Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2016, 20:49   #586
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetroTurbo View Post
The VB effect, Ecosport has dropped prices by INR 50-60,000 (as expected)

Not sure if this was already in this forum. Mods, please delete this post if this is Duplicate
Hey, there is a thread already running on this subject.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-12-lakhs.html

Isn't the price drop near 1.12L?
Old 11th March 2016, 20:52   #587
BHPian

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrvSafe View Post
Hi C'estlavie. Please take picture of the Brezza while you visit showroom. I really wanted to see a white color Brezza. Some one please post if you have it.
Hey DrvSafe I went to the showroom this morning to check the car out. They didn't have the white model there unfortunately. But I took picture or two Red/ black top end ZDi+ model which was present in the showroom.

What follows is my attempt to summarize my experiences and pay back to the Team BHP community, a place where I have learned so much. But please be aware of a few caveats - I am Johnny Average in terms of my understanding of, and engagement with, cars. By no mean am I an enthusiast, although I have learnt a lot on this forum. So if you're expecting from me illuminating insights into the engine bay or suchlike, wait for someone more qualified than me.

In short, these are the impressions of a mango man.

The second caveat is that I already have a bias in favor of the Brezza. I like the vehicle.

The third caveat is that Ecosport just reduced it prices, literally an hour or so ago, making it a hugely VFM car. So please take that into account also. Now to the main part.

I liked the look of the Brezza. Clean lines, great stance, excellently (IMO) designed within its space and price constraints. Should I say it looks really good? Yes, but there’s more to it. With this vehicle Maruti has shown its genius not so much for innovative design, but the ability to keep to ‘the middle path’. Ie it does not have the comparative edginess of the Ecosport, nor the’ In your face’ stance and presence of the TUV 300. What it is, IMO, is just a simple, straightforward ‘mini SUV’ (or ‘SUV-like’) aspect that’s neither blatantly obvious, nor underplayed.

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-pic-1.jpg

So what is the Brezza ‘presence’ ? The best answer would be that, on the street, I think it will be a car that you will neither be able to ignore nor underline as being remarkably outstanding. That may sound like a cop out but it's actually true, I feel (in terms of how much I know about the vehicle at this point in time, this could obviously change going forward).

Space:

Within the constraints of its category, this car seems to have very decent space. I sat in the driver’s seat and at the back and it appeared that there was plenty of space in both cases. The roof seemed quite high and added to the feeling of spaciousness. In terms of comparison, it seems to have more space than the Ecosport and the Baleno (TD’ed both).

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-pic-5.jpg

Comfort:

Can’t obviously speak to ride quality, etc, but I did try the front and back seats. These appear to be just as comfortable as anything I observed in the Ecosport or Creta. In particular, based on sitting for 2 minutes there, I though the driver’s seat on the Brezza appeared to be very comfortable, but of course only multiple TDs can actually tell us the true stroy. I really want to take it for a long TD.

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-pic-4.jpg

Solidity:

I did the whole press down on the metal business- the metal at the sides flexed inwards. Take that for what it’s worth. IMO, this vehicle isn’t as solid as the TUV, but it’s a lot better than the Baleno. MyI kept asking myself - is this vehicle ‘solid’ enough for you C’estlavie? And the answer was’- yes, just about. Le Take that for what it’s worth, also. I think it’s in the range of S Cross solidity (also TDed), maybe a little more though.

Overall Impressions:

I have sat inside and TD’ed the Creta and the Ecosport. Presently there are a lot of opinions on whether the Brezza vehicle can take away volumes from either. I do not know- I doubt whether the Creta will be impacted- but once there’s an automatic on the Brezza, the Creta had better watch out (IMO). What I do know is that in terms of space the Brezza beats both. In terms of ‘solidity’, the other two win out. In terms of street presence, I actually think the Brezza holds its own compared to the other two!

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-pic-2.jpg

Final words- a few reviews quoted a 'passer by' who compared the Brezza to a Mini Cooper. I would rather say that if a comparison has to be made, perhaps this is more a poor man's Skoda Yeti?

We'll see.

Last edited by C'estlavie : 11th March 2016 at 21:01.
C'estlavie is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 21:47   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'estlavie View Post
Hey DrvSafe I went to the showroom this morning to check the car out. They didn't have the white model there unfortunately. But I took picture or two Red/ black top end ZDi+ model which was present in the showroom.

Hey! Great Pics.

Did you also get the OnRoad pricing for Delhi? If you can post the pricelist, It'd very helpful.

Also, which dealer is this?
Old 11th March 2016, 22:31   #589
Distinguished - BHPian

Autocar India's First drive report

OverDrive's First Drive Report

NDTV's CnB's take on Brezza's design

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Vid6639 : 12th March 2016 at 07:55. Reason: Please don't use acronyms for cars. VB is not a valid acronym.
Leoshashi is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 09:59   #590
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Big shoutout to Vid6639 for shooting these pictures & his coverage of the Auto Expo. Thanks for sharing, man!
Dear Mods, when can we expect the review of Brezza to be up and about?

I've read and seen most of the different reviews, either they're nearly identical in few aspects, or they contradict each other or they contradict themselves! Basically, a BHPian might not agree to them.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 12th March 2016 at 10:01.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 10:46   #591
BHPian

Vitara Brezza has garnered 5600 bookings in just 2 days. Since this is launched through Maruti's regular dealership networks, it's reach among the masses will be very good. Also they have priced this competitively.

EcoSport has already faced the heat and the results are there. A price reduction of upto 1.12 Lakhs
Old 12th March 2016, 11:53   #592
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Vitara Brezza - First Drive Review - Car Dekho.

volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 12:50   #593
BHPian

I am really tired to watch the reviews of these so called auto journalists. They are contradicting too much and not keeping the review with a common man in mind and eagerly awaiting for team-bhp in-depth review. My plan is to take car either this year end or early next year and I have zeroed S-Cross and Vitara Brezza. The initial hype and interest will come down after some months to a certain extent, but I think this will be segment leader and waiting periods will touch 4 to 6 months if Maruti does not increase its inventories. Maruti is very bad with managing the backlogs and I hope they will not repeat the same with Brezza.

Overall, Maruti has a winner in its hand
Old 12th March 2016, 14:38   #594
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Dear Mods, when can we expect the review of Brezza to be up and about?

I've read and seen most of the different reviews, either they're nearly identical in few aspects, or they contradict each other or they contradict themselves! Basically, a BHPian might not agree to them.
All good things comes to those who wait. We just wrapped up the drive of the Brezza and knowing our attention to detail, the review will take time (in weeks usually).

The car isn't going anywhere and our reviews are applicable even years later.
Vid6639 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 14:48   #595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
All good things comes to those who wait. We just wrapped up the drive of the Brezza and knowing our attention to detail, the review will take time (in weeks usually).

Can you please let us know which is better to buy Brezza or EcoSport? especially the space inside and ride & handling.
So those who want to book any of them in March can go ahead and book one.
hiren959 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 14:56   #596
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren959 View Post
Can you please let us know which is better to buy Brezza or EcoSport? especially the space inside and ride & handling.
So those who want to book any of them in March can go ahead and book one.

I have exactly the same question as hiren959, but still my choice will not change from Maruti. At the most, if not Brezza then S-Cross, but will have to wait for some more time and vitamin-M before taking plunge for S-Cross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Just to add, we only had half a day with the car. Our photoshoot alone takes more time than that.

We'll be waiting for the Vitara Brezza media car to be available in Mumbai to put it through the full photoshoot & finer observations.
Oh, that's typical Maruti. Well, I might sound nagging but please atleast give lesser mortals like us who can only drool on such vehicles before official launch, a general idea?

Last edited by BoneCollector : 12th March 2016 at 15:10.
Old 12th March 2016, 14:59   #597
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Just to add, we only had half a day with the car. Our photoshoot alone takes more time than that.

We'll be waiting for the Vitara Brezza media car to be available in Mumbai to put it through the full photoshoot & finer observations.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 15:44   #598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Hey! Great Pics.

Did you also get the OnRoad pricing for Delhi? If you can post the pricelist, It'd very helpful.

Also, which dealer is this?
Rana Motors, Safdarjung Delhi.

Below is the pricelist they gave me (does not include warranty)

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-brezzaprice.jpg
C'estlavie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 16:02   #599
BHPian

Does the Brezza remind any one of the Skoda Fabia? May be Brezza is a bit taller? I always thought the Fabia had brilliant packaging. I have no doubt that the Brezza would be an immensely popular model
Old 12th March 2016, 17:13   #600
Distinguished - BHPian

Some more videos of the Vitara Brezza

1. ZigWheels First Drive review

2. Overdrive's Comparo-TUV3oo vs Brezza vs EcoSport

3. CarBlogIndia's First Drive report

PS-One thing I have noticed, most of the reviews are contradicting each other. So till the time our forum's detailed review is out, I recommend members to TD the cars extensively and then take a decision.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks