Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2017, 07:08   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago AMT launched at Rs. 5.39 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
Not exactly VFM. Cheaper. & it's just that.

- 2 years 1,00,000 kms warranty (Celerio gets 2 years / 40,000)

Waiting for someone at Concorde to call me up to say - Yes We are accepting the booking amount !
I agree with all the points that you made. However, what worries me is the T brand and experiences such as the ones that have happened recently:
Quality issues still exist...

Issue 01 - URL

Issue 02 - URL

Also, to make the AMT price look justifed, Tata has gone ahead and hiked the price of Tiago is what I read on the other thread.

Can you point me to where you read about the 2 years / 1 Lakh warranty? I think that is 2 years and 30,000 for the Tiago as per this post here : URL

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 7th March 2017 at 07:11.
Old 7th March 2017, 08:50   #62
BHPian

Good product at a good price. If only they would have launched this earlier.
I don't think that the price is unjustified. Tiago feels more premium than any car that's priced at less than 6 lakhs.
Good luck to the company. Hopefully, this becomes the hatchback of choice for AMT buyers.
Old 7th March 2017, 10:20   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I agree with all the points that you made. However, what worries me is the T brand and experiences such as the ones that have happened recently:
Quality issues still exist...

Issue 01 - URL

Issue 02 - URL

Also, to make the AMT price look justifed, Tata has gone ahead and hiked the price of Tiago is what I read on the other thread.

Can you point me to where you read about the 2 years / 1 Lakh warranty? I think that is 2 years and 30,000 for the Tiago as per this post here : URL
2 yrs / 1,00,000 was mentioned on CarWale.com and on another thread here. Trying to find it.

Let's not get into T brand and what not.
The mismatched B pillar was quickly followed by a similar predicament in a TUV 300.

The horribly painted one seemed to be a one-off really bad example, just like the guy with the white Hexa (on that thread). Once car with multiple issues

Hexa - TML was proactive. Fixed it.
Orange Tiago. As was discussed... Dealer offered best possible solutions. But I too would have wanted TML to be more proactive about it.

The other T brand also reporting issues regularly on those threads.

For me, response from company, willingness to take responsibility and action is what matters.

Anyways, 50,000 Tiago on the road.
Which is a good figure.
The consumer has been loving it.
It's not a 'paper king' like Zest or Nano which get Team BHP COTY but don't ring up sales numbers.

I sat in a Celerio. Test drive vehicle. Sai service Mumbai.
The part where the foot well and the dashboard meet was completely off!
Plastic was detached and broken.

And then I sat in the back seat.

And I am never sitting there again..
After that Tiago... Felt 1 segment higher!
Dr.Suraj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 10:33   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Yes, Tiago is a bit more expensive compared to Celerio. If you compare the prices (Delhi & Mumbai) of both Celerio & Tiago, the difference is almost same......
No, I didn't mean difference in cost between the two cars. Didn't know there is so much difference in ex-showroom price between DL and MH even for the B segment.
Old 7th March 2017, 11:03   #65
Senior - BHPian

Perfect city car this. I know lot of people who have a C segment sedan or a D segment SUV, and are now realizing the need for a small hatch to get through city traffic with much lesser stress. This is where the Tiago fits to a T !

The car looks really good, feels premium, has decent space for city strolls, has the convenience of an AMT now. And the pricing is spot on too... Good job Tata.
Old 7th March 2017, 11:34   #66
BHPian

Awesome and total VFM are the only words come to my mind. We purchased a Tiago XMZ last year for my parents and we are totally satisfied with the car. The features, space and build quality are simply unmatched by any other car in the same category. This is a great car at great price. AMT makes it even more lucrative.
Old 7th March 2017, 11:36   #67
BHPian

Though Tiago is a good product and is also doing good sales numbers, I just hope that entering with an AMT variant at this time is not too late.

Plus, I feel that offering AMT on the diesel too, would've been a wiser. As T-BHP's review of Zest mentions, AMT feels better on high torque engines like diesels. Maybe Tata did not do it because the diesel AMT variant price would've then crossed the psychological barrier of Rs. 6 Lacs.

As far as the comparison with Celerio goes, Tiago is a much more VFM product. Though TML service experience cannot be called top-notch, it looks like they have upped their game and are catching up fast on the others.
Old 7th March 2017, 12:07   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally. Booking a test drive right away.

I had been waiting for it since a long time. Let's see if it delivers. I was almost certain of picking up a Wagon R AMT for my folks, then for sometime was stuck on the Celerio, and for the past few months was waiting for Tiago AMT.
Old 7th March 2017, 12:35   #69
BHPian

Its a very good pricing IMO. But what I feel is that they should have launched an automatic Variant for a lower Variant as well maybe XM or XT. Besides this its a good product and will definitely sell in good numbers.
Old 7th March 2017, 21:51   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
TATA should have launched a diesel AMT too, that would widened the Tiago's appeal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Yes, it was rumoured that XTA & XZA would be the two Trims on offer. But Tata now has launched in only one Trim 'XZA'. XTA may come a bit later (After Tigor's Launch).
The XT AMT and the diesel AMT variants of the Tiago will be introduced after the Tigor sedan's launch, sometime in end-May/early-June.
RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th March 2017, 11:41   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The XT AMT and the diesel AMT variants of the Tiago will be introduced after the Tigor sedan's launch, sometime in end-May/early-June.
Good to know. Tata also needs to include ABS+EBD as part of the "O" variant Safety Pack so people can choose Safety on the lower trims as well. As of now the ABS+EBD feature is available only on the top variant.
Old 10th March 2017, 02:25   #72
BHPian

Booked Tiago XZA.
Sunburst Orange.

Concorde Motors says my booking is the 1st in Mumbai.
Maybe. Who knows.

Launch tomorrow.
Test drive in 10 days.
Delivery in 4 to 6 weeks.

No new colour options.
No discounts.

Opted for Zero Dep.
Yet to get prices of additional warranty and Gold AMC.

Standard is 2 years / 75,000 kms.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th March 2017, 22:16   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
Booked Tiago XZA.
Sunburst Orange.

Concorde Motors says my booking is the 1st in Mumbai.
Maybe. Who knows.

Launch tomorrow.
Test drive in 10 days.
Delivery in 4 to 6 weeks.

No new colour options.
No discounts.

Opted for Zero Dep.
Yet to get prices of additional warranty and Gold AMC.

Standard is 2 years / 75,000 kms.
Will eagerly await your Ownership Review
Also waiting for teambhp official review of the AMT as well...
Old 13th March 2017, 17:20   #74
BHPian

I've been closely viewing this thread since the spotting of the Tiago AMT. The news that the Tiago AMT was launched made me fly in the air. Today, I went to K.H.T motors, Domlur to check out the Hexa. The Tiago standing there made me remember the Tiago AMT. Hence, I also enquired about the Tiago AMT. The SA tells me that the Tiago AMT will be launched on the 29th of march. I was shocked on hearing this. Were they wrong or is it just that each region of the country has its separate date of launch?
Old 14th March 2017, 01:49   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthi.stark View Post
I've been closely viewing this thread since the spotting of the Tiago AMT. The news that the Tiago AMT was launched made me fly in the air. Today, I went to K.H.T motors, Domlur to check out the Hexa. The Tiago standing there made me remember the Tiago AMT. Hence, I also enquired about the Tiago AMT. The SA tells me that the Tiago AMT will be launched on the 29th of march. I was shocked on hearing this. Were they wrong or is it just that each region of the country has its separate date of launch?
29th March is the launch date for Tigor

Not Tiago AMT.
Since I have a copy of the booking form with me I can confidently claim that Tiago bookings have begun.
Coax that dealer to wake up from his slumber and connect higher up if need be.

I will keep updating this thread as regularly as possible.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks