Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2018, 16:40   #466
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs

A CVT is not known for FE. You are trading FE for comfort. Even my Ritz used to give only 10-12 kmpl in Chennai. The WagonR (manual) gives about 11-13 kmpl in the city. Still 8 kmpl seems a bit too low.

A 35 litre fuel tank for the Amaze is a real dumbo idea from Honda. My WagonR can store the same amount of fuel. 35 litre tank. Can stretch to 37 if filled to the brim. It should have been at least 43-45 litres for the sedan. I can do Chennai - Salem on slightly more than half tank of fuel when filled to the brim. Given your FE, looks like you will have an empty tank much before.

I am unable to fathom what's with this small engines giving lower FE. The darn Ciaz petrol gives ~15 kmpl.

Last edited by longhorn : 24th July 2018 at 16:56.
longhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2018, 17:06   #467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
A relative bought the Amaze petrol CVT. Though they are impressed with the space and ease of driving, they have had a bit of a shock at the in-city mileage. Apparently, it is giving only 8 KMPL, some trips as low as 7 KMPL!
Have your relatives used an automatic before this purchase? Of not, they'll have to re-learn their driving style.

Accelerate sedately and let go of the accelerator when a signal is in sight and red instead of hitting the brakes at the last minute. Coast to the signal but don't go to Neutral gear.

Plus the CVT will operate the engine at the lowest possible rpm. Ensure that it happens always.

Surely you'll get more than that. My sister's Brio used to give 10-11Kmpl and it was a torque converter which never got to see top gear inside the city.

Finally, reset the MID when refueling. I think it's not done since you purchased the car.

Happy driving

Last edited by Aditya : 24th July 2018 at 18:22. Reason: Typo corrected on request
SchumiFan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2018, 21:55   #468
Senior - BHPian

Can Amaze CVT Diesel owners throw some light on the maintenance part? Does the transmission needs frequent overhauls ?
Old 25th July 2018, 04:43   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Can Amaze CVT Diesel owners throw some light on the maintenance part? Does the transmission needs frequent overhauls ?
How could anyone know that within 3 months of launch ? An overhaul could take a minimum of 1.5-2 lakh KM. You will know that only 4+5 years down the line .
Old 25th July 2018, 09:45   #470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
How could anyone know that within 3 months of launch ? An overhaul could take a minimum of 1.5-2 lakh KM. You will know that only 4+5 years down the line .
Regular maintenance/consumables would be clearly mentioned in user manual, hence thought owners could refer the same or link to downloadable manual would be even better I have little knowledge about CVT in cars, scooters need small overhaul every 25k km,if ridden hard, which is silly IMO.
Old 25th July 2018, 20:09   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Regular maintenance/consumables would be clearly mentioned in user manual, hence thought owners could refer the same or link to downloadable manual would be even better I have little knowledge about CVT in cars, scooters need small overhaul every 25k km,if ridden hard, which is silly IMO.
From whatever I have read in my 10 years of being an auto enthusiast, most automatic transmissions wouldn't need any overhaul in a minimum of 1- 1.5 lakh Km and Hondas generally much more than that.

The transmission fluids in some cars may require replacing while some are sealed for life. I replace the transmission fluids in my scooters once in a while, but none have gone kaput overall.
Ragavsr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2018, 22:15   #472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not sure if your question is referring to an Engine overhaul or the automatic gearbox overhaul. I believe the others have already called out regarding the reliability of the engine.

Coming to the CVT, among the many types of automatic transmissions available in the market (AMT, DSG, Torque Converter) the CVT is possibly the most reliable option.

Having said this, the combination of the iDTEC Diesel engine and CVT is an all new combination and hence there are no real world proof points available in terms of long term usage.
Old 26th July 2018, 20:14   #473
Senior - BHPian

I am seeing complaints on low in city FE on the petrol CVT variants. Also heard full vehicle vibration issues in reverse gear as well as difficulty in reversing up a slope. Anybody experienced the same?
longhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 19:59   #474
BHPian

Got delivery of my V CVT (D) today. Booked on June 9th. On road 10.45L. Big thanks to all the forum members for their guidance.
Old 27th July 2018, 22:04   #475
Team-BHP Support

Introductory prices to be revised on the 1st of August 2018 -

Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-screenshot_201807272201012.png
Old 28th July 2018, 11:14   #476

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazzy View Post
Got delivery of my V CVT (D) today. Booked on June 9th. On road 10.45L. Big thanks to all the forum members for their guidance.
Many many congrats for your new purchase. Will be eagerly waiting for your review regarding performance of Diesel CVT in daily commute. I am also on the brink of choosing the Diesel CVT, but only waiting for official review of T-BHP (can't trust other forums review blindly except T-BHP's ).
mandeepsekhon92 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2018, 14:05   #477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazzy View Post
Congrats. Enjoy. Btw are you planning to install any after market Android/Apple infotainment screen? I too got V CVT petrol last month. Unable to decide on this, as there are many options like Kenwood, Sony, JVC, Pioneer, hypersonic, Blaupunkt, Motevo, etc. Can anyone through some light on the latest features to look for as well as durability and after sales service? I'm looking between 20k to 30k price range. Thanks. Srikanth
Old 28th July 2018, 14:48   #478

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRKBHP View Post
Congrats. Enjoy. Btw are you planning to install any after market Android/Apple infotainment screen? I too got V CVT petrol last month. Unable to decide on this, as there are many options like Kenwood, Sony, JVC, Pioneer, hypersonic, Blaupunkt, Motevo, etc. Can anyone through some light on the latest features to look for as well as durability and after sales service? I'm looking between 20k to 30k price range. Thanks. Srikanth
You may check the latest one launched by Sony (Sony XAV AX-5000) if it satisfies your requisites. It is having some decent features such as capacitive touchscreen, dual USB at a moderate price (Rs. 24,990). If it sounds interesting, you may have a look at the gadget yourself through the below link.

https://www.sony.co.in/electronics/i...ers/xav-ax5000
Old 28th July 2018, 15:03   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandeepsekhon92 View Post
Many many congrats for your new purchase. Will be eagerly waiting for your review regarding performance of Diesel CVT in daily commute. I am also on the brink of choosing the Diesel CVT, but only waiting for official review of T-BHP (can't trust other forums review blindly except T-BHP's ).
The diesel CVT is very nice. I drove a friend's yesterday. Only shame is that they have not provided cruise control and had to detune the engine power figures by 20%. They should have got a gearbox capable of handling more torque

No cruise control in diesel automatic. Disappointment
bhpfaninblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2018, 20:22   #480
BHPian

I am expecting delivery of my White V CVT Diesel this week. I am just going in for a OE type Seat Cover fit as of now from a known Car Decor shop. Will write back once I get the car with some photos of the same.

Swami
swami69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks