Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2020, 12:00   #8101
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Thank you for the information..!

Asked a few dealers about this and they say that I can definitely buy the car from Delhi instead of Chandigarh but the billing for the vehicle can either be Delhi NCR or HP, not Chandigarh.

On a separate note, what are the best offers around for Volvo XC 60, XC 90 or S 90?

Chandigarh has 2-3 L off XC60, while Delhi is around 8-9L off the ex-showroom.
Old 11th December 2020, 22:50   #8102
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

SO I have been offered 5th Gen Honda City V trim (10.89L Ex-Showroom) at 11.9L on road. This includes 30K exchange bonus and around 24K dealer discount, and includes zero dep insurance with engine protection.

Is this alright or should I press for more?
Nav-i-gator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2020, 16:00   #8103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
You’ve done well. Good luck with your new toy! Did they waive off the handling charges?
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2020, 04:59   #8104

My friend is in the market for a new S-Cross Zeta variant in New Delhi.

We enquired in 2 different NEXA showrooms and none of these were willing to offer more than 30k discount offered by Maruti, no freebies, not even accessories.

They offered 20k exchange bonus for his old WagonR and 11k corporate discount.

Is there any possibility to sweeten the deal? Please let me know!
Old 13th December 2020, 23:29   #8105
BHPian

Does anyone know what is the waiting time for the diesel HTX+ AT variant in Bangalore? We are trying to decide between the Seltos and MG Hector.
Old 14th December 2020, 00:37   #8106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
SO I have been offered 5th Gen Honda City V trim (10.89L Ex-Showroom) at 11.9L on road. This includes 30K exchange bonus and around 24K dealer discount, and includes zero dep insurance with engine protection.

I guess it depends upon the inventory levels that Honda is holding on to with the dealers. The current deal that is being offered to you is a reasonable one, not something which isn't offered once a year.

If you are purchasing a 2020 make, I will suggest to wait till last 10 days of December till the first week of January 2021.

The dealer would want to get rid of 2020 models and may sweeten the deal. Else you get a 2021 model. Either ways you have a win-win scenario.

The City isn't burning any sales charts like say Sonet so I see probability of some more negotiations.
headbanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2020, 10:30   #8107
BHPian

Apologies if this is not a valid resource, but I was sent this link in the morning by a relative.

https://www.timesnownews.com/auto/ca...january/694183

I'm sort of tentative, as my car won't get here until 2021, and the manufacturer has told the dealer that the price increase will be "substantial".

Any clue what sort of increase this will be? I've not followed exact prices of cars closely until now, and therefore do not have any past experience or patterns to draw on.
Old 15th December 2020, 12:18   #8108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post

These figures should help with bargaining power in Mumbai, otherwise it'll be cheaper to buy there and flatbed it to bombay.
Always cheaper to do the latter. Delhi has become far more competitive a market than Mumbai. Discounts in Delhi are almost 50% higher than Bombay. My past two purchases exactly a year ago were the F-pace and GLS, both of which I bought from Delhi for a handsome discount over Mumbai dealers qoutes.

Delhi now has 3 MB dealers so it's a bloodbath currently which is great for discounts.
Mumbai too has 3 MB dealers and discounts were much more aggressive here 3 years ago when the third was appointed. But I believe Shaman has now taken a backseat on the sales front and focusing on service while his cousin who owns Landmark is focusing on the sales.

Both the E200 Expression and 530i Msport are available after hard haggling in Delhi for approx 9L-10L off which brings the ex-showroom to 50L
Audi Mumbai though is very aggressive on the A6 tech which can be pushed to approx 45-47L ex-showroom

I think this is the best time to buy from this segment. I doubt these prices will come back soon as both the E and 5 will have facelifts out very soon and this maybe the stock clearance phase as most dealers are out of stock or down to their last car. The A6 has had to discount due to peer pressure I guess.

However, my learning has been that if you want a good deal, start looking in November for more stock availability. The automakers have gotten smarter and shut or slowed down production. Hence by December the stocks are pretty much nil. Atleast this has been the scenario past 2 years.
Another change this year has been that MBIL corrected it's targets and has already achieved it hence there is no urge to pump stocks or flood discounts. When the leader does this, the other follow suit. Thus no big aggression from BMW either.

2021 will be interesting, especially March, wonder what discounts will be offered or how aggressive automakers will be.

Last edited by Sahil : 15th December 2020 at 12:26.
Sahil is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th December 2020, 12:48   #8109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post

Both the E200 Expression and 530i Msport are available after hard haggling in Delhi for approx 9L-10L off which brings the ex-showroom to 50L
Audi Mumbai though is very aggressive on the A6 tech which can be pushed to approx 45-47L ex-showroom
Aren't there their territory issues with BMW dealers? I had spoken to someone at the Chandigarh BMW dealership few months back who told me he cannot sell me a car if I dont have an address proof for PB, HR or HP. Similarly had contacted the Cochin dealer for infact a demo vehicle on sale and had received a similar response from them as well.
Old 15th December 2020, 14:04   #8110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvb8530 View Post
Aren't there their territory issues with BMW dealers? I had spoken to someone at the Chandigarh BMW dealership few months back who told me he cannot sell me a car if I dont have an address proof for PB, HR or HP. Similarly had contacted the Cochin dealer for infact a demo vehicle on sale and had received a similar response from them as well.
As they say- All is fair in love and war. Most big dealers in big cities are struggling and have bent the rules. Atleast between MH and NCR, the territory issues are only good on paper and not implemented practically. This hold true not just for the Germans but also JLR.
If you push hard enough, no one wants to see a sale go to anothers hands.
Old 15th December 2020, 14:37   #8111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Friend got a net discount of 12.5L on the 530i Msport last month. Bargain hard. There are multiple points of consideration. December year end. Petrol model which sells less. Upcoming facelift, the LCI. And I'd suggest go for everything. BSI, BRI for the longest term. Your friend will have a major peace of mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan_n8 View Post
I understand Bangalore doesn't have a bargaining culture, however can tell from experience we managed to get 10.5 big ones knocked off in a December purchase on a 3GT. This being a fiver, should be definitely north of 8 lakhs. A friend picked up a 520D at a 7.5 Lakh discount in the month of August and he is the non-bargaining types. All the best , you won't regret getting home this very special machine
Finally paid the booking amount deal was closed at 61.6, including three years BSI plus and one year additional warranty. He will take the delivery early next month as he is heading out for vacation.

Thanks for your inputs guys, much appreciated.
AtheK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2020, 15:39   #8112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Finally paid the booking amount deal was closed at 61.6, including three years BSI plus and one year additional warranty. He will take the delivery early next month as he is heading out for vacation.

So what was the discount finally? Can't make out anything from that onroad price as it is different in different states.

Also which model was chosen?
Old 15th December 2020, 17:00   #8113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post

Sounds like a good deal. Does this 61.6 OTR include insurance?
Old 15th December 2020, 17:41   #8114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
So what was the discount finally? Can't make out anything from that onroad price as it is different in different states.

Also which model was chosen?
It was around 71 if I am not mistaken, Ex-Showroom is 56 Lacs. Model decided is 530i Sport.
AtheK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2020, 18:20   #8115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathPig View Post
Any clue what sort of increase this will be? I've not followed exact prices of cars closely until now, and therefore do not have any past experience or patterns to draw on.
It's common for manufactures to hike prices in January every year. Expect something in the range of 2-3% hike. And the price hike won't be fixed for all vehciles in the lineup. In case of Kia, it would be least for Sonet while highest for the Seltos and Carnival.

The hiked price would be applicable for all deliveries from 1st of January, 2021.

The Seltos had a hike of 35K on January 2020. Now, that's substansial.

Last edited by Tojo_GotBhp : 15th December 2020 at 18:23.
Tojo_GotBhp is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks