Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2018, 23:18   #271
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.s View Post

In all, what do you guys suggest? Please help this absolutely confused person that I am.
Pardon me for the long off-topic post.

This is how Maruti wins customers. About an year back I was in the hunt for a car in exchange for my Alto. I got the best price for my Alto ( close to 35k above the market price) in exchange for a Wagon R. They keep influencing the customers by offering carrots.

And guess what, I never intended to buy a Wagon R. I wanted the Ignis, but after consistent back and forth negotiations , the difference between purchasing a Wagon R vs Ignis Delta with exchange was close to 1 lakh. Although the OTR price difference was just 40k, other benefits and discounts summed up close to 1L. Then I went through few brain faded moments and choose the Wagon R as it was cheaper and I wasn't taking a loan.

But, the story since then is different. After an year and close to 19k km's, there isn't a moment where I did not repent not purchasing the Ignis.

Lesson: Sometimes, you should follow the heart.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th May 2018, 23:19   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

I have booked the dzire zxi manual and the delivery is planned for this Friday - 18'th May.

However, just wanted to have a feel of Amaze and went to test drive the Amaze petrol VX MT version. My driving impressions -

In all, what do you guys suggest? Please help this absolutely confused person that I am.
I drive a Honda Brio and really love the engine on highway runs, but in city its a big let down due to poor torque availability at lower revs. Recently I drove my friend's brand new Dzire Zxi+ AMT and was bowled over by the interiors. They are 'Amazing' Also power available at lower rpms was superior to the Honda, the AMT was shifting at pretty low rpms, something I feel Honda car just cannot do. Do note that it also affects fuel efficiency in city as you have to revv the Honda a little too much. Both cars in manual version are equally good, so if I were you, I wouldn't take the pain to switch over at the last minute

Also note, Honda does not sell spares over the counter, something which I miss when getting the car serviced from outside the dealership. Something to consider if you like to get things done on your own.

Coming back to the new Honda Amaze, thank god Honda has kept the price competitive this time and not charging a premium for the 'i-Vtec' that they did earlier, or maybe its just that the Dzire raised its bar. Need to see the car in person to judge the looks.

The VW Ameo and Ford Aspire are going to face some heat because of this car.
NiInJa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2018, 08:05   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
I have booked the dzire zxi manual and the delivery is planned for this Friday - 18'th May.
In my opinion both Honda and Maruti are at par when it comes to service, maintenance and customer relationship or Maruti will be a notch better but not with a bigger margin though.
If you are going to use the vehicle most of the time at city then the frequent gear shift is something to be worried about, since you have only a day to decide check with any known Amaze owners and do few more test drives.
On the build quality and if I have to be honest here between these two manufacturers nobody is having any advantage here may be because they all come from same Japanese gene.
Now the looks it is on your eyes, both look better on their own way give some weightage wherever your HEART is inclined to and dont bring your BRAIN here.

This is going to be a tough decision for many I guess.
Cheers!
Old 17th May 2018, 11:57   #274
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs

For those, who were wondering, how would the Amaze's moustache look, in body coloured or grey avatars.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-amaze-moustaches.jpeg  

Last edited by ashutoshb : 17th May 2018 at 12:04.
ashutoshb is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 17th May 2018, 12:04   #275
A M
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
Any idea whether this is the introductory price for the first 20k bookings? There were some rumors before that the introductory offer would include insurance for Rs 1.
Re. 1 insurance is being offered on the previous gen Amaze included in a total of Rs. 47,500 discount.
Old 17th May 2018, 12:13   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
For those, who were wondering, how would the Amaze's moustache look, in body coloured or grey avatars.
Great are they in offer as an accessory or we will have to get it done in the body shop?
Old 17th May 2018, 12:13   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

It is strange to know that you are moving from AMT to MT. There should be really strong reasons for this down shift considering your frequent city driving.

Now, I see this more a mind game as you seem to be disturbed by something from New Amaze that you are not getting from Dzire. If your heart not letting you sleep due to this reason then go for Amaze. Loss of 30K and possible goodwill loss with Maruthi dealer for exchange with Dzire should be worth the decision.

I had similar dilemma when I booked my Honda City CVT and took a last minute decision. I was about to give cheque for Duster after lot of brainy analysis but last minute test drive of City made me fell in love with it instantly. Its been 4 years and no regrets till date for not buying Duster.

Pardon me if I went overboard anything here. My first post and couldn't resist myself helping out here.
ramjiramu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2018, 12:20   #278
Senior - BHPian

First Look Videos of Various Grades in 2018 Honda Amaze

S Grade (Mid Variant).

V Grade

VX Grade

Last edited by CarguyNish : 17th May 2018 at 12:34.
CarguyNish is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 17th May 2018, 13:56   #279
BHPian

Is it just me or is the space behind the rear wheels completely bare on the S grade? Looks horrible! And why is there still a slider for recirculation?
Old 17th May 2018, 14:53   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

If you consider build quality the sheet metal of both is the same. I wouldn't go with accident pics as there are many things to it.

I feel that you have connected with the Dzire first hand. The engine characteristics will not change. You will continue to downshift even after a couple of hundred kms.

If I were you, I would go ahead with the Dzire.
Old 17th May 2018, 15:49   #281
BHPian

Had a visit to Landmark Honda, Dumas Road dealership yesterday.

Took some Snaps of S CVT Variant and test drive of diesel V CVT Variant.

Sharing the snaps first(Apologies for picture quality as i took it from my cellular phone)

Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-1.jpg

Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-2.jpg

Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-3.jpg

Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-4.jpg

Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-5.jpg

Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-6.jpg

Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-7.jpg

Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-8.jpg

My Test Drive Experience:-

Tested the diesel CVT variant, purely in city conditions.

1. Engine noise i feel is dampened somewhat at idle, light coarse diesel sound is heard at idle, however through out the drive with AC on the engine noise heard inside the cabin was considerably high as compared to likes of Dzire, Aspire. Vibrations are nearly absent. I had reset the MID during the drive after a 6.7 kms drive in city the MID showed 17.7 km/ltr. Driveability is very good, no lag experienced, press the A pedal and the car pulls easily and the tacho needle quickly jumps to 2000 rpm. Driving a 100ps power with 215nm torque Ford Aspire daily i didn't feel the Amaze's engine feels under powered. CVT is good to respond, the tuning feels decent, we have the rubber band effect still the transmission does it duty with out any hassles. Doesn't feel that this is the first time a CVT is mated to a oil burner.

2. The horn sound is clearly heard inside the cabin with a loud note. Feels as if the horn is place somewhere the ABC pedals. Very irritating.

3. No illumination in CVT modes display even when the headlights switched on, a new user would find it really difficult in night driving to know in which mode he is driving especially when there are 3 modes S,L,D modes to drive ahead.

4. The door feels very light to operate reminds me of the new Maruti Dzire, my Aspire doors feels a tad heavier to operate.

5. The interior aesthetics of the S variant could have been better. The HVAC control knobs, audio system, AC air circulation slider could have been aesthetically better they look just about average. The plastics used in other parts of dashboard feels and looks just above average. I feel Hyundai Xcent & Volkswagen Ameo has much better interior fit and finish and aesthetic layout.

6. Comfortable front seats, being 6'2" tall i find under-thigh support to be short in most of the cars in this segment or sometimes a segment above to the car i have driven till date. Amaze's front seats offer great under-thigh support along with good should support and great legroom. Though i did not drive it for a very long distance, but long journeys in the driver seat for people of my height should not be a worry with the Amaze.

7. The boot space at 420 liters is definitely high on paper, but i feel the depth and the height is missing. It might sound weird but my Aspire's boot is deeper than Amaze and also has more height.

8. The instrument cluster on the S variant displays avg. fuel efficiency and cruising range but does not display real time fuel efficiency and outside temperature.

I hope the short review helps.

Last edited by Car's Paradise : 17th May 2018 at 15:54. Reason: Adding Instrument Cluster point.
Car's Paradise is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 17th May 2018, 15:56   #282
BHPian

Visited Hallmark Honda, Nerul to collect my City after its service.
Walked to the sales area and found three Honda Amaze on display.
Colours of display cars were White, Golden Brown & Radiant Red.
Golden Brown looks amazing.
The sales executive forwarded to me the price list and brochure which I am attaching below.
Test drive was offered but I did not take it since I was more keen on seeing my vehicle post service.

The new Amaze definitely looks better than the outgoing version.
Sales Executive mentioned 6 month waiting for top end Diesel CVT and at least one month waiting for the petrol CVT and other variants.
This showroom had two Diesel CVTs at its stockyard for immediate delivery for the bravehearts who had previously booked this vehicle sight unseen.

Honda has to shorten the waiting time for the Diesel CVT to make a real impact in this segment if it wants to be taken as a serious contender.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-image2.jpeg  

Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-image3.jpeg  

Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-image4.jpeg  

Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-image1.jpeg  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf AMAZE Price List Hallmark Honda 16.05.pdf (220.4 KB, 868 views)
File Type: pdf Amaze_Brochure (2).pdf (3.58 MB, 311 views)
Ithaca is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th May 2018, 15:59   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car's Paradise View Post
Had a visit to Landmark Honda, Dumas Road dealership yesterday.
Hi any idea of this colour? is this the golden brown metallic..?

Last edited by Eddy : 17th May 2018 at 16:01. Reason: Quoting a large post hampers readability
Old 17th May 2018, 16:38   #284
BHPian

Just came back after the TD of diesel V CVT variant. Few observations from my end:

1) Engine noise is heard inside the cabin. Noise insulation is definitely better than the outgoing model. I felt the noise is much lower compared to Swift diesel AMT that I TD before.

2) The infamous head nod associated with AMTs is not present. However a mild jerk like feeling comes in during sudden acceleration. Not sure if that is expected with CVTs.

3) The engine was quick to respond to sudden acceleration, hardly any lag was felt.

4) The 'L' mode results in a lot of engine noise, however I felt it is ok since this would mostly be used only in steep inclines.

5) The dead pedal placement was perfect for my driving stance, and I felt at ease within five minutes of driving this car.

6) The interiors cannot be compared to Dzire at all. I feel Dzire definitely wins in this department with wooden inserts and flat bottom steering.

7) I felt that the space for rear passengers is a bit lesser than Dzire. I did not push the front seats all the way back, not sure how much space will be present at the rear when I do that.

8) Looks damn good in golden brown!

Note: My dealer mentioned that the ones who have pre-booked might get the delivery by end of May. New bookings will have wait time of 1 month.

Just my $0.02.

Last edited by scorpion_blore : 17th May 2018 at 16:41.
scorpion_blore is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2018, 16:51   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayakrishnan_v View Post
Hi any idea of this colour? is this the golden brown metallic..?
Hello

Yes it was the golden brown metallic color.

Last edited by Car's Paradise : 17th May 2018 at 17:15.
Car's Paradise is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks