Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2016, 16:31   #916

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
This cover costs a bomb for a piece of unpainted plastic.
Tell me about it. 1350 bucks for an unpainted cowl

What scared me a little is how difficult it was to get hold of one. Fortune Ford, the biggest dealer in Hyderabad did not have it in stock and when I asked about placing an order, they said they will get back to me and never did.

Called Vibrant Ford next and thankfully, they had the LHS cowl in stock. I have left it unpainted for now as my car being white, the cowl doesn't stand out too much unless observed closely.

I also checked several independent garages and spare shops but none of them had it. Most of them commented that it's a "rare model" and they don't bother stocking parts for it.

If new Fiesta parts are gonna be so hard to come by owing to low sales and stoppage of production, it's definitely a cause of worry.
Wolfconsole is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 22:24   #917
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Guys,

A ford dealer I spoke with claims to have a white Fiesta in stock. When I drove the car a year back, I fell in love with it again, and am quite excited by this development.

Some queries however:
- Given it has been in the stockyard for a few months - I am waiting for the VIN, but should be June/July manuf. according to salesperson.
Would this cause any issues in the long run as far as reliability is concerned?
- Does the Titanium trim come with speed sensing auto-door lock?

Hope to be driving her soon if everything works out!
Old 4th February 2016, 23:21   #918
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfconsole View Post
I also checked several independent garages and spare shops but none of them had it. Most of them commented that it's a "rare model" and they don't bother stocking parts for it.
No independent garage or spare parts store is going to stock trivial items like the cowl for ORVM. That's expected, so please relax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Some queries however:
- Given it has been in the stockyard for a few months - I am waiting for the VIN, but should be June/July manuf. according to salesperson
Would this cause any issues in the long run as far as reliability is concerned?
- Does the Titanium trim come with speed sensing auto-door lock?

Hope to be driving her soon if everything works out!
Do check the car thoroughly before making the payment. Especially the electrical bits. Titanium got a lot of toys. And change all fluids before you start using the car.

And no, Titanium doesn't have auto lock and its a big miss.

All the best and keep us posted. It's a lovely machine and you are going to cherish it.
deetjohn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 10:42   #919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Titanium doesn't have auto lock and its a big miss.
Hey buddy, I really believe that auto locking can be a hazard at the wrong times, like car catching fire and all electicals being cut off as a fail safe system. In many cars, there is no mechanical unlock lever, meaning that if the doors was locked when the car caught fire, there is no possibility to open doors, even glass area is electrically openable obviously, so I was kind of relieved that Fiesta didn't lock doors automatically.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 17:29   #920
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Do check the car thoroughly before making the payment. Especially the electrical bits. Titanium got a lot of toys. And change all fluids before you start using the car.

And no, Titanium doesn't have auto lock and its a big miss.

All the best and keep us posted. It's a lovely machine and you are going to cherish it.
Thanks guys!

Given 2 airbags and ABS is pretty much mandatory, one safety feature I didn't want to compromise on was this speed sensing auto-door lock. Especially as it will potentially be used by other family members - including kids, and the driver may not remember to lock the doors as all other vehicles at home have speed sensing door locks.

Fingers crossed that the car works out. It won't be an easy battle as it is the polar opposite of what we need (cross-over) / presently use (Etios) - but really pushing for it.
Old 5th February 2016, 19:05   #921
BHPian

I have been using a the fiesta with a 3yr old kid. There is no other option than to use chilld lock. Even if the doors are locked they can be opened just by pull of the handle. No use if it even had speed sensing auto door lock. The passenger just needs to pull the handle and it auto unlocks. Trust me its a good car to buy.. sad ford discontinued it ...
architkarpe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2016, 08:19   #922
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Hey buddy, I really believe that auto locking can be a hazard at the wrong times, like car catching fire and all electicals being cut off as a fail safe system. In many cars, there is no mechanical unlock lever, meaning that if the doors was locked when the car caught fire, there is no possibility to open doors, even glass area is electrically openable obviously, so I was kind of relieved that Fiesta didn't lock doors automatically.
I am not comfortable when the car is unlocked. Even the boot is unlocked and I use the button on the dash and lock it manually. So, even that ain't good since there is no manual override correct?

An auto lock with manual override is the best. But in its absence a speed sensing auto lock should be given at least. The weird thing is that EcoSport has speed sensing auto lock.

I really liked how it was in the Swift. A manual lock/ unlock button for each door which is a bit inconspicuous and not that easy to operate along with speed sensing auto lock. It was perfect.

And children needs child lock, especially with a Ford. Even manual unlock isn't going to work always.
Old 6th February 2016, 23:59   #923
BHPian

Quote:
I really liked how it was in the Swift. A manual lock/ unlock button for each door which is a bit inconspicuous and not that easy to operate along with speed sensing auto lock. Even manual unlock isn't going to work always.
Agree, Swift's is the best. I owned one for 3 years and loved the auto lock with manual override.
But if there is no manual override, I would prefer it not to lock automatically. Just in case, God forbids, if mine is the one rare case of car catching fire, I would not want the doors locked and that button not working because of the fire, we hear such News all the time. It's a no-no for me.
Old 11th February 2016, 08:56   #924
BHPian

Has anyone got their 20 k service done? Did the service costs coincide with the service cost calculator Ford introduced recently?
Old 13th February 2016, 12:37   #925
BHPian

I am planning to get my Beast remapped. She has run >7k KMs and the wonderful chassis asks for more power that the 1.5 TDCi falls short to deliver. I may take the plunge after 2-3k more KMs on the odo, thinking of contacting ToT, contacted Wolfmoto earlier, may need others' advice. There are some threads on both, need to decide on one soon though.
Old 13th February 2016, 13:29   #926
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to get my Beast remapped. She has run >7k KMs and the wonderful chassis asks for more power that the 1.5 TDCi falls short to deliver. I may take the plunge after 2-3k more KMs on the odo, thinking of contacting ToT, contacted Wolfmoto earlier, may need others' advice. There are some threads on both, need to decide on one soon though.
You could add Code6 too to the list! End of the day, I think it's just personal preference to go with any vendor and I have heard only positive reviews about all these guys.

But I guess ToT has more of a first mover advantage and @kryptonite's thread is a serious testimonial. They will be my preferred vendor unless I have some good cost advantage with others, if the specifications remain almost same.

Edit:: I remember @deetjohn talking about a Fiesta with Code6 remap, which enables the Fiesta to hit some SERIOUS speeds! I think that car belongs to one of the Ford service manager? He can probably provide more info on the specific tuner & reliability.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 13th February 2016 at 13:32. Reason: Added "Edit" portion
Old 16th February 2016, 09:36   #927
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebzgeo89 View Post
Has anyone got their 20 k service done? Did the service costs coincide with the service cost calculator Ford introduced recently?
Yes, I got the car serviced this weekend and the bill came to approx. INR 4500. Inline with what was shown by the service calculator. Please note, I opted out of water wash, wheel alignment and balancing.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Edit:: I remember @deetjohn talking about a Fiesta with Code6 remap, which enables the Fiesta to hit some SERIOUS speeds! I think that car belongs to one of the Ford service manager? He can probably provide more info on the specific tuner & reliability.
Initially, I too had planned for a remap. But after completing about 20,000 KM in the first year, I think the car makes adequate power for Kerala roads.

The engine has opened up well and the Fiesta is a joy to drive on open roads. The ECM learns and adjusts for quite fast. If one drives like a monk and inside the city for a few days successively, the Ford becomes too lazy. So, you need to drive the car hard from time to time to let the brain know what's expected of the engine.

Coming to remap, Code6 has good track record as their project car was a global Fiesta. So, they know all the nuances of the 1.5 TDCi quite well and got good support in both Kochi and Bangalore.

http://www.code6.in/
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 11:11   #928
BHPian

Got genome bi xenon projectors carbon series installed. I had initially planned for platinm series but they wouldnt fit in the headlight assembly. The installation was done at bafna cars pune. Total cost of installation 21k.
The headlight glass has been tied to the case to hold it in place to allow the glue to dry. Will post pictures in a while.
architkarpe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 12:46   #929
BHPian

Yes the fiesta opens up nicely post the first oil change. More than enough for kerala roads. I'm not looking at remaps as of now, but I'm definitely looking at projectors and 16" alloys after the 2 year warranty period.
Old 16th February 2016, 15:44   #930
BHPian

My fiesta with bi xenon
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-1455617624445.jpg  

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-1455617655569.jpg  

architkarpe is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks