Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2017, 21:13   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Are Tatas offering any touchscreen music system which can also double as reverse camera display as add-on?
Absolutely.
Its present in the Tigor.
Nice one too.
Straight match to the slot in Tiago.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2017, 22:09   #122
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago AMT launched at Rs. 5.39 lakh

Guys whoever is booking a Tiago AMT, do bargain hard with the SR. I managed to get Rs 10000 discount and free floor mats .
archat68 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 5th April 2017, 22:48   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys whoever is booking a Tiago AMT, do bargain hard with the SR. I managed to get Rs 10000 discount and free floor mats .
Wow. And thanks for the tip!!!
Old 5th April 2017, 23:09   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the Tip.

I am planning to check out the car in next 2-3 days and book either this or Ignis.

Still terribly conflicted over Tiago XZA or Ignist Zeta AT

Its either refined K2 motor, fuss free ownership experience with too busy interior and little wired exterior or a Class leading interiors or Tata with 3pot engine and a 1st Batch of AMT (Huge risk).

Lets hope I am able to decide on what to compromise
Old 5th April 2017, 23:36   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roushan84 View Post
Thanks for the Tip.

I am planning to check out the car in next 2-3 days and book either this or Ignis.

Its either refined K2 motor, fuss free ownership experience with too busy interior and little wired exterior or a Class leading interiors or Tata with 3pot engine and a 1st Batch of AMT (Huge risk).

Lets hope I am able to decide on what to compromise
The AMT is not 1st batch per se. Zest and Nano had it.
Old 5th April 2017, 23:52   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Was it 10K on the final price which include items like the Extended Warranty or did you manage to get the Discount on the Base On Road Price itself? Need this info for my negotiations

Quote:
Originally Posted by roushan84 View Post
Thanks for the Tip.
If your budget includes a Zeta variant then I would put my vote for the Ignis. The AMT is butter smooth with very less lag. The turning radius is small as well (4.7m) compared to the Tiago (4.9m) which makes a lot of difference in City Driving.

I had a tough time deciding between the Tiago XZA and the Ignis Delta itself, but now I am leaning more towards the Tiago given that it would be fully loaded with features such as Driver Seat Adjustment, Alloy Wheels, Better Music System, Rear Defogger/Wiper etc... Given Bangalore prices, the Delta AMT variant itself is 7.02 L OTR

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 5th April 2017 at 23:54.
Old 6th April 2017, 08:44   #127
BHPian

PDI of my car done.
Wonderful experience at Concorde and super smooth sailing thanks to the SA Kashif Merchant. Odo showed 75 kms, which was the same as what the Nano showed when it came to Concorde from stock yard in Bhiwandi.

One more TD of the AMT done, especially for my wife. Must have been the longest test drive ever.
Kashif was very patient in explaining every single thing to a complete newbie like my better half (who has only driven the Nano till date). Could not have asked for a better experience.

Some basic RTO formalities and our baby should be home soon.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 11:40   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Was it 10K on the final price which include items like the Extended Warranty or did you manage to get the Discount on the Base On Road Price itself? Need this info for my negotiations

If your budget includes a Zeta variant then I would put my vote for the Ignis. The AMT is butter smooth with very less lag. The turning radius is small as well (4.7m) compared to the Tiago (4.9m) which makes a lot of difference in City Driving.

I had a tough time deciding between the Tiago XZA and the Ignis Delta itself, but now I am leaning more towards the Tiago given that it would be fully loaded with features such as Driver Seat Adjustment, Alloy Wheels, Better Music System, Rear Defogger/Wiper etc... Given Bangalore prices, the Delta AMT variant itself is 7.02 L OTR
The discount is on road price.

Regarding ignis , I test drive it first. The delta is 6.7 L on road in Kolkata. No discount and two months waiting. The drive was good but I didn't find the interior appealing. The Tiago with 6.3L on road is more VFM for me.
I was seriously looking for the Celerio zxi (o) which is around 5.6 L on road after discount and fits almost all requirements. But I found the steering to be quite hard which was a let down for me as I have a shoulder problem. For Tiago the Tata brand name is the only letdown. But I took a risk.
archat68 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 15:11   #129
BHPian

Torn between the Tiago XZ or XZA and I10 Grand Sports for wife. Firstly, did TD of Tiago petrol manual and AMT, both. The car is absolutely marvelous, no doubt. The only issue, and a major one at that, is in the AMT, viz while reversing into a gate or double parking into a gap between cars, the reversing crawl speed is frightfully high and you end up modulating between the A and B pedals constantly resulting in a jumping camel like movement......quite distinct from the smooth approach possible in a manual. No easy task. Rejected the AMT on this account, since wife will have to reverse into a gate on a daily basis. Wish they had disabled the creep function in reverse at least. Now its top model tiago manual vs the mid model I10 Grand which is still more expensive by 40k after discounts over the tiago. But the smoothness of the 1.2 Kappa motor just can't be compared to the 3Cyl Tiago petrol, almost sounds like a very well disguised nano engine! Up to the wife now, whatever she chooses.....my vote will go to the Tiago, being an ex Indica and Manza owner who has driven both machine past a lac, each! Pray that she chooses the Tiago.
windiesel is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 15:16   #130
BHPian

Yes I agree that reversing speed in AMT is high. Even in my Celerio it is quite high. Initially when I started driving I found it bothersome but now I've got used to it. So I don't think it should be a major concern.

Thanks
HappyRoadie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 16:33   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
...the reversing crawl speed is frightfully high and you end up modulating between the A and B pedals constantly resulting in a jumping camel like movement......quite distinct from the smooth approach possible in a manual. No easy task. Rejected the AMT on this account, since wife will have to reverse into a gate on a daily basis...
When you have a creep function, why bother with the accelerator while reversing? You should only use the brakes.
swiftnfurious is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 17:08   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
Torn between the Tiago XZ or XZA and I10 Grand Sports for wife. Firstly, did TD of Tiago petrol manual and AMT, both. The car is absolutely marvelous, no doubt. The only issue, and a major one at that, is in the AMT, viz while reversing into a gate or double parking into a gap between cars, the reversing crawl speed is frightfully high and you end up modulating between the A and B pedals constantly resulting in a jumping camel like movement......quite distinct from the smooth approach possible in a manual. No easy task. Rejected the AMT on this account, since wife will have to reverse into a gate on a daily basis. Wish they had disabled the creep function in reverse at least. Now its top model tiago manual vs the mid model I10 Grand which is still more expensive by 40k after discounts over the tiago. But the smoothness of the 1.2 Kappa motor just can't be compared to the 3Cyl Tiago petrol, almost sounds like a very well disguised nano engine! Up to the wife now, whatever she chooses.....my vote will go to the Tiago, being an ex Indica and Manza owner who has driven both machine past a lac, each! Pray that she chooses the Tiago.
I too reversed the Car in my test drive and on contrary I found this feature to be useful as in most of the cases while reversing I dont have to press the accelerator unless its an inclined surface.The only thing which need to be practiced is releasing your foot from the brake.I think its just that in MT cars if you accelerat hard,the car will reverse faster.

I got my vehicle in Yard and hopefully in next few days it will be home
amit_mind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 18:00   #133
BHPian

If you use ONLY the creep mode - that is release your foot off the brake and stop when needed, you won't find it this 'treacherous'.
Frankly the A pedal is hardly needed! I guess it's force of habit for guys like us who have been driving manuals for years to immediately jump to A.
Just let off B, let it do it's job. Be a little patient.
Everything works like a charm.

Just my opinion.

Also - lovely offer by TML - lucky draw ranging from Power Banks, American Tourister Backpacks, Headphones - all the way upto a 1 lakh Tanishq voucher
http://3millioncars.com
Dr.Suraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 18:30   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
When you have a creep function, why bother with the accelerator while reversing? You should only use the brakes.
Easier said than done....my driveway up the gate in at an incline.
Old 6th April 2017, 18:37   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
If you use ONLY the creep mode - that is release your foot off the brake and stop when needed, you won't find it this 'treacherous'.
Frankly the A pedal is hardly needed! I guess it's force of habit for guys like us who have been driving manuals for years to immediately jump to A.
Just let off B, let it do it's job. Be a little patient.
Tried exactly that sir, but a smooth reverse maneuver up an incline is just not possible in an AMT, which is possible in a manual or a Torque Converter Auto box. have not tried the DSG/CVT boxes in reverse, so can't comment. Checked out the I10Grand Auto and Tiago AMT, they are lightyears apart.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks