Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2015, 11:27   #331
BHPian

Hello All

Check out the new Innova commercial, it displayes all the features in the new avatar which will be coming soon to india.

Watch "Video All New Toyota Kijang Innova 2016" on YouTube
Safari_Beast is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 12:10   #332
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7

From the video, it seems to be feature loaded. Considering the current Innova being literally bare bones compared to the 2016 version, wondering how much more will Toyota price it if it gives all these features. It will cross 20 lakhs easy which is almost the double the price it was launched in 2004/2005.
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 13:17   #333
BHPian

I have been on look out for a MUV and understand from some sources that the current generation models' production is being stopped by this year end and during november only limited stocks are being made available.

Does this ring a bell that the new Innova launch in Feb 2016 in India is guaranteed? Also they are talking about 3 lacs+ per model on-road added price.
Old 16th November 2015, 14:54   #334
BHPian

The Toyota badge loyalty in India will fly no matter how much Toyota raises the prices. This is the simple truth!

The Innova has cost more almost each year for the past few years and has still maintained high sales volume. So I guess, for the Indian customer cost is not an issue as far as the 'T' badge goes. Prospective owners will pay the premium. Needless to say that other Companies did come out with 'competition' (Ertiga, Lodgy, Mobilio etc.) to the Innova, but none were really close and guess what, Toyota knows this. e.g. Honda should have come out with a MUV on it's City platform rather than on the Brio platform.

So I guess it would be interesting to see:
(i) How many 'cool features' Toyota takes out of the 2016 Innova and still is able to sell at a higher premium than today to the Indian customer (the lower G variants of the Innova)
(ii) If Toyota does retain all the goodies in the higher V or Q variants, how much they multiply their profit margins by, as the private buyer would want to pay the premium to differentiate from the taxi / cab fleet.
Old 16th November 2015, 15:09   #335
Senior - BHPian

So my uncle from US just came in and while about town with him, he made a quip as to how lovely the Sienna was and how he hated the ugly current-avatar of the Innova. He also said something about why Toyota marketed such beautiful cars in US, viz Avalon, Sequoia, Prius, Corolla, Camry, Lexus etc while marketing such ugly looking cars in India like current avatar of Innova, Liva, Etios, Qualis, Etios Cross ?

Left me wondering, the Toyota makes dependable cars in India, but they go the extra mile to keep them ugly. Hopefully they break that trend with the next-gen models.
lurker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 15:09   #336
Senior - BHPian

Finally Toyota has stuffed Innova with features, Mood lighting seems to be a complete rip off from XUV, And is it just me only the touch screen system seems to be a bit laggy?

Waiting to see the complete list of the features.
Old 16th November 2015, 15:37   #337
BHPian

SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Finally Toyota has stuffed Innova with features, Mood lighting seems to be a complete rip off from XUV, And is it just me only the touch screen system seems to be a bit laggy?

The touch screen units in the Innova, Hilux and Fortuner is laggy. Have seen few videos demonstrating the same. The guys at Toyota must have studied the XUV500 thoroughly.

Guys Toyota can price it's car as high as they want and it will sell. But that doesn't mean it will do that. They are manufacturers too. They will be interested in selling volumes which is simply not possible with a heavy price tag.
So I really don't think the price is going to be very high at least initially. The other day was going through the classic Fortuner review, Toyota had priced it well at 18.40 lakhs ex showroom and the market responded well to it.

Last edited by dean5545 : 16th November 2015 at 15:39.
Old 16th November 2015, 19:17   #338
Distinguished - BHPian

+1 to above. There is no point speculating about pricing yet. Toyota, in India, has so far always priced their cars quite well. The prices have gone up only keeping the demand in sight and I don't see that being a wrong thing. Price the car well and increase the price according to the response. Also considering that they will not like to lose out on the taxi segment, I don't see a major price hike. Lastly, I am quite apprehensive regarding these features. What makes everyone think here that all these features are making their way to India. We still might get only a basic touch screen, 2 air bags, 5 speed MT and a lot of chrome!
Old 16th November 2015, 21:34   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
, And is it just me only the touch screen system seems to be a bit laggy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
The touch screen units in the Innova, Hilux and Fortuner is laggy.
The system is laggy or not cannot be judged from the video. it is deliberately slow to demonstrate the features clearly.
Old 16th November 2015, 21:54   #340
BHPian

Simply Wow !! It seems too good to be true, with all functions & features usually forte of modern day luxury cars and coupled with an AT box, it is definitely going to rid of that people carrier (read call centre cabs) image. Forget MUV, this ticks all the boxes to lure most of the SUV lovers (minus 4X4). If priced right, Toyota after Qualis & current Innova, may rewrite a success story !
Old 16th November 2015, 22:10   #341
Senior - BHPian

If Toyota launch it in India without much changes, Innova rules the roost for the next decade or two easily.

Nothing can match the reliability of Toyota and when it comes with the features as well, its a deadly combo.

Only 'maybe' fly in the ointment would be Toyota's pricing. But they did price the Fortuner sensibly at launch. Hoping for more of the same
Old 17th November 2015, 06:26   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
The system is laggy or not cannot be judged from the video. it is deliberately slow to demonstrate the features clearly.

Could be true.
They have launched the same head unit in the limited edition Corolla Altis. We can give that a try and find out how it is in reality.
Old 17th November 2015, 08:45   #343
Senior - BHPian

If this one is to be offered here with all those features and a 6 speed Diesel AT, a lot of cars across segments are going to get affected. Even the entry level Germans I think.

And if that happens, there is a good chance that Toyota is going to retain the current Innova for the taxi fleet. And the new one exclusively for the private sector. They might be able to control the deliveries for an year at least before yellow plates start to secure it somehow.

I just hope Toyota do not ask for the buyer's left kidney during the purchase of this new one though. They clearly know their strengths in the market. Talk to any Toyota sales person. The words 'resale value' and 'service cost' will be introduced in just 2 minutes after opening a conversation. Hope there is some sanity in the pricing at least initially.

And if that AT is to be offered, hope its available from the lower variants onward.
deetjohn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 10:58   #344
BHPian

From the video, I can't find cruise control ? It is very convenient during highway driving, like outer ring road in Hyderabad.

Do we have news on this.
Old 17th November 2015, 17:18   #345
Senior - BHPian

Really catching up with the competition on this one, aren't they! The only thing I didn't like is the slab sided profile that is very similar to the current Innova, particularly the rear wheel arch. Very well executed, with a host of thoughtful features. Wonder how the Q variant will be named in India - VX?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Considering the current Innova being literally bare bones compared to the 2016 version, wondering how much more will Toyota price it if it gives all these features.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Guys Toyota can price it's car as high as they want and it will sell. But that doesn't mean it will do that. They are manufacturers too. They will be interested in selling volumes which is simply not possible with a heavy price tag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
+1 to above. There is no point speculating about pricing yet. Toyota, in India, has so far always priced their cars quite well.
I think it is quite fair to speculate on pricing especially when we have one ridiculously overpriced example already on sale. We can extrapolate from the existing car given that it is quite bare-bones, and that even the top variant is not very well specced. That said, I am all for Toyota pulling a rabbit out of their hat.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks