Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2016, 21:36   #541
BHPian

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Dear Maruti

Well done! You have lived up to your DNA with the Baleno and Brezza, i.e. kitna deti hai. I am not taking away anything from the wonderful cars but all the press etc focus around the awesome mileage and not on the awful power. Everyone wanted the Baleno with DDIS200 but that wasn't the case. Brezza am hopeful you will do something in future.

However, please do continue taking "risks" such as the DDIS320 and ATs. Don't only play the mileage card but also give some power and AT options!

I would love to buy the Brezza but it needs to be more powerful and have an AT - indifferent towards petrol or diesel. You have my money the day you plonk in the 110bhp Boosterjet OR DDIS320 with AT. This is a written offer!
avdhesh15 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 21:42   #542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
Dear Maruti

Well done! You have lived up to your DNA with the Baleno and Brezza, i.e. kitna deti hai. I am not taking away anything from the wonderful cars but all the press etc focus around the awesome mileage and not on the awful power. Everyone wanted the Baleno with DDIS200 but that wasn't the case. Brezza am hopeful you will do something in future.

However, please do continue taking "risks" such as the DDIS320 and ATs. Don't only play the mileage card but also give some power and AT options!

I would love to buy the Brezza but it needs to be more powerful and have an AT - indifferent towards petrol or diesel. You have my money the day you plonk in the 110bhp Boosterjet OR DDIS320 with AT. This is a written offer!
There are not too many like you mate to make it a business sense by bringing out 320. We are not ready to pay the premium for additional power. But I sincerely hope that they take a few risks, as you mentioned, as they are well in position to do so.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 21:46   #543
BHPian

Fantastic packaging. I wish it to be a blockbuster.
While we know it's built on the global C-Platform which also represents Vitara and S-Cross, hence the weight difference with Baleno. It's a more capable platform than the Baleno and rightly being tailored to fit into Brezza. As I was going through pictures and reviews, it's apparent that our Indian engineers have taken S-Cross as a reference and managed to come up with a solid product. This will surely ease some pressure from Baleno.

People who have budget, must go for ZDI+ as all other versions miss out on lovely features. It's definitely a better product(if you are into SUV looks) than Baleno and may be comparable to S-cross. As somebody rightly said about the similarity in price and features in S-cross zeta 1.3 and Brezza ZDi+, it boils down to personal preference.

Go for Brezza if:
- Looks
- Better GC
- Compact size
- Projector and auto lamps/drl etc
- Some good to have features like cooled glove box, under seat storage etc

Go for S-Cross
- Space surely more(including boot)
- The quality of plastics
- Dynamics and handling
- Telescopic steering which is a miss in Brezza
- All 4 disc brakes

It's unbelievable that with every iteration Maruti makes the engine more efficient even with a boxy structure, but I don't think the real world FE will be better than S-cross. The gross weight is actually 10 kgs more than S-cross (1680 vs 1670) which makes me believe that Maruti has not compromised on the build quality.

And finally a small mistake in e-brochure.
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-brezza.jpg
sou_3749 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 22:15   #544
BANNED

With the launch of the Brezza, I have compared the following cars:

Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza vs Ford EcoSport vs Mahindra TUV 3OO

I have put the comparison under following parts:
  1. Specifications
  2. Price
  3. Features

Variants chosen for the Comparison
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-variants.jpg

1) Specifications
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-specs.jpg

2) Pricing
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-prices.jpg

3) Features

A) Base Variant:
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-base.jpg

B) Mid Variant:
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-mid.jpg

C) Top Variant:
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-top.jpg

D) Top (O) Variant:
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-top-o.jpg
a4anurag is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 22:26   #545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
In terms of looks, No. But in most other aspects, scross is in a class of its own. I am not sure how brezza will fare in those aspects compared to scross. As you mentioned, only a test drive will give the details. Can't completely believe these media reports other than Team-Bhp.
Didn't want to spend a lot on a car so had decided to cutback on costs. But min model of Brezza with all essential features turned out to be just a lakh lesser than S-Cross. Now S-Cross prices have increased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Latest tweet by Maruti claims 5600 bookings till today!

My booking of ZDi+ is number 1 in my city. Total bookings in my city is 5, 3 ZDi+ and 2 LDi.
are the numbers correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
Dear Maruti

Another Vitara is lined up for NEXA. The one internationally available. That will get the DDIS320. Don't remember where I read it though but I believe thats the reason for selling Brezza through regular outlets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sou_3749 View Post
Fantastic packaging. I wish it to be a blockbuster.
While we know it's built on the global C-Platform which also represents Vitara and S-Cross, hence the weight difference with Baleno. It's a more capable platform than the Baleno and rightly being tailored to fit into Brezza. As I was going through pictures and reviews, it's apparent that our Indian engineers have taken S-Cross as a reference and managed to come up with a solid product. This will surely ease some pressure from Baleno.

People who have budget, must go for ZDI+ as all other versions miss out on lovely features. It's definitely a better product(if you are into SUV looks) than Baleno and may be comparable to S-cross. As somebody rightly said about the similarity in price and features in S-cross zeta 1.3 and Brezza ZDi+, it boils down to personal preference.

Go for Brezza if:
- Looks
- Better GC
- Compact size

Go for S-Cross
- Dynamics and handling
- All 4 disc brakes

It's unbelievable that with every iteration Maruti makes the engine more efficient even with a boxy structure, but I don't think the real world FE will be better than S-cross. The gross weight is actually 10 kgs more than S-cross (1680 vs 1670) which makes me believe that Maruti has not compromised on the build quality.

And finally a small mistake in e-brochure.
Attachment 1484423
Glamour, Urban and Sporty. What was this about? No mention on Brochure. I would have preferred those alloys.
anycatd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 22:34   #546
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Superb analysis, Thanks for sharing. Makes life much much easier for prospective customers like me.

Got to drive the Brezza today in an enclosed road. Loved the car from the shortish drive. Will be driving it extensively over the weekend to know more about it. Today, it felt like a shrunken S Cross to me in every regard, be it ride or handling or space, which is a good thing. Initially felt the suspension to be overtly stiff, but then it was a case of overinflated tyres which was causing the bounciness.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 23:03   #547
BANNED

Instead of using the 'vitara' badge which is associated with bigger SUVs, maruti should have used the 'gypsy' badge - something like 'Gypsy Lux'. And a 4x4 rugged version with tailgate-mounted sparewheel and a minimum 220mm ground clearance named something like 'Gypsy Rox'.
Old 10th March 2016, 23:36   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Superb analysis, Thanks for sharing. Makes life much much easier for prospective customers like me.

Got to drive the Brezza today in an enclosed road. Loved the car from the shortish drive. Will be driving it extensively over the weekend to know more about it. Today, it felt like a shrunken S Cross to me in every regard, be it ride or handling or space, which is a good thing. Initially felt the suspension to be overtly stiff, but then it was a case of overinflated tyres which was causing the bounciness.

Regards,
Shashi
What were NVH levels like?
Old 10th March 2016, 23:36   #549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sou_3749 View Post
Go for Brezza if:
- Looks
- Better GC
- Compact size

Go for S-Cross
- Dynamics and handling
- All 4 disc brakes
From what we know until now, this is very nicely summarised.

Quote:

Thanks for a really useful comparo. The Brezza looks unbeatable from what we've heard/read since morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
Didn't want to spend a lot on a car so had decided to cutback on costs. But min model of Brezza with all essential features turned out to be just a lakh lesser than S-Cross. Now S-Cross prices have increased.
Look at the brighter side. Since you have booked the Brezza, you have the option to choose the one that you like better. Take a nice long test drive and call the shots thereafter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Instead of using the 'vitara' badge which is associated with bigger SUVs, maruti should have used the 'gypsy' badge - something like 'Gypsy Lux'. And a 4x4 rugged version with tailgate-mounted sparewheel and a minimum 220mm ground clearance named something like 'Gypsy Rox'.
On a lighter note, they should have actually called this "Stingray", going by the anticipated sting competition is likely to be dealt with.

And on the other hand, the Stingray should have been called "Breeze", given the speed at which it disappeared.

PS: Seriously, only pun intended!

Last edited by pannags : 10th March 2016 at 23:52. Reason: Added multi quote; corrected typo
pannags is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 23:54   #550
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'estlavie View Post
What were NVH levels like?
Definitely felt more refined than S cross 1.6 or even the new Swift for that matter. Haven't driven the 1.3 version of the S cross recently, so cant comment on it.

My drive was a very short one to comment properly on such fine aspects. Will be driving again on Monday for an extended period.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 23:55   #551
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

D) Top (O) Variant:....
Did you miss cruise control in the list? Also, I guess the curtain (6) airbags mention should be made against the Ecosport. Such brilliant features definitely need a call out.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 23:56   #552
BANNED

Quote:

Good one. But you need to definitely bring Creta also into this comparison 'competition'. I see a lot of people giving up creta for brezza.

Image source: twitter. I fear the familiar faces of team-bhp are missing in this list. Are we part of it?
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-cdjz1acuuaa21ws.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 11th March 2016 at 00:16.
Old 11th March 2016, 00:25   #553
BHPian

Vitara Brezza vs S Cross

I see lot of users asking for opinion to choose between SCross 1.3 Zeta and Brezza ZDi+. Although most of it depends on the test drives, feature comparison also helps.

I'm posting below comparison of Brezza ZDi+ & S-Cross Zeta versions as they are closely priced in most major cities within a range of 5-10K. In Delhi, SCross is costlier by 34K and in Mumbai, Brezza is costlier by 13K. See below chart.
All prices ex-showroom as of today from respective websites.
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-vb-v-scross-0-prices.jpg

Below quoted posted is comparison of Brezza & Ertiga earlier in this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
I'm listing below feature wise comparison between Brezza & Ertiga.
* All features taken from the respective brochures for Brezza ZDi+ & SCross 1.3 Zeta variants
  • Features that are available on both
    The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-vb-v-scross-1-common-features-1.jpg
    The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-vb-v-scross-1-common-features-2.jpg

• Features that I think are available on both (not mentioned in brochure) (or) with slight variation (or) may not mean much
    The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-vb-v-scross-2-slight-variations.jpg

• Advantage Brezza
    The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-vb-v-scross-3-adv-vb.jpg

• Advantage SCross
    The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-vb-v-scross-4-adv-scross.jpg

• Specifications that are different
    The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-vb-v-scross-5-specifications.jpg

Also attached the Excel sheet if anyone wants to use for further checking or comparison.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx DDiS 200 - Brezza vs S Cross.xlsx (20.6 KB, 468 views)

Last edited by mrbaddy : 11th March 2016 at 00:33.
mrbaddy is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 00:43   #554
BHPian

Re: Vitara Brezza vs S Cross

Quote:
I see lot of users asking for opinion to choose between SCross 1.3 Zeta and Brezza ZDi+. Although most of it depends on the test drives, feature comparison also helps.

I'm posting below comparison of Brezza ZDi+ & S-Cross Zeta versions as they are closely priced in most major cities within a range of 5-10K. In Delhi, SCross is costlier by 34K and in Mumbai, Brezza is costlier by 13K. See below chart.
All prices ex-showroom as of today from respective websites.
Attachment 1484457

Below quoted posted is comparison of Brezza & Ertiga earlier in this thread.

* All features taken from the respective brochures for Brezza ZDi+ & SCross 1.3 Zeta variants

Also attached the Excel sheet if anyone wants to use for further checking or comparison.
How is the turning radius same for both cars? Almost same wheelbase length might be the reason.
Old 11th March 2016, 00:46   #555
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Vitara Brezza vs S Cross

I'll wait for team-bhp review / personal TD to understand the "actual" performance of the vehicle. Like always, the reviews are mixed and all over the place. Same parameter rated differently by different mags. Everyone seems to say the same thing at the end - This is a typical well priced "Maruti" and will sell like one!

Have to give it to the auto journos for their language. I really wish to see another magazine / reviewer who calls a spade, a spade!
  • The diesel motor is noisy, but NVH is good!
  • The ride is stiff, but ride quality is good!
  • There is body roll, but the handling is good!
  • Some of the plastics are bad, but the plastic quality is above average!
  • The gear shift is notchy, but it's enjoyable!
Quote:

I'm posting below comparison of Brezza ZDi+ & S-Cross Zeta versions as they are closely priced in most major cities within a range of 5-10K...
This is freakin brilliant! There's hardly anything that's missing from the S-Cross (1.3) for a customer like me (other than the 1.6). The only thing I would bother is the projector lamps for which I can still do some aftermarket updates.

If the ride & handling is substantially better (in S-Cross), I don't find a reason for someone to opt for Brezza, save for it's looks.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 11th March 2016 at 00:49.
swiftnfurious is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks