Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2014, 18:07   #61
BANNED

re: SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7

Toyota is paving way for the smaller Avanza by pushing Innova higher up in the segment. And Avanza will be a perfect fit for Toyota in the compact MPV segment to lead the fight against Ertiga and Mobilio.
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-avanza_2011_cc_1e7_tcm314211649.jpg  

SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-mtmimage137.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 22nd July 2014 at 18:11.
romeomidhun is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 19:24   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Toyota is paving way for the smaller Avanza by pushing Innova higher up in the segment. And Avanza will be a perfect fit for Toyota in the compact MPV segment to lead the fight against Ertiga and Mobilio.
This point has been said for ages, but Toyota isn't even heeding to it.
The Avanza and the Rush (though not exactly cutting edge) has the potential to bring enormous volumes to Toyota showrooms. Instead they have been waiting for the Etios to create a miracle.

The Rush may not come till the next gen is launched with monocoque body and Toyota is waiting for it. Whereas the Avanza makes a good case for itself as Toyota doesn't have any other suitable vehicles to take on the new mini MPVs.
Old 23rd July 2014, 01:33   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Looking at that thing, there is no way it can be priced lower than Innova unless they push the price further up for Innova. So basically from a price perspective, Avanza would be placed where Innova should have been actually (still higher than Ertiga/Mobillio). In that case, Avanza would kill Innova.

Toyota would continue to live with their current line up with few tweaks here and there .I dont think they are really very serious about the Indian market.They are happy with the Innova and Fortuner. There are so many models that they can get to India. For SUV market itself, there is so much gap to fill below and above fortuner.
Old 23rd July 2014, 06:43   #64
BHPian

I saw this last weekend at Indira Nagar. It was next to my Innova. Not sure if it was because of the artwork, but it looked significantly larger and boxier than the current Innova.
Old 23rd July 2014, 10:32   #65
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf9 View Post
Looking at that thing, there is no way it can be priced lower than Innova unless they push the price further up for Innova.
In Indonesia, the Avanza is priced around 2L cheaper than Innova. Toyota can adopt the same policy here too.
Old 23rd July 2014, 12:07   #66
BHPian

Brilliant scoop. Thanks for sharing!

It'd be interesting to see what pricing policy Toyota adopts with this one. The name "Innova" has generated so much loyalty that it'd sell even if it came with two horses to tug it around.

I know people who've replaced their old Innova for a new Innova and if this one ticks all the right boxes, they might replace their new Innova with a newer Innova.

As a few people pointed out, Toyota does need to get in an MPV to compete with the Ertiga and the Mobilio. Lot of competition space in the sub 12L MPV segment.

Cheers!
Cartman.
Cartman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 12:11   #67
Senior - BHPian

Toyota is making news on multiple fronts.. Innova, Fortuner, talks of vios !!

Innova for sure needs better Engine. May be they can do like M&M does with their Xylo. Current engine for the cabbies and the more juicier one for private car buyers.
Old 24th July 2014, 15:52   #68
Senior - BHPian

According to Autocar, the next gen Innova will be based on the current IMV platform with plush interiors and better third row.

http://m.autocarindia.com/Article.as...9441&type=News

Last edited by fz_rider : 24th July 2014 at 15:55.
Old 24th July 2014, 21:33   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
According to Autocar, the next gen Innova will be based on the current IMV platform with plush interiors and better third row.

http://m.autocarindia.com/Article.as...9441&type=News
But according to them its coming in 2016.
Were they referring the model name like 2016 innova or the other way?
Old 25th July 2014, 13:38   #70
Senior - BHPian

Here is the front look. It looks like its going to be twin barrel headlamps. The front and the overall proportions look good.
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-c__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved-images_2016toyotainnovaspiedinindia.jpg  

fz_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2014, 14:24   #71
BHPian

Honda Mobilio has been recently launched and looks good. Only drawback is very ordinary interiors. Otherwise I would definitely think about replacing my Innova with Mobilio. There might be others who may change their decision to Mobilio from Innova which looks same since about a decade now and with same interior.

I therefore believe that the launch date may not be too distant in 2016. Test mules have been found in other countries also. They seem to have fixed the designing part and probably interiors also.

How much time Toyota takes to launch the care after test mules have been spotted?
Old 26th July 2014, 13:37   #72
BHPian

Just back from the Honda showroom where I had gone determined to book a Mobilo. However after seeing the car I changed my mind. It absolutely cannot be compared to an Innova. Its really compact and cramped for space, 3 in the middle row is only possible with a small kid, unlike the innova which is very spacious. The drive also was very average and the car lacks the solid feel that an innova gives while cruising on the highway. The interiors are very basic in even the top of the line version with no climate control or bluetooth. Even the stereo is a very ordinary one.

Really bored of the innova's looks but I guess there's no other choice. Incidentally this will be my third innova replacement.

Ps - I heard new Innova is launching in Thailand in September, so I guess early 2015 could be a possibility for India.

Last edited by manishk123 : 26th July 2014 at 13:38.
manishk123 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2014, 15:23   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
Here is the front look. It looks like its going to be twin barrel headlamps. The front and the overall proportions look good.
The front end looks a lot like the Highlander sold in the US.
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-hld_my14_0069_v001.jpg  

manishk123 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th July 2014, 14:27   #74
Senior - BHPian

Honestly I do not find anything wrong with the existing form. The previous version was even better aesthetically compared to the existing one.
What they really need to change is the gear box and make it a bit more broader. the current setup groans and moans once you push the car to north of 120 Kays. Everything else is simply good.
Old 31st July 2014, 16:45   #75
BHPian

With this they are definitely taking the Innova to Fortuner level. Looking at the anticipated all new Innova, Greedy toyota will price it 18 lac plus and position these two products as best MUV (Innova) and best SUV (Fortuner)
Remember their is no premium MUV available in 20 lac+ market. They sure would capitalize the brand equity which this car has earned.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks