Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2015, 15:08   #316
Senior - BHPian

Re: SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7

Its quite evident that the Japanese and Korean manufacturers are simply copying/lifting features from the German cars. There is nothing unique coming from their side. This reminds me of the Japanese needle joke.

Last edited by nitinbose : 14th November 2015 at 15:10.
Old 14th November 2015, 17:18   #317
BHPian

The innova now makes sense...
A 147 bhp, 356 nm power torque figure.
aroun 80bhp/ ton assuming this vehicle weighs 100 kgs above the older version which weighs 1700kgs.
6 speed auto.
creature comforts aplenty.
almost as good as the new ford endy 2.2 auto.
this car is good value even if the OTR price of the Q variant costs upwards of 20 lakhs.

But i notice that the car is not equipped with ESP and cruise control, which are very relevant features for a family log haul vehicle.Certainly a fly in the ointment,
Old 14th November 2015, 18:00   #318
Senior - BHPian

I'm going to be nasty.

With this redesign and if we get all the features in the video, Toyota's pricing strategy will be simple - the Innova moves up to where the Fortuner is now price wise and the Fortuner facelift goes to the Q5, X5 category! All with the supreme safety of two airbags and ABS.
Old 14th November 2015, 18:39   #319
Team-BHP Support

SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by igp_79 View Post

this car is good value even if the OTR price of the Q variant costs upwards of 20 lakhs.

My friend - I was with you till OTR. The current manual Z version top of the line is about 19 odd lakhs mumbai on road. This will undoubtedly be WELL upwards of 20. For the Q/ AT a price of 27 odd lakhs on road will not surprise me at all. V/ AT perhaps 25-26. As a prospective customer I really hope I'm proved wrong for the better but this by any benchmark moves a clean segment above.

My expectation -

current Innova in a lower trim to continue being sold as the janta taxis. (Not for Pvt sale)

A lower mid variant of all new Innova for the premium taxis like hotel cars etc.

The lower mid to mid to higher levels being sold primarily with the private family owner in mind. With ATs being available in top 2 variants.

This will ensure:

- continued volumes through janta taxi segment.
- better product differentiation between the urban pvt customer and janta taxi customer.
- richer margins with the higher price point.
- remaining accessible to a wider priced customer base through sensible variant management.
- also leaves product pricing space if they want to bring on a cheaper different 7 seater altogether to squarely compete with the mobilios and lodgys.

The new Innova for all purposes is a class of 1. It's a different alternate really to the people who may have bought a D segment sedan or a Diesel AT SUV (Fortuner / Endy) not because they needed an SUV per se but because they wanted 7 seats, diesel and AT.

The only challenge is the market conditions are still tough generally. That does present a bit of an issue on how ambitious they can get on pricing but with that brand, the new engine, sophisticated AT and MT (both 6 speed I think), and those interiors, you're gonna see them FLY!!
Old 14th November 2015, 18:51   #320
BHPian

Guess you are right.
But here is hoping that Toyota will not price what after all is a MUV (percieved as inferior to a full blown SUV with the same Bells and whistles aka endy.) that typically appeals to a d segment shopper wanting to accommodate a larger family.
Also hopefully they work under the rationale that an all new version of the same brand/model cannot be catapulted to a totally new segment.
So, here's hoping you are proved wrong.
If not we need to start looking at the Tata hexa.
igp_79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2015, 18:53   #321
BHPian

On the road prices are very deceptive to speculate considering the varying prices in most cities.

I believe the car will start from 15L ex showroom to 20L ex showroom for the top end AT. At this price it will be flying off the shelves considering the small creta is also 14L ex showroom for the diesel AT. Toyota reliability and resale tends to draw users to take a larger loan or spend more upfront for peace of mind later on.

This price could pave the way for 30-35L ex showroom for the new fortuner. The old innova can be retained in the base 2 trims for 10-12L. This should help innova maintain its 4-5k unit sales even increase as it can severely hamper XUV sales as well.

If the pricing is more than 2-3 L more than this then maintaining volumes will be tuff but still knowing toyota there is no way it is going to sell less than 2-3k. It's considerably larger, better to drive and sophisticated then the model it replaces. I own both the innova and the fortuner and can surely vouch for its cars though not so for its pricing strategy.
Old 14th November 2015, 19:08   #322
BHPian

Yup. Am with you.
As a guy who is shopping for a comfortable and rugged 7/8 seater, come september 2016. I am eyeballing the 21 - 25 lakh space.
While the Endy may be slipping past that price point by a good measure, the Toyota and the Hexa ( heartening that our own TATA product can be thus favorably compared. Hope they live up to those expectations) are the ones i am hoping i would be looking out for.
Old 15th November 2015, 01:46   #323
BHPian

Till last week I was thinking I'll eat the bitter pill & buy this overpriced car's facelift/updated version, because its reliable. But now (Edit : with the indicated price predictions) it's just way wayyy too expensive.

Affordability apart, its not like I have endless money to appraise the bloated ego's of these brands.

And even the looks don't impress me SO very much that I'll regret it. The design language looks confused IMO.

I guess my next step will be to search for used Xylo's and post-2013 Tata Aria's around Bangalore. It should save me a decently substantial amount.

Last edited by WorkingGuru : 15th November 2015 at 01:52.
WorkingGuru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2015, 04:53   #324
Team-BHP Support

Given the way Toyota operates , I highly doubt they will produce current generation Innova once they launch new one . This trend of having major difference in prices of different variants is going to get even larger in future as manufacturers tries to meet demands from different segments with one model / platform , even today Basic version of Innova starts at 10,5 Lac whereas Z is at 16 Lac which is like 50 % more than basic .

My estimate will be a starting ex-showroom price of 12 Lac for Basic going upto 20 Lac for fully loaded Z or Q whatever they call this variant .
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2015, 07:54   #325
BHPian

I think a significant chunk of current Innova's sales comes from the taxi segment. A majority of the taxi segment buys into the base version and hence affordability will be key. If the current Innova gets discontinued, they will need to replace the current with the new one at a similar price point. Hence I feel The new Innova will continue at a starting price of around 11L with the the top end AT touching the 18 to 20 L mark.
Old 15th November 2015, 10:58   #326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
I think a significant chunk of current Innova's sales comes from the taxi segment. A majority of the taxi segment buys into the base version and hence affordability will be key. If the current Innova gets discontinued, they will need to replace the current with the new one at a similar price point. Hence I feel The new Innova will continue at a starting price of around 11L with the the top end AT touching the 18 to 20 L mark.
Most of the Taxi Innova I spotted are GX version which come with double AC. Since they usually ferry more than 5 people all time, Double AC is mandatory. As I heard from dealership, the existing Innova would continue in its E,G and GX avatar for a while, the new gen Innova would replace existing V go al the way up 21 lac mark.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2015, 15:09   #327
BHPian

Some more real world pictures of the upcoming new Toyota Innova. For me its a very neutral design, no wow factor but nothing really offensive either. Looks pretty decent in black and the alloy wheel design is also much better than the current gen car. Several examples of the 2016 Toyota Innova have been spotted on a vehicle carrier, suggesting that the company has started dispatching the model to dealers across Indonesia.

SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-2016toyotainnovaside1onavehiclecarrier.jpg
SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-2016toyotainnovarearonavehiclecarrier.jpg

Source - IAB

http://indianautosblog.com/2015/11/t...#ixzz3rYEunrnv

Last edited by GameOfCars : 15th November 2015 at 15:18.
GameOfCars is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th November 2015, 15:29   #328
BHPian

Rear looks well integrated, cant say the same for the front
Old 15th November 2015, 15:46   #329
BHPian

SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7

Some more pics including interior shots
SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-imageuploadedbyteambhp1447582539.903717.jpg
SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-imageuploadedbyteambhp1447582552.256637.jpg
SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-imageuploadedbyteambhp1447582561.021712.jpg
SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-imageuploadedbyteambhp1447582570.538907.jpgSCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-imageuploadedbyteambhp1447582576.889419.jpg
Source:Autocar India FB PAGE
dean5545 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 09:19   #330
BHPian

Looking at the probable price point the new Innova could arrive at, Tata Motors can now have enough breathing space for their Hexa.
Even if the TKM continues the old Innova for fleet markets, Tata Hexa can beat it with striking looks and more features on offer. (Speculating a lot here )

If Tata Motors positions the Hexa in price bracket of 11 - 17 lakhs on road, then I think it will work well.
Let's see How Toyota plays their card this time.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks