Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2018, 12:56   #436
BHPian

Re: Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
A person who wants a sedan will have a tough choice. The Jazz is the better car but the looks and shape of the Amaze are clearly what the buyer wants.

This will hurt the Jazz sales and after spending time with it, you realise it's a very capable car.
No doubt Jazz is a better car out there, but it looses out on features which is quite common nowadays. For this very reason itself, it looses out to Amaze and WR-V. It has great potential to even upset i20, but for lack of features it looses out there as well. So, it has competition with own siblings and outsiders both.

Amaze and WR-V, both sport these missing features in Jazz and it is going to be quite a challenge for people to convince going for Jazz.

I firmly believe that Jazz is a better alternative over City, as it combines both tall boy stance and under 4m rule quite gracefully. It is perfect for our congested cities. I guess Honda is aware of this and hence it refrained from going all out with Jazz launch in order to protect their City sales. But with City, now costing upwards of 13 lacs for bare minimum variant, Jazz facelift makes perfect case for itself.

Last edited by varunswnt : 17th June 2018 at 12:57.
varunswnt is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 17th June 2018, 15:33   #437
Team-BHP Support

A fully-loaded Jazz/derivative - creature comforts, magic seats, 1.5 iVTEC w/CVT autobox - priced @ 11-13L OTR could potentially wrest a good chunk of the urban market from the compact and entry-level sedans. I expected WR-V to fill this role, but Honda launched a Jazz-on-stilts instead.

Honda, you could make a lot more money while selling the same products with already available parts and powertrains. Not everybody wants a sedan, and practical compact UVs are all the rage. Get in the game!
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2018, 20:54   #438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
A fully-loaded Jazz/derivative - creature comforts, magic seats, 1.5 iVTEC w/CVT autobox - priced @ 11-13L OTR could potentially wrest a good chunk of the urban market from the compact and entry-level sedans. I expected WR-V to fill this role, but Honda launched a Jazz-on-stilts instead.

Honda, you could make a lot more money while selling the same products with already available parts and powertrains. Not everybody wants a sedan, and practical compact UVs are all the rage. Get in the game!
Agree 100%. Exactly the type of car I am looking for. I really like the Jazz CVT. But the 1.5 engine and a fully loaded option would be mouth watering. Since this option is not available, I have the City and Verna petrol in radar. Both automatic.
rajivr1612 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2018, 11:21   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
A fully-loaded Jazz/derivative - creature comforts, magic seats, 1.5 iVTEC w/CVT autobox - priced @ 11-13L OTR could potentially wrest a good chunk of the urban market from the compact and entry-level sedans.

Not everybody wants a sedan, and practical compact UVs are all the rage.
The problem with Honda not giving Jazz the creature comforts and the bigger engine is exactly this. It will wrest a good chunk of the market away from the City as well, which they do not want .

Otherwise in all other respects, I find the Jazz to be a much more practical car in the city, than the City itself.
Old 19th June 2018, 15:23   #440
BHPian

Hi All,
i have cancelled my booking for Amaze as i couldnt get myself comfortable with the petrol manual and CVT as the vehicle felt under powered. Checked the Diesel CVT but again have to add more on top to get the stereo, reverse camera, etc.

Moving on to a Skoda Rapid diesel auto which should be with us in two weeks.

Cheers
Jay
jayakrishnan_v is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th June 2018, 18:16   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayakrishnan_v View Post
Moving on to a Skoda Rapid diesel auto which should be with us in two weeks.
Hi Jay, even Rapid is a great car! Would you mind sharing the booking details like the variant, freebies offered, and OTR?

Looking forward to your initial ownership review in a couple of months.
scorpion_blore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2018, 18:57   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
Hi Jay, even Rapid is a great car! Would you mind sharing the booking details like the variant, freebies offered, and OTR?

Looking forward to your initial ownership review in a couple of months.
Hi mate yes the OTR was quoted at 15.9L in Trivandrum and this was for the edition X which comes only in red with 1.5TDI including skoda basic insurance and some essential kit of 8K. Skoda company was giving an offer of Rs 50000. In some cases they give some corporate discounts as well but we not available in my case as my company name was not listed as eligible. So i put in an offer saying if they throw me
a) the 4 yrs service pack of Rs 29999
b) sTandard discount of Rs 50000
c) Bumper to bumper insurance with RTI thats teh top end version of skoda insurance for the first year
d) Essential kit as free worth 8K.

They agreed for everything except the insurance due to the fact as per their quote it was somewhere around 47K.
They need 20K for the initial booking and then the 30K before the vehicle leaves the factory. In this case one car which was ready was confirmed for us and thus they asked for 50K. But i was adamant if they give it in writing the following then the money will be transferred and dotted lines signed
a) Show in the invoice price of the car minus the discount of 50K but add the RTO charges as the OTR.
b) Service pack and the insurance to be issued when driving away and will be ready as once the vehicle leaves the showroom everything slows down and we will have to run behind them.
c) Essential kit will be delivered for free

b) and c) to be mentioned in the additional details or notes section in their booking form as dealer offered freebies.

With this i made it touch shy of 1.3L as total discount bringing the OTR to 14.4L( proportionate decrease in TCS and RTO charges is what the difference of around 8K on top of the above discounts).

I did the calculation as follows when i compared to Amaze diesel i know are different cars. The difference in OTR was 4.4L
a) Reverse Camera Available in Amaze VX which is not in V which comes with automatic.
b) Cruise control - not available in amaze automatic, only in amaze manual.
c) Rear air vent - Not available in Amaze
d) Auto dimming inside rear view mirror - Not available in Amaze. I wouldnt have bothered if sun film was allowed.
e) Auto wipers with rain sensor - Not available in Amaze
f) Touch screen audio system with mirror link which again is not available in Amaze automatic. So need to install separately and another member here quoted the dealer fitted full option one will touch around 48K
g) Center arm rest for driver which can be adjusted in height according to drivers seat height - Again in Amaze is an extra fitting
h) Projector head lamp - Not available in Amaze.
i) Steering height and reach adjustment - available in both but Rapid has steering reach adjustment.
j) Glovebox is cooled in rapid
k) Edition X have all black interior which is what i want compared to the beige ones.
l) 16 inch alloy wheels and wider tyres.
m) Above all the edition X package as well.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited by jayakrishnan_v : 19th June 2018 at 19:01.
jayakrishnan_v is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th June 2018, 21:35   #443
Senior - BHPian

I saw on a video review the top speed is limited to 140 kmph for the Amaze diesel. Is this true? Isin't 140 very less considering it puts out almost 100 bhp?
Old 19th June 2018, 23:38   #444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I saw on a video review the top speed is limited to 140 kmph for the Amaze diesel. Is this true? Isin't 140 very less considering it puts out almost 100 bhp?
Honda is trying to protect sales of their premium cars City/Jazz over here by creating this unwanted classification, CITY/Jazz have no such speed limit. In addition to this, all 3 have same engine in exact same state of tune, but still Amaze gets 5-speed MT where City/Jazz get 6-speed MT. Instead of this, they could have detuned iDtec in Amaze to produce less power and provide a way for customers to upgrade (if you may say so) to City Diesel. Hold it, they did that for Diesel CVT but due to torque restriction of AT gearbox.

This is catch 22 situation for most of manufacturers. In petrol you have 1.2 and bigger engines spread across various segments. In diesel that is not the case, reason being sub 4m rule allows upto 1.5 engine and manufacturers use this till C segment cars.

Smaller Diesel engines across manufacturers
Maruti - 1.3 in 75 and 90 tune
Honda - 1.5 in 100 and 80(AT only) tune
Ford - 1.5
VW - 1.5 in 90 and 105 tune
Hyundai - 1.2, 1.4, 1.6
Toyota - 1.4 in 75 and 90 tune
Tata - 1.0 and 1.5

Last edited by varunswnt : 19th June 2018 at 23:41.
varunswnt is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2018, 06:58   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
Honda is trying to protect sales of their premium cars City/Jazz over here by creating this unwanted classification, CITY/Jazz have no such speed limit.

I was under an impression that BRIO/BRV/Mobilo underpins a low cost platform (for developing countries) which Honda wasn't comfortable being driven at high speeds.
Whereas Jazz/City is based on more International models (but rather toned down for India)

But can't blame Honda here. In a county where the max. legal speed is 130 ?! Honda might ask us back as why would we need anything more than 140 ?

Maybe they believe no owner would take amaze to a race track !
vaasscit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2018, 12:20   #446
Senior - BHPian

Can some one confirm what kind of head lamps does the new Amaze get? They talk about LED DRL and position lamps but there's nothing about the kind of head lamps that is being offered.

Thank you!
Old 20th June 2018, 12:56   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Can some one confirm what kind of head lamps does the new Amaze get? They talk about LED DRL and position lamps but there's nothing about the kind of head lamps that is being offered.

Thank you!
Headlights are normal halogen units. LED positioning lights are available in top V & VX models.
Flyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2018, 17:47   #448
BHPian

Honda Cars India Ltd has received over 26,000 bookings of the all-new Amaze since its launch. HCIL also exported 486 units during the month.

Quote:
“The response to All New Amaze has been excellent, giving boost to our June sales performance. We are thankful to our customers for this response and continue to maximise Amaze production to meet the strong demand.'' Rajesh Goel, SVP and Director, Marketing and Sales, Honda Cars India Ltd said.
Source
Flyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2018, 14:53   #449
Team-BHP Support

80 BHP Amaze diesel CVT acceleration figures are stunning!

0 to 60 km/hr: 4.94 secs
0 to 100 km/hr: 11.75 secs
20 to 80 km/hr: 6.12 secs
40 to 100 km/hr: 9.06 secs

Comparison with 110 BHP VW Ameo diesel DSG:

0 to 60 kmph: 5.61 secs
0 to 100 kmph: 11.98 secs
20 to 80 kmph: 6.27 secs
40 to 100 kmph: 8.8 secs

Source: Autocar India
SmartCat is online now   (15) Thanks
Old 4th July 2018, 14:58   #450

Today I went for test drive of Honda Amaze V CVT (diesel) at Vidhata Honda, Ludhiana. The sales person with whom i have booked my test drive (Mr Manoj) on phone was not present in the showroom, although he has assured me 15 mins earlier that he is ready with the test drive car. Instead he has phoned his other colleague to provide me test drive and to my disappointment, other colleague was too irresponsible and lazy one. He requested me that the test drive car could not be driven more than 4 km away from the showroom as they are restricted to allow customer to go beyond that 4 km limit. I cannot understand his illogical request. He has even denied my suggestion to pay for the fuel expenses. Either he is considering himself to be too smart or he thinks that customer's of today's era are fools. I am bit disappointed with their approach. Anyways, my so called 4 KM test drive was awesome ��. I am quite impressed by the refinement levels of the car. But Honda must keep a check on their dealerships to prevent the potential customers from sliding towards MSIL ballpark.
mandeepsekhon92 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks