Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2016, 10:15   #736
BHPian

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
Infact Vipul at Sector 63 had 2 on display. ZDI+ Dual Color and VDi whose pics I have posted.
Could you please share as to what color Vipul Motors have on display?
Old 18th March 2016, 10:41   #737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satz581993Mille View Post
Also, there are reports saying that the Baleno isn't stable at high speeds because of its light weight platform whereas the Brezza with over 1100kg would sure be having a well planted ride at highway speeds.
Food for thought : F1 cars weigh in the range of 700~750 kg.
bhansali_hardik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2016, 10:59   #738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
But isn't that one of the reasons why they are built so low - to reduce drag and increase stability?
Old 18th March 2016, 11:06   #739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
But isn't that one of the reasons why they are built so low - to reduce drag and increase stability?
Exactly, my point. Weight is just one of the factors and not the only factor. The dynamics of car, the aerodynamics, everything should be taken into picture.
bhansali_hardik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2016, 11:17   #740
Senior - BHPian

To propel the sales of Brezza, Maruti has to offer the following dual tone options too:

Red + White
Blue + Black
Yellow + Black

Further more, as I mentioned earlier, the dual-tone should be offered as an option in the lower variants as well.
Old 18th March 2016, 12:25   #741
BHPian

Quote:
Now that the boosterjet engine has been almost confirmed for the Brezza as well, things will get pretty interesting. For example, I was longing for the boosterjet Baleno, but given the option of the Brezza, I'm tempted to pick the Brezza over the baleno simple because you get more car and a dashing design in Brezza. Also, there are reports saying that the Baleno isn't stable at high speeds because of its light weight platform whereas the Brezza with over 1100kg would sure be having a well planted ride at highway speeds. Can't wait for the boosterjet review of the Baleno and the Brezza!
How can they offer the same engine in cars that weigh 300+ kgs apart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Could you explain the "devilish grin" part more, what is it so much exiting about the S-Cross 1.6 that makes you say that?
If you drive mainly in city then 1.6 is not worth it but on the highways nothing beats it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaineer View Post

It was a good experience considering waiting for this day since many months. Well i must say i came out happy and wanting to Drive the car for more.

1. The car is Sub 4 meter but you cannot believe by seeing it alone, it looks a much bigger car.
2. Stance of car is like a full fledged suv and it is impressive on the road.
3. The base variant (greyish back was on display) looks smaller in comparison. I could not figure out why but it definitely feels smaller in comparison.
4. Seating arrangement was good and driving position was high to my liking and seats were comfortable. I felt the seats without the seat covers were a bit boring and less comfortable.
5. Plastics feel just like Maruti and i felt at home (i drive a RITZ)
6. I liked that i could see bonet of car while driving.
How was the steering feel? Did it behave like a 10 lakh rupee car? Are the leather seats good and are they available in blue stitching? Aren't the plastics even slightly better than Ritz?

Quote:
One just can't compare an F1 car to a normal car. F1 cars are planes designed upside down and not comfort oriented at all. They use carbon fibre to reduce weight, it's much stronger and lighter than aluminium.
anycatd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2016, 12:58   #742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
How can they offer the same engine in cars that weigh 300+ kgs apart?
Well this is not the first time manufacturers have done it. Till this date the 1.3L MJD has been used by different manufacturers in various segments of their cars. Even Ford has been doing this with its TDCI.

For example,

the 1.5litre TDCi has been used by ford in the following cars,

Ford Figo - ~1040 Kgs
Ford Ecosport - ~1290 Kgs

Similarly, the difference between the Renault Duster and Renault Scala, Sunny etc are also huge but still they use the same engine. The key is to tweak the engine depending on car to car irrespective of the weight so as to improve the drivability.

With that said, 110PS on a car which weighs 1170 Kgs still has a very strong power to weight ratio. Now imagine 110PS on 865 Kgs of the Baleno .
Old 18th March 2016, 13:38   #743
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
With that said, 110PS on a car which weighs 1170 Kgs still has a very strong power to weight ratio. Now imagine 110PS on 865 Kgs of the Baleno .
Reviews( international) of Baleno with 1.0 Lboosterjet is already available. and it echoes very positive on the drive.

Quote:
The Boosterjet is a little cracker. It revs freely and pulls strongly from 2000rpm, buzzing away pleasantly with an ever-present triple-cylinder rasp
Quote:
Suzuki doesn’t have any acceleration times but it feels somewhere in the region of 10.5sec to 62mph
Quote:
Part of the reason it feels so quick is that the Baleno is built on a new lightweight platform, and as a result weighs next to nothing.That means it’s not only sprightly off the line but also agile in the bends.
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/...sterjet-review
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2016, 14:01   #744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Reviews( international) of Baleno with 1.0 Lboosterjet is already available. and it echoes very positive on the drive.
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/...sterjet-review
Thanks for the article. From the likes of it, I think the baleno with the boosterjet is going to be a beast! However, I think it still won't be able to dethrone the figo TDCi to be the fastest hatch in terms of acceleration in India.

I think the brezza with the boosterjet might take just under 11 seconds max with its added weight to reach 100kmph from standstill which would still be great especially in comparison to the DDiS.

There is new report suggesting that the next gen swift will also have the 1.0l Boosterjet plonked into it. The coming months are going to be interesting for sure.
Old 18th March 2016, 14:03   #745
BHPian

Vitara Brezza Red with black roof on display from the past one hour in Bimal Maruti Mahadevpura ITPL Road
Old 18th March 2016, 14:03   #746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
How was the steering feel? Did it behave like a 10 lakh rupee car? Are the leather seats good and are they available in blue stitching? Aren't the plastics even slightly better than Ritz?
I have not driven a 10 Lakh rupee car for long time so will not be able to draw a comparison. However the steering was quite accurate and much improved than what I drive now.

Leather seats are good and have some yellow colour piping. The other colour available is greyish black.

Plastics feel much better than Ritz but a lot of improvement is desired.
Old 18th March 2016, 18:29   #747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
Vitara Brezza Red with black roof on display from the past one hour in Bimal Maruti Mahadevpura ITPL Road
Any updates on the test drive? Do they have test drive vehicles available?
Old 18th March 2016, 20:53   #748
BHPian

Quote:
Any updates on the test drive? Do they have test drive vehicles available?
Not yet
Bimal had a red black car inside the showroom & a yellow white outside the showroom which was being sent to some other Showroom

No test drive car yet

Sales guy had called me Showroom to have a look as I'd booked by paying 21k last week
Old 18th March 2016, 23:26   #749
BHPian

Vipul at Sec 63 Noida has Yellow/White on display and White Vdi at the first floor.
Old 18th March 2016, 23:53   #750
BHPian

Only metros seem to have recieved demo cars. Nothing in goa yet
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks