Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2011, 15:10   #1636
Senior - BHPian

Re: Has Honda silently reduced the ex-showroom prices of Honda city again?

Guys I had visited the Honda showroom yesterday to have a look at the ANHC and as everybody here know, the dealer confirmed that the ANHC Facelift was coming in December if not 2012. So thats Good news

However, when I asked the SE if Honda was still manufacturing the current version, he hinted towards a 'No' in his reply. He insisted that if I booked an ANHC this month, I could get some heavy discounts, however, I had to choose from the available Models/Colour which were manufactured 2 or even 3 months back. Basically, Stock Clearance I guess.
SE also informed me that they could work out a further discount from the Dealer side which was necessarily not offered from Honda.....I don't know what he meant by this statement though!!

Last edited by Vik0728 : 7th November 2011 at 15:11.
Old 7th November 2011, 15:16   #1637
Distinguished - BHPian

The facelifted city is not really a drastic change from the present car unlike the past when each time Honda made quite a radical change in the exterior design. So IMHO with good discounts on offer this is a great time to pick up the Honda city.
With increasing Petrol costs combined with another diesel sedan launch ( read as Skoda Rapid), dealers will be willing to give good offers.
Old 7th November 2011, 15:21   #1638
BHPian

I got an offer of 8.2 OTR after discounts(including corporate discount) in Chennai. Looks like they are in a hurry to clear the pre-facelift stocks.
Old 7th November 2011, 15:48   #1639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamswift View Post
City is going for enhancement next year and dealers are pushing the cars available with them.
Be careful though - you might get a TD vehicle.
But otherwise, several dealers will push stocks at year end with additional discounts.
I am interested in the EMT or the base model. I may be wrong but they are usually not test drive vehicles. However, the SA has agreed for me to come to the stockyard for the verification of the car.
Old 7th November 2011, 17:27   #1640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyworld View Post

Does anyone has information on this. If true I think this price would be the price of the facelift Honda city.

Does it make sense to go for Honda city right now or wait a little more to get a better deal? Please advise
If you are willing to spend a little more money on a facelifted model, then fine to wait. If not, get one right now. Prices will be increased a little bit for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post

However, when I asked the SE if Honda was still manufacturing the current version, he hinted towards a 'No' in his reply. He insisted that if I booked an ANHC this month, I could get some heavy discounts, however, I had to choose from the available Models/Colour which were manufactured 2 or even 3 months back. Basically, Stock Clearance I guess.
SE also informed me that they could work out a further discount from the Dealer side which was necessarily not offered from Honda.....I don't know what he meant by this statement though!!
I just took delivery of my city smt yest, and its an oct 2011 model. So dont worry about old stocks, they are clearing the pre-facelift models.
revintup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2011, 11:09   #1641
Senior - BHPian

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals.

Just read in todays newspaper that Maruti Estilo has a very huge discounts on offer. They are saying there is almost 20% discount. Estilo is being offered at 2.65 L instead of 3.27 L. It must be base model, still its a great buy. Is it true? If its true then its really a great deal. It looks better than Eon then with K 1.0 engine and Maruti A$$. Can somebody confirms this?

Link : ????? ????? ???????? ?????!-????-Maharashtra Times
Old 8th November 2011, 11:24   #1642
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti estilo @ 2.65 ?

This will be a killer pricing if true. Is Maruti planning to stop the production of Estilo and just clear the existing inventory?
Old 8th November 2011, 11:58   #1643
Senior - BHPian

At this price point, Estilo is great value given the fantastic motor it has. As a city car, it would do better than Alto/Eon any given day. If this is true, it would bring in more volumes for Maruti unless there is labor troubles.
I hope that this is deliberate price cut to fight Eon which should give maruti some time to prepare for the so called new M800.
Old 8th November 2011, 12:02   #1644
BHPian

Is this because Maruti wanted to deviate the customers from long pending waiting list for Swift to Estilo by offering 20% discount? We saw clear dip in sales in previous month due to their strikes. To regain the market in terms of no. of cars, they are rolling out this heavy discounts?
Old 8th November 2011, 12:18   #1645
BHPian

Re: Maruti Estilo @ 2.65 lakhs?

Yes this prices are of basic version.
These are not official prices. Official price stays still at 3.27L.
It's very like Chevy Spark. It's official price is some 3.XXL. But always you can get it with tag of 2.79L as some offer/festivals.
Old 8th November 2011, 13:26   #1646
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Just read in todays newspaper that Maruti Estilo has a very huge discounts on offer. They are saying there is almost 20% discount. Estilo is being offered at 2.65 L instead of 3.27 L. It must be base model, still its a great buy. Is it true? If its true then its really a great deal. It looks better than Eon then with K 1.0 engine and Maruti A$$. Can somebody confirms this?

Link : ????? ????? ???????? ?????!-????-Maharashtra Times
Seen the ads in Delhi papers also. As such Estilo has very low offtake (for MUL). In one stroke they have created a demand for it. While not as nimble or performance oriented as the Alto K10, it has a tall boy design and the same K10 engine, so performance and AC is taken care of, so is seating comfort. An ideal competitor for Santro and Eon.
Old 9th November 2011, 09:57   #1647
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Has VW quietly increased the prices of the Vento, ahead of the Skoda Rapid launch? (Maybe to make the Rapid look like a more VFM proposition)

Received a couple of quotations for the Vento TDi, which seem to be on the higher side than the prices from last month:

Variant - TDi Trendline

Ex-showroom - 8,47,589/-

Insurance - 33,082/-

Registration - 61,831/- (comes to 59,931/-, 1900/- commission?)

Handling Charges - 6,000/-

Teflon Coating - 2,500/- (mentioned as extra, and optional)

---------------
OTR - 9,48,502/-
---------------

Discounts offered:

- Breeze package. (40K worth of accessories free)

- 15,000 Corporate Discount.

-------------------
Final OTR - 9,33,502/-
-------------------

Variant - TDi Highline

Ex-showroom - 10,00,141/-

Insurance - 38,426/-

Registration - 72,510/- (comes to 70,010/-, 2500/- commission?)

---------------
OTR - 11,17,077/-
---------------

Discounts offered:

- NONE.

-------------------
Final OTR - Same as above.
-------------------
Old 9th November 2011, 10:28   #1648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Has VW quietly increased the prices of the Vento, ahead of the Skoda Rapid launch? (Maybe to make the Rapid look like a more VFM proposition)

Received a couple of quotations for the Vento TDi, which seem to be on the higher side than the prices from last month:

Variant - TDi Trendline

Ex-showroom - 8,47,589/-

Insurance - 33,082/-

Registration - 61,831/- (comes to 59,931/-, 1900/- commission?)

---------------
OTR - 9,48,502/-
---------------

Discounts offered:

- Breeze package. (40K worth of accessories free)

- 15,000 Corporate Discount.

-------------------
Final OTR - 9,33,502/-
-------------------

Variant - TDi Highline

Ex-showroom - 10,00,141/-

Insurance - 38,426/-

Registration - 72,510/- (comes to 70,010/-, 2500/- commission?)

---------------
OTR - 11,17,077/-
---------------

Discounts offered:

- NONE.

-------------------
Final OTR - Same as above.
-------------------
When I received the quote for TDi Trendline last month here in Chennai, the Ex showroom price was 8.43L. But the onroad price is around 9.72L. The difference I see is, Registration+life Tax is around 95K. Are you sure its only 61K ?
Old 9th November 2011, 12:32   #1649
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone have any idea if the new variants of the Fabia have hit the street. There are excellent discounts running on the car right now but dealers are telling me that the updated models i.e rear was /wiper etc will only arrive in Jan 2012 and the current offers are only on the existing stocks.
Old 9th November 2011, 14:54   #1650
Senior - BHPian

From today's Deccan Herald newspaper. Fiat Linea Tjet+ @ Rs. 7.92lac ex showroom. The ad is on the front page.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks