Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2016, 17:50   #436
Team-BHP Support

Re: 'Stella' - My Pre-Owned 2015 VW Jetta TDI AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post

Here are some on th fly pics clicked on the mobile phone - better pics coming soon
What a kickass deal N_C. My favourite colour of Jetta and the pre facelift which has almost all the features of the facelift but still retains the classic design. I have a mixed opinion on the facelift and prefer the older one you got.

Hearing about Jetta's on the forum is now making me think hard. lol.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 20:51   #437
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look

Volkswagen Jetta facelift launched in Malaysia – 1.4 TSI single turbo, 150 PS, EEV, 20 km/l.

The 2016 Volkswagen Jetta facelift has just been launched Malaysia, available in three variants: Trendline, Comfortline and Highline, priced at RM108,990, RM117,990, and RM128,990 respectively (retail without registration and insurance). ( ~17.58 lakhs -20.81L)

2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look-volkswagen_jettafl_int23850x567.jpg

The updated Jetta employs Volkswagen’s current 1.4 TSI direct-injection four-cylinder engine, which sports a single turbocharger instead of the outgoing model’s twin-charger (a supercharger and a turbocharger) unit. Already in service in the updated Golf 1.4 TSI, the new motor trades a bit of outright power for additional torque – 10 PS down and 10 Nm up from the previous engine.

Quote:
Now with 150 PS and 250 Nm of torque at 1,500 to 3,500 rpm, power goes to the front axle via a seven-speed dry dual-clutch automatic with manual override (with paddle shifter on the Highline), propelling the updated Jetta from 0-100 km/h in 8.6 seconds, onwards to a 220 km/h top speed. In comparison, the pre-facelift model clocked 0-100 km/h in 8.3 seconds and a top speed of 221 km/h.
Quote:
Exclusive features for the top model include a push-button engine start (placed in front of the gear lever), cruise control, black Vienna leather upholstery, a 12-way power-adjustable driver’s seat and a new five-inch RCD 330G touchscreen head unit with Bluetooth and MirrorLink, linked to eight speakers. It must be noted that MirrorLink is only supported on a limited range of phones, therefore functions such as Waze is not a given here.
Source

Last edited by volkman10 : 26th September 2016 at 20:53.
Old 26th September 2016, 22:10   #438
BHPian

That all black interior looks so classy and elegant. If there was a interior conversion kit, like beige to black, I am sure lot of current Jetta owners would jump on it.
Old 27th September 2016, 01:37   #439
BHPian

Folks, I am looking for an upgrade from my Verna CRDI. I need an automatic, with independent suspension. So, the only choices are Octavia 1.8L TSI or the Jetta HL Diesel DSG. The OTR prices are very close. I am tending towards Jetta, in spite of it being pulled out of India. I am hoping that spares wouldn't be an issue.

Out of the 2 Bangalore dealers I checked, the VW Palace cross doesn't have even a single Jetta in stock (not even a test drive vehicle) and he openly says that the production has been stopped.

The other dealer (Apple Auto, Whitefield), has a Jetta HL DSG (tempest blue). As per the VIN, it was manufactured in Feb 2016 and is being used as a showroom display vehicle (NOT as a test drive vehicle). This is apparently the last piece manufactured in 2016. The discount offered is 45K cash + 10K Corporate. I am going to ask for more discount since it is used as a display vehicle.

In a way, it is good that the car is inside an air conditioned showroom than in a stockyard. I have gone through this thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...ring-date.html

Any other things to be considered before booking? (I will be doing a detailed PDI before registration, though).

He has 3 more 2015 manufactured vehicles, which I am not interested, even though they have a higher discount of up to 1L cash + 10K Corporate.
Old 27th September 2016, 06:37   #440
Senior - BHPian

Tempest Blue is not available in VIN -16 kits. It is 2014 color. Please double check yourself. It might be Silk Blue.
RajaTaurus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 06:54   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Tempest Blue is not available in VIN -16 kits. It is 2014 color. Please double check yourself. It might be Silk Blue.
You are right, it is Silk Blue only, my mistake.
Old 29th September 2016, 00:24   #442
BHPian

I went ahead and booked the Bangalore's VERY LAST, 2016 manufactured, Highline TDI DSG in Silk Blue color. The dealer checked the VW's internal inventory system and confirmed that the factory does not have even a single Highline TDI DSG, but there are around 150 manual Jettas available in the factory.

Already did a mini PDI today and identified some issues to be fixed. The dealer threw in a free 3M interior cleaning before delivery. Maximum discount I could extract was 70K.

Since my company's car lease process is going to take some time, I have asked them to remove the car from the display area. They assured that the car will be stored in the first floor of the showroom, which is fully covered and protected from sunlight and dust.

Immediate Upgrades Planned:
1. Swap out the NCT5s for Michelin P3STs, for the same size.
2. Rear camera (plug and play, which doesn't void the warranty). I did come across one model, but yet to research on this.

The sleepless nights start now

Here are some pictures of the beauty for your viewing pleasure.
2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look-jetta-front.jpg
2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look-jetta-front-left.jpg
2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look-jetta-side.jpg
2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look-jetta-rear.jpg

Last edited by Voyager-1 : 29th September 2016 at 00:25.
Voyager-1 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 06:34   #443
Senior - BHPian

Many congratulations! That is one decision you would cherish for long time to come. The car looks beautiful. Happy and safe miles!
RajaTaurus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 08:35   #444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager-1 View Post
Maximum discount I could extract was 70K.
Congratulations!

Discount could have been 1L+.
We have checked with Palace cross a month back and able to bargain 1.2L (this was for a friend). If you still have some time, please push hard for more discount.
hillsnrains is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 09:19   #445
BHPian

Quote:
I went ahead and booked the Bangalore's VERY LAST, 2016 manufactured, Highline TDI DSG in Silk Blue color. The dealer checked the VW's internal inventory system and confirmed that the factory does not have even a single Highline TDI DSG, but there are around 150 manual Jettas available in the factory.

Already did a mini PDI today and identified some issues to be fixed. The dealer threw in a free 3M interior cleaning before delivery. Maximum discount I could extract was 70K.

Since my company's car lease process is going to take some time, I have asked them to remove the car from the display area. They assured that the car will be stored in the first floor of the showroom, which is fully covered and protected from sunlight and dust.

Immediate Upgrades Planned:
1. Swap out the NCT5s for Michelin P3STs, for the same size.
2. Rear camera (plug and play, which doesn't void the warranty). I did come across one model, but yet to research on this.

The sleepless nights start now

Here are some pictures of the beauty for your viewing pleasure.
Is this at Apple Auto? I spent a lot of time ogling at this very same car when I was buying my CL Brown. Man that's a sexy color.
If this is Apple Auto, think about collecting the car around 4 - 4 30 in the evening. The sun shines at an angle directly at the place where they park the car for delivery, and the effect is fabulous!
Congrats!
bharat4ever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 10:29   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
Congratulations!
Discount could have been 1L+.
We have checked with Palace cross a month back and able to bargain 1.2L (this was for a friend). If you still have some time, please push hard for more discount.
Thank you! Even Apple Auto offered 1L+ discounts for the 2015 manufactured car without negotiations, which I wasn't interested in due to the longer storage periods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Is this at Apple Auto? I spent a lot of time ogling at this very same car when I was buying my CL Brown. Man that's a sexy color.
If this is Apple Auto, think about collecting the car around 4 - 4 30 in the evening. The sun shines at an angle directly at the place where they park the car for delivery, and the effect is fabulous!
Congrats!
Yes, this is Apple Auto and thanks for the sweet tip! I am bowled over by the color.
Old 29th September 2016, 12:46   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you! Even Apple Auto offered 1L+ discounts for the 2015 manufactured car without negotiations, which I wasn't interested in due to the longer storage periods.

Yes, this is Apple Auto and thanks for the sweet tip! I am bowled over by the color.

Congratulations on the Jetta (awesome colour !) and many miles of enjoyable driving
AutoSphere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 13:05   #448
BHPian

VW is testing the common Joe with real tough nuts.
It's already a task to tell the difference between Jetta, Vento and Polo from the front. To add to the confusion, they have a face lifted Jetta which looks almost the same - as old Jetta or Vento or Polo
Acharya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2016, 17:05   #449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
The car looks smashing! It seems your from Mumbai? Drop me a PM if your interested for a drive in and around Mumbai which we do quite often.
Thanks Tanveer. Yep, am from Mumbai..will pm you.
Old 3rd October 2016, 11:31   #450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Hey Epic,

Co-incidence. I was also on the lookout for a Jetta AT to replace my 2010 Jetta CL .

I had gone and checked out this car the day it was listed - liked it but the price that the dealer was asking for a media driven car made me hold back. I gave him my price and let it be.

I was dejected for a while but then I came across this car.

It was a 2014 Jetta AT done only 8000 kms. All papers and service records checked out. The seller was already dealing with 2 individuals and decided to give the car to the highest bidder. I won the bid at 15.40 Lacs

The only things I lose out from the 2015 car -

1) Flat bottom steering
2) New Instrument console
3) Minor change in the front and back.

All other features from the 2015 car are present in the car.

So i got a great car and you did too.

Oh btw - came to know that the seller is Team-BHPian too.

Here are some on th fly pics clicked on the mobile phone - better pics coming soon

Attachment 1558883

Attachment 1558884

Attachment 1558885

Attachment 1558886
Welcome to the Jetta club and congrats on your fantastic purchase!! Lovely colour too. Do take the extended warranty if possible as it is a good thing to have.

The missing features/updates are not a big deal really as at the end of the day the mechanicals remain the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
I think the fog is caused by the humidity in the air rather than water leakage inside headlight assembly. It should be comparable the fogging on the outer surface (one with the higher temperature) of a cold water bottle and fogging on the outer surface of the windshield when the temperature inside the cabin is lower.

I don't know whether there should be some mechanism to prevent this and I might be wrong with the above assumption as well. I will have a word with my SA and update his say regarding the issue.
I am taking my car to the workshop tomorrow to have this issue checked and I hope to have this solved. Will update on the same.
Epic is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks