Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2016, 19:22   #631
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by karansm4u View Post
Yes, I agree. Maruti is already providing good size tyres and there is no need to upsize these tyres anymore. Instead I still believe that for 90HP Vitara Brezza engine 205 would have been better size tyre. 215 is given in Brezza to give macho/SUVish looks. There should be no need to upsize it anymore as far as Brezza is concern, Better quality tyre is where people should target their search.

Only 1.6 S-Cross folks might go and upsize if they like but even for S-cross 1.6 a better quality rubber with 205/60/R16 itself makes good enough case.
Yes, I agree.
Also GC of vitara is higher than s cross and that might be a reason too for slightly wider tyres.
Old 13th March 2016, 21:07   #632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
The Ride quality in the S cross is definitely superior. After 60kmph, both are almost same. However at lower speeds, the Brezza tends to get a bit unsettled on bad roads(bordering on harsh with single occupant)
What is also noticeable in Brezza is a bit more body roll than S Cross.(nothing alarming,it'll just make its presence felt).

If NVH is concerned, I haven't driven the 1.3L S crosss recently. Hence comparing the 1.6L S cross and 1.3L.Brezza. As far as engine noise is concerned, Brezza is decidedly quieter with far less engine noise at almost all rpms.
Wind noise is more in Brezza than the S cross, and that is due to the ORVMs on the Brezza. Once you fold it, the wind noise considerably reduces. Road Noise is more or less same in both. Do change the OEM JKs on the S cross if you consider them.

For rear space, S Cross is much more spacious and more comfortable too. The seat squabs on the Brezza are too small to provide any decent underthigh support for taller occupants.

Boot space is definitely more in S cross.

What I seriously missed in the Brezza are
1. Auto IRVMS
2. Telescopic adjustment for steering wheel
3. Plastic quality-Its the same as Swift, but the way everything has been put together is what concerns me. Press anywhere around the centre console and the inside door handles and you'll hear a pathetic creak. . No such issues with the S cross.

The Brezza is a jack of all trades type of vehicle. It won't offend anyone and will therefore sell more. However, the S cross appealed more to me.

In terms of percentages, the Brezza does 85% of what the S cross 1.3L does. Deducted those 15% for lack of features in lower variants, pathetic interior quality and some bits here and there.

Regards,
Shashi
Are the plastics really bad? Rattlers? If S-Cross and Brezza were available at the same price then S-Cross would win right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Neither are present in Brezza. No auto dimming mirrors and no HID's just regular projectors with halogen bulbs.

For a 90BHP car, 215 itself is way too much. Maruti have simply gone for 215 to advertise a wider size than Ecosport.

Anything more than the stock size is simply pointless. Please don't waste money at completely ridiculous modifications.
Can we upgrade to HID later? Is it just like a bulb upgrade? I hope the projector assembly is the same for both?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
Thank you for the clarity.
So, no upsize then.
How are Apollo Alnac, should I keep them or trade in for some other brands

As I mentioned, I need tough tyres & I drive in highways & very bad roads, not much in cities
Apollos should be suitable for you. Costlier soft compounds are only for performance and comfort on good roads.
anycatd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2016, 21:31   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
I've booked a Vitara Brezza Zdi+ in Bangalore, chosen Blue with white roof
Expect delivery by this month end or 1st week of April
Since it comes shod with 215/60R16 Apollo Alnac tyres, I'm planning to upgrade or upsize

Experts, need your opinion
Should I upsize to 225 or just upgrade to a different brand with the same size
OR should I stick to apollo itself initially

I'm using Michelin XM2 on my Swift Vdi & am very happy with it
I need stronger sidewalls, good wet & dry grip, silent ride & a long life
I drive mostly on good highways & on broken & horrible roads, don't drive much in cities

Dear sir,

I did not have much of an opinion about Apollo tyres, until I got my polo GT TSI with alnacs last month. I have to say, the alnacs are more than up to their job for most day to day situations. I was seriously contemplating on an upgrade, but find no reason to do so now. They are quite silent and more than decent ride. If you are looking for sporty tyres then these are not for you.

I would suggest to hold on to the alnacs. Forum / peer review might help. My two cents.

Happy motoring.
differential is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th March 2016, 21:35   #634
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by differential View Post
Dear sir,

I did not have much of an opinion about Apollo tyres, until I got my polo GT TSI with alnacs last month. I have to say, the alnacs are more than up to their job for most day to day situations. I was seriously contemplating on an upgrade, but find no reason to do so now. They are quite silent and more than decent ride. If you are looking for sporty tyres then these are not for you.

I would suggest to hold on to the alnacs. Forum / peer review might help. My two cents.

Happy motoring.
I too agree with you.
I got apollo alnacs as stock tyres in my baleno. It is way better than stock JK tyres in my sx4.Alnacs don't excel in anything particular but it provides adequate grip, comfort and not much road noise.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 00:37   #635
BHPian

No leather anywhere...even on the steering? What happened to the beige interiors? No rear AC vents? No AMT? No Micro Hybrid?

WHO ARE MARUTI KIDDING? This is a hatchback on stilts..nothing more.
Screwdriva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 00:48   #636
BHPian

Mumbai OTR prices of VDi and VDi (O)

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-tbhp.jpg
johannskaria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 00:50   #637
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrotek View Post
....It is a crying shame that the rear seat looks the way it does. Even if Maruti didn't offer fully-adjustable rear headrests, the least they could have done is offer a decent set of integrated headrests...Why do these manufacturers go out of their way to make their cars uncomfortable?

That rear seat alone is a dealbreaker...
That's exactly why they give it in certain variants so they can get the customers to buy the bigger variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
....WHO ARE MARUTI KIDDING? This is a hatchback on stilts..nothing more.
Guess you are the only person who didn't know what Maruti was making. Considering there was no such comments in this thread, I assume the rest of the members had their expectation set correct (about the product) and are quite happy with what is on the table!
swiftnfurious is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 01:01   #638

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Considering there was no such comments in this thread, I assume the rest of the members had their expectation set correct (about the product) and are quite happy with what is on the table!
I am one of those not exactly 'happy' with marutis offering . Mind you I am not sad. It is somewhere in between.
Except for the maruti factor and external dual tone(restricted if you don't have the vitamin M) there is not much going for the car.
There is always the ' other' car that excels in that department.
One can have the ecosport for superior driving and car like handling.
One can have the TUV for real ladder-chassis SUV feel and bullying autos along with superior space and imposing driving position.

One can be satisfied with the brezza not Happy
Old 14th March 2016, 01:25   #639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Guess you are the only person who didn't know what Maruti was making. Considering there was no such comments in this thread, I assume the rest of the members had their expectation set correct (about the product) and are quite happy with what is on the table!
Perhaps? Or perhaps its a bit too early to tell? Either way, I purchased a Ciaz ZDI+ because the car felt special for a car that costs 10+ lacs onroad. Sadly, I can't say the same about the Brezza today. It's just not well equipped enough.
Old 14th March 2016, 08:58   #640
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I know that the Brezza is generating a lot of excitement. I still don't understand the point in jumping in and booking a vehicle even before its test driven. The waiting periods on any vehicle will not go on for ever. Take a deep breath, wait for the test drive reviews of Team BHP, do extensive test drives and then book. Currently if you visit a Maruti showroom you will get a 1 km test drive. Is that enough to put down 12.5 lakhs? I am not sure.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 09:02   #641
BHPian

Suddenly after the announcement of ecosport price cuts the thread has turned into brezza thrashing thread.

First of all how has every one reached to the conclusion that ecosport is a better drivers car without any test drive of brezza, team BHP review and has every one forgot the hyundiesque steering of ecosport as expressed by team BHP review itself?
Going by all other products on this platform by maruti, M pretty sure it's gonna be a good drive if not the sportiest one.

Secondly I have seen the car personally and every body in my family agreed that it looks the most well proportioned of the sub 4 meter SUV.

Thirdly the product already meets the 2017 Indian crash safety norms upfront, can't say the same for other cars by maruti Suzuki which are lapped up by people except for the Scross. The same is reflected in its heftier weight of brezza as well.

As for the feature list it does compare much better than stingy volkswagen and Hondas of this price range.

The National engine that is the 1.3 ddis is appreciated in other maruti cars for punching above its weight (brezza is still faster than ecosport as per data posted by some gentle man on this very thread).

So essentially what you are getting is a practical, good looking, we'll proportioned, safe, well built, reasonably fun to drive, fuel efficient car with good feature list at very decent price along with the reliability and support of maruti Suzuki.

How can that be a bash worthy proposition. Is it the basic human desire to support the underdog that is other sub 4 meter SUVs in this segment? I don't know.

But if the frantic rush and energy in the maruti showroom compared the Ford showroom is anything to go by, then general public (matters the most) are lapping brezza up.

Anyway after thoroughly thinking it through, have gone ahead with booking of white Brezza vdi (o).

Delivery time is 6 weeks.
fuelinmyveins is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 10:16   #642
BHPian

Price list for Brezza in Bangalore for various model. The top end model just managed to stay within 10L saving at least 30k in terms of road tax
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-img20160313wa0026.jpg  

vin_b is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 10:28   #643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelinmyveins View Post
Suddenly after the announcement of ecosport price cuts the thread has turned into brezza thrashing thread.

First of all how has every one reached to the conclusion that ecosport is a better drivers car without any test drive of brezza, team BHP review and has every one forgot the hyundiesque steering of ecosport as expressed by team BHP review itself?
Going by all other products on this platform by maruti, M pretty sure it's gonna be a good drive if not the sportiest one.

Secondly I have seen the car personally and every body in my family agreed that it looks the most well proportioned of the sub 4 meter SUV.

Thirdly the product already meets the 2017 Indian crash safety norms upfront, can't say the same for other cars by maruti Suzuki which are lapped up by people except for the Scross. The same is reflected in its heftier weight of brezza as well.

As for the feature list it does compare much better than stingy volkswagen and Hondas of this price range.

The National engine that is the 1.3 ddis is appreciated in other maruti cars for punching above its weight (brezza is still faster than ecosport as per data posted by some gentle man on this very thread).

So essentially what you are getting is a practical, good looking, we'll proportioned, safe, well built, reasonably fun to drive, fuel efficient car with good feature list at very decent price along with the reliability and support of maruti Suzuki.

How can that be a bash worthy proposition. Is it the basic human desire to support the underdog that is other sub 4 meter SUVs in this segment? I don't know.

But if the frantic rush and energy in the maruti showroom compared the Ford showroom is anything to go by, then general public (matters the most) are lapping brezza up.

Anyway after thoroughly thinking it through, have gone ahead with booking of white Brezza vdi (o).

Delivery time is 6 weeks.

QFT, There is no point arguing which one is better then the other. Both have positives and negatives.

Positives for Brezza:
Fresh looks
Wider back seat
Better Mielage
Peppier then Ecosport

Positives for Ecosport
Build Quality
Interiors looks and quality
Cabin Insulation

The major negative which I feel for Ecosport is 4 year old design which is due for a facelift, if you buy one now and the facelift is introduced within a year you would be disappointed with your purchase while you can be sure that it won't be the same case with Brezza. I would be going to Maruti dealership as the SE called me up yesterday and told me that white Vdi is on display. Will click few pics and post them here. Hopefully the Vdi and Zdi share the same interiors...
Switch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 10:38   #644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Guys, I know that the Brezza is generating a lot of excitement. I still don't understand the point in jumping in and booking a vehicle even before its test driven. The waiting periods on any vehicle will not go on for ever. Take a deep breath, wait for the test drive reviews of Team BHP, do extensive test drives and then book. Currently if you visit a Maruti showroom you will get a 1 km test drive. Is that enough to put down 12.5 lakhs? I am not sure.
Maruti is offering full refund if you cancel the booking within a week of the test drive. So, if one likes the car after test drive and book, he will have to wait longer. He will have nothing to lose if he doesn't like the drive. So take a deep breath, book the car if you want it, TD it and then decide.
sourabhzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 10:58   #645
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki's Vitara Brezza petrol varaint,

- Petrol Variant will be launched in later part of 2016.
- Petrol Varaint liley to have an AT in CVT configuration
- Diesel AT is likely to be the AMT Version

Source - CnB Auto show
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks