Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2013, 08:09   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Preview & Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Here are the images of unwrapped Hyundai i10 Grand. The front looks nice but the rear design is not that interesting (to me at least).

Source:- Autocar UK
Look at the C pillars from Anshuman's pictures and what's shown here - there's a difference - it appears that this is the window size increase they've done specific to India.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2013, 08:10   #17
BHPian

Good stuff. Interesting to know that manufacturers are having preview events as well before the car is finalized/launched.

Btw, is it only me or is this car resembling a punto a lot. At least in the covered up version.
Old 7th August 2013, 08:14   #18
Senior - BHPian

Whats I expected from this hatchback is the Diesel autobox - unfortunately I do not think that is going to be the case.
Hyundai is taking the strategy of Maruti - swamp the customer with choice, so that the cannibalization stays within the brand.
Old 7th August 2013, 08:31   #19
BHPian

From the pics of the test mule,i can't help but notice a strong connection to the Getz. The size and shape reminds me a lot of it. Although,it could be because i drive a Getz that i feel so.
It seems like Hyundai's got a potential winner in their hands. Now that they are plonking a diesel engine,Maruti for one,will sure be worried as they've got tough times ahead!!! Hope they price it right.
Old 7th August 2013, 09:10   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Other Points:

• This car is set to be globally unveiled next month at the Frankfurt Auto Show (10th September, 2013).
• The car we got to drive was from a pre-production batch, so there is a possibility of minor changes in the launch car.
Its about time we move to video reviews as well. When ever you guys get a chance to do a proper review of the car, can you all go out prepared this time to try your hands at a video review as well? Just a short walk around and explanation of features etc. Should be fun and there are some things that pictures simply can't convey as efficiently as a video can.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2013, 09:21   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

I expect a big chunk of Suzuki Ritz sales to be taken away by Hyundai if they price this right.
I know of many people who wanted a diesel mill and for whom Swift was out of budget, buying a Ritz or Beat. Many of whom have bought those cars even if they haven't liked the looks.
For such people, this will be a wonderful option.

A decent looking car with a small fuel efficient diesel motor with decent power and to top it all its from Hyundai (Perhaps the most trusted car brand in our country after MS)...All the makings of a winner.

But the name is one thing which I didn't like (if they really name it this way)...Sounds like a new phone by Samsung.
If Hyundai are looking at this review (which I'm sure they would be) and are open to making some small changes, Like others here, even I feel that an "i15" is better suited than the "grand" tag and the "i15" feels more "Hyundai"ish and more in sync with their line up

With the many variants that Hyundai offers, I won't be surprised if the prices are in the 5-9 Lakhs bracket (On road Bangalore prices from base petrol to top end diesel)
The Dasara/Deepavali timing may ensure very good initial volumes as well.

.anshuman
, thanks for this wonderful "under-cover operation" err.. review .
humor apart, is this "under wraps review" a TBHP first?

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 7th August 2013 at 09:44.
Old 7th August 2013, 09:22   #22
BHPian

The front and back look as aggressive as the i20's. Swift is surely in for some trouble, perhaps the i20 too! But Hyundai won't mind that I suppose.
Old 7th August 2013, 09:24   #23
BHPian

In the Autocar review there is a podcast in which you can see the interiors quite clearly
Go to 1:38

IMO,the beige inserts look tacky and the rear AC vents don't look good either.The steering wheel seems like the one that is available in the current i10 instead of something like the one on i20

Last edited by Marauder : 7th August 2013 at 09:44. Reason: Specific time in video added
Marauder is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2013, 09:33   #24
BHPian

What changes do they made to Petrol engine? Are there any improvement of FE in the Petrol variant? FE of i10 is pathetic for a hatch which makes harder to opt for an AT variant.
Old 7th August 2013, 09:44   #25
Senior - BHPian

I hope Hyundai rethinks on name for this vehicle. Adding prefix/suffix to an existing name doesn't establish a separate identity for the vehicle, past examples Indica Vista, Safari storme.

As this vehicle has been made on a different platform, it would be better to drop i10 from vehicle name.
Old 7th August 2013, 09:53   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
I hope Hyundai rethinks on name for this vehicle. Adding prefix/suffix to an existing name doesn't establish a separate identity for the vehicle, past examples Indica Vista, Safari storme.

As this vehicle has been made on a different platform, it would be better to drop i10 from vehicle name.
Grand i10 just sounds like a LWB variant of the i10.I was hoping that Hyundai don't name it i15 but this even worse.

But,in the case of the Safari Storme,Indica Vista etc. the thing that lead to the cars not being identified separately was that they looked similar to their predecessors unlike the Grand i10.It's a new car and looks like a new car.
Old 7th August 2013, 09:54   #27
Senior - BHPian

Nice effort by Hyundai to take on Maruti in terms of numbers or brand recognition by introducing new models, (diesel) to take on no. 1 spot in India.

The rear of the Grand reminds me of new Peugeot 208.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Grand i10 Preview-peugeot2081.gif  

Old 7th August 2013, 10:01   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post

Globally, this car replaces the i10. In India (and possibly some other countries) as well, they will place this between the i10 and the i20.
Will take a while I guess to phase out the current i10..
Old 7th August 2013, 10:06   #29
BHPian

Brillaint Preview.So has the Swift killer from Hyundai finally arrived??Pricing and packaging are very important in the Indian market and nobody knows it better than Hyundai.This will definitely force MSIL to load more features into the Swift.

PS:Hyundai Grande i10 is a stupid name.Sounds more like a limited edition variant from MSIL with nothing but stickers.Please make it i15!!
KINI is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2013, 10:11   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
Brillaint Preview.So has the Swift killer from Hyundai finally arrived??Pricing and packaging are very important in the Indian market and nobody knows it better than Hyundai.This will definitely force MSIL to load more features into the Swift.

PS:Hyundai Grande i10 is a stupid name.Sounds more like a limited edition variant from MSIL with nothing but stickers.Please make it i15!!
Absolutely agree. i10 Grand is as stupid sounding as "Galaxy Grand"... These suffixes somehow feel very cheap on cars. Anyway the car is larger than i10 & smaller than i20. i15 indeed is a logical name. At least not as childish as "Grand". And justified when the car is totally different. Even with a new platform.

Last edited by Reinhard : 7th August 2013 at 10:16.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks