Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2013, 05:51   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHNOON View Post
Likely scenerio If the grand i10 is priced smartly....
1)Santro may be relegated to kaali peeli taxi. They may discontinue santro to private buyers and current i10 may become entry level hyundai passenger car
2) tata vistas etc sell even lesser and tata falls further down the ladder.
3) amongst the diesels ritz, beat , micro, pulse , punto ,vibe sales get hit. Swift,
Figo , polo , i 20 may take a bigger hit. Swift refresh may be hastened. The likes of fabia get discontinued sooner than later.
With the Datsun coming next year and hopefully with the k9k, this segment gets more interesting.
The swift, dezire, amaze, duster, ecosport and this i10 may just turn the best selling oil burners next year....
Those estimations look too far fetched, especially when the price has yet not been announced. Although, presumabely the Grand should sit 80-100k above the current i10 as it is an all new car into a new segment and not a special edition or something mild.
But because some people are also speculating prices like 40-60k over the current i10, I recon before we make any assumptions about the market response, we should first wait atleast for the prices to be revealed.
What if Hyundai performs an EcoSport stunt in the pricing? How we wish. :lol
Old 12th August 2013, 20:08   #122
BHPian

re: Hyundai Grand i10 Preview

Looks like the designers are running out of ideas. The i10 face looks similar to Micra/Pulse/New Alto

The design inspiration between car manufacturers looks a bit too strong now a days.
Old 12th August 2013, 20:25   #123
BHPian

This Grand i10 looks like a bigger, less fluidic Eon. With a hint of Micra, Datsun Go (don't kill me for this ), etc.
Old 12th August 2013, 22:04   #124
BHPian

The reviewer at India Today feels the 1.1L diesel is capable of 30 KMPL.

Quote:
Although no figures for the engine have been disclosed as yet, given its performance on some of the European cars, I expect the fuel efficiency of the Hyundai Grand i10 1.1 CRDi to be closer to 30kmpl
Looks to be the on the higher side to me. Let's see.

Link - http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/g.../1/298983.html
Old 12th August 2013, 22:22   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman2881 View Post
The reviewer at India Today feels the 1.1L diesel is capable of 30 KMPL.
Looks like the Hyundai marketing team has started doing what they are best at.

Will watch the reviews for real world numbers.
Old 12th August 2013, 23:32   #126
Team-BHP Support

So, my boss gave me paid-off for tomorrow. Here I am with a bit more free time at my disposal -

Presenting my sketch of what the sedan could look like. Based on the Hyundai official picture. No changes made till almost 50% of the rear door.

Hyundai Grand i10 Preview-hyundai-i10-grand-sedan.jpg

Looking forward to the actual sedan, as I feel my 15 mins work looks a lot better than DZire/ Amaze. Hyundai designers should be able to do a whole lot better!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 12th August 2013 at 23:49.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 23:38   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Presenting my sketch of what the sedan could look like.
That's pretty cool stuff you made. That mirror effect on the floor is an icing on the cake.

Cheers.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2013, 00:23   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Looking forward to the actual sedan, as I feel my 15 mins work looks a lot better than DZire/ Amaze. Hyundai designers should be able to do a whole lot better!
Hell yeah. But, let me tell you your sketch is very good. And by the looks of it, it is also under 4 meters, hehe.
ahmad.007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2013, 10:55   #129
BHPian

Saw the car on the NICE road last sunday.Probably an advertisement shoot.
Looked quiet neat and much bigger than the regular i10.
Old 13th August 2013, 11:12   #130
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai might plan to map i10 Grand petrol version against the price of petrol Ritz and diesel against the petrol Swift. This could well be possible as they have now started local production of diesel motors instead of importing them (till now i20, verna etc are operating on imported diesel motors)

- Making impact on both Swift & Ritz sales.
- Giving an option of space and diesel motor at the price of petrol with better trunk space then Swift.
- The diesel being 3 Cylender and cannot match the performance of DDIS / Multijet, and for people with budget to afford Swift / Punto will continue to do so without seriously considering i 10 diesel version.
- This could be taxi segment player too - pricing will decide becuase the car is tuned for economy and city taxi's (where CNG is not mandatory) might look at this. Beat has very poor seating space and boot to generate interest in this segment, more so it looks tiny whereas i 10 grand diesel might tick on several boxes in terms of taxi segment expectations as Santro & Ascent has done in past

I think in a year or so, we will have choices at nearly 10k difference among large manufacturers - tough times for compitition and good time for buyers. MSIL is planning to bring a 2 cyl diesel motor in WagonR to add further spice in the market.

Last edited by i74js : 13th August 2013 at 11:13.
Old 13th August 2013, 11:27   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

The car looks better than the regular i10. May be I will differ for the looks of the rear too. The new rounded rear is better than the i10 IMO. And excellent preview by Teambhp with the obvious limitations.

Just pardon my ignorance, where is Hyundai slotting the i10 Grand compared to the regular i10?
Old 15th August 2013, 00:28   #132
BHPian

Autocar says that diesel i10 base version will be priced @ 5 lakhs. Now what is the USP of this vehicle? I can get a proper 4 cylinder TDCi Figo for the same cost. Hyundai will have a tough competition if this is not priced properly.

Thanks, Prakash.
Old 15th August 2013, 01:19   #133
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakasse View Post
Autocar says that diesel i10 base version will be priced @ 5 lakhs. Now what is the USP of this vehicle? I can get a proper 4 cylinder TDCi Figo for the same cost. Hyundai will have a tough competition if this is not priced properly.

Thanks, Prakash.
1. Better interior quality.
2. Fresh looks.
3. Highly fuel efficient diesel engine.
4. Better service and resale value- to name a few.

But I get your point. Figo has seen it all before when the diesel Beat was launched. However, there is a big deterrence between Hyundai/ Chevrolet in the Indian market.

The real ace will be the sedan. No doubt about it.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2013, 16:10   #134
BHPian

With regards to a small comparo between hyundai i10 grand diesel and figo, i decided to put down a few points from my mind.

Engine:

8V SOHC - FGT turbo on the figo vs (i am assuming the 3 cyl is the same diesel engine without one cylinder) 16V DOHC 3 Cyl - FGT Turbo on the i10 grand.

+NVH on the figo should be better theoritically since it has 4 cylinders and any sort of vibration will be better controlled.

Personal opinion: However, as an owner, i do have a feeling that the figo's diesel sounds like a tractor.

Pickup up and driveability:

I think this will be going to the figo as well but i'll just reserve my opinions since i haven't driven the i10.

Personal opinion: My figo feels very wierd off the line and the pickup is definitely good compared to swift and punto and that is the reason i feel the figo might be equal or maybe better the i10 with regards to tractability and driveability.

Interiors:

This is a no-brainer: i10 grand wins by default since i find the interiors of the figo feel quite a bit plain to my likes, and one look at the Entertainment and AC control panel makes me wish that the figo came with atleast the fiesta's dash. Are you listening ford?

Comfort:

I have had no issues with the figo, pretty good for me but i feel the height adjustment feels fake; the reason being that there seems to be some sort of item that seems to rise giving you a feeling that your bum is being lifted and contrary to that belief, you aren't going anywhere. The i10 maybe better than the figo here but maybe i am being a bit biased toward the i10.

Service:

I am not talking about this since service seems to be applying toward how an individual is at the service centre. So i am not commenting about it.

Overall, i definitely feel the i10 grand has what it takes to challenge the likes of ford's hatch.
Arch-Angel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2013, 17:05   #135
BHPian

The Grand i10 would certainly find its space in the crowded small car segment. Seems to be a 4.5 seater, if the regular i10 is more of a 4 seater and i20 is a 5 seater! This car should attack the Ritz and leave i20 to pitch against the Swift in terms of pure pricing against value offered.

Along with the sedan version the Grand duo could certainly dislocate Brio-Amaze, Sail sisters, Indica-Indigo CS but I doubt if the Swift-Dzire would lose their position soon, though Maruti would have a mild headache before hitting the bed each day!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks