Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2015, 13:22   #376
Senior - BHPian

Re: SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7

At the times auto expo in Chennai last weekend, I happened to speak to some sales personnel at Lanson Toyota and he said that the 2016 innova will come only in april and it might be only a facelift on the existing one it seems.

the so called Kijang innova that is launched in Indonesia / Thailand is NOT coming it seems. However, the current gen innova will continue to be sold alongside the new one.

They are expecting a 10% increase in prices, which I think is highly unlikely.
Old 1st December 2015, 13:30   #377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
At the times auto expo in Chennai last weekend, I happened to speak to some sales personnel at Lanson Toyota and he said that the 2016 innova will come only in april and it might be only a facelift on the existing one it seems.
Take that with a big spoonful of salt. Salesmen do not want rumors to affect their sales until April 2016.

Also unlikely (though not impossible) that current one will be sold along with the new one. Toyota retired a hugely popular Qualis when Innova was launched.

Last edited by SkyWalker : 1st December 2015 at 13:31.
SkyWalker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 13:34   #378
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
There's no more facelift coming. Only the all new one.

Innova kits come from Thailand. If there's no facelift for the old one in Thailand then there cannot be one for India.

The new one is definitely coming in 2016 most likely after Auto Expo. They can't afford to delay it any further.

Whether the old one will still be sold is a question mark as it depends on kits still being made in Thailand.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 14:52   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
There's no more facelift coming. Only the all new one.

Innova kits come from Thailand. If there's no facelift for the old one in Thailand then there cannot be one for India.

The new one is definitely coming in 2016 most likely after Auto Expo. They can't afford to delay it any further.

Whether the old one will still be sold is a question mark as it depends on kits still being made in Thailand.

I have a feeling they might sell the existing model in India till the time the old kits from Thailand and Philippines are not completely exhausted.
Also any word about Toyota's GD engine plant. Has it started operations or in any condition to start production by March?
If they are not using locally built engines they may not be able to sell the new Innova at a price advantage.
Old 1st December 2015, 15:52   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
I have a feeling they might sell the existing model in India till the time the old kits from Thailand and Philippines are not completely exhausted.
Interesting from a strategy point of view:
1. Allow Toyota to place the "new" Innova between the Fortuner and current Innova thereby having 3 cars at 18, 24 and 30lacs
2. Keep the new model for private consumption and the old one for cabs to maintain the exclusivity

Views?
Old 1st December 2015, 15:59   #381
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
Interesting from a strategy point of view:
1. Allow Toyota to place the "new" Innova between the Fortuner and current Innova thereby having 3 cars at 18, 24 and 30lacs
2. Keep the new model for private consumption and the old one for cabs to maintain the exclusivity

Views?
Yes that would be a good plan if they plan to continue with the old Innova. It does make sense as the higher cost of the new Innova will hit the taxi segment.

However the new Innova will probably hit the old Fortuner the hardest. They need to look at getting the new Fortuner quickly after the Innova.
Old 1st December 2015, 22:34   #382
BHPian

During the last few months / years, it is very clear that Innova sales have been 'hit' by the more VFM XUV, given that India is a price sensitive market. I say this as I personally know many current XUV owners who considered the current Innova before making the final decision on a XUV. They all said the same thing, Innova was 'bland interiors' for the price. Now that's only a few people that I personally know. Take this ratio across India and it gives a good indication of how many potential Innova buyers in the past, have actually become XUV owners. And guess what, barring a few niggles, a good majority are happy with their XUV ownership. The threads in this very forum speak volumes of satisfied XUV ownership.

I am sure Toyota is observing this shift that affected their sales chart (the only thing that may have 'saved' them is the taxi segment volume purchases). But they lost a lot of potential private buyers.

To add to the above, there is a lot of discussion going on around the new XUV AT that is recently launched. Many potential owners are still waiting on the fence to see the pricing on the new 2016 Innova, before they make their choice. Given that the new 2016 Innova has a AT gearbox, these on the fence private buyers are waiting to see the pricing of the new 2016 Innova AT and compare it with the recently launched XUV AT.

Based on the discussions going on in this thread, I feel, there can be 3 broad categories of these on the fence potential buyers:

Category 1) If current Innova is sold with a facelift as recommended in a thread here, for sure majority of these waiting on the fence potential buyers will make XUV their default choice

Category 2) Also as suggested in this thread, if new 2016 Innova model is priced at higher prices (for private buyers) and current Innova sold with slight facelift (for taxi segment), a good number of potential private buyers will go down the XUV path as it would still be VFM (relatively).

Category 3) If the new 2016 Innova is launched (the current model phased out) with a slightly higher premium (say INR 1L+-), volumes of potential on the fence buyers will pay the premium and go in for the new 2016 Innova.

In summary, let's hope Toyota does get the 2016 Innova to the Indian market soon and more importantly get's its pricing well.
geotracks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 23:25   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
During the last few months / years, it is very clear that Innova sales have been 'hit' by the more VFM XUV, given that India is a price sensitive market. I say this as I personally know many current XUV owners who considered the current Innova before making the final decision on a XUV. They all said the same thing, Innova was 'bland interiors' for the price.

Very well said !!

Although i did post in the other thread about how different these vehicles are in their appeal.

If they keep the old Innova selling parallel to the new one, I feel that will be a big factor in placing the new Innova as a premium only offering.

Mod Note: Please avoid quoting the entire post while responding

Last edited by ampere : 8th December 2015 at 20:49. Reason: Edited quoted post
Old 6th December 2015, 23:57   #384
BHPian

I got some info from a trusted source that the new innova will hit showrooms in march 2016.
It will be sold alongside the old innova ( for the taxi segment ) atleast for another year and a half.
The price would hover around the 20 lakh mark.
Old 8th December 2015, 18:13   #385
BHPian

As a Innova owner myself(the latest facelift) has travelled through every type of road conditions and that works for me even with the bland interiors people here are nagging about. You need to understand the ride quality Innova offers which the customer expects from its vehicle and not the fancy interiors or the body roll inside which cannot be a plus side for outside looks as well. Somethings are only meant to be experienced rather than talked,"I don't compromise, I am Innova ".
babsmatter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2016, 10:04   #386
Team-BHP Support

The RTO nabbed Toyota's Innova prototype over alleged wrong paperwork

http://www.bangaloremirror.com/banga...w/50474555.cms
ajmat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2016, 10:35   #387
BHPian

SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7

Autocar has uploaded a first drive video of the New Innova.

It looks quite promising and improved in almost all areas be it the exteriors, interiors, performance, ride quality. They estimate it to be priced 15-20% more than the current Innova. No details on the launch date though.

Last edited by mayank0782 : 24th January 2016 at 10:47.
mayank0782 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 24th January 2016, 19:29   #388

Surprisingly the reviewer has missed out to mention on a host of features the new model is coming with. Like the in built wifi, theatre dimming lights, cup holder in the middle row, little tray table behind front seats....thats a lot considering Toyota always has been stingy including such features in its earlier model. All said its worth a wait. Pricing can be key but hey is there a competition anywhere at sight :-). Toyota will continue to fleece us.
Phoenix1980 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2016, 20:17   #389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank0782 View Post
Autocar has uploaded a first drive video of the New Innova.

It looks quite promising and improved in almost all areas be it the exteriors, interiors, performance, ride quality. They estimate it to be priced 15-20% more than the current Innova. No details on the launch date though.

Definitely a great interior improvement over the current Innova. The side profile almost looks unchanged and have hated this profile right through. However must admit, I am a great fan of the Innova once seated(passenger and not driving).
My guess is that the top of the line will be around the 22 lakh mark OTR Bangalore and that's a lot of money for this car.
Toyota knows that it has no completion and will milk us all the way.
Always wonder why Hyundai cannot put up a competitor in this segment? At least it will keep Toyota honest.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2016, 23:07   #390
BHPian

Certainly a great package for a successful product. Toyota has always known to be famous for bland interiors but a bullet proof engine & non-rattle interiors. Pleasant surprise to see Toyota actually incorporating all these goodies.

The next big thing is "connected cars". Honda is already advertising for its "connected car" in India. Wonder if the new Innova will have or would be upgradable in the near future to make it a "connected car'.

Would be interesting to see how the petrol versions of the Innova will sell (influence of Supreme Court hearing on private diesel vehicle over 2.0L engines) as compared to the diesel. The customer anxiety will always be there, what if the Delhi policy moves to other Indian cities - how will it affect resale value of the diesel variant etc. The low diesel pricing in India has always been a attraction for many to own a big diesel 7 seater.
geotracks is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks