Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2011, 11:19   #586
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

My wife has bought a Sunlight Copper coloured Alto K10 from Khivraj Motors, Shastri Nagar outlet.
Final price: Rs 360041/-
Discounts offered: Flat 15000/-
Freebies- Free 3M sunfilm, mud flaps, Steering cover. Perfume, idol,pack of tissues( good quality), and a very cutely packed chocolate pouch.overall it seemed like a good deal, and we didnt want to haggle further cause we were lamenting not buying a car while in Delhi where i could have used my Uncles` faridabad address to get a fully loaded Figo for around 5.3Lacs on-road.
Old 22nd June 2011, 11:56   #587
mkh
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
My understanding is that you can get a second layer of clear coat on top of the existing one.

For instance, this FAQ briefly mentions a clear coat with UV restriction that can be applied on top of a pre-existing clear coat.

Exactly. "True" Teflon like the ones on cooking pans can never be applied to cars from what I understand. It's just regular car wax/polish that's passed off as "Teflon".

I begged, pleaded, threatened Pride Honda not to put Teflon on my Civic. At one point I even offered them to pocket the full INR 8000 (handling charges) but just to leave the car alone. They were adamant and quoted "standard procedure" and mucked up the car with their so-called "Teflon" coat. On delivery day it just broke me to see so many swirl marks on an otherwise shiny new car. I couldn't do anything as the Form 20 etc. happens before they do their "handling" nonsense :(.

spadix
Ok, i thought you are mistaking Teflon with Clear coat Another layer can be applied but i am 100% sure none gives that, and free, no way! Its strange that your requests were not accepted, its you who is paying, they cannot go against your wishes. Usually what they do as "free teflon" is apply cheap glaze worth 100rs using a wool pad. That is what causes swirls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Had a talk with the salesman today.Now getting.

Free Insurance
Corporate Discount
Dealer Discount
Door Visors
Interior Chrome Panel
Body Cover
3M Car Detailing.
If you are getting 3M car detailing as free, most likely its a waste, else if you know and can stand there and inspect, then fine. It will cause more damage than benefit if not done properly.
Old 22nd June 2011, 12:35   #588
BHPian

Just received SMS that Sterling Nissan Gurgaon is offering cash discount of Rs. 50000 of Nissan Micra Top end Petrol model only. They have some cars left in the backlog. All these cars are 2010 model.

Nissan Micra top model costs Rs 5,97,000 OTR in Gurgaon and after the discount, it will be somewhere aroun 5.5 lakhs.
Old 22nd June 2011, 12:53   #589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Ok, i thought you are mistaking Teflon with Clear coat Another layer can be applied but i am 100% sure none gives that, and free, no way! Its strange that your requests were not accepted, its you who is paying, they cannot go against your wishes. Usually what they do as "free teflon" is apply cheap glaze worth 100rs using a wool pad. That is what causes swirls.

If you are getting 3M car detailing as free, most likely its a waste, else if you know and can stand there and inspect, then fine. It will cause more damage than benefit if not done properly.
I have said no to the Teflon and will be taking something against that.Guys please suggest.
Old 22nd June 2011, 13:09   #590
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki gold offer and saw Honda City Ad for the first time after price reduction.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-ad0420708.png

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-ad0330311.png
Old 22nd June 2011, 14:43   #591
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have said no to the Teflon and will be taking something against that.Guys please suggest.
Just to know the "real value" as the dealer to give something that costs the SAME as teflon and see the reaction
You can see something more useful as maybe mats, seat covers( adjusting the amount) or if nothing else, under chassis coating which is also a waste in some ways but not like the teflon.
If you are not getting Michelin tyres, opt for that upgrade, its worth it
Old 22nd June 2011, 14:55   #592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukderebail View Post
One clarification or doubt is that when we buy a new car Rs 5000/- odd is being charged as incidental charges, does it mean that we have to bribe the RTO for getting a new car registered.
What exactly is the head under which this charge is listed? Is it listed under "registration" or "handling charges"? If it's the latter, it's a scheme where dealers mint money by saying that it covers a Teflon coat, and all the incidental expenses in transporting cars from the stockyard to the delivery area.

If it's the former, then it's mostly money that goes to an RTO agent who is in cahoots with the dealer. Pride wanted to fleece me off INR 3000 for this "service". I declined (one of those rare wins I had over them) and got registration and number plates done by myself without a paisa of bribe. Total cost was INR 1025 (INR 400 for plates + INR 200 for registration fees + INR 200 for smart card + INR 200 for RTO service charge + INR 25 card postage charges).

As to why people should pay a bribe or an agent to get what's legally within their rights, there could be any number of answers. Suffice it to say that the most common explanations are the below -
  • RTO clerks'/officials' envy that you've bought a shiny new car by sitting in AC offices "doing nothing" whereas they toil away in ramshackle buildings with little to no facilities (partly true, partly not)
  • RTO officials' knowledge that they are indispensable in this situation - you can't drive an unregistered vehicle after all - so encashing on it
  • Cumbersome time-taking regulatory procedures which means people with little patience and agents having a field day

The solution to any of these problems is not population control or education or wealth redistribution or anything. It's simply to eliminate the middleman by having registration online, end-to-end.

That still leaves the MVI, of course but I haven't seen MVIs demanding bribes. Yet. Maybe they'll start if registration goes online.

Quote:
Another layer can be applied but i am 100% sure none gives that, and free, no way! Its strange that your requests were not accepted, its you who is paying, they cannot go against your wishes.
Come to think of it, you are right. Good clear coat costs good money, and is definitely not comparable cost-wise to the scam Teflon coat.

As to why the dealer didn't accept, well, I did have a couple of wins. I arranged finance and permanent registration on my own. So they were pissed off with me and ensured that I couldn't get anything else out of them :(.

Quote:
Rubber/monsoon floor mats are a must. Ask for the Teflon cost-equivalent and get things like body cover, idol, perfume etc. Monsoon mats + body cover alone will be ~4k INR at a Honda dealer for a Civic.

Regards,
spadix
spadix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2011, 15:07   #593
BHPian

Spadix, i believe that Rs 5000 is quoted as incidental charges, when asked for clarification the dealer told us that it is RTO charges for getting the vehicle registered. This is the lowest incidental charges all other high end cars are charged at Rs 10,000 and above. When it is mentioned in the quote itself it means that we are openly asked to pay bribe to get our new vehicle registered. Teflon coating etc is being charged additionally or offered as scheme by the dealer.
Old 22nd June 2011, 15:35   #594
BHPian

Hello all,
Mitsubishi guys are offering me cash discount of Rs one Lakh on their outlander model.
What is your opinion, with regard to the vehicle per se and the price. It would be about Rs 21 L on OTR.
Thanks in advance
Old 22nd June 2011, 16:54   #595
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
Hello all,
Mitsubishi guys are offering me cash discount of Rs one Lakh on their outlander model.
What is your opinion, with regard to the vehicle per se and the price. It would be about Rs 21 L on OTR.
Thanks in advance
Now why would one consider a illogical car? But then everything in life is not logical. And make sure you have a petrol pump handy or own one; otherwise after spending 21 lacs on this, petrol costs seems irrelevant... Had this hunk had a diesel heart, it would have been in the running...
Old 22nd June 2011, 17:56   #596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukderebail View Post
Spadix, i believe that Rs 5000 is quoted as incidental charges, when asked for clarification the dealer told us that it is RTO charges for getting the vehicle registered.
If that is the case I would request all new car buyers to take registration matters into their own hands. Like I pointed out in the last post I saved a pretty packet and of course there is the satisfaction of having done things the right way.

Another way out is to become a member of AASI and have them handle registration formalities for you. It'll work out much cheaper than getting it done by the dealer and its cronies.

Regards,
spadix
spadix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2011, 21:58   #597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just to know the "real value" as the dealer to give something that costs the SAME as teflon and see the reaction
You can see something more useful as maybe mats, seat covers( adjusting the amount) or if nothing else, under chassis coating which is also a waste in some ways but not like the teflon.
If you are not getting Michelin tyres, opt for that upgrade, its worth it
Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post

Come to think of it, you are right. Good clear coat costs good money, and is definitely not comparable cost-wise to the scam Teflon coat.

As to why the dealer didn't accept, well, I did have a couple of wins. I arranged finance and permanent registration on my own. So they were pissed off with me and ensured that I couldn't get anything else out of them :(.

Rubber/monsoon floor mats are a must. Ask for the Teflon cost-equivalent and get things like body cover, idol, perfume etc. Monsoon mats + body cover alone will be ~4k INR at a Honda dealer for a Civic.

Regards,
spadix
Ok will ask for rubber mats then.I am already getting Michelin Tires with the car.Thanks
Old 22nd June 2011, 22:25   #598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic

Ok will ask for rubber mats then.I am already getting Michelin Tires with the car.Thanks
Which Michelins exactly? Primacy LCs or XM1s?

And are they coming factory-fitted or are you getting them in exchange for the stock tyres?

Apologies if you've covered this before.

Regards,
spadix
Old 23rd June 2011, 06:19   #599
BHPian

Quote:
I got on offer freebies on A Star Sun control film, MGA car cover, Teflon coating and central remote locking, perfume was not given, it saved me i believe more than 10 k if i am not mistaken. Security plates were charged. Tubeless tyre of J K is already fitted as OEM in the car.
Old 23rd June 2011, 07:44   #600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Rubber Mats as mentioned a very handy thing to have.
Or you can try and opt for reverse sensors. Though i don't like them and don't have then installed on my Civic either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
Hello all,
Thanks in advance
It definately is a good deal, though nothing new. As mentioned by @dkaile you better own a petrol pump to run one as it is a guzzler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Now why would one consider a illogical car? But then everything in life is not logical. And make sure you have a petrol pump handy or own one; otherwise after spending 21 lacs on this, petrol costs seems irrelevant... Had this hunk had a diesel heart, it would have been in the running...
I absolutely and completely agree 100%

Last edited by mdsaab : 23rd June 2011 at 08:03.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks