Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2013, 06:27   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Good news and bad news from my perspective. The launch of the DQ200 in more cars should hopefully mean that they think the have solved the reliability issues, and should be good for resale values of the Superb 1.8TSi. The bad news is that my Vento petrol becomes an obsolete model less than a year after I bought it.
Hayek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2013, 08:00   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW Vento GT TSI to launch on 3rd October 2013

This would be a good buy keeping aside the infamous After Sales and provided the pricing is good which is unlikely.

Power wise, I do not think it will affect anything since the power output is the same as the 1.6 and it would be the top that will suffer probably due to the smaller sized engine.
Reading one of the comparisons between the 1.6 and 1.2 TSI Polo in one of the GT TSI ownership threads, it was mentioned that the 1.6 had good top end compared to the better intial and mid on the TSI. That should remain more or less the same on the TSI Vento .

Bigger sized engines are a thing of the past anyway. Looking at Ford and VW, the future is small sized turbo engines.
F1 is going the same route which is the pinnacle of motorsports.

Regards
Old 27th September 2013, 10:47   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

A very logical move from VW which is replacing higher capacity gas guzzling engines with lower capacity engines that perform in same manner and adding newer technology like the DQ200

However, the point to reckon would be have they tweaked the suspension too to make it more fun to drive?

If i was to personally choose between the Polo and Vento, for this kind of engine non withstanding the small weight difference of 50kgs, I would still chose the Polo.
Old 27th September 2013, 10:50   #19
Senior - BHPian

People, what about the torque of the 1.2 TSI. Wont it enhance the drivability by a big margin even though the horsepower remains the same.

Also please drive the 1.6 and the 1.2 TSI. The 1.6 petrol in the Polo/Rapid/Vento is a lethargic engine. It takes time to wake up. The 1.2 TSI is way more free-revving. Without any exxageration; the 1.2 Kappa, 1.2 iVtech, 1.2 K-series are way more free-revving and little more fun in the city than the VW 1.6 mill.

Last edited by dipen : 27th September 2013 at 10:53.
Old 27th September 2013, 11:13   #20
BHPian

I believe VW's 1.2 TSi Vento will be getting an excise benefit for using an engine with a capacity of less than 1500 CC, even if the vehicle is more than 4 metres in length. The excise rate applicable will reduce from 27% to 24% and this should allow VW to price the 1.2 TSi Vento competitively even with a DSG gearbox.
jessie007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2013, 11:39   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahilkhurana View Post
This is an exciting news but sounds counter intuitive since they have not been able to meet the market demand for Polo GT TSI with uncertain waiting times.
In such a scenario, I don't see any point in launching another TSI + DSG combo in the market !!

VW is in no shortage of either DSG Boxes nor TSi Engines (told by someone who works in VW). They have major manufacturing plants at Kassels in Germany and Shanghai in China. In addition to this, the 1.2 Engine and 7-Speed DSG box are their bread and butter products which are mass produced and sold globally. (Kassels had a production capacity of 1500 DSG boxes per day way back in 2008; Even Shangai would be in similar range).

I think the supply constraints are more related to un-planned procurement and manufacturing of the GT variant alongwith volatile Indian currency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
Good news and bad news from my perspective. The launch of the DQ200 in more cars should hopefully mean that they think the have solved the reliability issues, and should be good for resale values of the Superb 1.8TSi. The bad news is that my Vento petrol becomes an obsolete model less than a year after I bought it.

Feel good and bad for you at the same time. I recollect you desperately looked and waited for a Vento AT when everybody else was buying the Citys and the Vernas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
People, what about the torque of the 1.2 TSI. Wont it enhance the drivability by a big margin even though the horsepower remains the same.

Also please drive the 1.6 and the 1.2 TSI. The 1.6 petrol in the Polo/Rapid/Vento is a lethargic engine. It takes time to wake up. The 1.2 TSI is way more free-revving. Without any exxageration; the 1.2 Kappa, 1.2 iVtech, 1.2 K-series are way more free-revving and little more fun in the city than the VW 1.6 mill.
It all boils down to the delivery of torque low down the rev-range. Same is the case with me. I find driving my Swift Diesel more entertaining than my friends Honda City I-Vtec owing to oodles of torque that the DDIS engine generates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyasachetan View Post
Spoke to vw palace cross in Bangalore, they have no news on this, the sa said the automatic vento deliveries have been delayed, hoping its because of the gt.
Really have hope it's the 1.4 tsi here.

Same here in Mumbai. The dealer told me that they have hardly delivered Vento Automatic models since last 6 months. Every manufacturer and dealer wants the weakest variants to be cleared first before the launch of a new model. Same is being done by Honda for the City Automatic.

http://www.team-bhp.com/news/honda-d...c-discontinued

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
I really wish they had plonked a bigger engine in this car , 1.2 105 BHP - so so really in my opinion , the vento is competing in a league where the figures for some are close to 120 BHP.

DSG absolutely a great thing but they cant afford to let the prices run away on this.

Overall i was trying to put myself a few months back when i was looking to buy a sedan , would this have excited me - yes the DSG would definitely have been attractive , 105 BHP - no , my Fabia gave me that.

Internationally, the Yeti, Golf, Beetle and Seat Ibiza are sold with variants that have the 1.2TSI and DSG combo and all of them have reported decent performance inspite of the fact that some of these are bigger and heavier than the Vento.

Some reviews:
http://www.whatcar.com/car-reviews/s.../summary/65070

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/...ti-1.2-tsi-dsg

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/...t-drive-review

http://www.pocket-lint.com/review/72...tsi-dsg-review

I hope that helps.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote,
click here (How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP).

We advise you to read the
Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by moralfibre : 27th September 2013 at 12:50. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 27th September 2013, 11:56   #22
BHPian

I hope VW comes up with the 1.4 TSi instead of 1.2 TSi. If so, I will cancel my Polo GT TSi booking, and book the Vento TSi.

Currently for the Polo TSi there is a minimum waiting period of 3 months in Bangalore. Hopefully, VW concentrates more on quicker deliveries.
Old 27th September 2013, 11:58   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulsharma2008 View Post

Internationally, the Yeti, Golf, Beetle and Seat Ibiza are sold with variants that have the 1.2TSI and DSG combo and all of them have reported decent performance inspite of the fact that some of these are bigger and heavier than the Vento.

Some reviews:
http://www.whatcar.com/car-reviews/s.../summary/65070

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/...ti-1.2-tsi-dsg

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/...t-drive-review

http://www.pocket-lint.com/review/72...tsi-dsg-review

I hope that helps.
All these have a diffrent 1.2 TSI motor than what is put in the Polo. Do your research before posting.
Old 27th September 2013, 12:34   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
If i was to personally choose between the Polo and Vento, for this kind of engine non withstanding the small weight difference of 50kgs, I would still chose the Polo.
Do share - why? Just curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
The bad news is that my Vento petrol becomes an obsolete model less than a year after I bought it.
That is always going to be on the cards (for all of us, not only you), no. If I were you, I wouldn't worry too much - not unless you are enamored by the new engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulsharma2008 View Post
. . .
On a side note, you might want to start using the multi-quote feature going ahead.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2013, 12:35   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
All these have a different 1.2 TSI motor than what is put in the Polo. Do your research before posting.
I beg to differ on this point. All these cars use the same 105Bhp Engine/175 Nm (+ 3% depending on country to country) Source: respective links that i posted.

Correct me again if I am wrong!
Old 27th September 2013, 12:37   #26
BHPian

No, I don't want this. While, 1.2 TSI on Vento is a great thing, I still want a manual shifter.

And I'm hoping VW will do that anyway. With Rapid. Which will follow after 6 months with a lower price.
Old 27th September 2013, 12:43   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats07 View Post
No, I don't want this. While, 1.2 TSI on Vento is a great thing, I still want a manual shifter.

And I'm hoping VW will do that anyway. With Rapid. Which will follow after 6 months with a lower price.
I found even the TD of the 1.2 dsg VERY addictive!!! I wanna get the car so badly but due to various reasons decided to wait till next may.
Old 27th September 2013, 12:53   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
All these have a diffrent 1.2 TSI motor than what is put in the Polo. Do your research before posting.
How different it is Prithwi? Probably Rahul listed a wrong example of MK7 Golf, but the point he tried to make holds good – that the same 1.2 motor is an entry level option for bigger VAG cars, a segment above.

Below is a comparison of the 2010 Polo, 2011 Jetta, and the 2010 Golf. I have included the2010 Golf (MK6) only for comparison purpose. The specs looks to be exactly same as what is listed for the GT TSI.

VW Vento TSI Launched at Rs.9.99 lakhs-vw-cars.jpg
Comparison from www.oneshift.com
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2013, 13:35   #29
BHPian

Just to get some confirmation, does VW see some tax advantage when using a 1.2 rather than 1.6 here? If so, isn't it they can price it little bit better for the aspiring customers?
Old 27th September 2013, 13:56   #30
Senior - BHPian

Wouldn't the 1.4 TSI have been a more apt engine to have been brought in the Vento, given that its already more than 4000mm.

They are still sticking to the economies of scale, as the Polo would have to use the 1.2 TSI. In that case, should we not see them price these cars lower (Same engine multiple cars)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks