is it that they waited for 6 months to clear the old stock? Hmm...Sign of new model?
Old 4th July 2011, 16:52   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrahul_2778 View Post
Finally after a lot of yes-no-yes yoyoing i have taken the plunge and paid the full money for ritz vdi. Did a pdi before paying up. My car goes for registration tomorrow. Thanks for all the suggestions so far
Congrats! Could you share the deal you got with us?
Old 4th July 2011, 17:01   #701
BHPian

Note from Mod: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 4th July 2011 at 17:14.
anonymous is offline   Received Infraction
Old 4th July 2011, 17:03   #702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrahul_2778 View Post
Hey congratulations. did you do a full blown T-BHP PDI?
do start and ownership thread soon.
Old 4th July 2011, 19:43   #703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMind View Post
I am set on getting manza aqua qdjet and I just got my loan approved as well.. So looking to finalize it in the next few days !
The last that i had checked the Manza came with a 15K exchange bonus. But no other deals apart from that.
Can you tell me what they have offered by way of monthly special discount?
also with some of the new launches being midsized sedans with diesel engines. i am sure the manza would feel the heat and you would definately see some discounts in the offing.
Please give me your current discounts, then i will personally call up a local tata dealership and see what i can get. Will post the results thereafter.
Old 4th July 2011, 20:09   #704
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Buy any Fiat car today and you could get lucky with a free upgrade to Fiat Multijet diesel technology - for the price of a petrol car.
  • Car Upgrages
  • Free Fuel Voucher
  • Savings On Car Insurance
  • Free Road Side Assistance
For more information : Fiat Upgrade Offer

Let FIAL FAIL to increase the monthly sales, so that we get many more drool-worthy offers.

PS :The contents shared above have been shamelessly copied from the above link! Support Team, feel free to merge this thread with the existing ones or delete this.

* Conditions apply.
This is absolutely true, much to my disappointment.. I got my Linea Tjet plus on 30th June and presto, this offer rolls in on the 1st of july.. Went to the dealer to get my number plates fitted and saw this banner today evening. Had I waited another day, I would have got fuel vouchers worth 14000 for a petrol linea. That's a good 4-5 full tanks of petrol.. Diesel lineas are given vouchers for 18k or so.

To add to this list you have mentioned, they are now offering an exchange bonus of 20k on any brand car, as opposed to last month's 10k, where I lost again

The "opportunity to get diesel linea for petrol linea price" offer is restricted to 1.4fire emotion pack petrol. As far as I know, its not valid on the Active and Dynamic petrol variants.

Last edited by KarthikK : 4th July 2011 at 20:10. Reason: typo
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2011, 20:23   #705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
The last that i had checked the Manza came with a 15K exchange bonus. But no other deals apart from that.
Can you tell me what they have offered by way of monthly special discount?
also with some of the new launches being midsized sedans with diesel engines. i am sure the manza would feel the heat and you would definately see some discounts in the offing.
Please give me your current discounts, then i will personally call up a local tata dealership and see what i can get. Will post the results thereafter.
Planning to go to the dealership tomorrow to check on july discounts. I was quoted free insurance plus 12 k corp discount.

That's it for now, more tomorrow!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks