Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2011, 13:28   #751
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Guys, any idea of offers on Mahindra Verito diesel ?
I had TDed a Verito recently and the Mahindra guys were offering 10K corporate discount plus 10K loyalty bonus discount.

If you want to go for exchange, you will get upto 10K exchange discount.

I think there's an additional cash discount of 20K but that's for the petrol version. Not sure though.

Try to get 10K worth accessories if you can haggle hard. Best of luck!

Last edited by RavenAvi : 10th July 2011 at 13:33.
Old 10th July 2011, 15:48   #752
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbiDas View Post
VW doesn't have any special offers running currently, AFAIK. For the Vento, expect a discount of anywhere between 10-30k, if any. Dealer financing is a good option, but do ask about all the processing charges, documentation fees and foreclosure/prepayment options/charges. Watch out for any hidden charges, and also whether it's a floating rate of interest.
Thanks for the info. I guess I will check it out next weekend and see what the dealer says. I am hoping for something decent on the petrol.

Cheers
Old 11th July 2011, 11:39   #753
BHPian

Finally booked Silver Ritz VXI (Dazzle: Celebration Edition). Thanks all for your inputs.
Old 11th July 2011, 14:24   #754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Just got off the phone from the guys at Shubh Honda and it is confirmed news - Honda has quietly discontinued the Jazz X model, and the Select variant will be the new top-end Jazz. Also, prices for the Jazz might be lowered by July-end.

The official website does not mention this, though.

Does this mean that the additional stuff (such as the dark-grey (gunmetal?) alloys, USB extension, etc.) given for the X will be available for the Select variant through a separate kit?
Or will the Jazz Select model come with these fittings as OEM in the future?

The ASM has no idea. Maybe things will get clearer once he calls me back in the evening.

Please see if you can get more info on this, mdsaab.
This does require some more clarity from Honda. The Pune Honda SA just called me up and the discount on Jazz Select version is now a whopping 1.5 Lacs!!

This indicates they are clearing the inventories. Are they phasing out the Jazz completely????
sids911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2011, 16:06   #755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
This does require some more clarity from Honda. The Pune Honda SA just called me up and the discount on Jazz Select version is now a whopping 1.5 Lacs!!

This indicates they are clearing the inventories. Are they phasing out the Jazz completely????
Awesome will have to go back to the dealership this week and check it out..
Only such a huge discount means that the car is getting discontinued. So should anybody buy it or not?

Now if they do the same thing again for the City.

Cheers
Old 11th July 2011, 17:11   #756
Senior - BHPian

that is really a H U G E discount, almost unbelievable.
Poor souls like me feel like

This means either of 2 things -
Car is being totally phased out. In that case, all owners will be worried about spare parts availability, resale etc etc
OR, a facelift like a Fabia with cutting down on the features and introduction of low-end varsions without any features.

Let use see. Sid, please provide some update
Old 11th July 2011, 17:43   #757
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
Only such a huge discount means that the car is getting discontinued. So should anybody buy it or not?
Don't worry about "what-if". If you like the car and the deal suits you, get the car.

Agree something "could" be brewing that has prompted such a price-cut but no point speculating endlessly.

Buying a car that "may" be discontinued is not a problem either; the company ensures that spares are available easily for 10 years.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2011, 18:10   #758
Senior - BHPian

Just now spoke to the Honda dealer, the news is true.

Jazz Select price has been dropped from 8.7 Lakhs to 7Lakhs OTR.

That is a 1.7 Lakhs discount.

Now, it is priced lower than the Polo highline.
The Sales person was pretty confident that the car will not be discontinued but he is unable to give a good explanation for the price cut.

Only one doubt - why is Honda not officially disclosing the price cut like City?
time for some more
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2011, 18:17   #759
Senior - BHPian

I guess the Jazz will finally be priced sensibly but I also see a feature cut to go along with it. I dont think existing Jazz owners should worry about the car being phased out. Its a very good car and a very new car. So I am sure it is going to see some major price cuts ala the City.
Old 11th July 2011, 18:29   #760
BHPian

Is the Honda City price cut + 75k discount confirmed?
Old 11th July 2011, 18:32   #761
Senior - BHPian

Given such drastic price cuts on the Jazz, would it not be entering Brio territory? Any idea about it's launch and prices?
Old 11th July 2011, 18:42   #762
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
I guess the Jazz will finally be priced sensibly but I also see a feature cut to go along with it. I dont think existing Jazz owners should worry about the car being phased out. Its a very good car and a very new car. So I am sure it is going to see some major price cuts ala the City.
No cut on features.
Jazz Base version dropped from 8.63 to 6.75L OTR
Jazz Select version dropped from 8.73L to 6.9L OTR.

Thats a whooping 2L discount on the OTR price.
Time for some more
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2011, 18:45   #763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Just now spoke to the Honda dealer, the news is true.

Jazz Select price has been dropped from 8.7 Lakhs to 7Lakhs OTR.

That is a 1.7 Lakhs discount.

Now, it is priced lower than the Polo highline.
The Sales person was pretty confident that the car will not be discontinued but he is unable to give a good explanation for the price cut.

Only one doubt - why is Honda not officially disclosing the price cut like City?
time for some more
Interesting news indeed. It doesn’t make sense selling the Jazz at 8.7 OTR which is very close to the newly announced City prices. They should make it official. Fail to understand what they are waiting for.
Old 11th July 2011, 19:02   #764
BHPian

Quote:

Time for some more
Hold off on your headbanging - Honda Cars might be doing what Honda Motorcycles India is doing; same model but obvious (and very glaring) cost cutting and quality compromises!
Old 11th July 2011, 19:03   #765
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
No cut on features.
Jazz Base version dropped from 8.63 to 6.75L OTR
Jazz Select version dropped from 8.73L to 6.9L OTR.

Time for some more
Honestly, that is a big goof up. If they are not making any downgrades in the car, and going to sell the existing Jazz as it is, at price lower by as much as 2L, its a big mistake.

1. They are practically accepting they were simply cheating all these years when selling the car at such a high price.

2. This is definitely turn off the existing customers, who showed their trust in Honda a lot earlier than the upcoming customers and spent their hard earned money for the Jazz at its older price. This is cheating existing customers also. Ruthless business...

3. I suppose (or do I also HOPE?) this will cause quite a dent in Honda's image. Evidently they are feeling the crunch of the petrol prices and have witnessed a terrible slump in demand. Hence the damage control with price cutting. Now even with the lower price, HSCI, dealers, channels, everyone will still make loads of profit. So? Earlier the cream was even thicker at the expense of the Indian buyer.

It will of course boost sales of Honda cars for sure. Who would not want to buy a Jazz / City cheaper than it was? But then it is still an ethical mistake.

I don't think too many of Honda customers were those who'd think "God, INR 5.00 per kilometer is costly for me". It was generally the elite who bought the Honda. They should have stuck with that and cars would have sold like they did all these years. You were on the wrong way Honda for some years, now looks like you are taking a worse turn...
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks