Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2019, 13:30   #1696
Senior - BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Saw one on test ride from the Kadubeesanahalli showroom. Not a that different looking but pleasing one. Have some nice pics from the US review with different interiors

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2...-drive-review/

Last edited by srishiva : 9th August 2019 at 13:34.
Old 9th August 2019, 14:00   #1697
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramansh View Post
My creta 1.6 petrol (manual) gives 9-9.5 kmpl in city, i believe seltos 1.5 petrol will return a little higher mileage figure than the creta due to bs 6 engine and slightly lower bhp figure.
We were discussing about Automatics, And depends on city you drive also, My Honda city TC gives 9-10 kmpl in Bangalore, it used to give me 12 kmpl in Hyderabad. So i see you driving in Delhi must be much better than cities like Bangalore.
Old 9th August 2019, 14:10   #1698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post

Sorry, but I think you meant to write something else!

by healthy 6' 2" person, he meant (fat/obese/overweight or well built)

by your mileage may vary, he meant your experience may be different.
Old 9th August 2019, 15:49   #1699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
by healthy 6' 2" person, he meant (fat/obese/overweight or well built)

by your mileage may vary, he meant your experience may be different.
Of course it was sarcasm. Sir you went deep on explaining 'mileage', I was going literal with that (see your first line)

Anyway TGIF!
Old 9th August 2019, 18:06   #1700
BHPian

Not sure if the stuff is OEM but found this video floating in YouTube.

DASKD24 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2019, 18:10   #1701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post

I am also in the same boat as you and am looking for a worthy replacement for my Laura, but not finding any! The Laura / Octavia is a great car and apart from a high ground clearance and service network, it excels in everything (my experience). Mine is 2.0 TDI Manual and it is around 7.5 years old now (still have another 2.5 years to go before the 10 year NCR rule).

I will probably wait till Jan 2020, when all cars will be BS6 variants and hopefully there will be few more options like the Skoda Kamiq also available by then.
Thanks for explaining much appreciated. Since my Octavia is not even a year old I want to save it from scrapes and such and buying a crossover seems like the best bet.

I am waiting for the Seltos DCT TD to be avalible. In the mean time I did try the trailhawk but its not my cup of tea. Skoda Kamiq might be a good idea but its sure gonna be expensive maybe around Compass price what you think?
Old 9th August 2019, 18:12   #1702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASKD24 View Post

That chrome garnish pack and the Alloy wheel protector looks absolutely hideous. Why would you buy a car with such beautiful rims and then cover them up with ugly plastic? The pillows also look super cheap. The MG accessories on the other hand look higher quality.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 9th August 2019 at 18:46. Reason: video link removed
TG_F196 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2019, 18:21   #1703
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brishti View Post
I am waiting for the Seltos DCT TD to be avalible. In the mean time I did try the trailhawk but its not my cup of tea. Skoda Kamiq might be a good idea but its sure gonna be expensive maybe around Compass price what you think?

The Kamiq was initially expected in the 12-17 lacs ex showroom.bracket, but finally when BS6 comes in, it may jack up the prices a bit. But positioning wise, it will be aimed at the Seltos and Creta segment with a high degree of localization. We should have more details hopefully by end of this year as the BS6 rollover has affected most car makers and their planning. Many cars will eventually be discontinued (the Corolla is an example) as manufacturers Don't want to do the effort of upgrading to Bs6 for such small volumes. The Seltos is a good decision by Kia in that they are already giving a BS6 compliant version much before the deadline.
In essence a BS4 car bought now in Major Metros (like Delhi NCR) cannot be sold and re-registered even by a second owner incase of resale and will have to be sold in non metro cities, which will drastically affect resale values. So it is better to wait a few months and buy the BS6 version which will have better resale value too.

Last edited by Behemoth : 9th August 2019 at 18:22.
Old 9th August 2019, 19:22   #1704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
The Kamiq was initially expected in the 12-17 lacs ex showroom.bracket, but finally when BS6 comes in, it may jack up the prices a bit. But positioning wise, it will be aimed at the Seltos and Creta segment with a high degree of localization.
It will be similar to the Creta/Seltos in terms of dimensions but it will be in Compass category in terms of positioning and pricing. If I remember correctly, the Yeti costed little more than the Laura and similarly Kamiq should be priced on par or even above the Octavia.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2019, 19:59   #1705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG_F196 View Post
That chrome garnish pack and the Alloy wheel protector looks absolutely hideous. Why would you buy a car with such beautiful rims and then cover them up with ugly plastic? The pillows also look super cheap. The MG accessories on the other hand look higher quality.
Couldn’t agree more,

I checked with the SA on service, maintainence packs, accessories etc. No one had a clue.
Old 9th August 2019, 20:46   #1706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASKD24 View Post

I did not like anything from the accessory list. It just made the car look ugly. Why do people like so much chrome?
Kia badging on side protectors? Gross. The car itself looks so handsome. Doesn't require any accessory.
Wheel protector seems fine for people who park their cars in busy city lanes.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 10th August 2019 at 08:38. Reason: fixed quote
Old 9th August 2019, 20:50   #1707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
I did not like anything from the accessory list. It just made the car look ugly. Why do people like so much chrome?
Kia badging on side protectors? Gross. The car itself looks so handsome. Doesn't require any accessory.
Wheel protector seems fine for people who park their cars in busy city lanes.

Yep!
Looks like someone setting up a Quickr garage store
IMHO i feel the top variant is studded and loaded enough to look for any specific accessories.
Old 9th August 2019, 20:55   #1708
BHPian

Took TD of 1.4 manual today. The pickup was really amazing, didn't really have much turbo lag. The torque felt quite similar to Diesel engines, but at low rpms, I did feel some jerks (common with most petrol). (I am used to diesels, generally don't have a habit of down shifting frequently)

Car seemed rev happy, went from 20 to 65 in 2nd gear, that too very quickly.

Mileage was a tad on the lower side. MID showed 6.4kmpl, but this was mostly due to bumper to bumper traffic. At open stretches, people would have floored the accelerator, whenever there was a chance, as did I. TD vehicles typically show 3-4kmpl lesser mileage than normal. I honestly don't expect the car to give less than 10 on normal city runs, which appears fine.

Would not give high marks on ride quality. Found the suspension stiff, as mentioned by several users.

Safdarjung Kia has over 400 bookings and their Gurugram counterpart over 800. I don't expect the delivery to happen before year end.
aarvee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th August 2019, 21:05   #1709
BHPian

Shifting-Gears' drive reviews -

News18 Auto's drive review -

ACI's drive review -

NDTV Auto's drive review -

Overdrive's Review -

Evo India's drive review -

CarToq's drive review -

CarWale's review -

Auto X 's review -

ZigWheels' review

HUD explained -

Last edited by jailbird_fynix : 9th August 2019 at 21:17.
jailbird_fynix is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 9th August 2019, 21:34   #1710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
1) No. You will struggle if you want to sit high as your head will touch the roof. Also, the steering will need to be at the highest level as anything lower will brush your leg.
2) Yes, but not by huge margin. And those hard plastic seat back can make your knees uncomfortable (if your knees are touching the front seat backs).

My observations here:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4632280
Thank you for your reply.
Revisited your post #1487 on this thread and found my answer in points 6, 7 & 13 in the Interiors section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashenoy View Post
I took a test drive of the 1.4 Turbo this past Tuesday. My brother in law was along as well. I'm 5' 11", and my BIL about the same height. We were able to sit behind each other very comfortably with legroom to spare.
Understood your point about a healthy 6'2" person too. Thanks.

When the test drives are freely available after the initial rush dies down, will do a thorough drive along with my tall brother and evaluate if it is good for us.
Have understood from the thread that vehicles with sunroof will further lessen the headroom for taller passengers.
The nearest showroom is at Panvel and when I passed by it two days ago, they were still doing some work to it.
Where to service this vehicle will also factor into my decision process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix View Post
Shifting-Gears' drive reviews -
News18 Auto's drive review -
ACI's drive review -
NDTV Auto's drive review -
Overdrive's Review -
Evo India's drive review -
CarToq's drive review -
CarWale's review -
Auto X 's review -
ZigWheels' review
HUD explained
Thank you for posting all the reviews under one post.
All channels who have reviewed are here and makes searching + viewing so much easier.
Watching the Autocar India review - nice to see the bossman himself do the review for such an important car for Kia India.

Last edited by Ithaca : 9th August 2019 at 21:39.
Ithaca is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks