Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2015, 18:09   #346
BHPian

Re: SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf9 View Post
Wow. So they launch a so called new Innova with still bare bone feature and price it higher than an already overpriced existing model and it would still sell like crazy. Not to forget the new model look wise is still not there.

Thanks to the lack of competition, Toyota bullet proof reliability, and myth about Innova being extremely comfortable, Toyota can get away with anything.

Automatic is something to look forward.This segment needs it badly.
You said it all in one shot. Looks wise, the Toyota designers have scored 0 with the looks and the cosmetic upgrades it had were even worse.
The new Innova from the pics, is again not a beautiful car to call, but its not for the looks that people buy the car for.

The new one is probably the only innova which would have some features matching to the current offerings from the competitors, or similar offerings. But again that would probably go only to the top spec.

I would like to contradict on the comfortability statement. I would say it is still the most comfortable looking at a chauffeur driven car. The third row again is comparatively better than the rest in the market. (I own an XUV, but innova scores well on the third row, not sure of the lodgy though)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Its good that Toyota has launched the Innova with 150 ps and 350 nm @ a very low 1200 rpm. But then this would not make it to India. After all the D segment Altis was given lesser engine specs, why would Toyota launch the MPV with this spec? This engine puts the Innova in the Fortuner territory. If indeed this is an option for India along with the regular engine, then kudos to TKM, but the pricing would be northwards as is the case with every Innova facelift
This is something that I suspect, the Corolla Altis, is the Indica of above 10 Lakh cars which is extremely underpowered, while the ones sold outside come with a far better engine/output.

They should do the same thing to the new innova, 140 Ps, they might tune it down to something around 120 PS, because they know who buy Innova. It's not for the drive, it's for the ride.

Even the current innova seriously misses the 6th gear where, driving on highways would be a pain, and the same on traffic.

Of course, these were never built for just us (indians) Yes, with the way it goes, the top end should be around 25 which is disappointing. But, since there is no competition, will this eat in the new fortuner sales ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
What basic features are you talking about? The New Innova is quite loaded if you go to see with Led Headlamps, 7/8 inch touch screen with internet connectivity mirror link, hdmi port and what not. Even safety wise it has 7 airbags, VSC and Hill assist. What more do you want in 20 lakh MUV?
That's true, as all these are brilliant and catchy features. They have been selling the current cars with bare minimum features, and they still got sold. The question will be, will all these go to all the variants. ?

Quote:
I know sun roof is missing.
We don't even know the entire feature list yet.
And coming to " myth about Innova being extremely comfortable". This I don't agree at all. That's one of the main USP of the Innova, and it's not just me who will agree to it. It may not be the most comfortable now with the launch of the Duster. But it definitely is in the league of the most comfortable cars this side of the 30 lakh bracket.
Again, I would agree to you here. But the challenge is the next most comfortable car in the list would be around 7-8 lakhs cheaper. And with all the features including the sun roof !!

Last edited by peterjim13 : 17th November 2015 at 18:11.
peterjim13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 21:37   #347
BHPian

The 2016 Innova can also be spotted in this Toyota Advt. Not sure if this was shared before.

sachinayak is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 14:07   #348
BHPian

Silently Indonesia website has been updated and the New Kijang Innova is appearing there with full details. Colors are amazing although many of those colors might not be launched in India.
But the specifications are truely amazing. So it is finally 149bhp 2.4lt Diesel.

Only thing to wait for is the pricing now on Nov 23rd.
Old 18th November 2015, 15:06   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anup7649 View Post
Silently Indonesia website has been updated and the New Kijang Innova is appearing there with full details. Colors are amazing although many of those colors might not be launched in India.

But the specifications are truely amazing. So it is finally 149bhp 2.4lt Diesel.

Only thing to wait for is the pricing now on Nov 23rd.

Price is out. The website was updated few days back I guess.
Old 18th November 2015, 15:57   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Price is out. The website was updated few days back I guess.
Actual Price is out? I remember speculative pricing quoted in Team-bhp this thread.
Old 18th November 2015, 16:51   #351
BHPian

Reference URL: http://www.toyota.astra.co.id/produc...specifications

Interesting to see that automatic is provided for both Petrol and Diesel models across all variants (G, V and Q).

Hope they introduce the same automatic variants in India too.

Last edited by Simhi : 18th November 2015 at 16:51. Reason: added automatic variants
Old 18th November 2015, 18:51   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Actual Price is out? I remember speculative pricing quoted in Team-bhp this thread.

Very sorry. Thought those were the real prices.
Old 21st November 2015, 14:50   #353
BHPian

More pics of the new 2016 Toyota Innova. Somehow the rear overhang looks voluptuous. I hope its not the case when seen in person. Interiors seem to be generations ahead of the current car.

Quote:
Ahead of its global launch on Monday (November 23) in Jakarta, Indonesia, more images of the 2016 Toyota Innova are found on the internet.

The 2016 Innova is the third Toyota product to get the GD diesel engine.
The Black-color Innova is the mid-level ‘V’ variant fitted with a manual transmission. While it offers alloy wheels, a touchscreen entertainment system and a multifunction steering wheel, it loses out on features like projector LED headlights, smart entry with a push button start and optional 17-inch alloy wheels.

To recap, the 2016 Toyota Innova will come with a 2.0-liter VVT-i petrol engine or a 2.4-liter GD diesel engine, which is an all-new diesel engine found in only a couple of Toyotas for now (the 2016 Fortuner and the Hilux Revo use this engine). Both engine variants get an option of a 5-speed manual or a 6-speed automatic transmission.

The 2016 Innova will offer three airbags, ABS and EBD on all variants.
In addition, all variants of the 2016 Toyota Innova (the MPV will be offered in variants of G, V and Q for the Indonesian market) get ABS, EBD and three airbags as standard. The top-end Q variant goes a step further by offering side and curtain airbags, VSC and Hill Start Assist.
Source - IAB

http://indianautosblog.com/2015/11/2...#ixzz3s7EqPJZ2

SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-2016toyotainnovarearquarterblacksnapped.jpg
SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-2016toyotainnovarearblacksnapped.jpg
SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-2016toyotainnovaheadlightblacksnapped.jpg
SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-2016toyotainnovainteriorblacksnapped.jpg
GameOfCars is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st November 2015, 22:19   #354
BHPian

SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7

A detailed video about the interiors.

P. S. There's a part 1 to it too. It covers the history of Kijang hence not adding here.
dean5545 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2015, 22:28   #355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A detailed video about the interiors.
P. S. There's a part 1 to it too. It covers the history of Kijang hence not adding here.
I hope we get better colours for the seats. The one in the video doesn't look good, orange?
Old 22nd November 2015, 11:01   #356
Distinguished - BHPian

Came across a video explaining the features of new Innova. I guess this is again from Indonesian market. Hope these features show up in India version too.

Few features which stood out -

Side airbags
Knee airbags
ESP
Sideways foldable third row
DLNA supported display.

Interiors looks classy, hope they carry forward all black combination in India too.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 09:36   #357
BHPian

Prices are out in Indonesia. Almost near the speculative pricing and they are increased by 1.5 lacs to 2.5lacs INR in direct conversion.
All below are ex-showroom prices.

G MT (Diesel)
Rp. 310.100.000,00 ----> INR 15,00,579.64 --- > Should translate to 18.5 lacs on road in Bangalore.

V MT (Diesel)
Rp. 357.500.000,00 ----> INR 17,29,949.11 --- > Should be around 21.6lacs on road

Q MT (Diesel)
Rp. 402.400.000,00 ----> INR 19,47,221.04 ---> Should be around 24 lacs on road
anup7649 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 11:32   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Prices are out in Indonesia. Almost near the speculative pricing and they are increased by 1.5 lacs to 2.5lacs INR in direct conversion.
All below are ex-showroom prices.

G MT (Diesel)
Rp. 310.100.000,00 ----> INR 15,00,579.64 --- > Should translate to 18.5 lacs on road in Bangalore.

V MT (Diesel)
Rp. 357.500.000,00 ----> INR 17,29,949.11 --- > Should be around 21.6lacs on road

Q MT (Diesel)
Rp. 402.400.000,00 ----> INR 19,47,221.04 ---> Should be around 24 lacs on road
There goes my dreams of buying a new Innova in the drains

I had been planning to buy a family mover for long trips over two years. However, I don't think I would be able to afford to buy even the G MT variant at 18.5 lacs. The options would be either a used Innova or something else from the Mahindra stable.
Old 23rd November 2015, 12:09   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNTLovesNano View Post
There goes my dreams of buying a new Innova in the drains

I had been planning to buy a family mover for long trips over two years. However, I don't think I would be able to afford to buy even the G MT variant at 18.5 lacs. The options would be either a used Innova or something else from the Mahindra stable.
Check the New Innova Indonesia link with various new features. They are exhaustive and amazingly well put-together. Most importantly the maintenance of Innova is so cost-friendly compared to similar segment vehicles.
http://www.toyota.astra.co.id/produc...nova/#color-3d

Mods: Sorry for OT.
If you look at used Innovas, they are still at 14-15 lacs for a 1-2yr old ones with some 30k kms on it. A new one would be better.
Meanwhile, something from Mahindra? I have driven XUV extensively and did not find the rear bench to comfortable for the family purpose( as per your need). So I still suggest take a plunge on New Innova.
Old 23rd November 2015, 12:19   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Considering the features, size and that engine - 1.5 lacs looks reasonable. But, was the earlier Innova priced at par with Indonesia, or higher? I am guessing higher.

There's no options for a cozy, performant diesel 7-seater automatic in the 15-20 Lacs range, new Innova would be a welcome addition.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks