Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2013, 21:47   #166
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyundai Grand i10 Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
I want to know how are the interiors different from what was spied earlier? The vents and dials do not look the same.

Are we getting a cheapened interior? Or was the earlier spy pic of the interior actually of another Hyundai in development stage?

www.theautomotiveindia.com
This one is an AT and it actually seem to have triptronic functionality! Diesel AT with triptronics will be great!
Old 28th August 2013, 22:14   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
This one is an AT and it actually seem to have triptronic functionality! Diesel AT with triptronics will be great!
Amen! I would gladly go for this, if it is on offer. But, i think that it may be petrol just like the i10 and the i20.
Old 28th August 2013, 23:10   #168
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Even Elantra is not having tiptronics IIRC. How come they have decided to give it to a small car?

Diesel AT, if true, would be great though!
Old 28th August 2013, 23:24   #169
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Even Elantra is not having tiptronics IIRC. How come they have decided to give it to a small car?

Elantra very much gets tip tronic. 6 speed AT.

Even the Verna gets tip tronic on the 4 speed AT.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2013, 23:40   #170
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I think both the Fluidic Elantra (6-speed auto) as well as the Fluidic Verna (4-speed auto) have the tiptronic function on their gearboxes.

It's only the i20 and the i10 automatics that do without the tiptronic mode, though all 4 gears can be selected manually by smartly using the four modes - L, 2, D with O/D button off and D with O/D button on. Since the Grand i10 gets tipronic now, the next generation i20 should also get the same.

Diesel AT would be a fantastic option, but unfortunately, I don't think we are going to get it any time soon. Hyundai can easily plonk in the Fluidic Verna's 4-speed autobox in both the Grand i10 and the i20, but they are not doing it for unknown reasons. In fact, all manufacturers seem to be just waiting for someone else to take the lead in introducing a sub-1 million rupee diesel car. Someone just has to do it, the others will immediately follow seeing the roaring response. I guess the Renault-Nissan alliance may decide to take the plunge first with a sub-1 million rupee diesel CVT, but we have to wait a while before that happens.

Last edited by RSR : 28th August 2013 at 23:42.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2013, 03:20   #171
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Elantra very much gets tip tronic. 6 speed AT.

Even the Verna gets tip tronic on the 4 speed AT.
Thanks guys. I stand corrected.

Somehow I had the wrong impression that Hyundai uses the same box in its cars!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
I think both the Fluidic Elantra (6-speed auto) as well as the Fluidic Verna (4-speed auto) have the tiptronic function on their gearboxes.
e. I guess the Renault-Nissan alliance may decide to take the plunge first with a sub-1 million rupee diesel CVT, but we have to wait a while before that happens.
My bet is on VW. Specially since they have tasted success with the GT TSi now.
Old 30th August 2013, 15:19   #172
MAS
Senior - BHPian

I had a one day trip to Ambur and back yesterday and saw the new i10 grand . The grey one was a 1.2 Litre Petrol Sportz and the Silver one (apologies for the bad quality of the photo as the roads were bad, it was raining and the car was driven fast) is the CRDI Sportz.

The car looked good from the rear. The front looked more like the Eon and was not to my liking. The interiors looked good and better than the current i10.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Grand i10 Preview-i10-grand.jpg  

Hyundai Grand i10 Preview-i10-grand-1.jpg  

Hyundai Grand i10 Preview-i10-grand-2.jpg  

Hyundai Grand i10 Preview-i10-grand-3.jpg  

Hyundai Grand i10 Preview-i10-grand-4.jpg  

MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 16:51   #173

Hyundai Grand i10 brochure has been revealed and must say, if priced well, the Grand might give the Swift a run for its money. Current i10 Asta (top variant) starts at Rs. 5.50 lakhs ex-showroom and even if the Grand's Asta variant is priced at Rs. 5.80 lakhs it will still be almost equivalent to the Swift Zxi.

One thing that's strange though is Hyundai didn't go for the ABS and Airbags in Asta or even Sportz variant. Personally, manufacturers should focus more on safety, its high time people overlooked such things.

Also, what remains to be seen is how Hyundai decides the pricing of the diesel Grand i10. Swift Ldi is priced at Rs. 5.58 ex-showroom Delhi, so, may be we can expect cut-throat pricing from Hyundai. FYI Hyundai i20 starts at Rs. 5.99 lakhs ex-showroom and that pricing should give Hyundai enough room to price the Grand Era around the Rs. 5.50 lakh range.

Your take?

Brochure source: http://carsizzler.com/news-detail/00...September.html
luxo_barge is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 17:09   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxo_barge View Post
One thing that's strange though is Hyundai didn't go for the ABS and Airbags in Asta or even Sportz variant. Personally, manufacturers should focus more on safety, its high time people overlooked such things.
Brochure source: http://carsizzler.com/news-detail/00...September.html
Thank You @luxo_barge

As per the brochure, ABS & front 2 Airbags are optional on Asta. I believe it is pretty much in line with i10 & i20, where the Asta gets the safety features & other variants do not.

IMO they have done to make sure few more people got the top-end minus these safety features & save money on their purchase .

I agree with you & all, that safety features should be made mandatory in India, & not sold as "options".
Old 30th August 2013, 17:36   #175
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Also, what remains to be seen is how Hyundai decides the pricing of the diesel Grand i10. Swift Ldi is priced at Rs. 5.58 ex-showroom Delhi, so, may be we can expect cut-throat pricing from Hyundai. FYI Hyundai i20 starts at Rs. 5.99 lakhs ex-showroom and that pricing should give Hyundai enough room to price the Grand Era around the Rs. 5.50 lakh range.
Good for Hyundai if it works that way. With the i10 Grand, they’re kind of repeating what they did with Accent and Verna – pushing the next generation car a segment up by selling old and new versions side by side.
Old 30th August 2013, 18:05   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Diesel AT with triptronics will be great!
Quote:
There will be no Diesel + Automatic. Only Petrol + Automatic will be available.
.anshuman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 18:06   #177
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hyundai Grand i10 brochure has been revealed and must say, if priced well, the Grand might give the Swift a run for its money. Current i10 Asta (top variant) starts at Rs. 5.50 lakhs ex-showroom and even if the Grand's Asta variant is priced at Rs. 5.80 lakhs it will still be almost equivalent to the Swift Zxi.

Your take?
I expected Hyundai to equip the Sportz with a driver's airbag (as in the Eon Sportz and the i10 Sportz Option), if not both driver's airbag and ABS (as in the i20 Sportz) as standard features, but they haven't Instead, they have stupidly made safety features optional on the top end Asta, leaving it to the buyers to choose - we all know how this is going to turn out as far as the mango man is concerned.

And why is there no mention of the automatic at all? Have they decided to launch it at a later date, after seeing the initial response to the manual variants?

Any way, apart from the lousy job they have done with the safety features, all the variants are well equipped otherwise The base Era gets all the absolute basic must have features, the Magna adds some cosmetics with plenty of useful comfort and convenience features for both front and rear seat occupants, the Sportz gets several cosmetic enhancements and gadgets galore while the Asta is very well loaded although safety has been made a paid option.

Hyundai should at least launch the Automatic version with ABS as a standard feature available across all variants.

After making safety optional, Hyundai simply cannot afford to get the prices wrong. The petrol's pricing should be more than that of the i10 Kappa2 only by ~ Rs.25k ex-showroom, and nothing more than that. The diesel, despite being a 4 valves per cyl. DOHC unit and making power (71PS@4000rpm) and torque (16.3kgm@1500~2750rpm) figures that are in the same range as all its rivals, is a 3-potter while all its direct rivals have 4 pots. It's locally manufactured and they should not charge more than one lac for it.

Last edited by RSR : 30th August 2013 at 18:24.
Old 30th August 2013, 20:33   #178
Senior - BHPian

Saw the vehicle is flesh today. But didnt get a chance to sit inside . It was a TD vehicle. It was the only vehicle available. Both the front and the rear looked good for me. It was the topend model. The friend in hyundai told me the this suspension is little better than the i20. Rear A/c Vent was a good addition . Going to TD it on 1st Sep.
Old 30th August 2013, 21:02   #179
Senior - BHPian

Doesn't make sense on the safety features (or rather the omission of it).
This is a degress from Hyundai.
And if they had to keep Airbags + ABS as optional, why not make them optional across all the trims?
Bad from Hyundai.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 23:35   #180
BHPian

Referring to the brochure leaked by carsizzler.com and the official Hyundai website, I have found some interesting comparisons between the existing i10 and the new Grand i10 (petrol). The higher figure is highlighted in bold.

What is interesting to me is that the new Grand i10 (petrol) has a significantly larger fuel tank and has larger/wider tyres than my i10. These two aspects (particularly the second one), offered by Hyndai, are of great benefit to the i10 owner, many of whom may be reluctant to change the stock tyres, as has been the case with the existing i10.

VARIANT-------------------i10---------Grand i10 (petrol)

Overall length (mm)
------3,585----------3,765
Overall width (mm)
-------1,595----------1,660
Overall height (mm)
------1,550----------1,520
Wheelbase (mm)---------2,380----------2,425
Front Track (mm)
---------1,400----------1,479
Rear Track (mm)
----------1,385----------1,493
Fuel Capacity (ltrs)