Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2015, 20:43   #181
BHPian

re: SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakhar1998 View Post
Attachment 1344666

See any similarities?
Well to be honest , i do see similarities but nothing blatant enough to convey it is some sort of copy paste job, if that is what you meant?

Looking at the spy shot, i do feel they have tried their decent bit and i don't think people who bought the Innova just based their decision on the way it looks !

Its a great car to drive and own, keeps 6-7 passengers and the driver comfortable , taxi owners swear by it, maintenance is not a bomb , diesel mileage is decent if not great, good highway driving characteristics etc.

So the upcoming cosmetic changes will no have much impact on the market perception of the Innova which still reads "comfortable and reliable"

I just hope they do not increase the price by a huge margin, already the Innova is quite highly priced.
The Observer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2015, 22:02   #182
Distinguished - BHPian

Just hope that the style is palatable in real, and also they at least put the VnT 2.5 in the Innova with an autobox. They may increase the price as long as it stays under 20 lakhs ( at least the base versions).

And ACI is still continuing to tell that the current engines are to continued as it is, tuned for more efficiency and less noise, at a time when there is news that Innova maybe getting new 2.0 or 2.2l engines.

Praying that i dont regret stopping dad from buying the Innova last year, saying the next gen with better engine and auto box is around the corner.
TKM,
Old 27th February 2015, 06:00   #183
Team-BHP Support

SCOOP! 2015 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7

Looks bad, but atleast has good road presence and a premium feel to it. They have widened the gap with the smaller competition- Ertiga and Mobilio. And it looks better than the current generation with it's gaping front grill.

I still believe the first refresh was the best look for the Innova, the one they launched just after the Xylo came out in the market.
Old 27th February 2015, 08:36   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Apparently, this is the leaked version of the all new Innova.
Good catch! It does look very similar to the most clear spy shot that we have currently.

What we can see is a lot of thick lines running across the grille. Maybe, only the top two lines will be in chrome in which case the car will look very close to that pic shared by fly-wheel.

SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-2016toyotainnovaspyshots3.jpg

Well! Toyota got face-lifts to chrome the remaining bits one by one after launch. And with each spy shot, the bulk of the car is becoming very evident. So, a very good chance for us to see both generations side by side.

Some more pics from motor.vikatan.

SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-2016toyotainnovaspyshotsvikatan-1.jpg
SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-2016toyotainnovaspyshotsvikatan-4.jpg

Source

Last edited by deetjohn : 27th February 2015 at 08:39. Reason: adding text.
deetjohn is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th February 2015, 10:03   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
And with each spy shot, the bulk of the car is becoming very evident. So, a very good chance for us to see both generations side by side.
I agree, the new Innova looks bigger and bigger with each spy-shots that surface in the World Wide Web. I guess Toyota will increase the prices of the Innova further, position it higher in the range and will fill in the vacated space with the Avanza. That way, they will have a direct competitor to the Ertiga and Mobilio and can continue raking in profits with the Innova.
Old 27th February 2015, 18:48   #186
BHPian

Well a quick PS edit to the image shared by 'swiftdiesel' & as uploaded on IndianAutoBlog.

What I have done here is the cleared up the image a little & scaled it to a more proportionate size based on the existing Innova & the test mules.

This revision of the Innova (front) looks more like the Mitsubishi ASX or Outlander to me

Cheers!
HZS

credits of the original image to the original owner
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-hzsupdate.jpg  

Last edited by HuseinZS : 27th February 2015 at 18:52. Reason: Added comparison to the Mitsubishi
HuseinZS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2015, 10:22   #187
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Autocar India has rendered the upcoming Innova. Attaching a pic of the same.

Source: Autocar
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-0_468_700_http172.17.115.18082extraimages20150422062740_innova_web.jpg  

//M is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2015, 13:55   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Autocar India has rendered the upcoming Innova. Attaching a pic of the same.
Thank you for sharing the news. Quoting from Autocar:

Quote:
The 2.5-litre D-4D diesel engine used in the Innova is set for an upgrade and the new motor to replace it could be the 2KD-FTV. Available in two states of tune — 118bhp or 142bhp, the latter is already on sale in India and powers the current Fortuner 2.5.
Just checked Toyota's website. The 142 bhp version specs are given as below:

Max. Output 106 kW @ 3400 rpm (144 PS @ 3400 rpm) - 2.5L 343 Nm @ 1600-2800 rpm

Not sure if the Fortuner 2.5L comes with a 6th gear. However the new specs seems to be very good at least on paper. This should solve the perennial issue of Innova struggling beyond 120 kmph and engine becoming quite throaty. Looking forward to this car to hit our roads soon.
Old 26th April 2015, 20:12   #189
Senior - BHPian

^
Where did you get the 106 KW specs on the website AutoIndian ? Reason i ask is only yesterday i did a test drive of the ZX versio of the Innova and the specs are
Max. Output
75 kW (102 PS) @ 3600 rpm
Max. Torque
BS IV - 200 Nm(20.4 kg-m) @ 1200-3600 rpm

I was picking this up from the brochure they gave me, and from their website http://www.toyotabharat.com/cars/new...nova/spec.aspx
Old 26th April 2015, 20:41   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
^
Where did you get the 106 KW specs on the website AutoIndian ? Reason i ask is only yesterday i did a test drive of the ZX versio of the Innova and the specs are
Max. Output
75 kW (102 PS) @ 3600 rpm
Max. Torque
BS IV - 200 Nm(20.4 kg-m) @ 1200-3600 rpm

I was picking this up from the brochure they gave me, and from their website http://www.toyotabharat.com/cars/new...nova/spec.aspx
I think he is talking about the specs for the current Fortuner's 2.5L engine which might get placed in new Innova as per the rumors. You are mentioning the current Innova's engine. Hope that clarifies.
SchumiFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2015, 21:12   #191
Senior - BHPian

Thanks. Yes, i didnt follow that post clearly, and mis-understood the Fortuner specs to the Innova. My bad. !
Old 26th April 2015, 22:38   #192
Senior - BHPian

This is how the upcoming 2016 Toyota Innova could look like as per Car Blog India.
SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-2016toyotainnovaclearpics1.jpg
Link : http://www.carblogindia.com/2016-toy...hotos-details/
rajeev k is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2015, 22:49   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Air bags are cheaper to source and implement, so manufacturers put Air Bags but not ABS. You may never benefit from the Air Bag your entire life, but ABS works almost daily to reduce chances of accidents. If I had to pick one over the other, I would go for ABS any day !!
Yep. Also, to potential owners: this bit of news might be pleasing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Good, by making an already over-priced product even more pricier, they are giving Renault a shot at success with the Lodgy.
I agree that the Lodgy eats into the Innova's piece of the pie as far as individual private owners are concerned. That said, it is almost a given that Toyota won't let go of its strong hold in the taxi-space. This is where the Innova Cross comes in. My guess: same old Innova - slap some cladding on, delete features, maintain price - voila!

Also, Toyota is commanding a premium for one simple reason. Because it can! I'm certain that people will be queuing outside the showrooms to get their hands on the first ones available. Plenty of similar examples with Toyota and Mahindra wherein people have walked in to the showroom with a sack-full of cash and demanded a car on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakhar1998 View Post
See any similarities?
Nope. None at all.

Cheers!
Cartman
Old 26th April 2015, 23:05   #194
Distinguished - BHPian

I'd be surprised if the prices didnt go north with this launch. If anything, Toyota will likely price it assuming its still the most aspirational people carrier in India - regardless of the Lodgy.
Old 30th April 2015, 12:24   #195
Team-BHP Support

It seems that it will indeed have an AT with this new edition, if the source below is reliable.

http://motoroctane.com/news/12795-ne...atic-exclusive
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks