Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2013, 17:35   #91
BHPian

Re: VW Vento GT TSI to launch on 3rd October 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
One of my friends had gone to pick up his uncle's polo GT (i don't know if it was the TDi or TSi). At the VW godown he saw the 1.2tsi vento. He confirmed with someone there that it is going to be launched in this week. Lets hope something good actually comes up!
Thanks Asit, Is your friend sure about the 1.2 TSi engine? I was hoping that VW would launch Vento with 1.4 TSi.

Currently, for the Polo GT TSi there is a waiting period of at least 4 months(in Bangalore). I guess, because of the Vento TSi, this waiting period is going to be increased(because VW India needs to import more TSi engines and DSG gearboxes).

I hope VW does not follow the footsteps of Ford(which is having atleast 6 months of waiting period for the Ecosport).

Looking from other angle: It's possible that VW would get lot more booking for the Vento TSi, and because of the volume they might "set right" the problems they are currently facing, and may be deliver Polo TSi faster.
Old 6th October 2013, 22:13   #92
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
Thanks Asit, Is your friend sure about the 1.2 TSi engine? I was hoping that VW would launch Vento with 1.4 TSi.

Currently, for the Polo GT TSi there is a waiting period of at least 4 months(in Bangalore). I guess, because of the Vento TSi, this waiting period is going to be increased(because VW India needs to import more TSi engines and DSG gearboxes).

I hope VW does not follow the footsteps of Ford(which is having atleast 6 months of waiting period for the Ecosport).

Looking from other angle: It's possible that VW would get lot more booking for the Vento TSi, and because of the volume they might "set right" the problems they are currently facing, and may be deliver Polo TSi faster.
I asked my friend again he said that he had gone to the B.U.Bhandari VW godown where he saw the vento tsi parked. He wasn't able to sit in it, but an employee there confirmed of it being the tsi vento which is about to be launched. He wasnt sure if it was the 1.2/1.4.
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2013, 22:33   #93
BHPian

Booked Vento tsi today. Launch in all probability is tomorrow. The interesting bit is there are no color limitations unlike the Polo GT - my booking is for Shadow Blue.

Delivery time - tentatively end of the month. However tentative is the major keyword here
Old 6th October 2013, 22:46   #94
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
Booked Vento tsi today. Launch in all probability is tomorrow. The interesting bit is there are no color limitations unlike the Polo GT - my booking is for Shadow Blue. Delivery time - tentatively end of the month. However tentative is the major keyword here
Hey JishD! Congrats on the tsi vento, I guess the first one on the forum. So are the specs the same as the Polo Tsi? Any difference cosmetic or performance based?
Old 6th October 2013, 23:07   #95
BHPian

No clue till now as the dealer did not have a Tsi in stock. As per the information I got, seems it will remain similar to the stock Highline with the Polo GT's 1.2 tsi and dsg. Will keep the forum posted on developments. Tentative ex showroom delhi quoted was 10L.
Old 7th October 2013, 07:47   #96
BHPian

IMO this car will be named Vento TSI as its going to be launched with the 1.2lt engine, had it been the 1.4 tsi, the GT tag would have been more appropriate. Hoping for a 12 Lakh on road Bangalore.
Old 8th October 2013, 11:01   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Had a chat on this with the SA in Volkswagen Whitefield when I went to book the Polo TSI. As per him, the demo and initial lot of cars should reach today. He does not know the exact date. But since the car has apparently reached dealerships, I assume the launch can be any day now.

Waiting to see the price and do a test drive and see if it offers the experience close to the Polo. If both turn out good, will switch from the Polo TSI to the Vento.
Old 8th October 2013, 11:35   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Had a chat on this with the SA in Volkswagen Whitefield when I went to book the Polo TSI. As per him, the demo and initial lot of cars should reach today. He does not know the exact date. But since the car has apparently reached dealerships, I assume the launch can be any day now.

Waiting to see the price and do a test drive and see if it offers the experience close to the Polo. If both turn out good, will switch from the Polo TSI to the Vento.
Hi Rajeev,
Thanks for the information. how much waiting period did they quote for the Polo TSi?
I have also booked a Polo TSi with the VW Whitefield(expected waiting period promised by the dealer is 45 days to 3 months). There are some people in this forum, who have been waiting for more than 3 months. According to them(i.e http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...w-81.html#1211), the dealer has not got any allocation(of Polo TSi) for last two months.
Old 8th October 2013, 11:51   #99
BHPian

Got a call from my Dealer today asking whether I'd like to switch my booking from Polo GT TSi to Vento TSi. They informed me pricing is not yet announced.
Attached Thumbnails
VW Vento TSI Launched at Rs.9.99 lakhs-vento-tsi.jpg  

VW Vento TSI Launched at Rs.9.99 lakhs-vento.jpg  

salman_ferrari is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 12:21   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
Hi Rajeev,
Thanks for the information. how much waiting period did they quote for the Polo TSi?
I have also booked a Polo TSi with the VW Whitefield(expected waiting period promised by the dealer is 45 days to 3 months). There are some people in this forum, who have been waiting for more than 3 months.
The SA whom I interacted with initially said 2-3 months. 2nd time when I went for a test drive, he was not there and had informed another SA to help. He said 5 months. He mentioned that there are 20 people waiting and they get only 4-5 cars per month and last month they did not get anything.

When I went to book, I asked again to the original SA (seemed more senior) and he reiterated that he will get it in max 3 months and was very confident about it.

So not sure which one of them is right. But booked anyways. My take is that Polo TSI deliveries would have slowed last month and this month since they were preparing to launch the Vento TSI and I assume they would need to get a good number of cars to dealers at the time of launch. So that may have impacted Polo production. If that is the case, I think Polo deliveries will become normal from this month and the 3 months max may be realistic.

Hope for the best
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 12:34   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
But booked anyways. My take is that Polo TSI deliveries would have slowed last month and this month since they were preparing to launch the Vento TSI and I assume they would need to get a good number of cars to dealers at the time of launch. So that may have impacted Polo production. If that is the case, I think Polo deliveries will become normal from this month and the 3 months max may be realistic.
Congratulations, and thanks for the update. Please do let us know in case of any updates regarding your Polo TSi booking.
Old 9th October 2013, 11:03   #102
BHPian

Tweet from ACI
New #Volkswagen #Vento #TSI will come with a 1.2-litre turbo petrol motor and 7-speed DSG gearbox. Launching soon

It's 1.2TSi not 1.4
Old 9th October 2013, 11:13   #103
Senior - BHPian

Why is the Manual not being launched. Its not like the current 1.6 petrol is selling well.
Old 9th October 2013, 11:25   #104
Senior - BHPian

IAB have uploaded more details of the Vento TSI on their website. Please refer link to their website for details:

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/10/v...-details-99717
CARDEEP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2013, 11:33   #105
Senior - BHPian

The target audience in the male segment is someone who is a minimum of 35 years of age - wonder what makes them think that , clearly very very off in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
IAB have uploaded more details of the Vento TSI on their website. Please refer link to their website for details:

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/10/v...-details-99717

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks