Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2016, 22:48   #661
BANNED

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
A 4-5 minute video review would have sufficed before the actual review.
You will get a fair bit of the nature of the review by reading the following comments by gto and vid.

Imo, brezza is not for people open to all brands, fe is not a main concern or those who are ok with the service cost and proximity options available for brands other than maruti. Ecosport will be their primary option. For people who are ok with the maruti'sh standard of build quality but primarily target FE and peace of mind from its reach for spares and service especially in the smaller cities, brezza is the default option in suv segment and the primary upgrade option from a hatch. Scross and dzire will now take the backseat for them while Ciaz will cater to people looking at a proper sedan status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

As GTO mentioned in another thread, the Brezza is a good car but average at most things. It has no wow factor and there is more hype around it than it actually deserves.

More than the Brezza, the Baleno looks like a fantastic buy now. It may not feel as solid and is lightweight but has more features than the Brezza (xenon lights, telescopic steering, auto dimming IRVM etc), looks smashing, has better performance and efficiency plus will definitely handle better. It's also 2 lakhs cheaper than the BRezza.

The only thing in the Brezza vs Baleno is the additional 30mm clearance and pseudo SUV styling.

The Ecosport has it's USP as well with the 6 airbags, leather seats as well as solid construction.

If I had to buy a Maruti for after sales, I would look at top end Baleno vs lower trim of Brezza or I would stretch to S-cross Zeta and get a full sized crossover.

The Brezza is in the middle but I think is a compromise vs the Baleno and S-cross.

PS: Going purely by paper specs and GTO's post in the other thread as well as having sat in the car personally at the Expo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
While the Vitara Brezza is a competent Maruti, my pick would be the EcoSport. I say this after having spent 200 kms in the Brezza.

I only buy top-end variants, so will list my reasons accordingly:

- EcoSport has solid build quality, noticeably more so than the Brezza.

- 6 Airbags, telescopic steering adjustment, better sound quality from the ICE etc. All are important to me.

- I like the driveability offered by the EcoSport's diesel, and it has more power too. Petrol or AT is a no-brainer as the Vitara Brezza doesn't offer either.

- The superb leather seats with adjustable lumbar support!

- EcoSport does hold the handling advantage (although the Maruti is also good and doesn't leave any room for complaints).

Vitara Brezza rides better, offers more room at the back & has the trustworthy Maruti support network.

But the depth of engineering in the EcoSport is superior. For this reason, and the ones listed above, I'd buy the Ford if I was shopping in this segment.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 14th March 2016 at 23:18.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 23:09   #662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish_kochi View Post
dear friends,

I am in a buyer's dilemma.
I have booked a baleno petrol alpha on Jan10th. They have ensured a delivery by April 2016. Soon came the news of vitara brezza. In order to avoid the frustration of waiting period did a booking of brezza too, spending 21k, hoping to get it as early as possible, once the vehicle is launched.

I expect some advice from my BHP mates.
The interior of the Brezza is no way near the Baleno and as per various reviews, the Brezza has bad turbo lag which can be a pain in city like Cochin.
Old 15th March 2016, 00:59   #663
BHPian

The waiting period of 6 weeks is for everyone? Hasn't the production started yet? I read some dealer had about 100 cars in stock. Maruti should start delivering by month end. Waiting 2 months even after booking within 24 hrs.
Old 15th March 2016, 03:07   #664
BHPian

Vdi with some sort of kit. The interiors were nothing to write about.
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-1457991234809.jpg  

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-1457991268657.jpg  

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-1457991303187.jpg  

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-1457991337509.jpg  

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-1457991376357.jpg  

Switch is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 07:12   #665
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Isn't that what people were asking Maruti to do with the S-cross. We all know what happened when the S-cross was launched with DDiS320 motor and even after the price was dropped.

More than the Brezza, the DDiS320 was perfect for the S-cross which is what they did but it just didn't work.

As GTO mentioned in another thread, the Brezza is a good car but average at most things. It has no wow factor and there is more hype around it than it actually deserves IMO.
I agree! Except for the styling (in the dual paint job), I feel the S-Cross offers much better value than the Brezza. In fact I am impressed with Maruti think-tank to keep the Baleno and S-Cross with Nexa and the Brezza as a regular Maruti.

And the dual-tone paint job - even the Swift the below looks smart in the blue and white attire.

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-resized20160226165111797.jpg
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-resized20160226165115114.jpg
Old 15th March 2016, 08:58   #666
Distinguished - BHPian

MSRally Championship being flagged off!

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-cdgbc5bvaaaqna.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 15th March 2016 at 09:00.
Old 15th March 2016, 10:29   #667
AYP
Senior - BHPian

The interiors of the VDI look very plain. No steering mounted controls is a big miss from Maruti, especially when the Ecosport Trend has it, and more importantly when the Baleno Delta has it(along with ACC).
No leather wrapped steering even on the top-end variant is extreme cost cutting from Maruti.
It might look a bit more fresh when compared to the Ecosport from the outside but as far as interiors are concerned, the Ecosport is definitely better.
Given an option between a car with better interiors or a car with better exteriors, I will definitely go for a car with better interiors eyes closed. And not to forget the other positives of the Ecosport.
AYP is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 13:05   #668
BHPian

Well Trend is not in competition with Vdi but its in competition with ZDi. The price point of Trend+ and ZDi are about the right comparison. With ZDi you get piano black inserts in the dash and alloy wheels and projector headlamps in Brezza over the Ecosport.
Old 15th March 2016, 14:10   #669
Distinguished - BHPian

As expected , Brezza to get the boosterjet in the petrol variant. To launch in this festive season. Guys awaiting the petrol models need to wait a bit more and could come in an AT variant too.

Quote:
The current 83.1bhp 1.2-litre petrol motor, which powers a host of its hatchbacks including the popular Swift, could be underpowered for an SUV. Besides, opting for the larger 1.4-litre engine, which does duty on the Ciaz and the Ertiga, wouldn’t be viable since the vehicle would lose out on the tax breaks offered to cars of length below four-metres with an engine capacity below 1,200cc
However the engine is to be imported and the quantities as such doesn't justify its localization. The volumes combining with Blaeno RS as such is not lucrative for the local production.
However it is expected the next-gen Swift (code: YSD) which will be based on the Baleno’s lightweight platform and due in 2017/18 is also likely to get the Boosterjet engine for which the localization of this engine could happen.
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-0_0_0_http___172_17_115_180_82_news_booster_jet.jpg

At least 100,000 units a month to justify local assembly.

Quote:
The all-new 1.0-litre petrol engine, which belongs to a new ‘Boosterjet’ family of Suzuki engines, is a turbo-charged 996cc petrol motor having a 12-valve, three-cylinder layout producing an impressive 110bhp at 5,500rpm and 17.28kgm of torque at 2,000rpm
Quote:
Suzuki's 110bhp ‘Boosterjet’ turbo petrol from export Baleno expected around the festive season later this year.
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ol-400834.aspx

Last edited by volkman10 : 15th March 2016 at 14:35.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 14:18   #670
Distinguished - BHPian

Vitara brezza will get 110 bhp boosterjet engine. More details from autocar.
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ol-400834.aspx
Old 15th March 2016, 15:41   #671
BHPian

European Vitara review with Boosterjet. There a 1.4 liter version is used. Indian one will be even smaller, though its a turbocharged one the initial lag will be quite a bit. I doubt it will be better than Multijet apart from engine noise.
anycatd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 16:47   #672
BHPian

Spoke to my SA. Apparently the Brezza VDi variants are already running into "20-24 weeks" waiting. And that's for folks who booked early!

And the waiting time will start from March 27!

I've been a Brezza follower for a while now and even booked within the first half hour of the opening, but if they're going to make me wait 6 months for a vehicle, any vehicle, I'm not sure if I will suck it up or just shell out more and simply go for the Ecosport AT which is now Rs 10.97 Lakh OTR Delhi.
C'estlavie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 17:33   #673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'estlavie View Post
Spoke to my SA. Apparently the Brezza VDi variants are already running into "20-24 weeks" waiting. And that's for folks who booked early!
20-24 Weeks .

This is where Ford's price reduction is a brilliant move. Ecosport is the only other positive option for those who are not brand centric.

Ford needs to push 3350 units to sustain the revenue similar to pre price cut period.

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-fe.jpg

Rough calculation

Ford moved an avg of 2890 units, lets say avg Ex factory price 7.5 lacs

Total revenue = 2890 * 8 = Rs 216.77 Cr,

To generate the same revenue, Ford needs to move 3350 units @ 6.5 lacs, this accounts to incremental units of 460 which should effectively come from Brezza cancellations citing long waiting period. Anything more than this will be bonus for Ford.

If they can maintain 3.5K - 4K units consistently, I'd say they have achieved what they intended to do with the price cut

Note: The ex factory price is a rough calculation arrived at by averaging out the ex showroom price of the variants and reducing about 1.5 lacs from the ex showroom cost
Karthik Chandra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 17:33   #674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'estlavie View Post
I'm not sure if I will suck it up or just shell out more and simply go for the Ecosport AT which is now Rs 10.97 Lakh OTR Delhi.
There is no beating the convenience of an AT in our clogged and terrible city driving conditions. The traffic is going to get worse as years pass by and buying an AT is a great choice, the one in Ecosport is a dual clutch, so that is an added bonus.

Am myself contemplating selling my 4 year old Vento and going for GT TSi since its a pain to drive a diesel mt car in city with its heavy clutch and bumper to bumper traffic.
Old 15th March 2016, 20:33   #675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Ford needs to push 3350 units to sustain the revenue similar to pre price cut period.

Attachment 1486068

Rough calculation

Ford moved an avg of 2890 units, lets say avg Ex factory price 7.5 lacs

Total revenue = 2890 * 8 = Rs 216.77 Cr,

To generate the same revenue, Ford needs to move 3350 units @ 6.5 lacs, this accounts to incremental units of 460 which should effectively come from Brezza cancellations citing long waiting period. Anything more than this will be bonus for Ford.

If they can maintain 3.5K - 4K units consistently, I'd say they have achieved what they intended to do with the price cut

Note: The ex factory price is a rough calculation arrived at by averaging out the ex showroom price of the variants and reducing about 1.5 lacs from the ex showroom cost
What I would suggest taking into your calculations is the profit per vehicle, which would be of equal, if not more, interest to Ford.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks