Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2015, 10:31   #301
BHPian

Re: SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Ladies and Gentlemen!
This is how the new Innova looks in flesh.
Sheesh! Are those cycle tires fitted on an Innova?
Look wise, it is going to be another blockbuster from Toyota.
Old 13th November 2015, 10:32   #302
BANNED

Quote:
Ladies and Gentlemen!
This is how the new Innova looks in flesh.
Thanks for the posts Dean.

We can safely say that the designers at Toyota went to sleep on this. I may not be the first in line to say this, but there's absolutely 'ZERO' coherence of design on the car.
  • The side profile has bulbous round elements, and the headlights have been sharpened.
  • The rear lights seem to be more-than-inspired from the Mitsubishi Outlander and for good measure put on some Saber dentures.
  • The tires cannot be skimmed any further, lest it can swapped with a Maruti 800/ Alto.

On the other hand, the interiors posted earlier seem to be a definite upgrade. I am leant to believe, this car will do BAU (business-as-usual), but would it kill anyone to get such amazing utility and reliability in a good shell?
Old 13th November 2015, 17:42   #303
BHPian

Which designer with a sane mind would come up with a monstrocity like this. I fear the day when this will be a common sight on our roads which I expect is not far away. Finally the tires, what are toyata aiming for ? A mpg figure in the 20's or 30's? This car looks like a Lego figurine my 5 year old cousin could come up with.
Old 13th November 2015, 18:12   #304
BHPian

Ah those tyres!!!! Come on Toyota !!! They look skinnier than the current innova's. Not to mention the front looks too. Looks like kitted old innova's front.
Old 13th November 2015, 18:42   #305
BHPian

Some more pictures n feature details available online here

Another article mentions that the new Toyota Innova is expected to make its Indian debut next year at the 2016 Delhi Auto Expo. The image of the dash and instrument cluster does seem to look good but whether we would get the exact same thing or with minor alterations remains to be seen.

Cheers,
S
Old 13th November 2015, 19:09   #306
BHPian

A video explaining the new Innova features
dean5545 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 20:40   #307
Team-BHP Support

SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7

Quote:

Wow. Simply stunning. I can't imagine how an automatic V variant of this won't exceed 25 lakh on road in mumbai. It's a PROPER luxury offering now. Honestly a lot of people who chose Fortuners over an Innova may well be happy enough with this kind of an Innova offering.

Need to start saving fast. :-)
Old 14th November 2015, 00:38   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the share.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Wow. Simply stunning. I can't imagine how an automatic V variant of this won't exceed 25 lakh on road in mumbai. It's a PROPER luxury offering now. Honestly a lot of people who chose Fortuners over an Innova may well be happy enough with this kind of an Innova offering.

Need to start saving fast. :-)
I hope you meant Q and not V.

It will be interesting too see how Toyota will price the new Innova. 1.5 to 2 lakhs over the current model sounds fair. But pricing will be never fair, especially from Toyota.

Okay, I think I have to buy a model that fix my budget rather than going for the model. Lets see, we can stretch till 18lakhs ex showroom. I hope they will price model V, diesel in that bracket.

Last edited by ecenandu : 14th November 2015 at 00:52.
Old 14th November 2015, 05:55   #309
Distinguished - BHPian

Arghh!! The new innova looks like a blend of mobilio, enjoy and outlander. Why should the design of a car that is actually a van, get louder and louder with every iteration?

The most significant Change will be the interiors though.
Old 14th November 2015, 08:59   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot for sharing this video. It makes the Innova a lot more desirable exterior looks not withstanding! The Q has a lot of desirable features and it remains to be seen what comes to India. I hope we are not shortchanged as has been the case with Toyota in the past.

As a side note I feel we might be lucky if Toyota prices this only a couple of lacs above the existing car given the features that this has on offer.

Some information that I have come across from my dealer is that there will be an auto expo reveal and probable launch. The automatic will be offered in the top 2 variants and not just the top variant. Deliveries expected to commence in April 2016.

If priced around 20 - 22 lacs on road for the Q AT I am going to be in Q (pun intended) at the Toyota showroom. I fear this may hurt the Fortuner sales given the premium features on offer. As a 7 seater the Innova is way more comfortable (personal opinion) and hence those who bought the fortuner AT just for the automatic in a 7 seater may just look here.

For once the Innova seems worth the hype. Can't wait for the launch. If priced right I am definitely going for it.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 14th November 2015 at 09:03. Reason: Removing video from the quoted post.
Old 14th November 2015, 09:01   #311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Arghh!! The new innova looks like a blend of mobilio, enjoy and outlander. Why should the design of a car that is actually a van, get louder and louder with every iteration?

The most significant Change will be the interiors though.
Outlander - headlights, okay. But mobilio and Enjoy? I know looks are subjective, Innova has been in the market for nearly a decade. I don't know what similarities in looks are you pointing out with the comparison with mobilio and Enjoy. Is it the Van look? Innova has been like that since the inception.

Last edited by ecenandu : 14th November 2015 at 09:04.
Old 14th November 2015, 10:15   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
If priced around 20 - 22 lacs on road for the Q AT I am going to be in Q (pun intended) at the Toyota showroom. I fear this may hurt the Fortuner sales given the premium features on offer.
The yet to be launched new Fortuner will easily touch 38 - 40 lakhs, considering the top end is already 32 lakhs onroad in Mumbai. Comparing the yet to be launched new Innova price to existing Fortuner prices will be a mistake.
Besides, the new Fortuner is feature packed too and will come with most features offered elsewhere, if not all.
After launch of both, the new Fortuner and Innova, the price differential in terms of percentage will remain the same if nto more. Toyota will squeeze every penny worth of brand value it possibly can.

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 14th November 2015 at 10:17.
jaysmokesleaves is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2015, 11:30   #313
Senior - BHPian

I can't imagine Toyota to be so kind to be selling this thing such that it costs below 19lacs OTR for any model. In which case, they will be leaving a void for customers in the 14lacs -18lacs OTR range.

So my question is will they leave this price bracket altogether? Even if the current generation Innova continues, I think it will not be available under VX and ZX variants- which constituted Toyota's offering in the 14 lacs - 18 lacs range. But who knows maybe they may just continue with the whole Innova range as it is and then introduce this latest model as the superior Innova and fill the gap between the current Innova and Fortuner?
Old 14th November 2015, 14:21   #314
BHPian

I like the new design and overall enhancements on this new Innova that is going to replace over a decade old design. I look forward to seeing these Innovas on Indian roads than the current garrish model trying to keep up with time.

Job well done by Toyota engineers on bringing out a neat design & interiors are modern & yet utilitarian.

Challenge for Toyota as shared by many in the forum is how they will price it. Innova has long been caught in the image of being a very useful family car but even more liked by TAXIWALAs. I am although not sure if Toyota has any problems with this image as it does keep the sales ticking.

I expect them to keep the base pricing closer to XUV500 with top variant (loaded upto gills) hitting close to 18-20 lacs (just a tad below Fortuner).
Old 14th November 2015, 14:46   #315
Senior - BHPian

Real impressive design and Toyota has upped the ante in the luxury and convenience department. Love the ambient interior lighting and the digital control for the rear AC (adding a pic). Would have definitely been my next if not for these 2 requirements that I have, having been spoilt in the Lodgy.

6 speed manual transmission on the diesel
Cruise control on the diesel version.

If the Indian spec Innova had both these features (at least as an option) this will be the next one in my garage.

SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-2016toyotainnovaambientlighting.jpg

Pic: motorbeam
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks