Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2017, 15:39   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago AMT launched at Rs. 5.39 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
Taken the delivery yesterday, one of the first XZAs in Cochin. Hats off to the dealership Concord motors, they did everything to make us comfortable through the entire delivery process. Got the home delivery at 10.30PM as dad was not really comfortable taking the car through mad Friday evening traffic. The SA kept me updated as I was stuck at Bangalore and made sure the car was in pristine condition while delivery.

Overall very happy with the purchase, still thinking whether to swap the stock GoodYears with XM2. I don't have any prior experience with GoodYears, how do you rate it compared to BS.
Congratulations for the new car!

Regarding the tires, I am assuming that they are "Assurance Triple Max" brands by Good Year. If they are, then they have very good dry & wet grip which shall aid in braking in all conditions. But not in the same league of Michelin XM2, especially on the comfort & silence grounds. The GY Assurance is a very good all rounder as I would like to call them. Swap with XM2 only if ride comfort and road noise are your priorities. Grip wise, not too much of a difference to note.

Regards,
Saket.
saket77 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th April 2017, 16:15   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
Sir, booked Tiago XZ (white) Petrol for wife last evening, she has been driving a WagonR manual for last 6yrs, so she's more comfortable with a manual, she says!. The dealer says it's a Feb manufactured car, all OK?
Congratulations! That must have been a sigh of relief for you.
Well, my XZA is Jan manufactured, ergo a Feb one is definitely newer batch.
Taking a delivery in April - sounds good to go!
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2017, 19:02   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
Congratulations! That must have been a sigh of relief for you.
Well, my XZA is Jan manufactured, ergo a Feb one is definitely newer batch.
Taking a delivery in April - sounds good to go!
Sure is! Thanks for your inputs. While at the showroom, also drove the Tigor Petrol back to back, is it my perception or is the Tiago peppier than the Tigor? I found it to be so. IMHO more than a lakh of rupees difference between the Tiago XZ and Tigor XZ is not justified, considering that the engine remains the same. They should've given the Tigor a four cylinder engine from the Zest petrol.
Old 8th April 2017, 19:19   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

A friend of mine was sold on the Grand i10 Auto and asked me whether he should pick the 2016 model with the ABS on Auto or the 2017 facelifted model without ABS in Auto. I suggested the 2016 model and also requested to take a look at the Tiago Auto which comes with ABS.

Discussions and days later after a TD, the guy is sold on the little TATA on account of the terrific VFM proposition. He says the Hyundai is better on the quality / looks and space front (albeit slightly) but he just can't ignore the price Vs feature on offer on both the cars.

Will make the decision next week, though I know he is inclined 90-10 on Tiago-Grand i10.

Hyundai - that's one newbie driver showing you a middle finger for your terrible product placement with NO ABS on the Auto and lapping up a TATA for it (primarily) inspite of his affordability. Kudos to TATA for offering complete safety kit on the Tiago Auto.

Edit:: He said the Grand i10 (2017) was 7.96L OTR Chennai while he was offered 80K off on the Sep 2016 Auto making it 7.3L or something - Tiago is costing him 6.45L OTR with extended 2 years warranty + free 1st year service. Sounds a very good deal to me.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 8th April 2017 at 19:25. Reason: Added "Edit" portion
swiftnfurious is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th April 2017, 19:53   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Hyundai - that's one newbie driver showing you a middle finger for your terrible product placement with NO ABS on the Auto and lapping up a TATA for it (primarily) inspite of his affordability. Kudos to TATA for offering complete safety kit on the Tiago Auto.
Good Decision (if he finalizes on the Tiago). Also, I would say if he has the higher budget, he could also evaluate the Ignis Zeta variant. If one has the higher budget, Ignis Zeta does offer a better deal in terms of AMT Smoothness, Turning radius etc. Based on reviews, the suspension and Ride Quality of the Tiago is supposed to be better though. However, its also important to note that TATA does not offer ABS as an option in the lower variants, its available only on the XZ and XZA variants. This is something TATA needs to work on as well.

However, when I see the Monthly Sales Chart I am extremely surprised at the sales numbers of the i10 Grand. I surely feel the Tiago and the Ignis should sell more and eat into i10 Grand as more and more people become aware of the safety features

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 8th April 2017 at 20:00.
Old 8th April 2017, 22:14   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
Sure is! Thanks for your inputs. While at the showroom, also drove the Tigor Petrol back to back, is it my perception or is the Tiago peppier than the Tigor? I found it to be so. IMHO more than a lakh of rupees difference between the Tiago XZ and Tigor XZ is not justified, considering that the engine remains the same. They should've given the Tigor a four cylinder engine from the Zest petrol.
I have pointed out a detailed list of differences between Tiago and Tigor on the Tigor thread. Minor but perceptible ones.

Quote:
A friend of mine was sold on the Grand i10 Auto and asked me whether he should pick the 2016 model with the ABS on Auto or the 2017 facelifted model without ABS in Auto. I suggested the 2016 model and also requested to take a look at the Tiago Auto which comes with ABS.

Discussions and days later after a TD, the guy is sold on the little TATA on account of the terrific VFM proposition. He says the Hyundai is better on the quality / looks and space front (albeit slightly) but he just can't ignore the price Vs feature on offer on both the cars.

Will make the decision next week, though I know he is inclined 90-10 on Tiago-Grand i10.

Edit:: He said the Grand i10 (2017) was 7.96L OTR Chennai while he was offered 80K off on the Sep 2016 Auto making it 7.3L or something - Tiago is costing him 6.45L OTR with extended 2 years warranty + free 1st year service. Sounds a very good deal to me.
Wow. That is indeed something.
Request you to coax him to add 3 years/60,000 kms Gold AMC (approx 17k)and 2+2 years extended warranty (approx 13k) and enjoy complete peace of mind. Especially this being his first Tata and this makes it an even better VFM offering.
Old 8th April 2017, 22:53   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...Request you to coax him to add 3 years/60,000 kms Gold AMC (approx 17k)and 2+2 years extended warranty (approx 13k) and enjoy complete peace of mind. Especially this being his first Tata and this makes it an even better VFM offering.
He said they offered the extended 2 year warranty in the OTR price + the first year service is free too (not sure what's the deal or did they add these into the price offered to him. He is told both (EW + 1st year service) is free. With this, I can't seem to make a lot of sense for paying 17K for the service for 3 years. Wouldn't the yearly service cost 3-4K at the max?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
...I would say if he has the higher budget, he could also evaluate the Ignis Zeta variant. If one has the higher budget, Ignis Zeta does offer a better deal in terms of AMT Smoothness, Turning radius etc...
I personally can't find the price of Ignis worthy of the car. It's a bl**dy hatchback and I can't see a reason why it should cost 9L. If I compare it with the Elite i20, Ignis doesn't even hold a chance to sell at that price.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 8th April 2017 at 22:55.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2017, 08:32   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I personally can't find the price of Ignis worthy of the car. It's a bl**dy hatchback and I can't see a reason why it should cost 9L. If I compare it with the Elite i20, Ignis doesn't even hold a chance to sell at that price.
The ABS + Dual Airbags on all variants + the AMT option on multiple lower variants has it going for the Ignis. The i20 has only one automatic variant which is upwards of 10L barrier as well.

When the Ignis AMT gives the i10 Grand AT the run for money (lack of ABS) - why compare with the likes of i20? Of course all this equation comes into play when one considers an Automatic as a mandatory element of the discussion...

On the other topic, isn't the first year service for Tiago free for all? I believe the 3 Free Services kick in at: 2 months, 6 Months and 1 year - but would appreciate others confirming on this.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 9th April 2017 at 08:41.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2017, 10:44   #159
BHPian

Quote:
He said they offered the extended 2 year warranty in the OTR price + the first year service is free too (not sure what's the deal or did they add these into the price offered to him. He is told both (EW + 1st year service) is free. With this, I can't seem to make a lot of sense for paying 17K for the service for 3 years. Wouldn't the yearly service cost 3-4K at the max?

a Gold AMC is much more than just your annual service cost. It also includes free labour and free parts of consumables like (but not limited to) clutch (not applicable in automatic D-uh), brake pads, AC gas, alignment right up to wiper blades.
Does not include tyres and electronics.
While I did not use the AMC much in the Nano (still was worth every penny) it was a boon in the Manza with the clutch master and slave cylinder changed.

Secondly, Tata does offer a VFM proposition even in silver AMC.
Fellow BHPian Madhu33 informed of this Factoid.
Silver AMC for the Manza cost 17k Rs for the 60k, 70k and 80k service.
Had I not opted for the AMC the timing belt change at 70k itself would have cost me 15k.
A fact verified with Concorde before purchasing as well on the bills after the service.

Same was the case with Nano Silver AMC. 1 service cost 4k. 2 years silver AMC cost 4k (which includes 2 services)

So I calculated it this way.
If the Nano service cost me 4k. I can expect the Tiago to cost 6k per service. 3 years. 3 services would be 18k. AMC is 17k. AMC would also include other things covered, so it made sense to me. Although I have read somewhere that now you can't randomly claim AMC for other repair work, only at time of service. Which is fine with me. This is just my 2 cents. I have found great value of this AMC in 2 Cars over the last 4 years. Especially it being Tata.
Things have surely changed, the Tiago has no complaints whatsoever unlike say the Manza. So worst case scenario I may not 'benefit' from this AMC, but I surely won't lose anything either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
The ABS + Dual Airbags on all variants + the AMT option on multiple lower variants has it going for the Ignis. The i20 has only one automatic variant which is upwards of 10L barrier as well.

When the Ignis AMT gives the i10 Grand AT the run for money (lack of ABS) - why compare with the likes of i20? Of course all this equation comes into play when one considers an Automatic as a mandatory element of the discussion...

On the other topic, isn't the first year service for Tiago free for all? I believe the 3 Free Services kick in at: 2 months, 6 Months and 1 year - but would appreciate others confirming on this.
Yes. 1st 3 service free. Completely.
1500 kms / 1 month
6 months
1 year
You are correct sir.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2017, 11:20   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
a Gold AMC is much more than just your annual service cost. ...AC gas...
Other things I guess it does, but AFAIK it doesn't include AC Gas. It wasn't covered in my cousins Nano during the recent service of his car through Gold AMC.

Could you/anyone please check their AMC booklet & clarify on this. My cousin hasn't been provided his AMC booklet nor have the service centers been forthcoming to requests for the same. They dismiss it saying "its all online" in their dealer software.

Edit : Even IMO additional silver AMC is very useful provided service is done on time. Also one should ensure they get the booklet & keep an eye on the service history.

Quote:
Yes. 1st 3 service free. Completely.
1500 kms / 1 month
6 months
1 year
You are correct sir.
Not *completely*, Only labour is Free for first 3 services. The disclaimer was written in the free service tokens.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 9th April 2017 at 11:31.
GrammarNazi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2017, 12:11   #161
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
... 1 service cost 4k. 2 years silver AMC cost 4k (which includes 2 services)

So I calculated it this way.
If the Nano service cost me 4k. I can expect the Tiago to cost 6k per service. 3 years...
4K for a routine service for the Nano & 6K for the Tiago??! The last I remember is paying 3.5-6K for my Swift depending on the items to be changed. Has the service costs gone North for TATA??
Old 10th April 2017, 00:10   #162
BHPian

Finally took a test drive of Tiago AMT today.

Never saw the car from inside till date. Tiago does look nice from inside and has good equipment on offer but unfortunately it was parked beside Tigor, which a stunner. Tigor looks simply fantastic, wish they had launched AMT but anyways, let get back to Tiago.

I drove it for around 4-5kms. On Sunday afternoon in Gurgaon, traffic was moderate and we were 4 people in car. Did it intentionally to check how good it pulls with 4 onboard. I must say that the lag between 1st & 2nd gear is very prominent. After using sports mode, it becomes better but I am not sure if that is the solution one would look for in regular driving.

In city mode, car behaves okay but you press the A-pedal at whatever intensity, AMT seems to work at its own pace. You would not feel the urgency in City mode. In Sports mode, Tiago holds gear for longer period and it results in much better response. Guess its good for fast moving traffic. I did a quick overtake in city mode and felt somewhat confident.

While parking, as people pointed out earlier, one needs to be conscious as creep mode is no use at even slight inclines, and pressing the A pedal results in car moving at very fast pace. Overall a good car with few shortcomings, none are deal-breaker though. There seems to be 2-3 weeks waiting though SA told me that if I book a silver XZA, he has few of them in stock and can be delivered ASAP.

Service Adviser told me that Tiago XZA does not come with 3rd year extended warranty offer and AMC offer of 2 years.
Asked him to confirm it again, which he would call back and let me know. Also asked him to confirm the warranty on AMT (Module/Part) as Maruti offers 10 years/160,000kms warranty on its AMT (read somewhere in T-BHP)

Now, comparing it with Ignis Zeta AT, ignis definitely feels much eager, AMT is smoother and it being lightweight would help keep fuel bills down. AT ignis thread, people are claiming average of 18, which would be same if not more than avg. of Tiago.

With running of 1500-1700 kms a month, I am thoroughly confused now.

Last edited by roushan84 : 10th April 2017 at 00:12.
roushan84 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 09:27   #163
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roushan84 View Post
...With running of 1500-1700 kms a month, I am thoroughly confused now.
Isn't that a diesel territory? You might as well look at the Zest D AMT if you need a diesel AMT.
Old 10th April 2017, 09:47   #164
BHPian

It kind of is. But zest amt at 9.5 otr would be a little stretch for me. Also its almost 3 yesrs old design now. considering the difference of just 10 bucks per ltr, I thought its time I should explore petrol automatics.

Ignis Diesel AMT - yet to see anyone buy it or any feedback on forums/online, so slightly skeptical.

Unfortunately no ther diesel AT in range of 6-9 lac

Last edited by roushan84 : 10th April 2017 at 09:48.
Old 10th April 2017, 10:41   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roushan84 View Post
Service Adviser told me that Tiago XZA does not come with 3rd year extended warranty offer and AMC offer of 2 years.
Asked him to confirm it again, which he would call back and let me know. Also asked him to confirm the warranty on AMT (Module/Part) as Maruti offers 10 years/160,000kms warranty on its AMT (read somewhere in T-BHP)

Now, comparing it with Ignis Zeta AT, ignis definitely feels much eager, AMT is smoother and it being lightweight would help keep fuel bills down. AT ignis thread, people are claiming average of 18, which would be same if not more than avg. of Tiago.

With running of 1500-1700 kms a month, I am thoroughly confused now.
I checked on your point about the 10 Year warranty from Maruti and it is true. Here is a link : URL

Now that is an interesting point which kind of favors Maruti AMTs. I did not know about this before. Does anyone have any idea how much it would cost if an AMT module did go bad?

Also, can the Extended Warranty and the AMC Modules be taken up later before the end of the standard 2 year warranty?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks