Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2015, 10:12   #241
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7

Here's the entire brochure, including the technical specifications:

SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-brosur6.jpg

SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-brosur5.jpg

SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-brosur4.jpg

SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-brosur3.jpg

SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-brosur2.jpg

SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-brosur1.jpg

The 2016 Innova will be offered in 3 trims for Indonesia - G, V & Q - and will come in both petrol & diesel guises, mated to a 5-speed manual transmission or a 6-speed automatic.

The diesel will be an all-new 2400cc 4-cylinder turbo-charged GD unit, producing 149 PS of power at 3,400 RPM, while it puts out 349 Nm of torque between 1,200-2,600 RPM for the automatic & 342.2 Nm of torque between 1,200-2,800 RPM for the manual.

The gasoline engine will be a 2000cc 4-cylinder unit producing 139 PS of power at 5,600 RPM & 183 Nm of torque at 4,000 RPM.

Gear Ratios for the 5-speed manual are (hard to read but giving it a try) - 4.313 (1st), 2.39 (2nd), 1.636 (3rd), 1.00 (4th), 0.835 (5th) & 4.22 (Reverse).

The 2016 Innova will be offered in 6 colour shades and will come with a 4-year/50,000 kms warranty.

AutonetMagz

Last edited by RavenAvi : 28th October 2015 at 10:23.
RavenAvi is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 11:16   #242
BHPian

Looks fantastic!

I have my cheque ready

A lil birdie says prices would be increased by 20% across variants.

Last edited by sudeep.pandya : 28th October 2015 at 11:27.
Old 28th October 2015, 14:01   #243
BHPian

The engine looks great and so are the specifications. It will be interesting to see what features TKM carries forward to India for the launch.
thenomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 14:57   #244
Senior - BHPian

This will be a great product to own. I hope the prices stay sensible. But the warranty is really poor. Who will own an Innova in India and run it for just 50k kms in 4 years? I hope TKM looks at this aspect as well.
Old 28th October 2015, 18:05   #245
Distinguished - BHPian

Can't believe i have been waiting for the new Innova for two years and thwarting any attempts to buy a car at home.

Increased price and an automatic was the only things i was sure of. Rest all is a bonus.

Only bummer is that the manual is still 5speed, just hope that they have made it a relaxed cruiser past 100km/h ( the only reason we didn't buy Innova two years back was the plain stupid performance past 100km/h.)
Really can't find any reason for not offering a 6 speed manual, but then if they launched the 2GD(high) here with 40kgm torque and 6 speed there won't be any reason for the Fortuner, right? :P

The G variant more than suffices provided they launch it with rear A/C, cause the "autonetmagz" website said rear A/c was standard only from V on wards.

A game changer as they seem to have improved on the only major negative while showering it with features.

Just pray that the price is reasonable for the features offered and the G variant hower around the 15 lakh mark.
Old 29th October 2015, 02:37   #246
BHPian

Wow. So they launch a so called new Innova with still bare bone feature and price it higher than an already overpriced existing model and it would still sell like crazy. Not to forget the new model look wise is still not there.

Thanks to the lack of competition, Toyota bullet proof reliability, and myth about Innova being extremely comfortable, Toyota can get away with anything.

Automatic is something to look forward.This segment needs it badly.
Old 29th October 2015, 08:32   #247
BHPian

With a 20% increase - I dread to think what the auto box will cost. Maybe 25 L plus. If Tata launches the hexa and prices it sensibly (read atleast 5 L lesser) then Innova will find sales difficult. I am already seeing a lot of arias on road and the coo nets about their reliability and handling will only help the TATAs.
Old 29th October 2015, 09:23   #248
Senior - BHPian

Looks good, and finally with a decent engine, and an automatic. Can't wait for it to be launched here! Man - cant't they bring it here faster?
Old 29th October 2015, 09:44   #249
BHPian

Its good that Toyota has launched the Innova with 150 ps and 350 nm @ a very low 1200 rpm. But then this would not make it to India. After all the D segment Altis was given lesser engine specs, why would Toyota launch the MPV with this spec? This engine puts the Innova in the Fortuner territory. If indeed this is an option for India along with the regular engine, then kudos to TKM, but the pricing would be northwards as is the case with every Innova facelift
Old 29th October 2015, 11:39   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post
With a 20% increase - I dread to think what the auto box will cost. Maybe 25 L plus. If Tata launches the hexa and prices it sensibly (read atleast 5 L lesser) then Innova will find sales difficult. I am already seeing a lot of arias on road and the coo nets about their reliability and handling will only help the TATAs.
A 20% increase in price will be hard to justify. The gap between Ertiga/Mobilio/Lodgy prices and Innova is widening and this creates an opportunity for a competitor to offer a decent product with similar space right within that price range. I think the Lodgy came close, and if it only had a bit more space in the 2nd and 3rd rows, it might have clicked with the Taxi segment. The opportunity for Hexa or any other competent product is definitely there.
Old 29th October 2015, 11:58   #251
BHPian

I love speculating a lot!
It is very likely that prices will only go north and will breach 20 lakhs INR mark.

Don't you smell a a possibility of TKM making space for a new MPV in 8-14 lakh INR bracket?
May be Avanza?

I am ready to put my bet on it right now.
What do you say ?
DriveOnceMore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 12:31   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf9 View Post
Wow. So they launch a so called new Innova with still bare bone feature and price it higher than an already overpriced existing model and it would still sell like crazy. Not to forget the new model look wise is still not there.

Thanks to the lack of competition, Toyota bullet proof reliability, and myth about Innova being extremely comfortable, Toyota can get away with anything.

Automatic is something to look forward.This segment needs it badly.
What basic features are you talking about? The New Innova is quite loaded if you go to see with Led Headlamps, 7/8 inch touch screen with internet connectivity mirror link, hdmi port and what not. Even safety wise it has 7 airbags, VSC and Hill assist. What more do you want in 20 lakh MUV?
I know sun roof is missing.
We don't even know the entire feature list yet.
And coming to " myth about Innova being extremely comfortable". This I don't agree at all. That's one of the main USP of the Innova, and it's not just me who will agree to it. It may not be the most comfortable now with the launch of the Duster. But it definitely is in the league of the most comfortable cars this side of the 30 lakh bracket.
Old 29th October 2015, 12:51   #253
Senior - BHPian

20% price increase from todays prices is sheer arrogance. I am amazed how well they have been getting away with this and continue to have 5K average monthly sales!!

Here is where the Tata's and Mahindra's (more of M&Ms) opportunity lies and hope they make some serious dents. Is there a new (helluva lot more attractive) Xylo coming? The market would give it a red carpet welcome if its worthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
It may not be the most comfortable now with the launch of the Duster. But it definitely is in the league of the most comfortable cars this side of the 30 lakh bracket.
Offtopic--

Thats some praise for the worthy Duster - really?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 29th October 2015 at 13:00. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your post within the 30 minute edit window to add/edit your posts.
Old 29th October 2015, 13:05   #254
Team-BHP Support

In terms of D-A/Ts, the Innova will be the only meaningful 7 seater that boasts this combo on this side of 32 odd lakh. I'm not counting Mahindra offerings because they're really jump seats at the back. Not proper 7 seaters. To my mind this is a huge gap just waiting to be filled by the likes of Mobilio, BR-V, Lodgy etc. Until then, the Innova can continue commanding a premium for its offerings. Even the XUV, if it were to be launched with A/T would still be a 7 seater with ZERO boot space all rows up.

To my mind, the issue is not with the price per se. If they make this vehicle reasonably well equipped and with a ~ 140 bhp, there should be plenty of takers for it in a 18 - 25 lakh (on road) price range as well.
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 13:11   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang_shelby View Post
A 20% increase in price will be hard to justify. The gap between Ertiga/Mobilio/Lodgy prices and Innova is widening and this creates an opportunity for a competitor to offer a decent product with similar space right within that price range. I think the Lodgy came close, and if it only had a bit more space in the 2nd and 3rd rows, it might have clicked with the Taxi segment. The opportunity for Hexa or any other competent product is definitely there.
You are right, the price gap will widen but then, this gives an opportunity for Toyota to bring a new MPV in the 8 - 14 lacs segment to compete with the likes of Ertiga/mobilio/Lodgy as mentioned by DriveOnceMore and position the Innova as the premium MPV (the most happening thing in Auto Industry, creating premium segments, why not a premium MPV?)

Given the attitude Toyota has shown in the B & C1 segments, it is better they invest in building/expanding their portfolio - C2, D1, D2 (The Etios twins being sales duds) and the competition has highly intensified in the B & C segments and it will be difficult for TKM, which has ignored these segments, to position a product

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
I love speculating a lot!
It is very likely that prices will only go north and will breach 20 lakhs INR mark.

Don't you smell a a possibility of TKM making space for a new MPV in 8-14 lakh INR bracket?
May be Avanza?

I am ready to put my bet on it right now.
What do you say ?

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 29th October 2015 at 13:15.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks