Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2016, 22:38   #406
BHPian

Re: SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
To be honest IMHO the Innova 2016 surely looks like a disproportionate or funky depending on how you see it but to me the Audi like front grill doesn't blend with the Japanese design and Audi/Elite i20 like rear lights on boot looked like an afterthought.

But don't worry this will also sell well as long as there is No competition.

Also surprised at the lack of ACC in the teaser pics as well as the mention in new features list.
and no cruise control for such highway tourer.. that's pretty bad.
Old 29th January 2016, 10:14   #407
BHPian

According to one of my friends, who works for Toyota plant here in Bidadi, the new Innova and Fortuner is still some time away from an Indian launch. He says early next year. And atleast 20% more expensive than the existing Innova.
CarMaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 10:57   #408
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarMaster View Post
According to one of my friends, who works for Toyota plant here in Bidadi, the new Innova and Fortuner is still some time away from an Indian launch. He says early next year. And atleast 20% more expensive than the existing Innova.
The Innova is being launched next week at the Auto Expo. It should be in the market a couple of months after that similar to the Altis in 2014.

However the Fortuner looks to be next year as you said unless Toyota pull in the schedule because of the new Endeavour.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2016, 22:53   #409
BHPian

I was actually very happy that Innova was finally getting updated. However if they would have stopped with the engine and interior upgrade, it would have been enough. The front looks downright ugly. I didn't feel that way until I saw the car in action in the Autocar review. The best way to look at the car is the front three quarter IMO. I hope they don't go too crazy with the price though as despite what I said above I would still line up to buy it just because of what this vehicle offers on the inside.
Old 31st January 2016, 20:15   #410
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
To be honest IMHO the Innova 2016 surely looks like a disproportionate or funky depending on how you see it but to me the Audi like front grill doesn't blend with the Japanese design and Audi/Elite i20 like rear lights on boot looked like an afterthought.
But don't worry this will also sell well as long as there is No competition.
Also surprised at the lack of ACC in the teaser pics as well as the mention in new features list.
I feel that apart from the competition, the Innova's reputation for reliability and near bullet-proof durability is what has helped it hold the lead thus far in this segment. The number of aging examples still going strong on the roads (after several owner changes) is proof! Adding (hopefully!) the newly souped-up engine performance will certainly increase its customer base.
Old 1st February 2016, 23:57   #411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The Innova is being launched next week at the Auto Expo. It should be in the market a couple of months after that similar to the Altis in 2014.

However the Fortuner looks to be next year as you said unless Toyota pull in the schedule because of the new Endeavour.
Are you sure Vid6639, we are waiting for the new Innova. Anyway, we will know within two days.

My dad almost booked the Creta but he didn't find it be a upgrade in terms of space from the City or Verna when he went to check out in the showroom.

Last edited by ecenandu : 1st February 2016 at 23:58.
Old 2nd February 2016, 21:47   #412
Distinguished - BHPian

Rush Lane reports, via an exclusive scoop, that the Toyota Innova Crysta's bookings will commence from February 5th.

This all-new Innova will be offered alongside the older Innova model.

Quote:
Rushlane has learnt from its dealer sources that bookings for the Toyota Innova Crysta (next gen Innova) will commence on 5th February, coinciding with the start of public days of the 2016 Auto Expo.

The latest iteration will co-exist with the existing model for the time being.

The Innova Crysta will make its Indian premiere at the expo tomorrow. The new gen 7-seater introduces a new design language inside out, an advanced ladder frame chassis and a new downsized 2.4-litre GD diesel engine. The Crysta also brings a touchscreen infotainment system, additional equipment and a 6-speed automatic transmission to the table.

The new diesel motor is tuned to deliver 147 PS and 369 Nm. Standard transmission will be a 5-speed unit.
Rush Lane
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 22:11   #413
Team-BHP Support

I'm really curious to know now how the Innova pricing will stack up against the all new Endy. Considering the fact that ford has maintained new Endy price at par with current gen fortuner, IMO it puts pressure on toyota in how much it can hike the price of the new Innova.
Old 3rd February 2016, 16:16   #414
Distinguished - BHPian

Specs sheet & Key Features list of the Innova Crysta is out, thanks to CarBlogIndia:

SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-toyotainnovacrystaindiaspecs.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 16:27   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Specs sheet & Key Features list of the Innova Crysta is out, thanks to CarBlogIndia:

Attachment 1468362
Toyota does it once again!
If this brochure is anything to go by they skimped on safety features yet again.
I am so pissed at Toyota Kirloskar Motors!
Why does Toyota treat us like this, I never understand.
I am still not loosing hope. Will wait and wait till official launch.
dean5545 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 17:08   #416
BHPian

Just saw the unveiling. I'm somewhat disappointed.
They have changed the infotainment system to a 7 inch screen the one in the Innova in Philippines was better.

Why is Toyota Kirloskar giving us this step motherly treatment. I really want someone from Toyota to answer these questions: Don't we pay for your cars at the price you want. Is getting 20 lakhs approx for a MUV still less that you are skimping on safety features in India? or are Indian lives not worth it?
dean5545 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 17:18   #417
BHPian

Well, I would like to take the privilege of answering your questions on behalf of Toyota India.
We do this because, cribbings aside,you people in India ,will eventually shell out money for the greedy pricing we fix and buy our cars like hot cakes. Since you are mad at buying whatever we give, we prefer to strip it and give. Why bother giving much for the same price?
As our moderator GTO has pointed out somewhere ,IIRC in baleno thread about how competition gets the best for us customers,the competionlessness gets the best for the manufacturer.
printh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 18:08   #418
BHPian

+1 Printh..all we indians can do is crib about it and still stand in Q to book the car.
Old 3rd February 2016, 19:48   #419
BHPian

Toyota Kirloskar Motors (TKM) have released some of the features in the official press release.

Finally something to cheer.

1. Cruise Control and

2. 6 Speed Automatic confirmed.

http://www.toyotabharat.com/news/dist/2016/Feb-03.aspx

Here is the snapshot.

Airbags, ABS and EBD and BA is standard on all grades. Number of AirBags not mentioned. Still some hopes left. Let us see.

Edit: Indonesian version lacked navigation and Cruise Control and we seem to be getting it. Cool. Let us hope for more.
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-ashampoo_snap_2016.02.03_19h46m41s_001_.png  

Last edited by mroptimist : 3rd February 2016 at 19:50. Reason: Added some more info.
mroptimist is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 19:51   #420
BHPian

Standard airbags standard? *Sassy Tone* "And what is that supposed to mean?" Seriously, if the Innova is gonna skimp on some safety features offered in some other continent, I'm gonna be super super mad! We pay almost double of what people pay in different countries and we get half the car. This is sincerely non acceptable. The XUV is the car if you want a 8 seater.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks