Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2016, 08:03   #616
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Vitara Brezza vs S Cross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Took a longish TD of the Brezza this evening. It was a ZDi+ variant and it had 215/60R16 spare wheel, shod with Apollo Alnac tyres. However the spare was a black colored steel rim.

Regards,
Shashi
How would you rate the ride quality considering you have driven the S-Cross also? And the boot space? I know S-Cross is a bigger car with large boot space but how Brezza fares in comparison to it matters. Can you please specify it in percentage terms?
Old 13th March 2016, 08:54   #617
BHPian

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrotek View Post
A big thanks to volkman10 for posting the pics of the base variant.
Can't it be fitted as an add-on part from the higher models? Or, is the provision itself missing from the seat back?

Last edited by ampere : 13th March 2016 at 09:18. Reason: Edited quoted content
Old 13th March 2016, 10:14   #618
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Vitara Brezza vs S Cross

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
How would you rate the ride quality considering you have driven the S-Cross also? And the boot space? I know S-Cross is a bigger car with large boot space but how Brezza fares in comparison to it matters. Can you please specify it in percentage terms?
The Ride quality in the S cross is definitely superior. After 60kmph, both are almost same. However at lower speeds, the Brezza tends to get a bit unsettled on bad roads(bordering on harsh with single occupant)
What is also noticeable in Brezza is a bit more body roll than S Cross.(nothing alarming,it'll just make its presence felt).

If NVH is concerned, I haven't driven the 1.3L S crosss recently. Hence comparing the 1.6L S cross and 1.3L.Brezza. As far as engine noise is concerned, Brezza is decidedly quieter with far less engine noise at almost all rpms.
Wind noise is more in Brezza than the S cross, and that is due to the ORVMs on the Brezza. Once you fold it, the wind noise considerably reduces. Road Noise is more or less same in both. Do change the OEM JKs on the S cross if you consider them.

For rear space, S Cross is much more spacious and more comfortable too. The seat squabs on the Brezza are too small to provide any decent underthigh support for taller occupants.

Boot space is definitely more in S cross.

What I seriously missed in the Brezza are
1. Auto IRVMS
2. Telescopic adjustment for steering wheel
3. Plastic quality-Its the same as Swift, but the way everything has been put together is what concerns me. Press anywhere around the centre console and the inside door handles and you'll hear a pathetic creak. . No such issues with the S cross.

The Brezza is a jack of all trades type of vehicle. It won't offend anyone and will therefore sell more. However, the S cross appealed more to me.

In terms of percentages, the Brezza does 85% of what the S cross 1.3L does. Deducted those 15% for lack of features in lower variants, pathetic interior quality and some bits here and there.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 13th March 2016 at 10:20.
Leoshashi is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 13th March 2016, 10:53   #619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Does the ZDI+ have auto dimming mirrors? From the reviews i am not able to see one.
Do the projectors have HIDs?
I had a similar Questions a few threads back.

There seems to be no mention of the IRVM in the brochure as well. From the different videos on the Brezza reviews from various sites, it looks like even the ZDI+ variant has the manual shifting Day/Night mirrors ( assuming this from the stalk that I can see in the IRVM to switch modes and the missing sensors on the IRVM's )

Surprising that this hasn't got a mention in any of the reviews till date.
This is why we guys value our Team-BHP reviews over all the other reviews don't we !

Last edited by ashbhat2 : 13th March 2016 at 10:54.
ashbhat2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2016, 12:33   #620
AWD
BHPian

We tend get swayed quickly & easily, make beelines for booking without even checking out or test driving a vehicle. Whats the "hurry" all about, I fail to understand, are we so impatient, I don't know what!

Post a buy, 98% of the time is spent inside the cabin of a car & Brezzas interiors don't cut any ice with me. They are simply too boring & drab. Yes the outer looks are good but that's all lost once we start spending time inside the cabin. Or in other words the Interiors don't match the exteriors. I can already foresee Maruti improving the interiors during the next vehicle update(whenever its scheduled).

98% of the Reviews by Mags. or T.V. channels we see hardly point out any big negatives/downsides, ofcourse they have their own arrangements with the auto companies due to which end up only & only advertising for the company more than anything else. For a complete & total true picture, go & checkout the vehicle yourselves inside-out. As such due to consumers not demanding for comprehensive test drives, companies are reluctant to offer the same to those who demand for one. The Test drive culture should have grown to newer heights but sadly its been reduced to a mere formality, with some dealers only allowing customers a small TD inside the premises of dealerships or a short 5 min. run on fully mettled road. Therefore consumers solely rely on what they fed on the idiot box, thus never get out of the vicious cycle!
AWD is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th March 2016, 12:40   #621
BHPian

Brezza didn't give a wow factor in simple school uniforms. Ecosport looks more macho. I test drove AT today for half an hour on bad roads, hills, smooth tarmac and can say it's worth every penny. It's a proven workhorse and has lowest maintenance costs. Brezza's Euphoria's beginning can't continue for years but being a Maruti with unlimited presence of dealerships it may appeal to the masses which may keep the cash registers going.
hondacity is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2016, 15:17   #622
BHPian

I've booked a Vitara Brezza Zdi+ in Bangalore, chosen Blue with white roof
Expect delivery by this month end or 1st week of April
Since it comes shod with 215/60R16 Apollo Alnac tyres, I'm planning to upgrade or upsize

Experts, need your opinion
Should I upsize to 225 or just upgrade to a different brand with the same size
OR should I stick to apollo itself initially

I'm using Michelin XM2 on my Swift Vdi & am very happy with it
I need stronger sidewalls, good wet & dry grip, silent ride & a long life
I drive mostly on good highways & on broken & horrible roads, don't drive much in cities
Old 13th March 2016, 15:40   #623

I am looking at the Vitara Brezza for a primary family car. Can anyone tell me about the back seat comfort levels? The backseat will mostly be occupied by my parents and the comfort at the back remains a priority. As someone rightly mentioned, the car looks great but the interiors and backseat don't appear to be so impressive from what I have seen till now.
If someone has seen the car please put some light on this.
Old 13th March 2016, 16:36   #624
BHPian

@GSMINC - the right upsize would be 235/55 R 16, but would definitely be an overkill considering the puny engine and yet -to-be known driving dynamics cum braking. If you insist on upsizing, the usual suspects are the P3st, MC5, Avs dB etc.,. The other extra premium options are Vredestein, Pirelli & Yokohoma advan series.
printh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2016, 17:24   #625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
Since it comes shod with 215/60R16 Apollo Alnac tyres, I'm planning to upgrade or upsize

I'm using Michelin XM2 on my Swift Vdi & am very happy with it
I need stronger sidewalls, good wet & dry grip, silent ride & a long life
I drive mostly on good highways & on broken & horrible roads, don't drive much in cities
It will be an overkill if going for 235/55 R16 tyres. Brezza has the correct size of tyres and actually no need for an upsize. You can look for same size but from Pirelli / Bridgestone / Michellin.
Old 13th March 2016, 17:29   #626
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Does the ZDI+ have auto dimming mirrors? From the reviews i am not able to see one.
Do the projectors have HIDs?
Neither are present in Brezza. No auto dimming mirrors and no HID's just regular projectors with halogen bulbs.

Quote:

For a 90BHP car, 215 itself is way too much. Maruti have simply gone for 215 to advertise a wider size than Ecosport.

Anything more than the stock size is simply pointless. Please don't waste money at completely ridiculous modifications.
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th March 2016, 18:50   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
For a 90BHP car, 215 itself is way too much. Maruti have simply gone for 215 to advertise a wider size than Ecosport.

Anything more than the stock size is simply pointless. Please don't waste money at completely ridiculous modifications.
Thank you for the clarity.
So, no upsize then.
How are Apollo Alnac, should I keep them or trade in for some other brands

As I mentioned, I need tough tyres & I drive in highways & very bad roads, not much in cities
Old 13th March 2016, 18:59   #628
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thank you for the clarity.
So, no upsize then.
How are Apollo Alnac, should I keep them or trade in for some other brands

As I mentioned, I need tough tyres & I drive in highways & very bad roads, not much in cities
They are new tyres but going by reviews of the earlier alnac 4G the alnac 4GS should be equally good if not better.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2016, 19:11   #629
Distinguished - BHPian

It is good to see maruti providing wider tyres in new launches.
Baleno 195/55 R16
S cross 205/60 R16
Vitara brezza 215/60 R16
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2016, 19:19   #630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
It is good to see maruti providing wider tyres in new launches.
Baleno 195/55 R16
S cross 205/60 R16
Vitara brezza 215/60 R16
Yes, I agree. Maruti is already providing good size tyres and there is no need to upsize these tyres anymore. Instead I still believe that for 90HP Vitara Brezza engine 205 would have been better size tyre. 215 is given in Brezza to give macho/SUVish looks. There should be no need to upsize it anymore as far as Brezza is concern, Better quality tyre is where people should target their search.

Only 1.6 S-Cross folks might go and upsize if they like but even for S-cross 1.6 a better quality rubber with 205/60/R16 itself makes good enough case.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks