Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2018, 14:02   #256
BHPian

re: Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs

I hope Honda will retain these prices for some more time after the initial 20k is done. These prices will surely get some folks at Maruti started to sweat. I also suspect VX CVT models being launched pretty quickly considering the gap is only around 50k from V to VX.

The diesel CVT has the potential to be a game changer in the segment and maybe coerce Maruti to not offer the crappy AMT across its cars (from Alto to Brezza).

After a long time, I believe this is a launch to watch out for.
avdhesh15 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2018, 14:06   #257
Senior - BHPian

Honda has done everything it can to challenge the mighty Dzire. Full marks to Honda for trying and coming with a real competitor that has the features, price and the brand image to challenge Maruti at an equal level.
Old 16th May 2018, 14:16   #258
Senior - BHPian

Wow the prices are really 'amazing'. 90k premium for CVT is very much acceptable.

This gives me high hopes for the elusive 'perfect compact car', WR-V Diesel automatic!

But not to steal any limelight from Amaze, I hope this becomes a great hit for Honda. I think Brio - BRV will follow suit soon.
ani_meher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2018, 14:21   #259
BHPian

Amaze brochure (Source: https://www.hondacarindia.com)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Amaze_Brochure (1).pdf (3.58 MB, 933 views)
Nazzy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2018, 14:39   #260
BHPian

Option list is more or less same to what we have discussed here before. Pricing is very much competitive and hope Honda will release the VX or a ZX model with CVT. Dzire top models have teh AMTs but Honda have followed the same as Hyundai or Maruti Swift
jayakrishnan_v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2018, 14:49   #261
BANNED

For the ones on budget, the E blows that Lxi away !!
E (P) is sheer VFM, get an aftermarket Audio and you are all set.
Torquedo is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 16th May 2018, 14:53   #262
BHPian

Very keen pricing from Honda!

Now launch the VX CVT Diesel around Diwali and all will be well.

This is a very sensible automobile and this pricing makes it even more so.
Redline6800 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2018, 15:03   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline6800 View Post
Very keen pricing from Honda!

Now launch the VX CVT Diesel around Diwali and all will be well.

This is a very sensible automobile and this pricing makes it even more so.

Seriously, I really hope they launch the VX CVT. I don't think the prices would have been too outrageous if they had launced even now as well - in fact, I'd call it a missed opportunity. A fully specced petrol CVT for ~8.5 ex-showroom!
Old 16th May 2018, 15:03   #264
BHPian

Good pricing. This is a rare car that's actually priced lower than its predecessor in some grades!

I think this pricing leaves room for a VX CVT or maybe even a new ZX variant with LED headlamps, fancier alloys, leather seats etc.

The CVT variants are especially well priced. The premium over the Dzire AMT is not that much from an EMI perspective. Give me a rubber band CVT over a jerky AMT anyday.

This is one of Honda's more solid efforts in recent times, and the sales charts are going to reflect that.

Last edited by Aaron:) : 16th May 2018 at 15:06.
Aaron:) is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th May 2018, 17:31   #265
BHPian

So the first version of the owners manual is also published in honda site as attached
Attached Files
File Type: pdf All New Amaze 2018 - Owner's Manual.pdf (7.90 MB, 739 views)
Old 16th May 2018, 18:58   #266
BHPian

I am "Amaze"d by Honda's pricing. If at all they had launched the VX trim with CVT.

Having said that, has any one seen the new Amaze? how is the build quality and the rear bench space?

I drive a Dzire ZXi+ AMT and after seeing few accident pictures recently i am now very cautious while driving. If the build quality of Amaze is good i might even think of jumping the ship by early next year.
Old 16th May 2018, 19:54   #267
BHPian

In the launch, they also mentioned the pricing of the Chrome package to be Rs.9,999 and Utility package to be Rs. 4,999
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-acc.jpg  

Nazzy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th May 2018, 21:31   #268
BHPian

Hi,

I have booked the dzire zxi manual and the delivery is planned for this Friday - 18'th May.

However, just wanted to have a feel of Amaze and went to test drive the Amaze petrol VX MT version. My driving impressions -

Give the vehicle an open stretch of road and you will notice that the vehicle begs to be revved. It is totally a rev happy engine.

However, drive it in bumper to bumper traffic (or) even medicore to high traffic level, you will find that you will have frequently downshift the gear. In my 20-30 mins test drive, i even noticed some cramps in my leg for having to frequently downshift.

The AC is a bone chiller and there is absolutely no need for any rear ac vents. However, I haven't test driven it during a super sunny afternoon. So maybe, i will have test it during this time by sitting on the back seat.

The rear seat does look like it can accommodate only two healthy adults with a kid.
Also, the head space doesn't seem much even for a 5ft 9'inch tall person. I could barely find any space over my head. Not that I will be sitting anytime in that place, but a point to take notice of.

Other plastic quality, dashboard quality and interiors does look top notch. It definitely is a looker from the outside.

Now, with these facts running in my head, I headed once again to the maruti showroom where I had booked the dzire and asked for a test drive of the dzire. The vehicle was amazing to drive. The K-series engine has never disappointed and time and again feels super rev happy. Give it any road, whether its bumper to bumper or mediocore traffic, the gear shifts and clutch are super slick and engage precisely. I did not feel the need to downshift even when the traffic was heavy. Also never had any noticeable leg pain. Simply put, driving the vehicle was effortless.

Now, I had booked the dzire after having bagged a very good price for my Celerio VXI AMT (4 yrs 2 months old - 35000 kms on the ODO). The dealer has agreed to give me 3.7L and i was always happy about this price. To be really truthful, I have also put an ad on OLX and the prices being quoted for this vehicle is absolutely horrendous.

I took the celerio to honda and they are prepared to give only 3.4L (30K less than what Maruti dealers are offering for my car).

I am totally lost in dilemma about what to do now. I am truly smitten by the Amaze looks but worried about the frequent downshifts. Also, by selling the vehicle to honda showroom, i will be loosing 30k. The biggest trouble in all this is the fact that I don't have time since the delivery for the dzire is planned for this Friday.

I can also live with the looks of the dzire (not that it is bad, but not as good as Amaze IMHO). But the more concerning fact is the build quality. I have a 4 year kid and do not want to compromise on that factor. The kerb weight difference between dzire and amaze is 80Kg. Not sure how much of difference that would make.

What do you guys suggest?
Do you think dzire is a good bet? All along, the service advisor has been supremely good to me and has arranged for test drives multiple times. I am not sure how he would be taken back If I decide to cancel my dzire booking.
Is the frequent downshift problem also present in the last generation Amaze? Any solutions? Will it be something, I have to live with (or) would it get better after say a couple of 1000 kms?

In all, what do you guys suggest? Please help this absolutely confused person that I am.

Last edited by vijay.s : 16th May 2018 at 21:33.
Old 16th May 2018, 22:40   #269
Team-BHP Support

^ Both the engines are brilliant and I feel, the low end torque in a Maruti 1.2K is better, hence pottering around in a city, you will enjoy the Dzire more.

But, nothing to take away from the brilliant Amaze, buy with whichever you connected better.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2018, 22:45   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
For the ones on budget, the E blows that Lxi away !!
E (P) is sheer VFM, get an aftermarket Audio and you are all set.
I've always wondered whether getting an aftermarket audio system voids the manufacturer's warranty? If so, does one have to buy an audio system and get it fitted from the company itself? Can the company say no?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks