Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2011, 15:52   #886
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
The dealer should give you the body cover; I think everyone on T-BHP with an ANHC has it.
The dealers sometimes don’t give body cover/cushions as freebies. They try to save as much as possible if customer forgets something.

One has to ask for body cover after the deal is closed as they cost over INR 1500 and cushions are also over INR 1000, quite expensive IMO.
Old 26th July 2011, 19:17   #887
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Booked a punto emotion 1.3 mjt diesel for wifey. got this offer
City: Surat
Ex showroom: Rs 6,04717
handling: Rs 3000
RTO: 34,450
Municipal corp. tax: 12094
Insurance: Free
Corporate discount: Rs 8000
Cash discount: Rs 10000
3rd year extended warranty worth Rs 5000 free.

FIAT offer: one out of these three in a draw 9valid till 31st july 2011)
1. Fuel vouchers worth Rs 6500 (validity 6 months)
2. Fuel vouchers worth 26,000 (validity 12 months)
3. Model upgrade
Old 26th July 2011, 19:28   #888
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
The dealers sometimes don’t give body cover/cushions as freebies. They try to save as much as possible if customer forgets something.

One has to ask for body cover after the deal is closed as they cost over INR 1500 and cushions are also over INR 1000, quite expensive IMO.
In my case, I got a body cover for free after a lot of haggling (borderline begging, you might say). This was over and above insurance + company-provided corporate discount (some of which they reversed *after* booking and billing). No dealer-provided corporate discount and no other freebies (cash discounts or accessories).

To my horror, I realized upon delivery that the free body cover I got was not the genuine Honda cover but a cheap and tacky aftermarket example which probably costs about 15% of the original. This is on the purchase of a 15-lac car.

I wouldn't take anything the dealer says for granted unless every last bit of detail is given in writing on the dealer's company letterhead. I probably wouldn't believe a dealer even then!

Regards,
spadix
Old 26th July 2011, 20:07   #889
Senior - BHPian

The cushions are the pillows indeed. you get a set of 2 from the dealer. He told me the cost for the same is approx Rs. 700/-
My mom was quick to point out to him that we didn't get the same in our deal. and he promptly said, on the next booking. Fellow tempting me or what?

Yes, Body cover should be thrown in for sure. and i am pretty sure he will do it for you.
Old 26th July 2011, 20:23   #890
BHPian

Quote:
The dealers sometimes don’t give body cover/cushions as freebies. They try to save as much as possible if customer forgets something. One has to ask for body cover after the deal is closed as they cost over INR 1500 and cushions are also over INR 1000, quite expensive IMO.
+1 to that bluevolt. I'm infact in my final stages of negotiating with Honda dealer and have got him to agree on body cover, cushions, 50% cost of elegance kit. Anything else I am missing?

AHNC owners a question to you all?

Honda is offering HID Xenon conversion kit as accessory @ 13,438 for high and low beam. Do you think this price is justified? I'm not planning any sun films on the front windshield. Is the stock lamps ok for drives on highway at night?
Old 26th July 2011, 20:31   #891
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Fellow tempting me or what?
Yep, for the Accord!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Honda is offering HID Xenon conversion kit as accessory @ 13,438 for high and low beam. Do you think this price is justified? I'm not planning any sun films on the front windshield. Is the stock lamps ok for drives on highway at night?
I don't know about the price but if you're a highway regular, maybe you should consider a headlight upgrade; not necessarily a HID Xenon but definitely an upgrade. The stock lamps are not sufficient.

Btw, how does sun film on the front windshield figure in this?
Old 26th July 2011, 20:35   #892
BHPian

Quote:
Yep, for the Accord!

I don't know about the price but if you're a highway regular, maybe you should consider a headlight upgrade; not necessarily a HID Xenon but definitely an upgrade. The stock lamps are not sufficient. Btw, how does sun film on the front windshield figure in this?

@libranof1987 - if not HID Xenon what are the other possible upgrades?

I understand that front windshield will make the horizon look even darker in the face of stock headlights which are known to be inefficient.
Old 26th July 2011, 20:42   #893
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@libranof1987 - if not HID Xenon what are the other possible upgrades?

I understand that front windshield will make the horizon look even darker in the face of stock headlights which are known to be inefficient.
Maybe a higher wattage bulb from Philips or Osram. Check out post 46:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2424013

Most importantly, you need to check if any of the upgrades void the electrical warranty.
Old 26th July 2011, 20:51   #894
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
+1 to that bluevolt. I'm infact in my final stages of negotiating with Honda dealer and have got him to agree on body cover, cushions, 50% cost of elegance kit. Anything else I am missing?
With that you should be getting at least 50-70K cash discount (including everything like corporate discount etc.). If possible try your hands on leather seat covers also. If dealer is not willing to provide them for free then you can ask him to offer some discount on other accessories purchase.

Last edited by bluevolt : 26th July 2011 at 20:54.
Old 26th July 2011, 23:06   #895
BHPian

Hi friends
We are planning to exchange our maruti zen,have inquired about toyota etios liva g and vw polo trendline petrol.

Etios liva retails for Rs.462000/- in my city and vw polo is for Rs.465000/-.
VW dealer is offering Rs.40000/- discount which includes insurance,3 yrs. AMC and Rs.5000/- worth of accessories.

I'm not in a hurry to buy the car.Kindly suggest which is better car to go in for.It will be driven inside the city by me,my father and my wife.

We have other cars to solve our highway and city drives as well.

__________________________________________________ ________________________Toyota Innova VX 2009
Chevy Spark PS 2009
M.Zen 1997 1997
Old 26th July 2011, 23:14   #896
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by braveheart_77 View Post
Etios liva retails for Rs.462000/- in my city and vw polo is for Rs.465000/-.
VW dealer is offering Rs.40000/- discount which includes insurance,3 yrs. AMC and Rs.5000/- worth of accessories.

I'm not in a hurry to buy the car.Kindly suggest which is better car to go in for.It will be driven inside the city by me,my father and my wife.
VW Polo anyday of the week, month or even year.
A car that is not built to a cost. Will give you that special feel.
Handles decently. And after the discount will be much cheaper to buy too. What are you waiting for? Go ahead, close your eyes and pick up the Polo. You won't regret, take my word for it.
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2011, 23:59   #897
BHPian

Quote:

Even though the price for us may be 1500/1000 when they sell to us - it probably costs them about 500 for both combined. It is great freebie for us but for them, it is probably trivial.

We of course feel happy that we got it for free and we actually do save money compared to if we had to buy it.

Quote:
The cushions are the pillows indeed. you get a set of 2 from the dealer. He told me the cost for the same is approx Rs. 700/-
My mom was quick to point out to him that we didn't get the same in our deal. and he promptly said, on the next booking. Fellow tempting me or what?

Yes, Body cover should be thrown in for sure. and i am pretty sure he will do it for you.
Yep - I think we will get the body cover and cushions/pillows too. Dad seems pretty confident.

We're still waiting for the VIN number though. Wonder why its taking so long. He was supposed to send that out on Monday!

Quote:
With that you should be getting at least 50-70K cash discount (including everything like corporate discount etc.). If possible try your hands on leather seat covers also. If dealer is not willing to provide them for free then you can ask him to offer some discount on other accessories purchase.
Getting the original leather seat covers may be difficult. They're pretty expensive - I think they cost about 25K.

Arup, if you want artificial leather seat covers, he may be able to add that to your offer. Also check if he will give you free matts. Happy bargaining
Old 27th July 2011, 09:56   #898
Senior - BHPian

Tell him you need the VIN immediately as you will be decoding it to find it's date of manufacture. I did tell our sales rep that. So he knows there is no messing around with which example we get. Tell him you need it by today latest tomorrow. It's pretty easy info for them to get, so should not take long at all.

Infact i remember getting the VIN for a vehicle in their stockyard from a rival dealer. Over the phone. I had never entered the showroom before, they had no idea who they were speaking to. and yet the fellow called me back in 10 mins flat and gave me the VIN over the phone.

So tell your sales rep to hurry up and there are no excuses why it's taking so long.
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2011, 10:22   #899
BHPian

Quote:
Maybe a higher wattage bulb from Philips or Osram. Check out post 46:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2424013

Most importantly, you need to check if any of the upgrades void the electrical warranty.
@libranof1987 - Thanks will check out the thread.

warranty gets void if you do an aftermarket job AFAIK, but getting it done through a dealer wouldn't void the warranty I think. Hence they would charge a premium but my question is the premium too much for the HID they are quoting.

If any body has got an HID done in their AHNC please comment.

Quote:
Thanks bluevolt will get him on the bargaining table soon. Just an advise from you. How does the red color of City look over the long term? I mean, I was keen on the red but the SA told me it'll loose its sheen in a few months and will appear dull then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alam86 View Post
Arup, if you want artificial leather seat covers, he may be able to add that to your offer. Also check if he will give you free matts. Happy bargaining

Mats already in the bag, Artificial leather not sure of the standard of Honda. I prefer getting G-Sport ones and going for more discount.
Old 27th July 2011, 11:22   #900
BHPian

Quote:
Tell him you need the VIN immediately as you will be decoding it to find it's date of manufacture. I did tell our sales rep that. So he knows there is no messing around with which example we get. Tell him you need it by today latest tomorrow. It's pretty easy info for them to get, so should not take long at all.

Infact i remember getting the VIN for a vehicle in their stockyard from a rival dealer. Over the phone. I had never entered the showroom before, they had no idea who they were speaking to. and yet the fellow called me back in 10 mins flat and gave me the VIN over the phone.

So tell your sales rep to hurry up and there are no excuses why it's taking so long.
Just spoke to our sales rep. He said he'll send out the VIN and Chassis number as soon as he gets to the office. Thank you mdsaab!

He also said the vehicle has been dispatched. Yay!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks