Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2013, 10:29   #151
Senior - BHPian

Spoke about this to my friend working in hyundai dealership . Here are his comments.
1. Vehicles are dispatched already to metro cities . They are in yard only and will be open to public on Sep 1.
2. Their colleagues who went for training comment that the vehicle is really good. Not much negative comments on the car.
3. The 3 cylinder engine worries were there for them due to the Accent history. But Hyundai has rectified those problems. 4. Good fuel efficiency expected.
5. Production is done only for a small batch . Hyundai is waiting for market response after launch and then resume full production.
undead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2013, 11:42   #152
BHPian

re: Hyundai Grand i10 Preview

For someone who wants an i10 but would like more space and at the same time would not like to buy the i20, the Grand i10 is ideal. Between the the i10 and i20 there exists a niche that can be tapped into and now with a diesel option available below i20 more people will be happy.

A good thing about Hyundai is that they give the option of several variants to choose from in each of their models.
Old 27th August 2013, 07:34   #153
Senior - BHPian

Saw this car yesterday. Couple of points.
Interiors are superb. It is dual tone.
The dash may be a little too high and may be even claustrophobic to shorter driver's. Steering mounted controls and umpteen options.
Front Head lights seems small
The new alloy design is a looker
Rear space is mediocre.

What I saw was an asta crdi.
govigov is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2013, 14:04   #154
Senior - BHPian

I want to know how are the interiors different from what was spied earlier? The vents and dials do not look the same.

Are we getting a cheapened interior? Or was the earlier spy pic of the interior actually of another Hyundai in development stage?

Image Rights-

www.thekoreancarblog.com
www.theautomotiveindia.com
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Grand i10 Preview-i15.jpg  

Hyundai Grand i10 Preview-interior-vs-interior2.jpg  

nik_kapur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2013, 14:16   #155
BHPian

Here is a picture of leaked interiors by Autocar India. The car is scheduled for a launch on 3rd April. From what I percieve, the high points of the interiors are:
  • Circular vents
  • New steering wheel, different from i10''s housing audio controls
  • A new ICE unit which in this picture, looks similar to RCD systems of VW's
  • 3 knobs for AC, which could mean it's an Auto Climate Control
  • Dual-tone interiors
  • Dual-textured and coloured seats
  • A new gearlever
  • A slight baseball cap effect above stereo system, a la Hyundai Eon

Hyundai Grand i10 Preview-image.jpg

On viewing other pictures, it seems to be clear that the highest trim would be Asta which would have alloy wheels and a whole gamut of features. Below this comes the Sportz variant which loses Alloys and some more features. Other trim levels are likely to be Era, Magna etc. I'm keenly waiting for this launch!

EDIT: BHPian nik_kapur has posted better pictures than mine. I observed it later when I had posted my post! Thanks nik_kapur!

Keep revvin'
S@ndy

Last edited by S@ndy : 28th August 2013 at 14:23.
S@ndy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2013, 14:57   #156
Senior - BHPian

Below is the rear of the car. This was the only picture that I was able to take. The interiors can be slightly seen. It has round dials.

Hyundai Grand i10 Preview-dsc_0177.jpg
govigov is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2013, 15:24   #157
BHPian

Found these images- interior looks good!

Image credit- Motortrend India
link-http://www.motortrend.in/autonews/28...r-revealed.htm

Hyundai Grand i10 Preview-grand-i10-interior.jpg

Hyundai Grand i10 Preview-front-seats.jpg
skyline gtr r34 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2013, 15:30   #158
BHPian

The interiors look better than the i10. Does it have ACC? Guessing all these features would be on the Asta variant.
aneezan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2013, 19:36   #159
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Thank you for the pictures, guys!

Some observations:

1) The Grand i10's design is one of understated elegance. This is in contrast to the cars with fluidic sculpture design language which were very stylish but not understated. It must be the influence of Hyundai's new styling head, a German.

2) The steering looks nice and chunky (good) but seems to have too many buttons (not so good).

3) The seats seem to have more contours and bolstering all around with adjustable headrests at the rear (good) but without 60-40 split while the front ones have fixed headrests (not so good).

4) Despite being from South Korea, which is an LHD country, it's fantastic of Hyundai to provide RHD controls on all their cars for India This is in sharp contrast to the European manufacturers who simply shove down their preferences down the throats of Indians.

5) I hope I'm proven wrong, but the car does not seem to have six airbags, if the front seats in the pictures are any indication.

6) Hyundai have used the black and beige combination to very good effect in the interiors The dash top is black, which would prevent reflections. Parts that are frequently touched or used (steering wheel, power window switches, door handles, gear lever, audio controls, headrests, floor carpets etc.) are all done in black, which would prevent them from getting dirty.

7) Hyundai seem to be aiming to set the Guinness world record for the size of the hazard warning switch!

It's now upto Hyundai to get the pricing and variants right. I hope they do not charge too much of a premium for the Diesel engine (which is made here) or for the automatic gearbox (which I believe is imported). And I hope the labour charges are the same as those of the i10/Santro and not those of the i20/Getz.

Last edited by RSR : 28th August 2013 at 19:42.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2013, 20:44   #160
BHPian

I don't understand why the Hyundai gone for 3 cylinder experiment again with this one. It seems to me that Hyundai made a plan that Grand i10 shouldn't be a direct competition with i20 diesel on one hand and it would give an option for those who want a diesel Hyundai machine with cheaper price than i20.

However, I look forward for the official release and its specks. All the Best, Hyundai Grand i10.
Old 28th August 2013, 20:58   #161
BHPian

Autocar posted new pics. It looks promising. Got i20 traits at the rear.
Old 28th August 2013, 21:00   #162
BHPian

Old 28th August 2013, 21:02   #163
BHPian

Old 28th August 2013, 21:03   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post

Some observations:

7) Hyundai seem to be aiming to set the Guinness world record for the size of the hazard warning switch!
Well, the whole thing is not the hazard warning, the extension on both sides are blanks for features that may not be available in the Indian market
nipcarlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2013, 21:24   #165
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipcarlover View Post
Well, the whole thing is not the hazard warning, the extension on both sides are blanks for features that may not be available in the Indian market
Oops, my bad! Thank you, you're absolutely right - the sides are indeed blanks with the switch itself located at the centre.

My eyes were deceived by the resolution of the pictures. It would be quite hilarious if they were to use a hazard warning switch of that size

Last edited by RSR : 28th August 2013 at 21:26.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks