Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2018, 00:21   #391
BHPian

Re: Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs

After a long wait, finally got delivery of the new Amaze diesel V CVT in Golden Brown color.

Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-20180603_hondaamaze_01.jpg

Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-20180603_hondaamaze_06.jpg

Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-20180603_hondaamaze_08.jpg

Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-20180603_hondaamaze_09.jpg

Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-20180604_hondaamaze_02.jpg

I have driven around 150 kms in Bangalore within two days of delivery. Few observations from my side:

* Diesel is a bit noisy, but definitely better than the earlier generation Amaze. However the NVH levels are better than the competitors like Dzire.

* Diesel CVT works like a charm in heavy traffic. The creep functionality is a big boon. The dead pedal placement is terrific.

* No lack of power observed while accelerating from standstill in traffic signals. In fact I was able to overtake many other sedans and mini-SUVs. I have been using the 'D' mode so far, and never felt the urge to switch to 'S' mode as the 'D' mode itself catered to the driving conditions.

* There were some comments earlier mentioning about lag when climbing the flyovers, however I didn't notice any such thing. I must have easily crossed more than 10 flyovers in these initial days of usage, never seen any issue with the car struggling to climb the inclines.

* The rubber band effect of CVT is not that prominent, and never seen it during my 150 kms of drive so far. It may be evident in highways during very sudden acceleration, but it is safe to say that ratio is quite small of many of us.

* The rear legroom is really good. A relative who owns Lodgy mentioned that the leg room in Amaze is better and seats are more comfy than Lodgy!

* Ride and handling is really good, and the potholes can be easily crossed without the loud 'Thud' noise as seen in many others

* Driver's seat visibility is top notch, in fact the bonnet is visible

* MID showed average fuel efficiency close to 16 KMPL

* AC is really good, in fact I felt it is better than my colleague's City!
scorpion_blore is offline   (37) Thanks
Old 5th June 2018, 00:34   #392
BHPian

Congrats you are the first one in Tbhp to get the delivery of the vehicle. It’s a beautiful colour.
Any goodies thrown by the dealer? What is the service pack offered by Honda ?
jayakrishnan_v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2018, 00:46   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayakrishnan_v View Post
Congrats you are the first one in Tbhp to get the delivery of the vehicle. It’s a beautiful colour.
Any goodies thrown by the dealer? What is the service pack offered by Honda ?
Really? I was not aware, that is quite a surprise!

The dealer did not give any goodie. I enquired couple of showrooms, and none of them agreed to give any goodie.

Not sure what is a service pack. Is it the Honda Care Maintenance Package? (Link)

I took the extended warranty, roadside assistance, key protector, and zero depreciation add-on on the insurance.
Old 5th June 2018, 01:42   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
Really? I was not aware, that is quite a surprise!

The dealer did not give any goodie. I enquired couple of showrooms, and none of them agreed to give any goodie.

Not sure what is a service pack. Is it the Honda Care Maintenance Package? (Link)

I took the extended warranty, roadside assistance, key protector, and zero depreciation add-on on the insurance.
Till date every one has been posting based on the test drives and you are the only one who posted the car picture and hence
Yes the service pack is the honda care maintenance package. What is the key protector? Am i right in assuming roadside assistance will be there for initial 3 yrs ?
Old 5th June 2018, 07:46   #395
BHPian

Quote:
Yes the service pack is the honda care maintenance package. What is the key protector? Am i right in assuming roadside assistance will be there for initial 3 yrs ?
The price list shown by my dealer did not have this maintenance package. So I could not opt for it.

The key protector costed about Rs 290 only, and IIRC it is some kind of insurance add-on against key theft/loss.

The roadside assistance is for 4 years. It covers the following services for free: towing, battery jumpstart, 5-10 liters of fuel in case the tank gets empty, puncture assistance, and few more services. It costs Rs 4800. A friend who purchased City recently mentioned how we used it effectively and helped him few times within the first year of usage itself. Based on his feedback, I opted for this.
scorpion_blore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2018, 10:19   #396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The roadside assistance is for 4 years.. helped him few times within the first year of usage itself. Based on his feedback, I opted for this.
Congrats for the car. RSA from Honda is a definite. Have used this couple of times and found it to be just perfect.
panky12345 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2018, 16:09   #397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After a long wait, finally got delivery of the new Amaze diesel V CVT in Golden Brown color.
Thanks for sharing the initial impressions!
Has anyone taken delivery and driven the petrol CVT variant in the city / highways to share a similar micro review?
blackasta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2018, 16:14   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Thanks for sharing the initial impressions!
Has anyone taken delivery and driven the petrol CVT variant in the city / highways to share a similar micro review?
Yes am also after the same as i have put in the deposit for a petrol CVT.
jayakrishnan_v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2018, 20:00   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
New Amaze does help Honda in its May sales figures, dispatches 9,789 units during the month.

Source : Honda
Those are great numbers for a start, but how is the safety aspect of amaze, does it match to a extent with the likes of ford, fiat, VW etc.

Quote:
Congrats on the buy, did you insure the ride with honda or from outside

Last edited by junky : 5th June 2018 at 20:02.
Old 6th June 2018, 15:15   #400
BHPian

Here are few more observations after 250 kms of drive. Let me start with another pros:
* Headlight throw and range is good, I found it better than the stock headlights of my Ritz VXI

Now time for few cons:
* Although the glovebox is locked, it keeps opening on its own when I drive at quick pace over uneven roads. In my case, this happened when moving from un-tarred section of the road to the tarred section. This happened thrice at the same spot during my daily commute. I had observed this during the TD as well, but I gave the benefit of the doubt to Honda since it was TD vehicle.

* The head unit always plays songs from pen drive in a serial manner. When I enable 'shuffle' for the songs in that particular directory, it will be active only in that directory and only till I switch-off the engine. After engine reboot, the head unit again plays songs in serial fashion. It looks like the head unit does not store user preferences.

* The gear-box level section is not illuminated. Initially I found it difficult since I used to depend on my vision of the gearbox always. The trick here is to not use the button on the shaft when moving between 'N' and 'D'. This way it avoids accidentally shifting to 'R' or 'S' mode. Also the current mode is always displayed in the HUD.

* No illumination for the buttons on the driver right side armrest. Auto-lock or rolling down windows gets difficult at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by junky View Post
Congrats on the buy, did you insure the ride with honda or from outside
I got the insurance from Honda.
scorpion_blore is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th June 2018, 18:08   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Now time for few cons:
* Although the glovebox is locked, it keeps opening on its own when I drive at quick pace over uneven roads. In my case, this happened when moving from un-tarred section of the road to the tarred section. This happened thrice at the same spot during my daily commute. I had observed this during the TD as well, but I gave the benefit of the doubt to Honda since it was TD vehicle.
This was in one of the test drive video in youtube. i think its the flimsy clip.
Quote:
* The head unit always plays songs from pen drive in a serial manner. When I enable 'shuffle' for the songs in that particular directory, it will be active only in that directory and only till I switch-off the engine. After engine reboot, the head unit again plays songs in serial fashion. It looks like the head unit does not store user preferences.
If am correct the sort preference is not stored in the old HU as well. May i ask you what screen size units are a perfect fit to replace the non-digipad HU?
Quote:
* No illumination for the buttons on the driver right side armrest. Auto-lock or rolling down windows gets difficult at night.
This is really an issue.

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th June 2018 at 16:52. Reason: Removing left over quote tag :)
Old 6th June 2018, 18:38   #402
BHPian

Quote:
If am correct the sort preference is not stored in the old HU as well. May i ask you what screen size units are a perfect fit to replace the non-digipad HU?

This is really an issue.
I have no idea about the size for non-digipad HU. My dealer suggested a HU from Pioneer which costs about 60k. IMO it is not worth spending 6% of the car cost on a HU, hence ruled this out. I'm checking for other compatible units from other sources.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the missing illumination is common across other competitors in this segment. Although this is a shortcoming, I think with time one can get used to it.

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th June 2018 at 16:53. Reason: Removing extra quote tag :)
scorpion_blore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2018, 19:46   #403
BHPian

Any idea which model of pioneer was that just to get an idea of the HU size and then can find alternatives.

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th June 2018 at 16:53. Reason: Post edited. Please ensure you use proper capitalization and punctuation when posting on Team-BHP. Thanks.
Old 7th June 2018, 07:29   #404
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda Amaze zooms in May sales figures, enough numbers to be just behind the segment best Seller Maruti Suzuki's Dzire.
But seems it has cannibalized part of Honda City's volumes, but too early to infer though.

Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-am.jpg

Source:Auto Punditz

Last edited by volkman10 : 7th June 2018 at 07:33.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 07:45   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Honda Amaze zooms in May sales figures, enough numbers to be just behind the segment best Seller Maruti Suzuki's Dzire.
But seems it has cannibalized part of Honda City's volumes, but too early to infer though.
Let's hope Honda can invariably sell around same numbers or even more in the coming months. It's good to have competition in this segment. It's clear that their Diesel + CVT is a hit.

Did the City dispatch decline due to full utilisation of their plant for Amaze? Or is there really a fall in demand due to Yaris? I wish Honda doesn't make crazy waiting periods for Amaze as it will definitely affect its sales.
Flyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks