Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2017, 21:10   #241
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibot View Post
The front of the car looks astonishingly good! I wonder is they've decided to go for chic retro designs on their cars. The Ignis would be a case in point. I'm a fan. Looks like a premium high end design.
The front is similar to the just released 2017 SWIFT for Europe. They have kept a similar front grill design and this will also be the front look of the 2018 Swift (India)

Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire-1111.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 24th April 2017 at 21:12.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2017, 21:23   #242
BHPian

After the grand success of baleno, maruti had put very good efforts in this facelift and it looks chic. If they can add some trendy colors it can easily retain its 15k numbers per month without breaking any sweat. It also comes with ACC which the current one lacks?
jaganpec2002 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2017, 21:31   #243
BHPian

Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire-cmgk4kuwaaomxh.jpg

Must say, this just went from being the ugliest sub compact to amongst the prettiest ones, right up there with Aspire! Infact it has a prettier rear than Aspire, IMO. Looks even better in white (Photoshop shared by @cyrusdhabar on Twitter). I am wondering how it looks like in the other colors like brown and red.
autorahul is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th April 2017, 21:32   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

This is the best looking Dzire ever and if not for the chrome, it is a really good update by Maruti. AMT option in both petrol and diesel will also add to sales. Good news for Maruti Shareholders
audioholic is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th April 2017, 21:38   #245
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganpec2002 View Post
. If they can add some trendy colors ---
Here is the color line-up.

Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire-44.jpg

ACI - First look video,

Last edited by volkman10 : 24th April 2017 at 21:41.
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th April 2017, 21:42   #246
Team-BHP Support

Looks a million times more proportionate than the outgoing car.

The front would look much better if the chrome grill outline was a thin line, with only the center two slats flanking the 'S' in chrome (top and bottom slats blacked out).

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 24th April 2017 at 21:44.
Old 24th April 2017, 22:02   #247
Senior - BHPian

Very good effort, specially after the second generation Dzire. Front looks good, the Blue color too is good looking.
I am happy to see the black A-pillar go away. Design proportion is smart and the boot integration isnt akward. Larger boot welcome.
Surprise : Even Top end Ciaz doesn't get adjustable headrests, whereas Dzire gets those. Hope Maruti offers rear adjustable headrests as a part of standard equipment.

However, one concern which I faced in Dzire whenever I occupied rear seat : Taking my feet out of the car. I am attaching an image where the I have highlighted an area in yellow oval shape. That space was seriously limited in the second generation Dzire. And if the car happens to be a cab, the added layer of seat cover and extra cushion on seat make if even more difficult to take my feet out of the car. Egress was very difficult. I rather preferred Wagon R/Xcent/Amaze over Dzire due to this reason (my shoe size is 10, and safety shoes size is 8; this might not be an issue with everyone).

From the image, things are bit improved it seems, but will go and check it out once the car is on sale.

EDIT : AMT is going to get Maruti some good numbers. Both the fuel variants getting AMT is advantageous. This could be another Maruti with a waiting list.
Attached Thumbnails
Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire-team-bhp-new-dzire.jpg  

Last edited by aaggoswami : 24th April 2017 at 22:07.
aaggoswami is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th April 2017, 23:01   #248
Senior - BHPian

Commendable effort by the engineers.

Compared to outgoing DZire, this Car looks proportionate, has better boot, better leg room, better shoulder room, AMT diesel etc.. list goes on and all that with sub 4m package

Should tick most of the boxes of Majority of the car buyers in sub 10 lakh segment

Great job!!
Old 24th April 2017, 23:51   #249
BHPian

Old and new.

Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire-dzire.jpg
400notout is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 25th April 2017, 00:09   #250
BHPian

It maybe just me but that front is not working out for me. It looks very tame and lame. It is as if some one modified an Ambassador to give it a new look and this is what came out. Maybe it might look better in person, who knows however at the moment it is not good in retinas and post production of the images to my head and then heart. I'm sorry, no offence to anyone here, just my personal opinion.
None of it is original in any way or form. Maruti doesn't make fronts and grills like these. Ford does and they do it very very good and they look well proportioned, aggressive and classic. Maruti has a done a shameless copy paste of Ford designs and failed at it. There is nothing aggressive about that look. On the contrary it fits nowhere and looks weird. And again, this is my personal opinion. I mean no harm to Maruti lovers or those who are going to buy this thing.

Last edited by Zappo : 25th April 2017 at 13:39. Reason: Please avoid using unnecessary lines that can cause concerns for others. We have taken the Doctor out of your post.
Old 25th April 2017, 00:37   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
... Colour changing LED's will be too expensive for Maruti to offer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagateja View Post
I think, the color temperature/White balance of the indoor photos is playing a trick or two here...
Thanks for correcting me guys, yes those are normal LED DRL, nothing fancy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibot View Post
Let's hope they price it competitively!
I am keeping my hopes low due to these thoughts,
  • Ciaz has been shifted to Nexa, so this is going to be the only "sedan" in regular Maruti Suzuki showroom, while main competitors have Amaze/City or Xcent/Verna, catering a wide spectrum of buyers looking for a car with a boot. This gives MSIL a wide price band to play with.
  • Current Dzire is already the segment leader by a huge margin, so this better looking premium one must sell even better.
  • None of the recent launches (Ignis, City, WR-V, Tigor etc) had aggressive pricing. Maybe VFM for what premium, segment first features they offered but definitely not aggressive like Baleno, Tiago etc were.
Let's hope MSIL shocks us with the pricing in a good way.

Last edited by Debajyoti : 25th April 2017 at 00:40.
Old 25th April 2017, 00:59   #252
BHPian

The Ground Clearance has been lowered from 170mm to 163mm. Is this a cause to worry for a weekend or occassionall drive to the hills.

We've to check whether the suspension has been stiffened. Or else, it'll bottom out with 4-5 people on board.
Old 25th April 2017, 01:09   #253
Distinguished - BHPian

Some finer details, courtesy Autocar Professional:

Quote:
Despite having the same 3995mm length, the car grows in wheelbase by 20mm, enabling increased legroom, both in front and at the rear. Overall proportions see an increased width at 1735mm (+40mm) and a slightly lowered height by 40mm, now at 1515mm.
The front overhang has been cut short from the outgoing car to liberate more space on the inside and in the boot, which has grown 60 litres in capacity to now offer a total volume of 376 litres.
According to Maruti, it aims to retain and woo its major target audience, 44 percent of which includes business owners, salaried professionals and those with small families, under the age of 35 years.
The top-end Z and Z+ trims will also feature 15-inch precision cut two-tone alloy wheels. The car will see a total of six paint shades to be offered now, with Oxford Blue, Sherwood Brown and Gallant Red making their presence into the shade card for the first time.
With the added width, the cabin now goes on to offer 20mm more shoulder room at the front, which is slightly better in the rear, at being 30mm more.
The new Dzire sees extensive use of ultra high tensile and high tensile grade steels, making it safer and conforming to the upcoming BNCAP crash norms, which mandate new models to adhere to such standards from November 2017.
The compact sedan is high on safety. Maruti has made ABS with EBD, dual airbags, seatbelts with pretensioners and load limiters and rear ISOFIX tethers and anchors as part of the standard safety kit on offer across all 14 variants.
Transmission options, however, include a 5-speed manual, as well as an Automated Manual Transmission (AMT), also called Auto Gear Shift (AGS) in Maruti-speak, on both the petrol as well as the diesel engines from the 'V' trim onwards.
Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire-dzirefrontthreequarter.jpg

Good to know that Maruti has upped the safety quotient in the new DZire. Standard safety features across the range is a very welcome move.

The incoming BNCAP crash norms are showing their effect!
RavenAvi is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 25th April 2017, 02:10   #254
BHPian

Nice job by Maruti. The front has a slightly Mini-Cooper-ish stance. Also the alloys for once look like alloys, for the last few cars that Maruti released it was almost like they were trying to make alloys that looked like hubcaps.

The only jarring note is the faux wood on the interiors, which looks out of place and downright cheap (especially in this segment where nobody is going to mistake it for anything else).

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post

Does that mean that there is not much difference between the old Swift platform and the new lightweight modular platform of Suzuki?
The platforms are completely different. The new Swift and Dzire are based on the new lightweight platform that Suzuki first used for the Baleno which was designed from the ground up. Obviously there would be some visual similarity in some elements, but the technical parameters show the extent of the difference.

Last edited by chncar : 25th April 2017 at 02:14.
chncar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2017, 06:38   #255
Senior - BHPian

Definitely a commendable effort in design and if safety features are standard, that's the way to go. Kudos to Maruti. They have another winner here.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks