Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2016, 14:44   #61
BHPian

re: 2016 Volkswagen Vento Facelift spotted testing. EDIT: Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishskapoor View Post
I am so keenly waiting for 3 features:
1. Apple CarPlay (Apple Website mentions 2016 Polo compatible with CarPlay - therefore Vento must get it too.
2. LED Headlights/DRLs (Showcased at the AutoExpo 2016 - 100% expected in 2016)
3. Reversing Camera (like Ameo)

After these 3 features, Vento will be a complete car in my view. Volkswagen, please bring in these ASAP .
Even now, there are no signs of LED DRLs and Reverse Cameras (only sensors are given) and its June.

I think this will be done only in 2017. Disappointed !
Old 20th June 2016, 16:25   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofanwheels View Post
Even now, there are no signs of LED DRLs and Reverse Cameras (only sensors are given) and its June.

I think this will be done only in 2017. Disappointed !
I feel they will update the Vento this year. VW India introduced new features on Polo and Vento in the first week of February - updating the Music system and bringing in new features like rain sensing wiper, etc. The same week - they show us Vento with LED lights at the Auto Expo. This was a bad move. Most prospective Vento buyers were alerted by the LED showcase. Many have settled for some other car or deferring the purchase and waiting for refresh. The sales numbers ever since also verify this - they have deteriorating sales month-on-month for the Vento.

They have to bring a new version by Festive season, after Ameo's competitive advantage is well-advertised and leveraged. Vento needs to be different from Polo and Ameo.
Old 20th June 2016, 23:24   #63
Senior - BHPian

The update (Facelift) to Vento will happen only post Ameo 1.5 TDi diesel launch. As the same updated engine with 110 Bhp will be launched in Vento. I guess it should happen before Diwali just before the festive season begins.

Also with recall of TDi engines, VW is going pretty slow on investments and future launches.
Old 24th June 2016, 20:41   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

A fleet of VAG cars Vento, Ameo ( diesel ?) and Rapid - face lifts ? But what is VW Golf ( LHD) doing here?

Source- Autocolumn

Last edited by volkman10 : 24th June 2016 at 20:50.
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th June 2016, 09:05   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
A fleet of VAG cars Vento, Ameo ( diesel ?) and Rapid - face lifts ? But what is VW Golf ( LHD) doing here?
Source- Autocolumn
most probably testing the new turbo configuration for the 1.5 diesels. its supposed to be a locally sourced blower pushing power up to 110Ps. maybe some testing runs for that.
i heard, from a source, VW is running some euro spec models in india for hot weather/dusty road conditions testing here.
Old 25th June 2016, 13:18   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Nice alloys on the Vento!!. Do they look like 16 inches to anyone? The Malaysian Vento gets 16 inches which really enhances the look of the car.

2016 Volkswagen Vento Facelift spotted testing. EDIT: Launched-vw_vento_highline_ext131.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th August 2016 at 13:44. Reason: Please use the attachment system to upload the image instead of hotlinking it. Thanks!
Old 25th June 2016, 19:32   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Brilliant scoop and thank you volkman10 for sharing it here.

That surely looks like the Ameo 1.5 TDI on test. IMO that Ameo's looks can be forgiven to an extent once that TDI is available with the updated power.

Vento looks sooper sexy with these rims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whichcarnow View Post

Nice alloys on the Vento!!. Do they look like 16 inches to anyone?
Is it only me or VW are going after 'Mass' nowadays rather than 'Class'??

First a Sub 4m sedan, which I personally feel was "Not Necessary". And now these alloys, which have an uncanny resemblance to the Verna's 16" Gun Metal rims.

Suddenly, the Rapid is looking a lot more classy and will turn out to be the true 'European' design in the near future.
Old 26th June 2016, 01:03   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post

Vento looks sooper sexy with these rims.

And now these alloys, which have an uncanny resemblance to the Verna's 16" Gun Metal rims.

Suddenly, the Rapid is looking a lot more classy and will turn out to be the true 'European' design in the near future.
Yeah the Indian Vento (in the scoop) is getting better alloys than the Malaysian one. Just hope they increase the size to 16''.
Old 1st July 2016, 18:05   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishskapoor View Post
Hi Bharat, are you sure about the CarPlay feature on Vento's model existing? I have checked with VW showrooms, they are clueless about CarPlay. Also wrote multiple emails to VW service centre, they've pointed my emails to the concerned department and I never heard back from anyone. Poor "before-sales" service VW India.

Bharat, I feel Apple CarPlay / Android Auto was there, it would have been advertised? Why are they only pushing mirror link?

Hey Ashish by new HU, he meant MIB-II (which are currently available on 2016 Jetta). In Vento we get MIB-I and it doesn't have Apple CarPlay / Android Auto.

VW people are clueless about it, because VW APP-CONNECT is locked in India. Thus even newer Jetta owners can't use Apple CarPlay in India for now.
maddyguage is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2016, 20:08   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

The 2016 Vento was spotted testing in a Volkswagen convoy on the Mumbai-Pune expressway, which included the Ameo TDI and the Skoda Superb.

Doesn't seem to have too many changes externally, hence it can be deduced that the new and improved 108HP 1.5L oil burner is on the test run under the hood of these test mules.

RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2016, 21:53   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The 2016 Vento was spotted testing in a Volkswagen convoy on the Mumbai-Pune expressway, which included the Ameo TDI and the Skoda Superb.

Doesn't seem to have too many changes externally, hence it can be deduced that the new and improved 108HP 1.5L oil burner is on the test run under the hood of these test mules.
From the first image. Looks like the Vento has the LED Headlamps that has been rumored to be coming for several months now. Or are my eyes deceiving me?
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2016, 22:06   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
From the first image. Looks like the Vento has the LED Headlamps that has been rumored to be coming for several months now. Or are my eyes deceiving me?
They do look like the LED headlamps everyone is talking about. But the rumour is that VW might come with Highline Plus variant which would have this, as the headlamp themselves are pretty expensive(80k above)
Old 2nd August 2016, 22:26   #73
Senior - BHPian

I fail to understand why VW jacks up the rear of Vento so much? There is so much gap in the rear wheel well that i can make a 3 year old site inside the wheel well.

Giving good ground clearance is nice but this totally spoils the stance of this car, looks odd and out of sync with the 15 inch alloys, for god's sake, this car has more gap between tyre-fender than an Ecosport with 205 mm clearance.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2016, 12:02   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

VW Vento Highline Plus with LED headlights spied . Expect a festive season launch.

Quote:
The Highline Plus variant introduces LED-powered headlamps with DRLs,inside, all of the equipment from Vento Highline will be seen on the Highline Plus, including rain sensing wipers, auto dimming IRVM, phone book/SMS viewer and Mirrorlink connectivity as part of a new touch-screen infotainment system.
Source

Last edited by Rehaan : 5th August 2016 at 17:39. Reason: Removing pic, as the same pic has been posted a few posts earlier on this page. :)
Old 5th August 2016, 12:18   #75
BHPian

Still do not see a reverse camera , i guess that would still be an accessory if needed . Also this facelift might have the new the ICE that is seen Ameo . With high-line plus OTR Bangalore prices would be close to 16.5 lacs and that is almost in the range of Jetta petrol variants . No wonder there is a rumor that Jetta would be phased . This similar to the Honda City dethroning the civic couple of years ago.
csnanjappa is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks